Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,184 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:14 AM

Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. (7019 Views)

Residents Of Owere Road Cheers As Gov Ikpeazu Commisions Two Roads In Aba / Bee / Oru Owere Outburst: Okorocha’s Statement Has Nothing To Do With Me –anyanwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by donwill: 7:21pm On Jul 24, 2012
recently i have been hearing so much interesting good stories about owere in terms of beautification,which have led to too much high rating of owere now.moreover enugu is the political capital of the east right from time which it still retain today.the tapography of enugu is also good.so i ask between this two city which is the epitom of beauty of the east
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jul 24, 2012
I've bn to both cities,enugu is better.In enugu the attraction is evenly distributed unlike owerri which only centers of attraction are douglas road and new owerri
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by chosen04(f): 8:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
Is Owere in niGERia?
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Oshiite: 9:04pm On Jul 24, 2012
U cannot compare black and white bt can only compare white and milk colour,enugu is too much,if ur entering owerri from ikeduru, u must weep and pity dat town.so horrendous
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by donwill: 9:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
do you guys mean that with all this am hearing about owere,the the paris of nigeria,never pass enugu for beauty.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by dasparrow: 10:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
donwill: do you guys mean that with all this am hearing about owere,the the paris of nigeria,never pass enugu for beauty.

The name of the city is OWERRI and not "owere". I have not been to Owerri or Enugu so I can't say.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ezeagu(m): 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
dasparrow:

The name of the city is OWERRI and not "owere". I have not been to Owerri or Enugu so I can't say.

Some of us don't accept colonial names.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by wesley80(m): 10:41pm On Jul 24, 2012
Oshiite: U cannot compare black and white bt can only compare white and milk colour,enugu is too much,if ur entering owerri from ikeduru, u must weep and pity dat town.so horrendous

That's not fair. I've been to Enugu (about 6years ago anyway) and I wasn't mighty impressed with what I saw then, I passed through really old looking areas on my way to UNEC, I mean areas I could compare with Orji in Owerri so I believe every city has its untidy/ramschakle areas.
I do not think the most beautiful places in Owerri are in Douglas or Wetheral but other less important areas like Mbari, Ikenegbu, Prefab, MCC, World Bank etc. Enugu may be more beautiful but I believe Owerri will hold its own in any objective comparison.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by donwill: 10:48pm On Jul 24, 2012
wesley80:

That's not fair. I've been to Enugu (about 6years ago anyway) and I wasn't mighty impressed with what I saw then, I passed through really old looking areas on my way to UNEC, I mean areas I could compare with Orji in Owerri so I believe every city has its untidy/ramschakle areas.
I do not think the most beautiful places in Owerri are in Douglas or Wetheral but other less important areas like Mbari, Ikenegbu, Prefab, MCC, World Bank etc. Enugu may be more beautiful but I believe Owerri will hold its own in any objective comparison.
thanks for ur sincerety
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by donwill: 10:53pm On Jul 24, 2012
dasparrow:

you better no say anything.oyaa comot for dis place anu
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Abagworo(m): 11:02pm On Jul 24, 2012
I don't know the parameter to use and compare but Owerri is more modern and Enugu is much bigger.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by nnemmpi(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Owerie all the way

1 Like

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Piyke: 11:15pm On Jul 24, 2012
wesley80:

Enugu has changed so so much from 6 years ago. Enugu has had two good administration and even just a year offers so much change.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Piyke: 11:19pm On Jul 24, 2012
Enugu has better road networks and drainage, the evidence of this is that Owerri has more traffic jams.
Enugu also trumps owerri as a place for shopping
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:44pm On Jul 24, 2012
Based on what i've seen of both cities so far, i'd say Enugu has slightly edged ahead. But with a few cosmetic touches (cleaning/repainting the streets, trimming the grass, and clearing all the annoying street clutter everywhere), Owerri will come tops.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by OneNaira6: 6:28am On Jul 25, 2012
Both are equally good but as of now, Enugu trumps Owerri.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by FACE(m): 8:53am On Jul 25, 2012
Oshiite: U cannot compare black and white bt can only compare white and milk colour,enugu is too much,if ur entering owerri from ikeduru, u must weep and pity dat town.so horrendous

From Owerri (Orji - Obilubi Mbieri area)going towards Ikeduru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSAtNhQVm1s&feature=player_detailpage
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by eaglechild: 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2012
Funny how things can change in just a few months.
This is an old thread but presently there is sincerely no way one can begin to compare both.
Owerri is just a small run down town, that needs an overhaul of its infrastructure esp roads. Apart from Concord boulevard, evry other part of Owerri is just prone to annoying traffic and bad roads.
Enugu on the other hand has a good road network which makes movt so easy.
And that,s just roads.
Not to talk of security, shopping, recreation.
Enugu trounces Owerri in ALL aspects.

