Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:19 PM

The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: (3054 Views)

Ezekwesili Or Soludo Likely To Be CBN Governor, To Replace Emefiele - Guardian / Allison Madueke Establishes The Union Newspaper; To Pay Reporters N250,000 / How Much Does It Take To Advertise On Guardian Or This Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by seguno2: 2:25pm On Dec 11, 2007
Does anyone know if they settled their workers' grievances, those who labour so hard to make the paper a worthwhile read daily
Anyway, naija na for show- do as I say not as I do.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by eruobodo: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2007
It is so pathetic that mightly guardian could go off teh stands. I wish such is not repeated in future , well, wishes aren't horses for everyone to ride!
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by blueband(m): 3:07pm On Dec 11, 2007
I think we are beginning to see the end of The Guardian
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 11, 2007
bla
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by mababe(f): 3:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
This should serve as an opportunity for other newspaper houses to show their skills or rather improve on their services to attract patronage
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by choco4life(m): 3:37pm On Dec 11, 2007
Na Naija now abi you don forget?

Anything goes.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by Angelgirl(f): 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2007
The Paper is not even as rich as it was before, From what i heard their staff requested for 50% salary increase, after series of meetings with Labour, Guardian settled for 20% or 25% (am not sure, correct me if am wrong) the workers refused and continued their strike, Guardian dissolved all contracts with the workers and used a whole month reorganise and called on workers are still interested to work to kind of re-apply.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by deor03(m): 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2007
that's not fair, i think we should effect the issue of minimum wage nationwide like they do in the uk
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by MasterUwem(m): 3:59pm On Dec 11, 2007
u mean guardian are on break for almost 2 months
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by ndubest(m): 4:53pm On Dec 11, 2007
, am glad that Th Guardian Newspaper is back on the stand
Imagine the fate of millions of jobless graduates who look upto gurdian on tuesdays and thursdays for solace
whatever is the problem with the workers i hope it has been resolved finally

the mgt talked about their new strategy, i hope that will take effect sooner than later

more kudos to Guardain for emerging the newspaper of the year
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by IykeD1(m): 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2007

The Paper is not even as rich as it was before, From what i heard their staff requested for 50% salary
increase, after series of meetings with Labour, Guardian settled for 20% or 25% (am not sure, correct
me if am wrong) the workers refused and continued their strike, Guardian dissolved all contracts with
the workers and used a whole month reorganise and called on workers are still interested to work to
kind of re-apply.

50% hike in salary across the board? Which employer wouldn't capitulate on that? In any case, its
good the labor issue is now resolved. As far as image goes, the Ibru Organization has one of the
best in Nigeria and it wouldn't have been nice having NLC picketing their businesses. The people
at the Guardian love to do this thing every few years, so I guess we are good for another 3 years
or so until the next strike!
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by BlackMamba(m): 10:38pm On Dec 11, 2007
Do they still print yesterday news as current news in their tired effort to be detailed? In this age of internet, I hope they've stopped shipping stale news, or they should rather change to a weekly news magazines.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by Nobody: 11:08pm On Dec 11, 2007
ara nkan ta so ni yen, force force. when r we going to learn that there an alternative to force.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by Ndipe(m): 3:48am On Dec 12, 2007
Come, is Vanguard still around? As for Guardian, to me, it was not really that big of a deal
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by VIPICO(m): 9:39am On Dec 12, 2007
[/quote]The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: [quote]

Naija!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by seguno2: 10:13am On Dec 12, 2007
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by TARLOY(m): 11:36am On Dec 12, 2007
realy am missing guardian newspaper.
and am sure lots of job seekers will also miss
them too.

i pray they will come back.
and please all those that work with
guardian that normaly realise info(vacancies)
from office b4 its been published shld stop.
that if the magt call u back.
u know ur yourself
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by uchetobi(f): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2007
Sometimes dis workers don’t even have a say but have to obey the biddings of their union leaders
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by babaife(m): 7:39pm On Dec 13, 2007
@ postors,
i read your comments on the labour issue in guardian but was unhappy. in a contract of employment, employees dont dictate the conditions as they CANNOT MAKE offers, rather the employers. An employee can EITHER ACCEPT what is tabled before him OR resign!.

but in this country, we try to do things the other way. the mgt of the coy has been magnanimous enough to increase the salary, but the employees or staff union cannot mandate the mgt to pay beyond its break even point.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by degbads(m): 8:19am On Dec 14, 2007
ndubest:

, am glad that Th Guardian Newspaper is back on the stand
Imagine the fate of millions of jobless graduates who look upto gurdian on tuesdays and thursdays for solace
whatever is the problem with the workers i hope it has been resolved finally

the mgt talked about their new strategy, i hope that will take effect sooner than later

more kudos to Guardain for emerging the newspaper of the year

You make it sound like the guardian was actually responsible for those vacancies/jobs. If they ceased to exist we'd probably be looking forward to a monday vanguard, or a wednesday punch or even a friday PM news. its got nothing to do with the guardian besides i think its some sort of a Paradox that a company which cannot sort out its differences with its staff members is responsible for advertising vacancies. wink
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by rotimy(m): 3:28pm On Dec 19, 2007
So happy for the flagship to be back and I salute the workers for fighting for their rights.
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by nigboy(m): 2:45pm On Dec 23, 2007
It is normaly! It is no more news for one to go to strike. it is now a normal norm in Nigeria. If your boss is not paying you well, the you look for way to make him appreciate your value
Re: The Guardian Newspaper Is Back, But: by GeorgeD1(m): 9:39am On Jul 08, 2009
best paper in nigeria so far

(1) (Reply)

How To Obtain Loan Online In Nigeria With Alat App / What Is The Meaning Of Akube?! / Extremely Rugged & Mobile Lithium- Ion Power Generator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.