| Investment / Re: CNN's 10 Most Prosperous African Countries, Nigeria Missing by emmatok: 9:50pm On Dec 18|
THAT'S A BLOODY LIE. 80% of countries on earth experience power shortages and inadequate access to electricity. It is an illiterate myth that Nigeria alone has power issues.
| Politics / Re: Fuel Scarcity: TOTAL Oil Is Holding Nigerians To Ransom by emmatok: 7:32pm On Dec 17|
maybe you need to cross check the roles of the dss again, the last time I checked they are in charge of the internal security matters which included labour matters, it may interest to know tht they have playing a lot roles in averting industrial disharmony in acedemic institutions, companes etc.
The DSS is wrong here, Total decide to transfer their employees to another base with N9 Million as benefit, but the employee refuse to go on transfer and started fighting the employer using her UNION members.
The Union is now using it as blackmail tool against Total and Nigerian
How the DSS became a mediator between employee and employer is beyond me.
I thought we have industrial courts.
| Politics / Re: Tinubu Threatens Legal Action Against Saharareporters by emmatok: 7:53am On Dec 17|
This is the taste of what to expect if Buhari wins the Presidential Election. Barrage of litigation and indefinite detention of critics
I have consistently warned Nairalanders that though many may recent or criticise President Jonathan for his lack of charisma, some for regional neglect, some for the so-called corruption perception index and many more.
The citizens are yawning for change and revolution but the alternative in the offing as we speak is dangerous to democracy and only offers cosmetic regime change with attendant lies.
The grounds on which General Buhari is being promoted as the alternative choice are not only shaky. On the sanctity of life, Buhari is controlled by impulse and blind rage to the extent that he became satanic in his cruelty.
The existence of free media in Nigeria will be in danger and Nairaland will be the worst hit if you vote Buhari and usher in his godfathers and godchildren into power (office).
Another false allegations, coming from PDP mod.
If your information is correct go to court and defend it.
| Forum Games / Re: Brain-teaser by emmatok: 10:08pm On Dec 16|
Mr TWO- since two is the surname.
| Politics / Re: 20 Reasons Nigerians Have Rejected Gen Buhari by emmatok: 9:55pm On Dec 13|
1. He Is A Hypocrite And Sanctimonious: Buhari is a self-acclaimed anti-corruption Czar, yet he served under late Sani Abacha without complaining of corruption. In the same period Buhari served as PTF Chairman under Abacha, Nigeria was named the 2nd most corrupt country in the world in 1996 by Transparency International; the most corrupt country in 1997 and 3rdmost country in 1998. Buhari didn’t resign or protest. He dismissed the TI Report with a wave of the hand. Can he do the same if such report says Nigeria is the most corrupt country in 2014? I know that Buhari would protest and call President Jonathan names.
Buhari as a man of integrity as he claims should have done what Tai Solarin, Duro Onabule and Ebitu Ukiwe did under IBB’s regime. IBB’s attempt to take Nigeria into the Organization of Islamic Countries (OIC) made his Chief of General Staff, Ebitu Ukiwe to resign. Ukiwe maintained that Nigeria, as a country, should not be a member of a religious organisation. Individual organisation can take up membership of religious organisations, but not the country. IBB made Tai Solarin the chairman of Peoples Bank with no fund and power to run it; he resigned and tendered his apology to Nigerians.
Buhari has not apologized to Nigerians for working for the most corrupt govt in the world then, but he still maintains that Abacha didn’t loot Nigeria dry even as Abacah loots are still being sent back to Nigeria.
When he took over power by the gun, he supported rigging because it favoured him. But now, he is shouting of rigging. Hear him:
“The last general election was anything but free and fair. The only political parties that could complain of election rigging are those parties that lacked the resources to rig.” - M. Buhar (First Speech after Military Coup, 31 December, 1983)
2. He Is A Religious Fanatic And Extremist: Buhari believes that his religion is superior to other religions and that Koran supersedes our constitution. In 2001, he gave his total support for Sharia with this statement:
“I will continue to show openly and inside me the total commitment to the Sharia movement that is sweeping all over Nigeria. God willing, we will not stop the agitation for the total implementation of the Sharia in the country.”- M. Buhari (August 27, 2001)
He made the above statement after he had gone to BBC Hausa Service to condemn the then Vice President, Atiku Abubakar for urging Muslims states who adopted Sharia to return to the status quo.
If you think that these statements mean nothing, then envision what would happen if a notable Christian political leader from the south make the same statement about spreading Christianity across Nigeria.
Prior to the 2003 elections, he made another shocking statement:
“Muslims should only vote those who will promote Islam. We are more than the Christians if you add our Muslim brothers in the West.”- M. Buhari (2003)
3. He Introduced Kidnapping And Smuggling Into The Nigeria System:The story of Umaru Dikko is already well known that repeating it here amounts to tautology. However, Buhari and his ADC Col. Mustapha Jokolosupervised the smuggling of 53 suitcases filled with cash against the protests of Tunde Idiagbon and ironically, Abubakar Atiku (an APC bigwig), was the former DG of Customs. Do you still need to know why Buhari has never accused Atiku of being corrupt?
4. He Is Not A Man of His Words: Buhari cried in public and said he won’t contest elections again, yet couldn’t keep his words:
“This campaign is the third and last one for me; since, after it, I will not present myself again for election into office of the president.” – M. Buhari (April, 2011 at the Int’l Conference Centre, Abuja)
Then again in 2014, he swallowed his words with this:
“I humbly present myself to all Nigerians and to God, seeking to be elected as APC’s presidential candidate.” - M. Buhari (Oct., 15, 2014 Eagle Square Abuja)
5. He Is An Ethnic Bigot Who Thinks That Vendetta Is Fighting Corruption: After Buhari and his boys overthrew the govt of Shagari with the sole reason that the govt was highly corrupt, he locked up Dr. Alex Ekwueme – the then VP in Kirikiri maximum prison but left Shagari – the president and Head of govt in his mansion. Ekwueme was tried by the tribunal set-up by Buhari and the tribunal declared that he was even poorer than he was before he came into office. Yet, Buhari jailed him and allowed Shagari to relax in his mansion.
He gave Dede Sam Mbakwe 100-year jail term for stealing nothing and also went after his wife. Ambrose Ali was tried for an undeveloped plot of land and he was jailed for 75 years with heavy torture that led to blindness and later death. Jim Nwobodo and Lateef Jakande were jailed for 100 years for stealing nothing. Adekunle Ajasin was tried by a military tribunal and found innocent. Buhari ordered a fresh trial, he was found innocent again. Buhari changed the tribunal and tried him again. He was still found innocent. Buhari still jailed him. But, Buhari left his personal friend – Awwal Ibrahim – the then highly corrupt governor of Niger State who was arrested at Heathrow airport with £14 million. Awwal was never jailed. He was placed under house arrest in his mansion like Shagari for just two weeks and indeed released.
6. He Is A Coupist: Buhari has no moral ground to stand for an election in Nigeria because he’s a destroyer of democracy and can never benefit from it. He overthrew a duly elected govt and ruled illegitimately until he was kicked out. For those that claim he was invited, go read the recent interview by Chief Ebenezer Babatope on why Chief Solomon Lar was imprisoned by Buhari.
7. He Doesn’t Talk or Act Like An Elder-statesman: He makes provocative statements that are capable of putting the country in crisis. This attitude caused the death of over 800 innocent lives including about 10 Corp members after he lost the 2011 elections. A man who considers himself as an elder-statesman and wants to rule Nigeria again should not be talking this way:
“God willing, by 2015, something will happen. They either conduct a free and fair election or they go a very disgraceful way. If what happened in 2011 should again happen in 2015, by the grace of God, the dog and baboon would all be soaked in blood.” – M. Buhari
“2015 will be bloody…” – M. Buhari
Buhari snubbed the same Nigerians he now wants their votes by refusing to appear before Justice Oputa Truth and Reconciliation Panel. Buhari knew how important reconciliation is to the stability of democracy, yet he refused to appear before the panel.
8. He Cannot Formulate A Good Economic Policy: True to that, Buhari is the only former Head of State without a legacy. Not even one, despite ruling with iron-fist for 2 years. Someone said, Environmental sanitation is his legacy LOL and I ask, how has that improved our economy? Or is Nigeria now the cleanest country in the world with a booming tourism industry? And again, those that attended his declaration were disappointed as he couldn’t present a manifesto on how he can solve the numerous problems confronting Nigeria. We keep hearing from the Buharists: “I will fight corruption; I will stop corruption; I will end corruption.” How? By mouth?
Recall what BBC said about Buhari’s economic policy: “Buhari’s attempts to re-balance public finances by curbing imports led to many job losses and the closure of businesses. These losses were accompanied by a rise in prices and a decline in living standards.”
His economic policy started the devaluation of naira. During Shagari/Ekweme’s regime, $1 = N0.550 but before the end of his tenure in 1985, $1 = N0.894.
9. He Clamped Down On The Press: With the infamous Decree 4, he closed down Newspapers, arrested and jailed many journalists such as Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson of the Guardian Newspaper on stories that were factual. He told the Nigerian journalists then that it did not matter whether the story reported was true or not, if his regime did not like it, the writer would go to jail.
At a point Tai Solarin became the only voice who could speak as he stood at the road corner and was distributing leaflets detailing the various atrocities of Buhari. He arrested and jailed him. In prison, he was denied his asthmatic drug. He was released by IBB and later died of complication from the torture he suffered in prison.
10. He Is Not A Man of Principle And Integrity: Since 2003, Buhari has been jumping from one party to another in his desperate and endless quest to rule Nigeria. He started with ANPP in 2003 to CPC in 2011 and, now in APC. He might abandon APC for another party if they deny him ticket.
11. He Has No Regard For Human Rights: Mrs. Vera Ifudu, who was an NTA reporter then, was sacked for reporting what Dr. Olusola Saraki had told her in an interview about how the missing money was traced to Buhari’s account at Midland Bank London branch. Vera eventually won her case of wrongful dismissal in court against the NTA and was financially compensated.
Dim Emeka Odimegwu Ojukwu, who returned from 13 years exile, just a little over a year then, was as well locked up in Kirikiri Prison by Buhari. Up till today we were not told what his offence was. Busari Adelakun died of ulcer because Buhari refused him to be taken out of prison for medical attention. The then Gov. of Ogun State, Bisi Onabanjo suffered similar fate which we were told led to his untimely death.
For using the US$2.8bn to sing, Buhari jailed Fela Anikulapo -Kuti on trumped up charges under emergency law which prompted the sentencing judge to confess that he was ordered to do so and apologised to Fela. It was Buhari’s administration that said it has “decided to deal with this Fela problem once and for all.”
Buhari used retrogressive law to execute three Nigerians: Lawal Ojuolape (30), Bernard Ogedengbe (29) and Bartholomew Owoh (26). One of those three – Ogedengbe – was executed for a crime that did not carry capital punishment at the time it was committed.
12. He Is Corrupt: That a blind man doesn’t see the sun don’t mean the sun is not up in the sky. That Buhari has not been jailed for corrupt practises doesn’t mean he is not corrupt, after-all, nobody has jailed IBB, OBJ etc., yet people say they’re corrupt. Buhari has never been able to account to Nigerians what he did with the N25 billion missing in PTF of which he was the chairman. Shagari incurred Buhari’s wrath when he decided to investigate the US$2.8 billion that disappeared from NNPC account and traced to the Midland Bank, London. Justice Ayo Irikefe panel was set-up and Saraki headed the Senate committee. The following were unequivocally discovered:
Firstly, a judicial panel was set up to trace the $2.8billion (Justice Ayo Irikefe panel).
Secondly, a senate committee was also set up to trace the $2.8billion (headed by the elder Saraki).
The findings of the senate committee were reported live on NTA by Vera Ifudu.
Buhari overthrew the govt to burn and shred the evidence.
Buhari got Vera Ifudu sacked.
Vera Ifudu and the NTA went to court.
Vera Ifudu won her case, got reinstated and was paid compensation
A man that procured a loan of N27.5million to purchase his presidential form using man-know-man approach is definitely corrupt. Buhari ought to live by example.
13. He Is A Pretender And Deceiver: Buhari claims that he has no foreign bank account, no booming business, no house in Lagos or Abuja. He has 2 houses: one in Katsina and the other in Kaduna. Yet he has been contesting elections since 2003 and pursuing it up to the Supreme Court with his team of SANs. The minimum appearance fee for a SAN at the Presidential election case at the Supreme Court is N25 million. Where did he get this money? Can he tell us his sponsors? He borrowed N27.5 million to buy a form, yet he moves around in Chattered aircraft each time he wants to fly which is costlier than owing one. Buhari is definitely a pretender.
14. He Is A Tribalist: Since his days as a Head of State, he only appointed his people in important positions. As the chairman of PTF, he employed an overwhelming number of Fulani/Hausa/Moslem at the detriment of other groups and concentrated PTF projects in the North. He used the company of his in-law – (Salihijo Ahmad), Afri-Projects Consortium in executed all the projects. He shamelessly executed about 74% of the projects in the north and 26% in the entire south according to PTF Situation Report (Vol 2, 98).
15. He Has Soft-spot For Boko Haram: Buhari made the following statements which support Boko Haram:
“The declaration of state of emergency in three Northern states of Adamawa, Borno and
Yobe is a grave injustice against the North.” – M. Buhari (Liberty Radio, June 2, 2013)
“…when the Niger Delta militants started their activities in the South-South, they were invited by the late President Umaru Yar’adua. An aircraft was sent to them and their leaders met with the late President in Aso Rock and discussed issues. They were given money and a training scheme was introduced for their members. But when the Boko Haram emerged in the north, members of the sect were killed”. – M. Buhari (Liberty Radio, Kaduna May 14 2012)
But on Ombatse, his tone changed because they killed Fulanis:
“…But those that killed the 56 security men must be hunted and prosecuted no matter how long it will take because this is the bottom line about law and order, and security in the country. They can’t be forgiven, they can’t override the constitution, Nigerians are being hurt and killed in their duties and those that killed them must be brought before the law.” - M. Buhari
16. He Is Anti-development: Buhari stopped the Lagos metro rail even when the military Administrator for Lagos State, alerted him that on the clause in the contract ($60 million metro rail project) agreement that would yoke the state into debt, if the contract was cancelled unilaterally. He replied: “Mudashiru, I don’t care”. Although the fund for the execution of the project which would have given Lagosians an intra-city light train transport system would not have come from Buhari’s Supreme Military Council, Buhari, cancelled this project of the state government, with ethnicity on his mind. Till date no Nigerian city has metro rail. Buhari out of jealousy of the leadership acumen of Dede Sam Mbakwe, he stopped all the wonderful projects initiated by him in Imo State when he overthrew the Shagari’s govt. Yet, Buhari left the govt without a legacy. What a man!
17. He Hates Education: Just like Boko Haram, Buhari is a supporter of the almajir system. No wonder President Goodluck Jonathan is the person that established the first and only federal university in Katsina State – Buhari’s State and 100s almaijiri’s model schools across the northern region. People like Buhari are against the almajiri schools.
18. He Is Weak: It is a fact that Tunde Idiagbo was the brain and pillar behind the govt of Buhari. No wonder Buhari was thrown out in what was regarded as a Palace Coup when Idiagbo went to Mecca. If Buhari that ruled with absolute power and iron-fist couldn’t protect his govt from being overthrown by junior officers, how could he safeguard and protect Nigeria in this turbulent time.
19. He Is A Product of Corruption And Nepotism: The manner and swiftness Buhari rise in the army can only be possible in a system where nepotism reign supreme. At 21, Buhari was cadet trainee; at 23 he was promoted as Commander 2nd Infantry Battalion; at 25 he was appointed Brigade Major, 2 Sector 1st Infantry Division; at 28, he was promoted Brigade Major and Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade; at 29 he was promoted Assistant Adjutant-General 1st Infantry Division Headquarters; at 34 he was appointed the military governor of North-Eastern State; at 39 he was appointed Chairman NNPC and GOC, 3rd Armoured Division, Jos, 1981-83; at 42, he shot his way to Dodan Barracks as Head of State. Most of these promotions were with no further education/training.
Buhari’s kids and people still use Quota system education (to enable them go to school) and federal character for them to get jobs. Imagine when a kid from Ebonyi State needs to score minimum of 112 in Common Entrance exams and another kid from Sokoto (a state that is older than Nigeria), Yobe etc., need only 9 and 2 respectively in the same exam. Remember that these kids wrote the same exam, in the same country, at the same time and answered the same questions. What corruption is worse than this? Yet Buhari has never condemned it.
20. Buhari Is Just Perpetually Unelectable: To those that still think Buhari would one day rule Nigeria again, ask Nasir El-rufai, he has the answer:
Slik O. Austin holds Master’s degree in chemical engineering with expertise in sustainable energy, environmental sustainability and green solutions. He’s also a content creator and global issues analyst. Follow him on Twitter: @SlikInsight. The opinions and views expressed in this article are solely those of the author.
| Politics / Re: South East Wont Vote Buhari. He Should Pick His Running Mate From S/W- Ifeduba by emmatok: 2:23pm On Dec 12|
@ OP you only got one vote, so talk about yourself and leave other SE people alone to decide
| Politics / Re: An Igbo LETTER To All The Yourbas And Hausa (muslims Who Want GEJ To Go In 2015. by emmatok: 9:32pm On Dec 10|
Its always sad when an entire tribe receives insult or their character unearthed due to the insanity of one individual who claimed to be their son, but might be fathered by unknown hired Niger Soldier during the Nigerian - Biafra civil war.
When Lagos was the capital of Nigeria Hausa/Fulani and igbos invested hugely in Lagos city. After the shift of Lagos as capital of Nigeria to Abuja, they took over the economy of Lagos from the British. From onset, Yorubas were only busy dancing Owanbe in the streets of Lagos and Ibadan.
Till date, their lazy bones couldn't allow them invest and assist the boost of Nigeria's economy.
Hausa and Igbos took over South west economy from British not from yorubas and its never by force or with arms but by economic skills and strategies built through progressive business mind. The Simple fact is that, they took over the economy because majority of yorubas are very lazy and few educated ones among them only want a white collor job where they will be accountants or useless lawyer for the Hausa and igbo rich men.
Let us specifically give some of these ignorant Yorubas commons sense analogue and idea about Igbos economic dominance and Hausa business and agricultural progresses.
Igbos did not see Yorubas in Benin republic to dominate the market there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Togo to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ghana to dominate economy there, Igbos did not see Yorubas in Ivory Coast to dominate economy there, eithier did Hausa see Yoruba before dominating Saudi Arabia, Niger and other part of the continent with their agricultural products and trades. Igbos did not see Yorubas in Nairobi Kenya before displacing Indians there to dominate their economy, Igbos did not see Yorubas in China to dominate all the shopping malls at Guangxillu in Guangzhuo China.
Hausa did not see Yoruba before dominating Money Exchange trade and gold businesses. This list may be endless. Igbos and Hausas/Fulani are very hard working Nigerians.
In what trade or fields are Yorubas famous?. What are their contribution to Nigeria economically?.
Average yoruba in Lagos state is a street taut or thug. Majority of dirty houses in Lagos are owned, and occupied by Yorubas. Big masions or companies in Lagos were own by Igbos and Hausa.
RESEARCH RESULT by Independent body;
74 percent of investment in Lagos are own by Igbos. 5 percent by Hausa/Fulani, 15 percent by Foreigners(Non-Nigerians), 5 percent by other Nigerians(Non Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba), 1 percent by Yorubas (which include Mike Adenuga).
Igbos and Hausa are not only living in Lagos. Igbos live in the east, in the north. Hausas live in the east, west and north like any igbo. Yorubas are very few in other part of the country. Their laziness never allow them go far. Of course, they can't go to Kano, Port Harcourt or Enugu to do Alaye job.
The problem here is that Igbos migrate more than others and they are been tagged criminals even caught Yoruba criminals most times claim Igbo.
Igbo are followed by Hausa, but Yorubas never migrate like them to have experience and see things for themselves. That's why Hausa and Igbos can make better united Nigeria. Though few Hausas can speak Igbo and Yoruba language, but majority of igbos speaks both Hausa and Yoruba very fluently.
While Yorubas hardly speak both. In some cases, very few yorubas in Military service speaks unclear Hausa language.
The true is the good migration among Nigerians and doing business or trading improves our nationality, unity and languages. It boost our economy too, but Lazy bones don't. They sit tight at home and gossips.
As America, Asia are dominated by Igbos, so as Saudi Arabia is dominated by Hausa, and they are all doing businesses there, and doing them well. They invest every where and in Nigeria.
UK is dominated by lazy Yorubas who do nothing there but claimed schooling while majority are just mere taxi drivers or plate and car washers for Westerner. When they can't feed their families with good job, they go on trafficking cocaine or coming back to Lagos where they will join their brothers on Area boys business collecting money or begging money from Hausa and igbo productive people.
As Hausas are interested in politics, so as Yorubas but the difference is that Hausas still do their businesses and farming; feeding the nation day and night, the Yorubas do nothing but follow politicians up and down and hang in the street of lagos for Agboro job. Their youths are always going around waiting when an Igbo or Hausa will buy Land or build house for them to walk with their lazy bones for what they call "Alaye. Fee". Which is more of begging or silly claim to be owners of the land. Yorubas sell of there lands but leaves inside Lagoon or Canann where water flush them and there families away during raining seasons. They leave most in very smelling dirty places and most times their toilets is inside their cooking pots.
The igbos have left politics since 1967 and now only interested in boosting Nigerians economy with their wealth of experiences in trade, education, technology and science. Since we welcomed Democracy in Nigeria, they have not been politically wise or interested in politics.
If we know the igbos in Education, Trade, business, science and technology, and then know the Hausa/Fulanis in Trade, business, and agriculture, what can we say of the Yorubas? I bet Agboro, Owambe, taxi driver, bus conductors, tax collector and Alaye beggers(Area boys).
Most of my Niger friends who are doing businesses in Lagos complain how these Yoruba tauts disturb them daily. They even sometimes attack some of the Niger boys doing Security works in Lagos. Ahmad from Niger told me how these guys disturbed his other Niger friend selling Suya. They come every evening to eat his Suya forcefully and sometimes beats him if he do complain. He told me that his friend was provoked, then he planned for them one day. One evening these Yoruba boys came with their girl friends, forcefully eating his Suya worth 10,000 naira again, unfortunately, the Suya have been poised with Sleeping drug. So after sitting and eating while shouting, they all slept there, hopelessly till 1am. The four girls where gang raped severally till 4am by Niger boys who joined their brothers and the five boys were killed. And these Niger boys disappeared from Lagos back to their country.
Later, All Niger and Hausa within that street became target by the friends of these vicitims. Businesses were closed for two weeks in that street because of this and police keep patroling to maintain peace and order.
This is how we are loosing citizens and killing businesses. Yorubas must learn to address tautism, criminality, tribalism, thuggry, and laziness among their people.
NOTE: Not all Yorubas are lazy, down to their bone marrows, some are hard working, sincere and nice, though majority in their huge numbers are very lazy and are touts in all major streets in Nigeria. I have many good Yorubas who are nice people and work in good places.
| Politics / Re: Seven Notable Excerpts From Obasanjo’s Book by emmatok: 11:51pm On Dec 09|
people say he is weak, clueless, and not fit to rule. But nobody, not even a single soul has said anything indicting concerning his policies, his economic reforms policies etc. All they do is personal attack and the northeast crisis. yes he is doing poorly in that area, but we are seeing some improvement. the northeast crisis has dragged on not because the government is incapable of dealing with the issue but because of the collateral damage which obj completely ignored when he committed genocide in odi.
GEJ has got no single economic achievement, OBJ left billions in foreign reserves, tell is whats left.
| Politics / Re: Lagos PDP Gubernatorial Primaries - Live Updates! by emmatok: 11:50pm On Dec 08|
This is Tinubu Nightmare.
Hope Lagos PDP intraparty tussle won't disappoint Jimi.
| Politics / Re: Gov Fashola Ignorantly Seeks A Cut In Petrol Pump Price by emmatok: 11:27pm On Dec 07|
I must agree with you that it is either FG is ignorant of this discrepancy or they have a hand in it
I won't defend Jona on this one if he fails to explain why it is so.
The government is just playing games with us.
| Politics / Re: Gov Fashola Ignorantly Seeks A Cut In Petrol Pump Price by emmatok: 11:04pm On Dec 07|
BlackTechnology:There is no drop in Diesel price,yet diesel buyers don't enjoy subsidy.
Are you sure there is no drop in diesel price.? If yes
Then the greed of oil marketers is at work.
The best solution is to build more medium scale refineries or convince some oil marketers to sell cheaper in order to seize the market which will force others to cut down price.
| Politics / Re: Gov Fashola Ignorantly Seeks A Cut In Petrol Pump Price by emmatok: 10:35pm On Dec 07|
Do Ghana subsidize her fuel
The issue here is not subsidy, but our refining capacity.There is no subsidy is Diesel yet the price is not dropping in Nigeria.
6 Likes 1 Share
| Politics / Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by emmatok: 9:28pm On Dec 07|
The point you keep missing is that this particular aircraft has nothing to do with Russia ! I don't think you should try and divert the debate.
This aircrafts has no liinks with Russia ! We need Russia !
Russians still operate Antonov An-124 Ruslan.
You guys seem to believe the Russians so much these days.
| Politics / Re: An Igbo LETTER To All The Yourbas And Hausa (muslims Who Want GEJ To Go In 2015. by emmatok: 9:24pm On Dec 07|
Funny thread indeed
| Politics / Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by emmatok: 1:28pm On Dec 07|
| Politics / Re: Pictures of Russian Cargo Plane impounded in Kano and its consignment by emmatok: 1:18pm On Dec 07|
yup lol. but russia has helped us out a little by giving us this consignment so we can defend ourselves so we are not totally helpless
Nop, the Russians are arming their loyal friends in Nigeria, the American will soon be doing the same.
They know Nigeria is a divided country.
| Politics / Re: Pictures of Russian Cargo Plane impounded in Kano and its consignment by emmatok: 1:11pm On Dec 07|
| Politics / Re: The Hypocrisies Of Some Supporters Of President Jonathan by emmatok: 12:51pm On Dec 07|
1. They want Jonathan to be reelected as President of Nigeria but they want the division of the Federation.
Finally, I have also met and stay with few good Nigerians who are supporting the Stealing-Is-Not-Corruption administration of Dr. President Jonathan for very good reasons and convictions.
Most of them are unpatriotic Biafrans.
| Politics / Re: FG Impounds Russian Plane With Arms In Kano by emmatok: 12:44pm On Dec 07|
Lmao @ crap journalism by Nigerian pseudo-journalists.
Antonov isn't a Russian plane, it's a Ukrainian aircraft company.
If it were Russia, it would've been Ilyushin. And a country like Russia can never be involved in something as dumb as this one.
Anyway, who gave the plane the clearance to land in Nigeria?
This isn't the first time the Russian has been caught smuggling arms to to Nigeria or other African countries.
| Politics / Re: Lagos APC Crisis Deepen As APC Integrity Group Calls For Immediate Arrest Ambode by emmatok: 12:08pm On Dec 06|
I know many Londoners and New Yorkers with Nigerian heritage and many Parisians with French African heritage and have lived in those cities all their lives. BUT dem no born them well to commot say dey wan rule those cities.
Thats when they would be told where they come from.
Ambode is Yoruba and for that reason alone he is qualified.
He is in Yoruba land. If Ambode was in the East or North, I would say "you are on your own son"
As per our wuru wuru constitution (and that 10 year nonsense), well there is "theory" and their is "practice"
Apart from monthly allocation and immunity clause, our constitution is mere theory. Ask any sitting president.
| Politics / Re: Why Nigeria Cancelled US Military Training – FG by emmatok: 10:18pm On Dec 05|
Even if its Pope that make this press release, I will still not believe.
so this people think we are this gullible?
so all the military hardware that this country have is in the north fighting Boko Haram, yet we are struggling to win.
Are we saying if Nigeria is attacked from South now, we will need to withdraw military hardware from north, to defend from South?
I don't even understand, what military hardware are we currently using on book haram that is needed for the training? AK 47? Tanks? RPG? jet fighter? what else? This is all we have? is this what they want to train the military on? In a sane country, this kind of statement will have consequence.
| Politics / Re: When Will APC Stop Lying? Pictures. by emmatok: 10:13pm On Dec 05|
A propaganda news ment to belittle and embarrass PDP governors appeared on nairaland yesterday, titled, PDP GOVERNORS PROSTRATE FOR OBASANJO OVER JONATHAN. They went ahead and post a picture of men who prostrate in traditional wedding way back 2012 as that of the governors.
WHEN WILL THIS LIARS OF A PARTY CALLED APC CHANGE?
Was it APC that reported the news in the first place?
It seems APC should be blamed for every information from media houses.
| Politics / Re: DSS Tortured APC Data Centre Staff into Confessing - Lai Mohammed by emmatok: 4:23pm On Dec 05|
But they confessed to the crime...
| Politics / Re: Nigeria Police To Restore Speaker Tambuwal's Security by emmatok: 4:17pm On Dec 05|
This IG is too sophisticated and vast. This administration is simply classical.
The restoration of the security aides is not because of his position as a 'speaker' but for protection since he is a leading aspirant from the opposition.e
I.G shamefully made 180degrees, for the fear of being sacked.
| Politics / Re: Akinwunmi Ambode Endorsement As Lagos Governor Flagbearer - A Mistake For APC by emmatok: 8:19am On Dec 05|
Is the op an A PC member, a PDP spinner
| Politics / Re: Goodluck Jonathan Cannot Win In 2015---Asari Dokubo by emmatok: 11:29pm On Dec 04|
kayjasper:Waiting for Doyin Okupe's reply.
One of the biggest supporters and kinsman of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari, has declared that the president has lost the support of his political base, the South-south and the South-East owing to the failure of his government to deliver on its promises.
Dokubo-Asari, at a press conference in Abuja on Friday, said that it would be tough for Jonathan to win the presidential election in 2015 if he decides to run based on the poor showing of his administration.
On the face-off between Jonathan and former President Olusegun Obasanjo, Dokubo-Asari said there was no need for it.
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 11:38pm On Dec 03|
I look waiting u write I just laughed because as if you near me I for don slap you ehh e be like say night never come for your area nansense
Abegi, Go sleep and stop forming Superman online.
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 11:24pm On Dec 03|
We Nigerians do not think deep enough. I have a question;..can anybody explain deeply enough the wars in Iraq, Libya, Syria and Ukraine and how is Nigeria almost near 70% to be included on that list??...
Vietnam is a classic example, of Russia,US battle in helpless countries.
They know Nigeria is never a united country and anything is possible.
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 11:20pm On Dec 03|
This isn't about spite, it is about doing what is best for you, though a tad bit late.
The US also buys Russian weapons in the black market for its proxies. US weapons aren't sold to just anyone - and even when you get ya hands on them, the baggage that come with those weapons always make them useless. Utter expensive as well.
Not worth it, especially when you can get cheaper alternatives, with help to improve ya indigenous defense apparatus.
US is not the reason we have BH except you can prove otherwise. So we should stop behaving like the US owes Nigeria anything.
Going, to the Russians is not bad, but making Nigeria looking helpless is bad.
What is if the Russians decide to capitalize on our helpless condition and renegade on their agreement, will we run to Iran or China.
This diplomacy not local politics.
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 11:14pm On Dec 03|
May be your part of Nigeria is full of daft people but my own part can rival US in a sane environment
Keep living in denial.
I know this generation of arrogantly ignorant people.We can't generate enough electricity for ourselves and we want to rubb shoulder with US.
I will advice you first create that sane environment for your self before thinking about US
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 11:03pm On Dec 03|
You are a baby
If you are an indigene of NE whose home has been sacked by BH, your view about US will change when you realise that US refused to sell arms needed to recover your home but is more Willing to train a military she accused of human right violation.
Guy go and sleep.
Politics is not meant for you
US is not the reason we have BH except you can prove otherwise. So we should stop behaving like the US owes Nigeria anything.
Going, to the Russians is not bad, but making Nigeria looking helpless is bad.
What is if the Russians decide to capitalize on our helpless condition and renegade on their agreement, will we run to Iran or China.
This diplomacy not local politics.
| Politics / Re: Russia, Nigeria Sign Memorandum On Security Councils’ Cooperation by emmatok: 10:54pm On Dec 03|
If Nigerians are not their greatest enemy, we would rubbing shoulders with US economically militarily and technologically.
Stop daydreaming, Nigeria is a product of the West, rubbing shoulders with US is not going to happen, try SA first.