Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,676 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? (102855 Views)

Has Anyone Driven An Innoson??? / Whats D Longest time U ve Driven Ur Car Without A Trip To Mechanic / Have You Ever Driven With Google Maps In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 26, 2012
Pegeot 406,165km/hr
That car handles perfectly well,i cud have gone Faster though but i wasn't in a hurry grin
Drove from 2nd artillery to silverbird PH,happened during the fuel subsidy strike,it took me less than 6mins
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bidexolumanish(m): 1:01am On Jul 26, 2012
150 in a 505 along muritala muhammed high way calabar
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 1:06am On Jul 26, 2012
Emperoh:

Lol! Wasn't me your were chasing oh.
The Avalon can do up to 220km. . . . at 200, the drift u stated started and then i started perceiving some burn
smell likely coming from the tires.

Guess who i was racing with? 2011 Hyundai Elantra and a Range Supercharged just strolled past us like it was nothing grin shocked grin
really, 2011 elantra, so those things go that fast. I'm sure u caught up anyways.
Yea, ur avalon is limited to 209kmph,max speed is 220kmph.
Mine is limited to 214kmph,maximum speed is 250kmph so i'm sure i got the avalon up there cos he tried to follow me but eased off...The maxima totally dissapeared from the picture.
Lolz@the supercharger, a beast from hell
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Emperoh(m): 1:13am On Jul 26, 2012
yungboss:
really, 2011 elantra, so those things go that fast. I'm sure u caught up anyways.
Yea, ur avalon is limited to 209kmph,max speed is 220kmph.
Mine is limited to 214kmph,maximum speed is 250kmph so i'm sure i got the avalon up there cos he tried to follow me but eased off...The maxima totally dissapeared from the picture.
Lolz@the supercharger, a beast from hell

Lol!
The next trip i am down down East is with a 2000 Chevy 3500
I will hope my speed maniac self returns. I intend seeing the limit.
Ever tried the 2006 Avalon?

My partner says he did 220 on it on the same road stretch.
What's the limit since it does up to 260 km/h
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mafioso47(m): 1:22am On Jul 26, 2012
First : 50Km/h on foot Trecking from Agege to Ikeja (with Factory Fitted AC Shoes)
4econd : 250km/h with a Mack Truck on Lagos - Ibadan Express ;DFirst : 50Km/h on foot Trecking from Agege to Ikeja (with Factory Fitted AC Shoes)
4econd : 250km/h with a Mack Truck on Lagos - Ibadan Express

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 1:33am On Jul 26, 2012
Shaw007: oMg sEriously!!? U guys did ur home work with all dose specifications. . .i'm not much of the car genius but i knw well 2 knw wat d Bmw can do right after dose guys really came in2 d market i think in d '90s as some has posted but '95 '98. . .'06 m5's(oh and no google needed friend) even punch cud av done dat pls!!! But i still argue dat i respect d asians even thouhg they av stability issues but i dont think they do with speed. . .and guys i wud like 2 ask. . .is an average benz more stable dan a BMW. . .i'm just asking,i need answers pls??(i hope d guy dat called me d slow poke sees this. . .and how fast are u anyways,dude?)
brov, no one meant quarell here you know, it was cos of the way you presented your comment earlier...
BMW vs Benz...hmmm. bmw will eat a mercedes up in the area of stability and balance, you really cant compare both, they are different in that area. Bmws are much more superior in terms of handling,better suspension and steering feedback. Around corners they perform better than almost all cars (apart from some of the porshe and maybe those high end eurocars: lambo,ferrari etc) on the road you see today.
A '01 toyota camry V6 tried following me, around a bend on the ughelli express (that axis),delta state. He kept up nicely with me at 150km/h, i was impressed, a fairly sharp curve. As soon as we came out the curve, i was getting ready for a little show but the driver just let off on the throttle immediately,way below 140/150...i guess he realized he made a mistake trying to following me,probabaly thinking to himself that it was dangerous thing he had done. Well we didnt race,we just continued normal driving.
You'r drivng one of the most powerful cars in the world bro, thumbs up
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by mayoroflag(m): 2:20am On Jul 26, 2012
In 2005-6
Silverbed Abuja opp Sheraton
Used to race up 2 170km/hr every Sunday morning 2 hit Church 4 6.00am

July 2006
Stayed a solid 170km/hr going 180 but was frustrated by up 2 15 checkpoints between Lagos to Abuja cos I was travelling alone...

