Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,169 members, 7,807,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:05 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102837 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by marshalcarter: 7:50am On Sep 14, 2015
kingreign:

No go kill yourself, your CAMRY V6 is a fast car, even its 4 cylinder. Your driver might not have the urge or interest to speed unlike the drivers of the BMW and peugeot. Besides, the Camry will kill the peugeot in every ramification.

Bros J....m ready to bet ma last card....dem no born camry well....walahi...dis 1 dat m 101% sure
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 1:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
Its not about the car, its the driver. Everytime i zoom passed 2013 range rover, 2014 g66, 2013 bmw m3, bmw x6 with my small 1999 honda accord. Not because its better but cos i always hit full throttle. If u have sme1 agreed 2 race with u, den u ll know wat u both are capable of.
I remebered racing with mercedes s550 one night from lekki toll to ajah. I ll say i won. D car s capable of loosing me in few seconds but d driver is not. I plunged into evry last second windows, evry tight coners between cars thats how i beat him. So no arguing driver matters more.

If u have seen any matte black baby boy with red stripes along lekki axis thats me o. Bring ur window down and signal 2 me... we ll race. :p

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Sep 14, 2015
rainmaker12:
I remebered racing with mercedes s550 one night from lekki toll to ajah. I ll say i won. D car s capable of loosing me in few seconds but d driver is not. I plunged into evry last second windows, evry tight coners between cars thats how i beat him. So no arguing driver matters more.

Everything you've posted here is partly why people get killed regularly on Nigerian roads.

Weaving in and out of traffic isn't clever. It's plain madness.

3 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by banky3w(m): 5:15pm On Sep 14, 2015
Siena:

Everything you've posted here is partly why people get killed regularly on Nigerian roads.

Yes I agree with you on that but it's something every car enthusiasts has done one time or the other even you OGA siena. grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 5:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
banky3w:

Yes I agree with you on that but it's something every car enthusiasts has done one time or the other even you OGA signal. grin grin
I've not undecided
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 14, 2015
banky3w:

Yes I agree with you on that but it's something every car enthusiasts has done one time or the other even you OGA signal. grin grin

I don't drive like a maniac on public roads, in excess of the posted speed limits. I use either private roads, runways, or whenever I visit Germany, the sections of the Autobahn that are de-restricted.

Even in these places, I don't weave in and out of traffic. It's one of the major causes of RTA's. If I wish to drive like a hoon, I reserve these antics for track days in a controlled area.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by abatically(m): 10:45pm On Sep 14, 2015
marshalcarter:
What sort of nonsense is dis angry ...all dis peugeot nd bmw users u guys are really disgracin toyota users(not a fan of toyota sha grin)bet why?? I mean why

I nd ma frnd were just doin 120 on a camry sha cheesy..if you see the way dis BMW pass us eehundecided..the BMW was lyk''c'mon u ppl should get away from the road lemme unleash the dragon in me grin..@ 1st...ma frnd try to claim vin diesel but we didn't smell the perfume of the car.....den dis car with attitude(peugeot 406 v6) just pass us lyk''u guys stink''na dat tym me vex wan cum handle wheel...be4 we xchange...we don see the peugeot don go U-turn dey wave dey go

Ikenna 351....warn ya peugoet users never to pass us lyk dat nxt tym oo....adinor lyk it.....

Meanwhile i want to get a beamer nd I need advice on which series ashu take grin tnx

What model of Camry do u drive? Driver matters u know, and I don't think a Peugeot 406 i4/v6 is faster than a Camry i4/v6 of the same year. It depends on the driver. It is simply the belief of people driving European thinking their cars are always faster.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by marshalcarter: 6:05am On Sep 15, 2015
abatically:

What model of Camry do u drive? Driver matters u know, and I don't think a Peugeot 406 i4/v6 is faster than a Camry i4/v6 of the same year. It depends on the driver. It is simply the belief of people driving European thinking their cars are always faster.
But BMW crase pass camry
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 6:33am On Sep 15, 2015
marshalcarter:

But BMW crase pass camry
If na BMW 4 cylinder make I see as e cease reach CAMRY V6 except in corners.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 6:47am On Sep 15, 2015
Siena:

i dont drink, i only race between 12-2am, my motor is tokunbo grin, i see d nxt roundabout from every rounabout exit, its not done everytime....... im still looking for my possibilties
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 6:55am On Sep 15, 2015
Siena:

I don't drive like a maniac on public roads, in excess of the posted speed limits. I use either private roads, runways, or whenever I visit Germany, the sections of the Autobahn that are de-restricted.

