Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: (18676 Views)

13 Facts About The Late James Ocholi / Meet Hon. Abiodun Faleke, The Running Mate Of The Late Abubakar Audu / The Late Diepreye Alamieyeseigha: Biography, Life,history, And Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by publisher(m): 4:01am On Jul 25, 2012
Pres. Attah Mills Was Coming To Beg GEJ?

President John Atta Mills died a couple of hours after informing the Ghanaian parliament on his planned visit to Nigeria later in the day.

My thoughts are:
Was Attah Mills coming over to 'beg' Jonathan? Considering the subtle diplomatic strains & rivalry both nations are tackling bothering on the eviction and closure of some Nigeria businesses in Ghana.
OR Maybe he was coming over to see TB Joshua.

What if the late Ghanaian president actually made his Nigerian trip and slumped into his death,perhaps inside Aso rock, what would have happened?

Your thoughts!
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Acidosis(m): 5:19am On Jul 25, 2012
But atleast he died in a military hospital in Ghana. But even if he died in Nigeria, nothing would have happened.
That wouldn't be a big deal! Stella Obasanjo died in a foreign land. . So what. .?

At it been Yaradua died abroad. . . . .

1 Like

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Chanchit: 6:00am On Jul 25, 2012
Na God save us o, cos if he die for nigeria, bbc, cnn, aljazera and even ghanians will give a new meaning to the name NIGERIA, so e good as he stay for house die...
I heard his intended visit was to come and see prophet T.B Joshua, mehn God jst save T.B, cos if d man die for him doormot, NLders go take mouth burn synagogue...

7 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Soocool1(m): 7:28am On Jul 25, 2012
They would assume the worst!
Not that i even care
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by jamil2(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2012
OP what do you think is going to happen? Any idea pls.
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by klas(m): 7:30am On Jul 25, 2012
Since the president only need to inform the parliament if he is going on leave not when he is going on state visits, I think he was coming to see T.B. Joshua not GEJ.

I learnt he was a member of the synagogue
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 25, 2012
Thank God he dint make the trip to Nigeria... It would have been a disaster Btw Nigeria and Ghana... The two countries are not in good terms at all... But y should they be?? When 1 Ghana cedi, is equal to ₦83.
WHAT A FAILED STATE WE CALL NIGERIA... All those our Leaders should be tied to the Stake and Burnt to Nothin...

5 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by size38: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2012
My brother, nothing for happen ooo. But thankGod him no die for naija. because my problem no be wetin BBC, CNN, AL JAZEERA or any other person go talk, but wetin we nigerians go use our own mouth talk. We go begin accuse GEJ and PDP of killing Ghana president.

2 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by RichDad1(m): 7:32am On Jul 25, 2012
Nothing will happen because it is a known fact that the man is ill.The Autopsy should be able to clear us of any wrong doing grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Euroclydon(m): 7:34am On Jul 25, 2012
hmmn...there is a lot to ponder on from the death of this man. He just informed the Ghanian Parliarment of his visit to Nigeria before he died. Question is: was he coming on a peace mission or not? was he a pro Nigerian or anti- Nigerian? is he on thesame page with his deputy dat was sworn-in as President,concerning issues relating to Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by size38: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2012
My brother, nothing for happen ooo. But thankGod him no die for naija. because my problem no be wetin BBC, CNN, AL JAZEERA or any other person go talk, but wetin we nigerians go use our own mouth talk. We go begin accuse GEJ and PDP of killing Ghana president. After all Yar' Adua died in foreign land of saudi Arabia few weeks after he was flown out for treatment

2 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2012
nutin would happen. just send them back the corpse make dem bury, i dont fear Ghanians but i fear my fellow Nigerians cause of dem mouth
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 25, 2012
Is there any need to talk about this?
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by sunkoye: 7:37am On Jul 25, 2012
noting go happen!