The Car? Honda Halla 1991, Manual
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 2:40am On Jul 26, 2012
Emperoh:

Lol!
The next trip i am down down East is with a 2000 Chevy 3500
I will hope my speed maniac self returns. I intend seeing the limit.
Ever tried the 2006 Avalon?

My partner says he did 220 on it on the same road stretch.
What's the limit since it does up to 260 km/h
could find maximum speed for the '06 avalon, but someone said it could go a tad beyond 135mph (about 217km/h)...that thing is fast, the most powerful engine in a toyota sedan...
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by shaina123: 4:38am On Jul 26, 2012
90 mph(140 km per hr)......I was driving 2005 Hyundai Elantra on US I-20 from Dallas,TX to Lubbock,TX
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Shaw007(m): 6:44am On Jul 26, 2012
yungboss:
brov, no one meant quarell here you know, it was cos of the way you presented your comment earlier...
BMW vs Benz...hmmm. bmw will eat a mercedes up in the area of stability and balance, you really cant compare both, they are different in that area. Bmws are much more superior in terms of handling,better suspension and steering feedback. Around corners they perform better than almost all cars (apart from some of the porshe and maybe those high end eurocars: lambo,ferrari etc) on the road you see today.
A '01 toyota camry V6 tried following me, around a bend on the ughelli express (that axis),delta state. He kept up nicely with me at 150km/h, i was impressed, a fairly sharp curve. As soon as we came out the curve, i was getting ready for a little show but the driver just let off on the throttle immediately,way below 140/150...i guess he realized he made a mistake trying to following me,probabaly thinking to himself that it was dangerous thing he had done. Well we didnt race,we just continued normal driving.
w0w,thanks. . .i asked because there was dis time i was travellin' with someone hez one of d old fashined papas so there wasnt much speed.i cud av bet i only saw up 2 70.so this benz sped right past we were going 2 ibadan 4rm lagos and we were at one of those sharp corners the benz didnt slow down and just swerved on thru d bend immediately,it got on on d two side wheels and d right side of d car was in airmwe all thought that was it 4 d car,but 2 our surprise it accumulated up to 2secs in air got back its balance and started moving on. . .oh and about d M5 tin,i'm nt sure they sell them here.and if they did i wudnt know,i didnt really know what i wanted but i had my uncle get a nice fast car 4 me which isnt a sport car.i ended up with this.and if u wanna get it i think d best way if u dont av anyone 2 help is 2 just order 4 it,but beware of ur source 2 make sure its legitimate. . .thanks bR0v.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by DonId(m): 8:01am On Jul 26, 2012
[b]Dont know about other cars though, the highest I have made on wheels is 240km/hr on Warri-Benin Expressway with my Audi A4 (quattro), 1.8 turbo engine.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by kaymaxsoluxions(m): 9:03am On Jul 26, 2012
Last month, I covered Lagos to Warri in 4hrs with a Nissan Maxima @ 150km/hr maximum. Thats my highest so far..
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 10:27am On Jul 26, 2012
DonId: [b]Dont know about other cars though, the highest I have made on wheels is 240km/hr on Warri-Benin Expressway with my Audi A4 (quattro), 1.8 turbo engine.
240km/h, i know that car's maximum is 260km/h unlimited, i'm not sure it can reach 240, not because it's not capable but almost all car manufacturers consider safety when sending these cars to the market. That car has around 222 or 233km/h factory limited...what year is your car?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by TopeFl(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2012
No be only cars dey na...My own is 299km/hr- 2005 Yamaha R1, daytime from Tampa to St. Petersburg over the Howard Frankland bridge.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by PowerDeals(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2012
I did 195km/h on third mainland bridge coming from island during the strike and mostly while travelling I always do 180km/h with my 1997 Range Rover 4.6HSE
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 11:39am On Jul 26, 2012
mikeywise: ANY PERSON COMING HERE TO SAY HE/SHE DID 150K PLUS ON ENUGU-OKIGWE OR ENUGU PORTHERCOURT ROAD IS JUST TRYING TO DRAW ATTENTION. shocked, ONE CAN HARDLY DO 100K ON THAT ROAD BECAUSE THAT ROAD IS A DEATH TRAP. GETTING TO ENUGU FROM OKIGWE ON THAT ROAD IN 15MINS, NA FORMULAR 1? undecided

