Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,344 members, 7,808,210 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:46 AM

Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey (7292 Views)

Keshi Got Carried Away By AFCON Success - Taribo West / ‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / Taribo To Osaze: Shut-up & Focus On Your Career (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by mukina2: 11:19am On Jul 25, 2012
Scammer poses as his brother

A fraudster posing as a Nigerian businessman and calling himself, West Oftym, has attempted to defraud Kanu Nwankwo’s troubled English club, Portsmouth.

In a letter sent to Pompey which was filled with fictitious information Oftym claimed he may be able to help solve the club’s financial problems and save the English side from dropping out of existence. As is usual with such mails, known as Yahoo Yahoo in Nigerian local parlance, the sender also asked for Pompey’s personal details.

Dear Hello Sir,

I am West Oftym, brother of Taribo West, the very excellent one-time player from Nigeria and Milan. I have been in several meetings and have concluded that we would be liking to buy the Pompeymouth Football Club of Portspey.

We are backed by the Hong Kongolese People's National Bank and would like to be paying 16 Million Pounds for the club and helping make it back to the top like it were when the most gifted Nigerians like John Utaka and Nwankwo Kanu were making it famous.

Our plan is to invest the club and make Fat One Park awesome. We have players in Nigeria with their own boots and fine skills who will play for petrol and a British wife. It will be a most beneficial arrangement.

This email has been sent to you because we found your email on our list of good people who can help.

For more details and for us to be pay you the 16 million pounds purchase price please contact Mr. West Oftym of Hong Kongolese People's National Bank PLC. Please send the below information:

FULL NAME:

PHONE NUMBER:

YOUR OCCUPATION:

YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS:

My Email: west_oftym@ymail.com

Making the world a better place.

Mr West Oftym

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/football-golf-boxing/55076-yahoo-yahoo-fake-taribo-wants-to-defraud-pompey.html#.UA_BNDA605A.twitter
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Decryptor(m): 11:37am On Jul 25, 2012
I wonder why this jobless boys will not think before trying to scam another. Put yourself in your victim's shoes before you attempt to defraud him. Why would Pompey officials give audience to a loser like him? If he were truly Taribo's brother, he would present himself in person for that kind of arrangment rather than send a "pathetic" email message. Another cheap and detectable scam!

1 Like

Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Booty4me: 11:38am On Jul 25, 2012
op Nice foRMAT....
what about the folow ups?

2 Likes

Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by sayso: 11:40am On Jul 25, 2012
but whats up with the grammar in the letter?
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by BabaEleko(m): 11:42am On Jul 25, 2012
Please, the follow ups.

1 Like

Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by tonyx4x44(m): 11:43am On Jul 25, 2012
Booty4me: op Nice foRMAT....
you wan learn?
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Dgunnerz(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2012
More formats for the guys ooo......
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by cheddarking(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2012
mukina2:

We have players in Nigeria with their own boots and fine skills who will play for petrol and a British wife. It will be a most beneficial arrangement.

It is obviously a joke.

Neeext...
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by timpaker(m): 11:46am On Jul 25, 2012
Na wa oooo! Yahoo boiz don go Limited and Plc. shocked shocked shocked
some people dey think well sha... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
who would ever think of this ''format'', not even after smoking banana leave.

1 Like

Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Nobody: 11:48am On Jul 25, 2012
U go fear letter na! Nigerians got talent but dunno where and when to use it! "Hissing"
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Okijajuju1(m): 11:50am On Jul 25, 2012
...THIS is an insult on Nigerians!!

Our yahoo yahoo is not on this level again na.. If we could defraud the Bank of Brazil, na Portsmouth wan come hard us?!! This letter is probably from Ghana or one useless African country wey still dey learn work..