Even in these places, I don't weave in and out of traffic. It's one of the major causes of RTA's. If I wish to drive like a hoon, I reserve these antics for track days in a controlled area.
Y una neva understand. Have u driven along ibadan express way arround 2:30am, even lekki here, If yes tell me y i ll be waiting until i see private track before i race....
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 7:01am On Sep 15, 2015
Person don dey drive jejeje for him low lane 40kmph, wen an unknown vehicle crashed out from opposite run way. Nobody should decieve himsef, riding at low speed 'ALWAYS' is accident proof. We neva know 'what happens next'...(discovery) grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2015
rainmaker12:

Y una neva understand. Have u driven along ibadan express way arround 2:30am, even lekki here, If yes tell me y i ll be waiting until i see private track before i race....
Imagine this scenario, you driving at 160-180km/h at night on a road having one o two potholes here and there without streetlights a broken down behicl or slow moving truck without rear reflectors, about 10 metres to the obstruction, you saw it , how would you react?
Please, don't be a nuisance to our roads.
Thanks.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 7:14am On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:

Imagine this scenario, you driving at 160-180km/h at night on a road having one o two potholes here and there without streetlights a broken down behicl or slow moving truck without rear reflectors, about 10 metres to the obstruction, you saw it , how would you react?
Please, don't be a nuisance to our roads.
Thanks.
I live arround an axis, i race arround where i live, where i live there are street lights. It is called lekki epe express.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 7:27am On Sep 15, 2015
rainmaker12:

I live arround an axis, i race arround where i live, where i live there are street lights. It is called lekki epe express.
you race, how about other pedestrians? Any consideration for them?
Have you heard of the word, speed limit?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Yongi99(m): 9:49am On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:
you race, how about other pedestrians? Any consideration for them?
Have you heard of the word, speed limit?
na wa o. He said he races btw 12-2am. Pedestrains ko? Ghosts ni?

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 9:54am On Sep 15, 2015
Yongi99:
na wa o. He said he races btw 12-2am. Pedestrains ko? Ghosts ni?
Don't be stüpid, there are people who walk back home at night. Have you not heard of people doing shifts such as medical personnel, security personnel, people just out of a journey that ended at midnight, homeless people, people closing businesses for the night, even sex workers, engineers working in a site where it is rather inconvenient to work at day time, night cab drivers?
Keep defending ïdiotic acts.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mastro: 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:

Don't be stüpid, there are people who walk back home at night. Have you not heard of people doing shifts such as medical personnel, security personnel, people just out of a journey that ended at midnight, homeless people, people closing businesses for the night, even sex workers, engineers working in a site where it is rather inconvenient to work at day time, night cab drivers?

Not to talk of broken-down vehicles and drunk drivers (a massive massive issue)
Still monkey see, monkey do...........
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by billy187(m): 6:59pm On Sep 15, 2015
I've followed this thread since day one and I must say, lots of nairalanders certainly have death wishes!! Anyways, mine:
Audi RS 7, 185mph, Autobahn.....

Ha!! Just kidding! In all my years of driving....my fastest speed is ***drum roll***
150kmph...In my old Ford Focus wagon- on some motorway in Ghana- but never again...the car could do more but naa...I prefer topping out at 110-120kmph.

Yeah, I'm that annoying guy in the outer lane you race junkies almost rear end every now and then...grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 8:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
kingreign:

4 lane and u r talking about walking pedestrian on a high way at night, how many times u don see pple treck for main road. 5 out of 100. Cab driver parks at d bustop or drive slowly on the low lane. The remaining lane na for who? High lane na 4 who? Abi if cab driver or bus dey drive 4 night other pple no go drive again. Even if person dey stupid or cashless enough to treck on a highway, dey have were dey walk not middle of d road..... 2am person dey treck..lol...u sure say na person or na ghost u dey see.. grin

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 9:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
mastro:

Not to talk of broken-down vehicles and drunk drivers (a massive massive issue)
Still monkey see, monkey do...........
2am, pedestrian walking or driving... drunk or active....sleeping or awake, broken down car or moving car.... there are far less 'human' on the road. Those factors are way out. U shud b worried about pple dat drink and drive. Pple dat loose concentration wen driving. Not a wide open eyed man tryna open full throttle
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kingreign(m): 10:25pm On Sep 15, 2015
rainmaker12:

4 lane and u r talking about walking pedestrian on a high way at night, how many times u don see pple treck for main road. 5 out of 100. Cab driver parks at d bustop or drive slowly on the low lane. The remaining lane na for who? High lane na 4 who? Abi if cab driver or bus dey drive 4 night other pple no go drive again. Even if person dey stupid or cashless enough to treck on a highway, dey have were dey walk not middle of d road..... 2am person dey treck..lol...u sure say na person or na ghost u dey see.. grin
Keep justifying evil... I wish nl was remotely monitored as its done in China n Russia, then you won't even think of justifying this disaster in the making.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by enitiObanke(m): 5:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
This happened less than 1hr ago. Left NNPC Super Mega station around gwarinpa Abuja at abt 4.10pm,....on my to sokoto. Am held up in traffic in Kaduna, b4 Mando, 5.45pm,....got to Kaduna ard 5.25pm. Took this snap shot abt 30km to Kaduna on d Kaduna - Abuja express.....

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 16, 2015
rainmaker12:
Its not about the car, its the driver. Everytime i zoom passed 2013 range rover, 2014 g66, 2013 bmw m3, bmw x6 with my small 1999 honda accord. Not because its better but cos i always hit full throttle. If u have sme1 agreed 2 race with u, den u ll know wat u both are capable of.

If u have seen any matte black baby boy with red stripes along lekki axis thats me o. Bring ur window down and signal 2 me... we ll race. :p

he wasn't racing you though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXT3muhuek0

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 16, 2015
marshalcarter:

Na 5series oooooo.....just pass us lyk''gerrouta the way'' na the 406 own con vex me pass

Aswear I must buy dos 2 carsundecided
the beginning of consciousness...when you see that badge!!!...u begin to think ur car is reversing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by enitiObanke(m): 1:24am On Sep 17, 2015
enitiObanke:
This happened less than 1hr ago. Left NNPC Super Mega station around gwarinpa Abuja at abt 4.10pm,....on my to sokoto. Am held up in traffic in Kaduna, b4 Mando, 5.45pm,....got to Kaduna ard 5.25pm. Took this snap shot abt 30km to Kaduna on d Kaduna - Abuja express.....

.....this isn't my fastest oh. I have clocked 185km/hr (I should have a pix of that sonewhere) and 190km/hr in this Benz 190E,.....and 175km/hr in a Nissan Primera GT hatch back (sports trim).
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by marshalcarter: 6:10am On Sep 17, 2015
gmyguy:
the beginning of consciousness...when you see that badge!!!...u begin to think ur car is reversing
GBAM!!!!! You don get am cheesy
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by youngice(m): 9:48am On Sep 17, 2015
nlders be posting there fantasies here , I laughed in Swiss, Highest speed I've done is 160km/hr
By exactly 12:45am on between chevron and igbo-efon that's along lekki-epe express way , it was Nissan teana 2014,
Please all of you that take pictures of your speedometer at above 120km/hr
How da fuq do you do it
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Yongi99(m): 12:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
youngice:
How da fuq do you do it
guy it's not safe oh, i have done a video/photo at ~120km/hr wasn't cool sha. either you have someone take it for you, or you use GPS speedometer.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
gmyguy:

he wasn't racing you though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXT3muhuek0
From lekki toll to ajah, u wont know wen sme1 is racin u or not?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by rainmaker12(m): 5:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
Yongi99:
guy it's not safe oh, i have done a video/photo at ~120km/hr wasn't cool sha. either you have someone take it for you, or you use GPS speedometer.
Very unsafe...but tactical. I recorded a video arround dat speed. Scrol up to see wink
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by enitiObanke(m): 3:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
youngice:
nlders be posting there fantasies here , I laughed in Swiss, Highest speed I've done is 160km/hr
By exactly 12:45am on between chevron and igbo-efon that's along lekki-epe express way , it was Nissan teana 2014,
How da fuq do you do it

Are you a learner ni?
I think it depends on the stability of your ride at top speeds, the condition of the road (pot holes, bends, etc), and lastly, it also depends on courage/threshold for risk.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.