grin grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Damibanti: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2012
A friend of mine did 222km/hr on 3rd mainland last month.V8 Mecedez Benz E-class 2004 model.Thinking of getting a German car soon.It felt so good.

1 Like

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by baron2000(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
160 on third mainland bridge at 1am.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by zamirikpo(m): 1:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
My pops does 100kmph,nd has warnd us beyond dis speed'bt wen I got into mumsi's new spider(camry07) on asaba -Benin express way I felt like a king,one eod was try to pull swags for me,he was goin really fast,frm my reckong a really gud driver bt d car was too new nd my confidence was way too high, I did 180kmph,pep hu knw dat road knw dat thers an area dat just slopes steeply nd flattens almost imediately,in dat speed I got to dat spot,I culdnt swarve so in I went,beliv me am sure d front tires left d ground temporarily,it shook me to my marrows,I jejely slowed down nd allowed d omoboy pass,bfor I bash a car I can't afford.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by iykeG(m): 3:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Honda is more a race car than Toyota. I drove my 97 accord "bull dog" in that road @ 180km/hr and the car was willing to go beyond that when a 2003 Toyota corolla "bank type" was trying to pull a stunt. I was like a mad man on the road that day because I wouldn't let go. I was still able feel my steering and those curve where moi moi with a little release of the leg from the gas pedal . I believe that car sha.

zamirikpo: My pops does 100kmph,nd has warnd us beyond dis speed'bt wen I got into mumsi's new spider(camry07) on asaba -Benin express way I felt like a king,one eod was try to pull swags for me,he was goin really fast,frm my reckong a really gud driver bt d car was too new nd my confidence was way too high, I did 180kmph,pep hu knw dat road knw dat thers an area dat just slopes steeply nd flattens almost imediately,in dat speed I got to dat spot,I culdnt swarve so in I went,beliv me am sure d front tires left d ground temporarily,it shook me to my marrows,I jejely slowed down nd allowed d omoboy pass,bfor I bash a car I can't afford.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by bharseeth(m): 5:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
160km+ on the regular, egbeda-ojo, midtown lagos. Car- a 7 yr old honda accord (bullet) manual trans. I go higher when on an interstate road. Last i did was 190, berger(lagos)-ijebu ode.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by montili(f): 5:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
Ken_Jak: Guys! You've not really broken record at all,well,for me, it was 320km/h, I was driving a jeep made by myself travelling from nigeria to heaven though I'm back now!
Glory be to God.

Guy na wa 4 u o. Couldn't stop myself from laughing till i fell and bumped my head. Who no likw LIFE.

2 Likes

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by t3ky(m): 10:02pm On Jul 26, 2012
venue:lag-ibd exp way justb4 ibafo from the lag end.
time:2008
car:primera 1.6L[94model]
max speed:140km/h in 200km max speedometer car
occupants: l, wife and kid
reason for clocking 140km ; the road b4 redemption camp has just been widened and silky smooth and the temptation was 2 much.
my wife was not aware i clocked140.
conclusion : will not do it again?
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by t3ky(m): 10:40pm On Jul 26, 2012
sentix: Make una continue dey run ooo
the first car 120kph. the second car 80kph . going by the extent of damage.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by madprof(m): 9:25am On Jul 27, 2012
Damibanti: A friend of mine did 222km/hr on 3rd mainland last month.V8 Mecedez Benz E-class 2004 model.Thinking of getting a German car soon.It felt so good.