4 Likes

Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by tadysmart(m): 11:52am On Jul 25, 2012
timpaker: Na wa oooo! Yahoo boiz don go Limited and Plc. shocked shocked shocked
timpaker: Na wa oooo! Yahoo boiz don go Limited and Plc. shocked shocked shocked

You get them correct.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by noiseless: 11:58am On Jul 25, 2012
These YYY id!ots, shouldn't they be puting their rotten lives into an effort to confronting the evil terrosits?
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by dazo01: 12:00pm On Jul 25, 2012
Nice one!Yahoo yahoo has taken another turn
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Milikiman: 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2012
2cheap 2detect.surely naija don pass ds level of scam.i usualy rcv such mail wheneva im xptin salary or fat contribution
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by IleIfe2(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Jokes apart, these guys are becoming too annoying. WTF.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by ebamma(m): 12:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
the scammers did not even research before trying to scam pompey,portsmouth stadium is called Fratton park not Fat one park
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by ebamma(m): 12:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
even the name of the bank(Hong kongolese),will make you realize that its a fraud.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by horlabiyi(m): 12:12pm On Jul 25, 2012
I'm very sure this is not from Nigeria. Its either from Cameroon,Ghana or other African countries. I know what Nigeria guys can do.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by omodapson(m): 12:15pm On Jul 25, 2012
That surely is not from a Nigerian. I expect something more constructive from an expert nigerian 419.

An Asian comes to mind...
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Chanchit: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
This guys are heartless, pompey that is in a financial mess, may thunder fire them for trying to scam the only club i support in europe...
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by nora544: 12:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
I know it also but this letters let me cool, I know how i can look from which country it comes, i am better than yahoo boys grin much better grin
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Abbey2sam(m): 12:25pm On Jul 25, 2012
I can do better than that, that letter is not from a nigerian scammer,i guess its from ghana or all dis african countries who are tryin to get into the business too
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by gamble009: 12:26pm On Jul 25, 2012
Even a stupid and absurd person will know this is a black scam... Tonzooo
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Kehnyshavin: 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2012
this is xooooooooooo funny,they can't spell the club name nor fratton park correctly.Who in his right freaking senses would fall for this shiTE??!!!!!!.lwkmd
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Bawss1(m): 1:04pm On Jul 25, 2012
Booty4me: op Nice foRMAT....

The is letter riddled with spelling errors and you are calling it nice? No mention is even made of the ridiculous line about players playing for petrol and a British wife.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by chucky234(m): 1:07pm On Jul 25, 2012
It was published on Complete Sports this morning and even made front page that Taribo West brother to buy Portsmouth.
That's why I don't read these Nigerian dailies,they are all poo publishing without inquiring.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 25, 2012
;DFat one park indeed,i can bet my ass with you guys that this scam mail was not from a NIGERIAN SCAMMER,F**K GHANAFat one park indeed,i can bet my ass with you guys that this scam mail was not from a NIGERIAN SCAMMER,F**K GHANAFat one park indeed,i can bet my ass with you guys that this scam mail was not from a NIGERIAN SCAMMER,F**K GHANA
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by gegee(m): 1:56pm On Jul 25, 2012
tah nothing like this happen na the poster just form this tin
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by Adanyebe(m): 1:59pm On Jul 25, 2012
WHY ARE YOU GUYZ ASKING FOR FOLLOW UPS ... IS IT DAT IMPORTANT IN ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by KenJak(m): 2:18pm On Jul 25, 2012
Don't mind them,that can never be from a nigerian,the constructions and the grammars are really frustrating,very incorrect,it's just to tarnish the country's name,we get sense pass this format,no idiot will ever see this and be tricked.
I'm proud been a Nigerian.
Re: Fake Taribo Wants To Defraud Pompey by DidiLove1: 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2012
berem: U go fear letter na! Nigerians got talent but dunno where and when to use it! "Hissing"

Please can you point to one single fact that says that it's a Nigerian or Nigerians that generated this scam letter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Super Eagles Team Is Your All-time Best? / Free Daily Prediction From Smarrrt / Osimhen, Oshoala, Ighalo, Boniface Nominated For Dubai Globe Soccer Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.