1 Like

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by mrperfect(m): 7:38am On Jul 25, 2012
That wouldn't have made any different.
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by trimwis: 7:41am On Jul 25, 2012
He would have not died TB JOSHUA would have prayed for him. But some of his cabinet members are happy of his death. The racist tribe in Ghana ASHANTIS are not happy for northerner HAUSA to rule Ghana. i see BOKO HARAM in Ghana

1 Like

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by miky(m): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2012
what the hell, he died of throat cancer not gun shot wound..think people
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by sunkoye: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2012
Bimfo: Thank God he dint make the trip to Nigeria... It would have been a disaster Btw Nigeria and Ghana... The two countries are not in good terms at all... But y should they be?? When 1 Ghana cedi, is equal to ₦83.
WHAT A FAILED STATE WE CALL NIGERIA... All those our Leaders should be tied to the Stake and Burnt to Nothin...
half education can kill oo and very fast. the last time i checked, the cost of fuel per liter was on average 1.65 ghana cedis. simple calculation noni!

2 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by crackhouse(m): 7:42am On Jul 25, 2012
I would have said that Gej used him for money ritual. Or he was poisoned by Nigeria Govt to revenge his act of hostility meted out on Nigerians living in his country.
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 25, 2012
Just like when he won his election the first thing he did was to go and see his pastor TB Joshua, also when he wasn't feeling too well maybe he was planning to come and see him again...ayya too bad he wasn't there to save him!
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by zangiff(m): 7:43am On Jul 25, 2012
World no go end na
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Tolexander: 7:43am On Jul 25, 2012
Bimfo: Thank God he dint make the trip to Nigeria... It would have been a disaster Btw Nigeria and Ghana... The two countries are not in good terms at all... But y should they be?? When 1 Ghana cedi, is equal to ₦83.
common! Beta dont talk about wat u dont know. So far 1cedi is equal to #83 means wat? Consider the value of bread price in ghana and in nigeria, and let us see which 1 you will prefer
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Etumgbe(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2012
They for say na boko haram kill am
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Murphy7h4: 7:45am On Jul 25, 2012
Look good
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by PaulJohn1: 7:46am On Jul 25, 2012

What Ghana did is called re-decimalization of their currency by cancelling 2-3 zeros(0) from it. That doesn't change the value of the currency. Last time I went to Ghana, I understood it better. The 1 Ghana cedi you're comparing with N83 has totally different value. What you can buy with that 1 Ghana cedi is not close to what you can buy withN83. If Nigeria also re-decimalize her currency, does that changes the value? It's not

4 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by tonyx4x44(m): 7:46am On Jul 25, 2012
I
Soo_cool: They would assume the worst!
Not that i even care
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by charlsecy4(m): 7:47am On Jul 25, 2012
If he had died in Nigeria, autopsy would have revealed the cause. However, even if the autopsy revealed that he died of natural causes, it could still have fueled bad blood between both countries.

Bimfo: The two countries are not in good terms at all... But y should they be?? When 1 Ghana cedi, is equal to ₦83.

I think you should be better informed. The new Ghana Cedi was introduced on 1 July 2007 at a rate equal to 10,000 old Cedis. That's redenomination for you. So, in effect, 10,000 old Cedis is equal to N83, based on your assessment.
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Rhino5dm: 7:50am On Jul 25, 2012
We would have toss the carcass of his hungry looking body into Atlantic ocean. ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Invade that glorify village called Gayna should any of the evolving apes questioned his death . . . .is it my fault that they allow their president stay without food?

3 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Tolexander: 7:52am On Jul 25, 2012
If it was goin to be a state visit, our government would have been informed prior to the visitation. As at the time he died till naw, i haven't heard nigerian government talking about his proposed visit to nigeria. The man already had an ailment he was battling wit. I supposed he was coming for a health related issue perhaps to see prophet TB Joshua. If he died in nigeria, nothing would happen, they will just come to carry his corpse.
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by titomuy(m): 7:54am On Jul 25, 2012
nontin go happen jare............. shocked[color=#000099][/color]
Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Tonex(m): 7:55am On Jul 25, 2012
@charisecy4: Thank u for explaining the currency thing to the earlier poster. Some people are not well informed and just criticise for no cogent reason

2 Likes

Re: If The Late Ghanaian President Died In Nigeria: by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 25, 2012
Probably he was coming to nigeria to see TB Joshua for divine healing.but unfortunately he died and didn't make it.SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sack Buhari, He Is Not Qualified As Petroleum Minister, Agbakoba Tells Court / The Multi Billion Naira Ilorin Central Mosque,is it necessary? / Army Sacked Officers For Not Helping APC - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.