Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102831 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Gee2728(m): 12:16am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy new year to all the beemer family.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Gee2728: Happy new year to all the beemer family.
Happy New Year, to you all...wishing members new BMWs this year...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 25, 2014
I have read all your posts and what i humbly have to say is that if you haven't sped with a benz or bmw still to confirm audi, then you are still on a long long thing.
Might sound strange to y'all but from okigwe to enugu, i extremely dusted a 2010 or 2012(not very sure) toyota hilux with a 1990 mercedes benz w124 230e. didnt know the dude though but we both felt the challenge between us and decided to hit it, though he got off much faster than i, but on the long run, i just breezed by and he just could not understand how and he couldnt keep up.....THE POWER OF BENZ!!!!!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Desanta(m): 9:42pm On Jul 25, 2014
I drove a Lexus Rx 330 on Benin -Sapele road at 180km/hour. I didn't have the balls to get to 200km/hour.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 10:36pm On Jul 25, 2014
wink

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 26, 2014
leuelliot: wink
So close to redlining. Whats your engine size and car make?

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 9:11pm On Jul 26, 2014
That's a 2.4L camry tearing up the asphalt. grin. Thats 195 km/hr. The speed limiter kicked in though. Does any one know how to disable that shit? undecided

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by leuelliot(m): 9:12pm On Jul 26, 2014
96 volvo 850 T5 2.3l 5cylinder high pressure turbo
9icetoo:
So close to redlining. Whats your engine size and car make?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Kizyte(m): 12:19am On Jul 27, 2014
170KM/PH
From Abuja to Kaduna
Honda Baby boy.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Kizyte(m): 12:21am On Jul 27, 2014
9icetoo: That's a 2.4L camry tearing up the asphalt. grin. Thats 195 km/hr. The speed limiter kicked in though. Does any one know how to disable that shit? undecided
Man! Do you want to commit suicide? shocked

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DECOtech(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2014
sawyerrola:

'at 5500 rpm on 180km (max gear ratio reached) then you have to check why your gear box didn't change from gear 4 to gear 5. at max gear without too much force on your accelerator, you should be below 5500 rpm at that speed because you should be cruising at this point. once your rpm needle is in the red, take a break. its just a waste of fuel. '

and i forgot to add that to take pictures at such speed, please take it easy on your acceleration. no risky multitasking with only 1 copy of your life....lol...

Na you catch am joor! No mind the guy.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 8:46am On Jul 27, 2014
Chibzee: I have read all your posts and what i humbly have to say is that if you haven't sped with a benz or bmw still to confirm audi, then you are still on a long long thing.
Might sound strange to y'all but from okigwe to enugu, i extremely dusted a 2010 or 2012(not very sure) toyota hilux with a 1990 mercedes benz w124 230e. didnt know the dude though but we both felt the challenge between us and decided to hit it, though he got off much faster than i, but on the long run, i just breezed by and he just could not understand how and he couldnt keep up.....THE POWER OF BENZ!!!!!

Story story. Does a Toyota Hilux look like a performance car to u? You are just risking ur life in ur jalopy trying to outrun someone who is cruising in his safer newer car.

5 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 27, 2014
Chibzee: I have read all your posts and what i humbly have to say is that if you haven't sped with a benz or bmw still to confirm audi, then you are still on a long long thing.

You "outran" a 2 tonne pick-up truck in a Mercedes-Benz Sedan, and felt a sense of achievement? Now where's the sense in that? A truck is not meant to be a solid performer on tarmac.

It's like a sport bike rider feeling proud of outrunning a Kia Picanto. Go look for a Honda Accord 2.3 V-TEC, then I MIGHT just give you the respect you crave, despite the fact the Honda will most likely chew your Mercedes up, and spit out the tyres.

8 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 11:02am On Jul 27, 2014
Siena:

You "outran" a 2 tonne pick-up truck in a Mercedes-Benz Sedan, and felt a sense of achievement? Now where's the sense in that? A truck is not meant to be a solid performer on tarmac.

