|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1216089 members, 1595297 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 March 2014 at 08:06 AM
|Jokes Etc / Re: Who Cheated Btw These Two ??? by its ik(m): 4:59pm On Mar 08|
Lol. Una no well
|Celebrities / Re: Meet The 64-year-old Farmer Who Has Not Slept For 30 YEARS [PHOTOS] by its ik(m): 4:24pm On Mar 08|
That's the news above. Don't mind the op
|Celebrities / Re: Meet The 64-year-old Farmer Who Has Not Slept For 30 YEARS [PHOTOS] by its ik(m): 4:23pm On Mar 08|
INCREDIBLE: Meet The 64-Year-Old Farmer Who Has Not Slept For 30 YEARS [PHOTOS]
Sixty-four-year-old Thai Ngoc, known as Hai Ngoc, has not been able to sleep at night since after getting a fever in 1973. That is more than 11,700 consecutive sleepless nights.
This has earned him a mention on Oddee‘s Bizarre people list.
“I don’t know whether the insomnia has impacted my health or not. But I’m still healthy and can farm normally like others,” Ngoc said. To prove his health, the elderly resident of Que Trung commune, Que Son district said he can carry two 50kg bags of fertilizer down 4km of road to return home every day.
According to his wife said, Ngoc had been given a clean bill of health when he went for a medical examination, except a minor decline in liver function. “My husband used to sleep well, but these days, even liquor cannot put him down.” She reportedly said.
Ngoc stays busy farming on his 5ha farm at the foot of a mountain and taking care of pigs and chickens all day. His six children live at their house in Que Trung.
Ngoc often does extra farm work or guards his farm at night to prevent theft, saying he used three months of sleepless nights to dig two large ponds to raise fish.
|Politics / Re: This Heartbreaking Photo Will Bring You To Tears by its ik(m): 2:34pm On Mar 07|
That's the pix
|Foreign Affairs / Re: Amidst Ukraine Crisis Russia Test Fired Intercontinental Ballistic Missile by its ik(m): 6:26am On Mar 05|
But its crazy sha.
|Celebrities / Re: Shocking: Big Brother Africa Contestant Display Everything She's Got by its ik(m): 10:23am On Feb 26|
|Celebrities / Re: Shocking: Big Brother Africa Contestant Display Everything She's Got by its ik(m): 10:21am On Feb 26|
|Celebrities / Re: Iyanya Gets Tattoos In Honour Of Late Parents & Brother by its ik(m): 5:18pm On Feb 25|
Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I [am] the LORD.
|Autos / How Do You Control & Stop A Car When One Of Its Tires Explode On Top Speed by its ik(m): 8:47am On Feb 25|
Good morning my people.
I would like experienced advice and contributions here.
How can one carefully and successfully stop his car when on top speed and suddenly his tire be it front or rear explodes or bursts. Cos I think this has lead to the death a lot of people. Being on top speed and suddenly ur tire bursts. How can one control the car to a safe position or even stop it with out it Somersaulting.
Experienced hands and professional advice please.
NB: MOD if u can move this to front page. Let us learn and save lives. Cos most drivers don't know this and it can happen to anyone else.its not like its always the driver's fault.
|Celebrities / Re: Meet Adepero Oduye:12 Years A Slave Actress by its ik(m): 11:00pm On Feb 23|
O boy. Una no go kill me with laugh here oooo. No be only "whiling goodberg" na whooping goosebeg. Which kin people be this today?
Pls abeg people, this lady is just there. Haba una no see those /igbirigbe/ or should I call it baggy lips? Kai. Black is beauty or what ever, I agree. But that lips can choke a man while kissing her. Kai
If I hear. She is just 5/10 joor. Stop this fake rating u all do online. Though she played her part well in that movie. She a good actress.