1 Like

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by cjrane: 8:14pm On Sep 22, 2012
I think Igbos should reject and indeed ignore the set up from these Yoruba people to breed enemity amongst us by comparing nonsense. Enugu, Owerri,Umuahia,Asaba,Awka,Nnewi,Nsukka Onitsha,Aba,Afikpo,Abakaliki,Okigwe,Orlu,Arochukwu or Oguta are all great Igbo cities and we support their well being and development. Igbo have been chased out of north,and all these cities are absorbing these displaced Igbos and it has spurred their growth. Which the Yoruba people are so jealous about.

Let them open a thread to discuss Osogbo vs Ogbomoso , Ibadan vs Abeokuta, Sango-Ota vs Ikare-Ekiti & Akure vs Ado-ekiti.We shall be happy to see the pictures of the hell holes and give them our opinion about which is more archaic and which has more crowded mud huts with dusty rusty roofs . grin;

2 Likes

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 8:24pm On Sep 22, 2012

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 8:26pm On Sep 22, 2012

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by Abagworo(m): 8:33pm On Sep 22, 2012
Someone has advised all Igbos to steer clear of this thread and you are here posting picture of Akabo and calling it Owerri. Owerri and Enugu are both fine and pride of all Igbos and Nigerians.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 8:39pm On Sep 22, 2012
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Abagworo: Someone has advised all Igbos to steer clear of this thread and you are here posting picture of Akabo and calling it Owerri. Owerri and Enugu are both fine and pride of all Igbos and Nigerians.
Noted cool
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by cjrane: 8:41pm On Sep 22, 2012
Abagworo: Someone has advised all Igbos to steer clear of this thread and you are here posting picture of Akabo and calling it Owerri. Owerri and Enugu are both fine and pride of all Igbos and Nigerians.

Exactly my brother. If that guy is truly Igbo, he should cover his face in shame for proving the ofemmanus right that his IQ is too low to see when they are being played against each other. Let Yoruba people show us their own rusty roofs towns for once to discuss.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2012
cjrane:

Exactly my brother. If that guy is truly Igbo, he should cover his face in shame for proving the ofemmanus right that his IQ is too low to see when they are being played against each other. Let Yoruba people show us their own rusty roofs towns for once to discuss.

. . .saying that someone's IQ is low does not make it low.
Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by cjrane: 8:56pm On Sep 22, 2012
ACM10:

. . .saying that someone's IQ is low does not make it low.

Oburu na ibu nwa afo igbo, i ga ama na ndi Yoruba achoghi anyi ndu.I kwesiri ima ihe ka "tortoise".
Ha choro bu ka umu igbo jiri ekworo na iwe na egbu onwe ha.
I kwesiri i ghota ihe ha bu n'obi. O buru na ha choro i ma, ha weputa obodo ha ebea k'anyi kotoo obodo ha.
chikwa ha ochi make i bu ndi nzuzu.

1 Like

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by ACM10: 9:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
cjrane:

Oburu na ibu nwa afo igbo, i ga ama na ndi Yoruba achoghi anyi ndu.I kwesiri ima ihe ka "tortoise".
Ha choro bu ka umu igbo jiri ekworo na iwe na egbu onwe ha.
I kwesiri i ghota ihe ha bu n'obi. O buru na ha choro i ma, ha weputa obodo ha ebea k'anyi kotoo obodo ha.
chikwa ha ochi make i bu ndi nzuzu.

A nugom ihe i kwuru. Amam ihe di na okwu gi. Ka chi foo

1 Like

Re: Between Enugu And Owere Which More Beautiful. by cjrane: 10:02pm On Sep 22, 2012
ACM10:

A nugom ihe i kwuru. Amam ihe di na okwu gi. Ka chi foo

Ndewo! Ezigbo nwanne m.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

GEJ Just Lost Another Supporter In Me / Buhari And His Fading 'anti-corruption' Fight By Oke Umurhohwo / Breaking News!!!!! US Bancorp Bank To Return Amaechi's Loot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.