It's like a sport bike rider feeling proud of outrunning a Kia Picanto. Go look for a Honda Accord 2.3 V-TEC, then I MIGHT just give you the respect you crave, despite the fact the Honda will most likely chew your Mercedes up, and spit out the tyres.
lol, Siena that was too harsh
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jul 27, 2014
I did a 161km/hr on a busy 3MB...out maneuvering a G wagon which obviously has a better acceleration than my 07 4cyl accord, but I was a better driver and probably better handling on the speedway than a high centre vof gravity G wagon
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 8:27pm On Jul 27, 2014
Kizyte:
Man! Do you want to commit suicide? shocked
Nope. Would never dare that. Just wanted to find out when the speedo runs out. grin. Did that on the benin asaba express way. Those who know that road know how smooth and straight it is. Didn't maintain the speed for long though. Dropped back to 120km/hr after a few minutes. life hasn't got a duplicate you know. lol

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by 9icetoo(m): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2014
Siena:

grin grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
gmyguy: I did a 161km/hr on a busy 3MB...out maneuvering a G wagon which obviously has a better acceleration than my 07 4cyl accord, but I was a better driver and probably better handling on the speedway than a high centre vof gravity G wagon

G wagon handles like a Trailer
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2014
9icetoo:
Nope. Would never dare that. Just wanted to find out when the speedo runs out. grin. Did that on the benin asaba express way. Those who know that road know how smooth and straight it is. Didn't maintain the speed for long though. Dropped back to 120km/hr after a few minutes. life hasn't got a duplicate you know. lol

Same Road I did 180Kmph with the same car, cars should be tested on that road.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by SailorXY: 12:13am On Jul 28, 2014
cne010:

G wagon handles like a Trailer
hmmm
too bad considering its price
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Kizyte(m): 12:46am On Jul 28, 2014
I got this special love for good sports but haven't acquired any except my 2001 Quattro. Which is recommended sports cars with good performance?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 06, 2014
Siena:

Easyyyyy were all just talking nwayolly,.....but u see man, i dont know about the weight of the car, but i can tell you that the car (hilux) in general is a pretty fast truck.
Now, i dont know how or on what basis you guys or you in this case qualify(s) a fast car because i can see you mentioning honda. Now all those Japanese cars a pretty fast but i dont see the sense in a car being fast to an extent that you feel the car slipping out of your control(flying things).
so before i open my mouth to say that a car is fast, it has got to have some stamina to go by or with. and thats what makes the benz stand out. i could go as fast as the car can go feeling all relaxed and in control, but trust me when i tell you that some things i do on my benz cant and shouldnt be tried on so many other so called fast cars.
well longly and shorty said i dusted the hilux, maybe you should try going against a sound hilux truck with a fast driver behind the wheels and see what i mean and make sure your not on a benz.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Aug 06, 2014
abatically:

Story story. Does a Toyota Hilux look like a performance car to u? You are just risking ur life in ur jalopy trying to outrun someone who is cruising in his safer newer car.
My guy if anything happened on that speed we were both in, im sure i will be much more in a better state than he if we make it out alive.
DONT SPEED IN A TRUCK/JEEP. Feel free to fly on a sedan.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:34am On Aug 07, 2014
#centre of gravity #physics
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by JUO(m): 12:34am On Aug 07, 2014