|Family / Re: We Need Paternity Leave Too! by its ik(m): 8:54pm On Feb 22|
Lol. Well it will be welcomed
|Health / Re: Fake Surgeon Injects Cement Into Woman's Face & Body by its ik(m): 5:52pm On Feb 12|
Well she's not so bad. She would have drank the cement too. Why naonly injection she take? Just wondering. Hydiats
|Romance / Re: She Loves Sex Excessively by its ik(m): 9:36am On Feb 12|
Some have food but cannot eat,
Some can eat but have no food,
You "OP" have food but u can't eat,
Pass ur food to me my friend
|Celebrities / Re: STUNNING PHOTOS: Most Beautiful Girl In Abuja 2013, Releases Arresting Photo by its ik(m): 8:24am On Feb 02|
She try sha
|Celebrities / Re: See The Miracle Bra That Instantly Increase Cleavage 3 Sizes BIGGER (photos) by its ik(m): 3:51pm On Feb 01|
Am here. Wonderful
|Phones / Re: Nigerian Twitter Users (Tweeps) Thread - Let's Follow Each Other by its ik(m): 9:04pm On Jan 06|
Believe me, I will follow u back. Surely will.
|Phones / Re: Nigerian Twitter Users (Tweeps) Thread - Let's Follow Each Other by its ik(m): 8:35pm On Jan 04|
@achuonuik. Pls promise to follow back
|Phones / Re: Nigerian Twitter Users (Tweeps) Thread - Let's Follow Each Other by its ik(m): 11:19am On Jan 01|
Kindly follow me and DM me for a follow back. I always will. Or just mention me in ur tweet.
Nice one OP
|Nairaland / General / Re: What Is Your New Year Resolution? by its ik(m): 9:10am On Dec 31, 2013|
:-XIts actually the time.
|Family / Re: shshs that's it by its ik(m): 9:05pm On Dec 09, 2013|
Pls mods, can u help delete this thread or topic I created it and I duplicated cos of network problem. Pls kindly help me dete it. It was initially a thread for women and how they shld behave to show a man who wants to marry them that they are really a wife material.
|Family / Girls, You Don't Need To Be A House Maid To Make Him Know U A Wife Material by its ik(m): 6:55pm On Dec 09, 2013|
A guy would know you are a wife material not because you come to his house and work your Bottom off, but because when he calls you and ask about your day, you tell him about your chores and stuff, when he comes to your house you are either busy with one thing or the other and everything is in place. If he goes into your toilet its extremely neat. If he eats your food its delicious, if you see your mum with a broom or bucket you excuse him and go finish. what she has started, etc... he would know you are definatly home trained and a wife material.
Bottom line, you don't need to become a house help to a man by cooking and washing for him so that he would see you as a wife material. Men always know what they want. If you like cook Chinese rice in diamond sauce and turn 360 degrees in bed, or give him the snake in the monkey shadow style, it doesn't make you a wife material. Ladies need to start respecting themselves.
We believe charity begins at home and not this life of pretense most of u put up to get the ring and when its done you bring out ur real self. The way u treat your fammily and behaive at home tells us a lot.
|Family / shshs that's it by its ik(m): 6:48pm On Dec 09, 2013|
|Foreign Affairs / Facts Most Of Us Didn't Know About NELSON MANDELA by its ik(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2013|
1. He was born in July 18 1918 into the Xhosa-speaking Thembu people in a small village in the Eastern Cape of South Africa
2. He was named Rolihlahla Dalibhunga by his parents and was given his English name, Nelson, by a teacher at his school.
3. He is also sometimes called Madiba, which is his traditional clan name.
4. Mandela has been called both ‘the world’s most famous political prisoner’ and ‘South Africa’s Great Black Hope.’
5. His father, a counsellor to the Thembu royal family, died when Nelson Mandela was nine, and he was placed in the care of the acting regent of the Thembu people, Chief Jongintaba Dalindyebo.
6. He was circumcised at the age of 16
7. Nelson Mandela was an activist against apartheid, and he was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress.
8. Nelson Mandela was the first South African President who was elected in a completely democratic election.
9. He was elected at the age of 77
10. Mr Mandela set up South Africa’s first black law firm with Oliver Tambo
11. Nelson Mandela was an activist against apartheid, and he was the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress.