Your photo may reflect that you truly travelled at that speed but how do we know you didn't just jack up the wheels, engage the gear and throttle up to that speed? It would require some concentration from someone other than the driver to focus a camera and take that picture - circumstances you can hardly manage @ 222km/hr. Anyway you did say your friend was driving, which suggests you took the picture, which begs the question: why were you without a seatbelt at 222km/hr? Or any speed for that matter?
All in all it's still do-able sha.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
madprof:

Your photo may reflect that you truly travelled at that speed but how do we know you didn't just jack up the wheels, engage the gear and throttle up to that speed? It would require some concentration from someone other than the driver to focus a camera and take that picture - circumstances you can hardly manage @ 222km/hr. Anyway you did say your friend was driving, which suggests you took the picture, which begs the question: why were you without a seatbelt at 222km/hr? Or any speed for that matter?
its possible even with the seatbelt, its not like a huge task, its somethng of less than 5/6 secs of concentration by the passenger, i had someone do it for me then, in my previous merc...though nothing too much at 160. Was comparing something about the RPM vs the car at that speed.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by iKoksi(m): 6:04am On Jul 28, 2012
dino escobar: July 22, 2011 was travelling to abuja from calabar, I and my boss who is a speed freak drove his new infinty 2007 fx35 jeep. He drove from calabar to ogoja we left at about 6.30am by 9 we were in ogoja. I took over d wheels from ogoja, I remember overtaking 2 trucks and 3cars on lafia- lokoja road @230km/hr. I was scared shitless and d car was still gingering to fly.
My boss only said that was ђat d car was built for na. I never pass 160km anymore. This life na one.

that road's too bad for that my broda. I made a very huge mistake taking dat road Abuja - Uyo Dec '11. After Gboko u sure cannot do more than 100Km/hr on any type of vehicle.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by iKoksi(m): 6:11am On Jul 28, 2012
madprof:

correct. also even if u jack up the wheels of a car, engage gear its impossible to rev d car up to 222km/hr. the engine will over-rev, since there's no load on it (i.e. tyre's not on ground). a safety trip shd cut out fuel supply to d engine!
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Diplenty(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2012
170km/hr, brand new cherry Eastar 2.4 - Benin bypass 2008 . Was on my way to Warri from Lagos & was running late @6pm,contemplating safety of the bypass when I saw a convoy of soldiers/customs/police taking the road...just jumped the bullet and followed @ breakneck speed grin
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Trac: 5:50am On Jul 30, 2012
yungboss:

Explain! It is people like you promoting what's unreal. Nothing you said made sense. Almost everything you wrote is incorrect (save for your last paragraph). You've also been deceived greatly by propaganda marketing and mushy opinions.
Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 30, 2012
Toyota Camry Se 07/08 hit about 200km/hr but I averaged at about 170km/hr for the journey.
Kaduna-abuja dual carriage road.

Re: Fastest Speed You Have Ever Driven: Car, Place, Time? by yungboss(m): 5:37pm On Jul 30, 2012
Trac:

Explain! It is people like you promoting what's unreal. Nothing you said made sense. Almost everything you wrote is incorrect (save for your last paragraph). You've also been deceived greatly by propaganda marketing and mushy opinions.
here comes trac the mercedes fan ok for ur info, i used a merc c class for over a year, a c220 which i sold...so you dont need to tell me about making sense or not. I'm a huge fan of mercedes, eventhough bmw drives better... i shared a toyota camry 2.2 with my cousin back then in 2009...i used the word 'probably' at different points in my comment, so i dont really understand what you talking about. whats your grouse really cos your comments are too vague to be understood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

What Are The Functions Of The 'd', 'd3', 'd2' And 'd1' Of Automatic Cars / A Lady Drove This Killer Machine Today And Got Everyone Talking (Pic) / Ferrari F50 Abandoned In Ibadan (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.