Easyyyyy were all just talking
nwayolly,.....but u see man, i dont
know about the weight of the car, but i
can tell you that the car (hilux) in
general is a pretty fast truck.
Now, i dont know how or on what basis
you guys or you in this case qualify(s) a
fast car because i can see you
mentioning honda. Now all those
Japanese cars a pretty fast but i dont
see the sense in a car being fast to an
extent that you feel the car slipping out
of your control(flying things).
so before i open my mouth to say that a
car is fast, it has got to have some
stamina to go by or with. and thats
what makes the benz stand out. i could
go as fast as the car can go feeling all
relaxed and in control, but trust me
when i tell you that some things i do on
my benz cant and shouldnt be tried on
so many other so called fast cars.
well longly and shorty said i dusted the
hilux, maybe you should try going
against a sound hilux truck with a fast
driver behind the wheels and see what i
mean and make sure your not on a
benz.
this guy na learner. hilux that has speed limit of 160kph. your Benz na scrap for you to compare it to hilux
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2014
Chibzee:
Easyyyyy were all just talking nwayolly,.....but u see man, i dont know about the weight of the car, but i can tell you that the car (hilux) in general is a pretty fast truck.
Now, i dont know how or on what basis you guys or you in this case qualify(s) a fast car because i can see you mentioning honda. Now all those Japanese cars a pretty fast but i dont see the sense in a car being fast to an extent that you feel the car slipping out of your control(flying things).
so before i open my mouth to say that a car is fast, it has got to have some stamina to go by or with. and thats what makes the benz stand out. i could go as fast as the car can go feeling all relaxed and in control, but trust me when i tell you that some things i do on my benz cant and shouldnt be tried on so many other so called fast cars.
well longly and shorty said i dusted the hilux, maybe you should try going against a sound hilux truck with a fast driver behind the wheels and see what i mean and make sure your not on a benz.

For the fact that u are beating ur chest that u outran a truck like the hilux shows a lot how crap ur so called Benz is, u should probably dash it out already. Maybe ubdont know that most hilux has a max speed of 160km/hr, that means u are already going beyond limit when u are on 150. Some newer ones have speedo up to 200km/hr but believe me it would take a very long stretch of road to get it to do 170 and rpm will be high.

If Toyota hilux is what u calk fast car, then Land cruiser Prado is a speed demon lol. My Honda accord v6 will chew that ur Benz.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 07, 2014
abatically:

For the fact that u are beating ur chest that u outran a truck like the hilux shows a lot how crap ur so called Benz is, u should probably dash it out already. Maybe ubdont know that most hilux has a max speed of 160km/hr, that means u are already going beyond limit when u are on 150. Some newer ones have speedo up to 200km/hr but believe me it would take a very long stretch of road to get it to do 170 and rpm will be high.

If Toyota hilux is what u calk fast car, then Land cruiser Prado is a speed demon lol. My Honda accord v6 will chew that ur Benz.

No mind dat guy man, him wan use 1984 technology compare with 2000 technology. I know benz of old were very slow at start up 0-62 run. Plus their weight and and their gear ratios.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2014
abatically:

Ahn ah...let's use my Honda Accord 07 4 cylinder manual transmission...v6 is too much

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:20am On Aug 07, 2014
lomomike:

No mind dat guy man, him wan use 1984 technology compare with 2000 technology. I know benz of old were very slow at start up 0-62 run. Plus their weight and and their gear ratios.
yea, they weren't really that fast in terms of acceleration, but the handling was on point,talking from experience. But it cannot keep up with today's cars... that's when you are not referring to the 500e,w124.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:29am On Aug 08, 2014
I came here to talk speed and cars and im only replying those who r here for the same cos some are obviously not here for it. i dont understand why some people cant talk softly. I must not be right but im just sharing my experience right...thats why we are here.
Now i can remember i correctly said it was a benz w124 230e against a toyota hilux which if u ask me is fair, i never said it was that same 230e against any other car in particular cos some cars are obviously faster.
so my point here...... the power of benz...and not the power of MB w124 230e. so for all of u talking about your accords and v6es, if i were to want to go against u, i would just upgrade a little bit in the ladder of benz, cos i agree that benz is not the fastest.....in as much as it is the best to go fast in.
But then.......Give me the MERCEDES BENZ W124 500E anytime and i might just surprise u.
One love.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 6:25am On Aug 08, 2014
^^^Ghen ghen grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Jacksolo4me(m): 10:43am On Aug 08, 2014
First of all...This thread would probably be the reason why my third daughter may not be born..... grin

Secondly....If your car is stock (not modified performance n suspension wise) and not European - Please stay below 180kph.(Yes!!!-Argue all you want)

Thirdly....Since my balls are probably smaller than my German shepherd's.

P.S: pic is not mine but of someones whose balls are bigger than my German shepherd's. -Bmw 135i(I hope I can do it someday)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.