12. Nelson Mandela spent twenty-seven years in prison.
13. Nelson Mandela won the Nobel prize in 1993.
14. In 1994 he published his autobiography ‘long walk to freedom’ which he wrote secretly while in prison.
15. In his spare time, Nelson Mandela studied to become a lawyer.
16. Nelson Mandela’s favorite breakfast is plain porridge, with fresh fruit and fresh milk.
17. Nelson Mandela has honorary degrees from more than 50 international universities.
18. During his 27-year jail term, he stayed in cell number 46664
19. Besides campaigning globally for peace, Mandela focused his still prodigious energies increasingly on empowering disadvantaged children and fighting against HIV/Aids.
20. He was diagnosed of prostate cancer in 2001
21. In June 2004 aged 85, Mandela officially retired from public life. His parting gift – a R1-billion endowment to South Africa, to be raised by the three charitable organisations that bear his name: the Nelson Mandela Foundation, the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund and the Nelson Mandela Rhodes Foundation.
22. He was incarcerated on Robben island for 18 of his 27 years in prison
23. While in jail on Robben Island in the 1980s, the former president contracted tuberculosis.
24. Nelson Mandela retired from Public life in June 1999 and currently resides in his birth place
25. Mandela’s birth name – Rolihlahla – is an isiXhosa name that means ‘pulling the branch of the tree’. Colloquially it also means ‘troublemaker’. His English name, Nelson, was given to him by a missionary schoolteacher.
26. He was expelled from the University of Fort Hare after joining a student protest. He later completed his degree through Unisa, which he followed up with a law degree from Wits University.
27. He fled the Eastern Cape for Johannesburg after Jongintaba Dalindyebo, the leader of the Tembu people, tried to set up an arranged marriage for him. After arriving in the city, he found work as a night watchman at a mine.
28. He lived in Alexandra township at first butlater moved in with close friend Walter Sisulu and Sisulu’s mother in Orlando, Soweto.
29. Mandela’s first wife, Evelyn Mase, was a nurse and Walter Sisulu’s cousin. She was the breadwinner in the family and supported Mandela while he studied law at Wits University and became further involved in politics. They had four children together and divorced in 1958.
30. He was the first commander in chief of the ANC’s armed wing.
31. In 1962, he left the country to garner support for the armed struggle. During this time he received guerilla training in Morocco and Ethiopia.
32. The circumstances surrounding his arrest at a police roadblock outside of Howick later that year remain unclear but it is believed that an American CIA agent tipped off the police about his whereabouts. He was convicted of sabotage and attempting to violently overthrow the government.
33. During his time in prison, Mandela was restricted to a 2m x 2.5m cell, with nothing but a bedroll on the floor and a bucket for sanitation in it. He was consigned to hard labour in a lime quarry for much of that time and was, at first, only allowed one visitor and one letter every six months.
34. The apartheid government offered to release Mandela on no less than six occasions but he rejected them each time. On one such occasion Mandela released a statement saying: ‘I cherish my own freedom dearly, but I care even more for your freedom … What freedom am I being offered while the organisation of the people [the ANC] remains banned?‘
35. Mandela wrote a memoir during the 70s, copies of which were wrapped in plastic containers and buried in a vegetable garden which he kept at prison. It was hoped that fellow prisoner Mac Maharaj, who was due for release, would be able to smuggle it out. But the containers were discovered when prison authorities began building a wall through the garden. As punishment, Mandela’s study privileges were revoked.
36. After he was separated from his second wife, Winnie Madikizela-Mandela, he asked struggle stalwart Amina Cachalia, with whom he had a long relationship, to marry him but she turned him down. On his 80th birthday, Mandela married, the widow of Mozambique’s former president Samora Machel.
37. The ANC was labelled a terrorist organisation by the apartheid government and was recognised as such by countries including the US and Britain. It was only in 2008 that the United States finally removed Mandela and other ANC members from its terror list.
38. The United Nations declared his birthday, July 18, Nelson Mandela International Day. This was the first time the UN dedicated a particular day to a person.
39. Hundreds of awards and honours have been bestowed on Mandela. Among others, he was an honorary citizen of Canada, an honorary member of the British Labour Party, and an honorary member of Manchester United. He also had a nuclear particle (the ‘Mandela particle’), a prehistoric woodpecker (Australopicus nelsonmandelai) and an orchid (Paravanda Nelson Mandela) named after him.
40. When Mandela was 9 years old, his father died of lung disease, causing his life to change dramatically.
41. He wrote his first adress in jail in a dark cell which was later found after his release.
42. He visited his cell room years after his release and lit up a candle in his cell and gave to a black child, which he called his reconcilliation with his past.
43. His release even brought more clashes amongs the south african black race, which also resulted in killings too. He later adressed this and told his country men to drop their arms and weapons and embrace fredom.
|Travel / Re: Two Female Immigration Officers Collapse On Parade Ground by its ik(m): 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2013|
Well easy on these folks ooo
|Forum Games / Re: Funny Names Abbreviation. by its ik(m): 10:07pm On Oct 10, 2013|
NAMES and short form.
Brother victor = Bro vic
Brother muchael = bro mike.
BROTHER COSMAS => "BRO COS"
|Culture / Re: How Do People Actually 'Hold' The Rain? by its ik(m): 5:04pm On Aug 20, 2013|
I think rain making and rain control is more of a scientific exercise than the so called "JUJU" okijajuju good evening.
I will first start with moving the rain to another part or chasing it away. I remember sometime around 2002 when I was in secondary school. Julius bedger construction company wanted to construct an new road beside my school at UTURU abia state, it wanted to rain heavily that day and they've mixed their cement for the slabs to cover one big water drainage they made. The next thing we heard was a shot and there was red smoke in the sky. Do u know that that heavy rain didn't drop one bit till the next day. But all the neighboring villages experienced rain that day.
Its just like sending dry air to go and disperce or scatter the wet cloud that's gathering. If u know the water circle well. After evaporation, comes condensation but when u have enough dry air substance to scatter or disperse this moisture containing cloud and air, the moisture will go and gather some other place it finds ok and fall there. This is done traditionally. If u notice they always burn a leaf or something which sends smoke up to the sky.
Then bringing the rain. There a lot of chemical substances that are know to attract moisture some are in gaseous form and also exist in nature is some of these shrubs and tree we see everyday. When one is able to send up into the clouds this kind of substance, they will attract moisture and cos rain. This is how rain is made artificially. Cos when air carrying water "humid air" gather and presumably the area gets saturated, the next thing we have is condensation. That's it
PLS note: this doesn't mean that there might not be diabolic ways or bringing and shifting rain. All I did was to scientifically back some of the practices. Example, like the one I said JULIUS BEDGER did.
|Religion / Re: Pope To Priests - Buy Humble Cars by its ik(m): 12:43pm On Jul 07, 2013|
U people aren't even mentioning the major point he raised. Its not about humble cars or jets. He said, "when u want to buy this kinda expensive, flashy of cars remember that there are some out there hungry. Who can't even see a meal in two days" that's just it.
They shld help poor and hungry people not enriching themselves. Even the scripture said it, JESUS refused to send the crowd away hungry. He made them sit down. And fed them, his flock. He didn't multiply the fish and the bread for himself and his deciples, he gave it to the hungry and starving.
That's the message.
|Webmasters / I Don't Know Why This Website Has Been Distributing My Pin To People I Don't Kno by its ik(m): 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2013|
NOTE: mods pls I don't know the right place to post this. Could u people pls help me send it to the right category.
This website "http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com" of late started sending me updates and latest news flash with out me doing any transaction with them or even registering with them. Well, I wasn't bothered. All I did was delete the messages they kept sending. As if that was all. This night people kept on adding me on BBM. People I don't know and haven't had any encounter with and when I asked thEy said they got my pin from the same site (http://www.ipaidabribenaija.com). And am like what's all this? I don't know who to report to had it been I know the headquaters of this site I would make a case with them cos they are sending my PIN to people without my permission or knowledge. That's bridge of right to privacy.
Its annoying pls house what do I do tho make this stop. And another thing. When this site sends emails to me they appear in red color font, other from the normal black colored font on my phone. I don't just know. Have they hacked my set or something. I need advise house pls. Its scary and annoying.
PLEASE MODS, FRONT PAGE. I want to hear what people have to say, cos nigeria isn't safe again. Am kinda scared. Thx pls
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise