|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1062365 members, 1234519 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2013 at 02:42 AM
|This post has been hidden|
|Politics / Last Poor Decisions That Destroyed Adolf Hitler You Shouldn't Repeat In 2013 by moderattor: 1:23pm On Jan 15|
The defeat of Germany in World War II was mainly the result of poor decisions by Hitler, which dramatically weakened the Axis to incomparable measures. He ignored the advice of Generals and Officers who had the experience and knowledge to lead the German warfare successfully.
I've categorised everything for you into the most important events. I've provided the information by MYSELF (believe it or not), so please take the time to read it. Thanks.
--------------------------Problems in Russia--------------------
1. Operation Barbarossa was launched on June 22, 1941 with the aim of invading Soviet Russia. The relationship between the Russian Communist Dictator, Joseph Stalin and the Socialist Kraut, Adolf Hitler, was reasonably suffice. Both nations had previously agreed to being neutral parties during the war. In fact, Russia itself decided to help Germany annex Poland in 1939, and continued by attacking Finland. Either way, Hitler's plan for occupying the Soviet Union was unnecessary, exposing him to conflict on the Eastern Front. It's very likely that Hitler's hate for Marxism was one piece of justification for the actions which would follow.
2. Additionally, the regular army in conjunction with the SS, were not adequately equipped for the freezing, demoralizing winter weather. The temperature reached minus 46 degrees, and German infantry lacked quality uniforms to keep them warm. Thousands died from the climate alone.
3. The Fuhrer ordered German military to move south towards Stalingrad, in an attempt to claim oil-rich fields. The city of Lenin was besieged for 600 days to suppress the Kremlin. But the capital Moscow, was the significant aspect because it was a centre for communication and distribution. Railway systems ran through Moscow which supplied the Soviets with war goods, soldiers and machinery parts. If these methods of transport were cut off, no assistance could be given to the Russian defensive. Soon enough, the Soviet Union pushed the Nazi's back across the border in a 1941 counter-assault. Consequently, the SS became isolated and didn't receive help easily - reinforcements were blocked off and fortifications erected.
4. The Battle of Kursk. This confrontation was the deciding factor in German advance or decline. The Russians, under command of Zhukov, had overwhelming superiority in numbers, but limited technology. The Kremlin T-34 tanks were poorly manufactured, slow and badly armoured. However, this classic fight demonstrated the Soviet Union authority and their ability to beat the SS.
----------------------Problems in North Africa-------------------
1. Italy originally had a strong presence in North Africa with Field Marshall Rodolpho Graziani and his 200,000 men. The goal was to over-take small British colonies like Somaliland and Kenya, to build an empire in the East. That objective failed miserably. The British commonwealth capitalized, despite being outnumbered by 140,000 soldiers. So, the Nazi Field Marshall Erwin Rommel was deployed in Libya to manage the issues. Hitler only decided to give him ONE armoured division and ONE unarmoured battalion of "Afrika Korps", who were desert specialists. That was a BIG MISTAKE because Germany had no manpower at all. North Africa was ESSENTIAL to Hitler's success.
The primary mission was to capture the Suez Canal, which was the United Kingdom's lifeline. England relied on the importation of raw materials for war production, but also food, infantry and vehicles to secure themselves. Most of these supplies came from their great empire in the pacific and South-East Asia.
If Rommel could cut the canal, then Britain's deliveries would become seriously delayed. BUT because Hitler was ignorant and under-supplied the "Afrika Korps", there was no possibility of winning in Egypt. It wasn't only this, Adolf also under-estimated the master British tactician Montgomery. Montgomery's 8th army was triumphant in Operation Torch, liberating North Africa with Allied influence. Later in 1943, Sicily would become an Allied possession, and by 1945, Rome was as well.
--------------Problems at the Battle of Britain----------
1. Initially, there were no issues with the "Battle of Britain". Hitler's co-ordinated bomb raids on harbours, airfields and production warehouses was the correct move. The Luftwaffe, an experienced collection of pilots, were doing a great job in hitting England hard where it hurt. The Messershmidt fighter-plane and Stuka bombers constituted most of the German air force, but the British fighter-plane, the spit-fire had more speed, better maneuverability and excellent firepower. These aircraft dominated the "Battle of Britain" and were instrumental in protecting the United Kingdom.
-----------------D-Day and the Closing of Berlin----------------
1. From 1943, Germany was retreating and losing World War II. D-Day on June 1944, was the gamble that paid off - the Allies brushed ashore 5 beaches. The Omaha, Utah,Gold, Juno and Sword coastlines were boarded in a desperate effort for survival. With the Soviet Union marching to Berlin, American, Canadian, English and Australian regiments swore to end the crisis earlier. The victory at the "Battles of Normandy" opened a wide gate to the heart of Germany. The path was clear now, and with both Russia and other Western guidance, the decline of the Third Reich was inevitable. By mid 1945, Hitler commited suicide in a bunker with his wife, Eva Braun. The Allies were reportedly only 800 metres away from apprehending him. In the coming months, Nazi surrender was imminent.
Hitler was just too proud and powerful for his own good after Germany had won several battles up till 1943.
[b]Read More: [/b]http://dwitch.com/actions/view/6448/Very%20Poor%20Decisions%20That%20Destroyed%20Adolf%20Hitler%20You%20Shouldn%27t%20Repeat!
|Foreign Affairs / Re: Donald Trump Freaks Out On Twitter After Obama Wins Election by moderattor: 10:42am On Nov 07, 2012|
He has lost money.
He invested in the governor.
|Career / Re: 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? by moderattor: 2:43am On Nov 05, 2012|
I want to cry when people suggest @OP should go for 40k. Its just a pity.
hahahahaha hhhha ahhhhaa haaaaaaa *crying*
|Events / Re: 2012 World Transgender Beauty Pageant (Pictures) by moderattor: 11:53pm On Nov 04, 2012|
Their only achievement and joy is the art of appearing like a woman. lol.
If you really need it, cut of your p and leave a hole there for real
|Webmasters / Re: Web Developer Wanted Urgently by moderattor: 6:18am On Oct 05, 2012|
Am the very best!
From Photoshop, then CSS, to HTMl, then Database and PHP.
Beautify it with CSS3, animate it with Jquery, and have it flow with Ajax!
All from scratch!
Simple websites through, web applications like
HR, Accounting Softwares, Music sites to social networks!
All from scratch!
What we should be talking about is can you pay me?
DaveOzoalor[AT] gmail [DOT] Com
|This post has been hidden|
|Foreign Affairs / Re: The Man Behind Anti-Islam Movie Arrested (pics) by moderattor: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2012|
The man who wrote the book "The Satanic Verses" (refering to the holy Quran) still walks free after 20 years of having a $1M fatwa ransome on his head.
Nothing will happen to this man.
Just a guess though.
|Education / Re: UNILAG/MAU Students Drag FG To Court Over Name change by moderattor: 7:01am On Jun 05, 2012|
are the students eligible to sue the govt. On a change of institution name?
|Politics / I Warned Nigeria Of Dana Plane Crash Through Tribune Newspaper! - TB Joshua by moderattor: 8:21pm On Jun 04, 2012|
In his church prophet TB Joshua recounted how he prophesied the plane crash which occured yesterday 3rd of June in lagos.
He showed the a page 47 of Tribune News Paper 24th of February 2012 edition where his prophesy was published.
'i personally asked the editor to publish it so that people will pray against it'
'even when that helicopter wanted to crash, i told you here.'
he also replayed the video of how he prophesied ADC plane crash mentioning the exact date and purposefully twisted the name in the prophesy by saying 'am seeing ABC but B missed, this is a parable, a carnal man cant understand this.They should check their plane. Pray on october 29th.'
he also specified that there are 2 types of prophets. Those who tell you what you want to hear and those who recieve direct and specific messages from God.
He is still saying this now in his church and on live broadcast.
'am saying this because i recieved many emails asking me why i didn't see our plane crash when i saw the death of their president. Calling me a false prophet.'
|Travel / Re: Crashed Dana Airplane's Manifest by moderattor: 9:21pm On Jun 03, 2012|
God Bless the Dead
|Webmasters / Re: How To Make Money With A Professional Custom Facebook Fanpage - Part 1 by moderattor: 8:56pm On Jun 03, 2012|
Nice write up
|Politics / Re: Is Boko Haram Responsible For The Air Crash? by moderattor: 6:59pm On Jun 03, 2012|
God Bless the Dead
|Politics / Re: Funny UNILAG/MAU Protest Poster On GEJ & Patience by moderattor: 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2012|
al-ahamad:He has also published many scholarly articles and Journals. Neither GEJ nor Abiola is @OP's mate.
Results keep talking for GEJ. Calling him 'brainless' is just a baseless test of your prowess in english language.
GEJ is truly a great man, irrespective of his falls.
|Politics / Re: New Face Of Boko Haram by moderattor: 9:35am On Jun 03, 2012|
Just like every other gay.Its a matter of time before they bomb themselves out.
They should have accepted amnesty and be living large abroad by now.
|Politics / Re: Funny UNILAG/MAU Protest Poster On GEJ & Patience by moderattor: 9:06am On Jun 03, 2012|
See a young man who isn't even sure of his first Degree
Challenging a double Phd holder. GEJ was a lecturer when this dude was in kindergarten.
GEJ has been the deputy governor, the governor and now the president, not this guy's mate.
People should know how to protest.
|Politics / Re: 30 KIlled In Clashes Between Alago & Berom People In Nasawara by moderattor: 9:03am On Jun 03, 2012|
what is the meaning of the ACF condemnation? Prevent the attack and stop condemning your head after people have died!
|Politics / Re: Oba Oladele Olashore Of Iloko Ijesha Is Dead by moderattor: 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2012|
God bless the dead
|Family / Re: Getting Married To A Divorcee...what Are The Odds? by moderattor: 4:16pm On Jun 02, 2012|
what if the son of the man shows up one day in the future 'gerrout of my dads house u witch!'
@OP You must be crazy marrying a divorced man when single hungry lions like us are roaring about
|Webmasters / Re: How Do I Start A Classified Ads Website In Nigeria by moderattor: 10:03am On Jun 02, 2012|
try noah's classfieds in your fantastico
|Webmasters / Re: Where Do Most Of Your Web Traffic Come From? by moderattor: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2012|
i luv facebook
|Webmasters / Re: Active Users Statistics On Nairaland by moderattor: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2012|
reduce it to 1 month.
A site once told me nairaland sees 60,000 page views perday.
|Education / Re: Police Sprays Tear Gas In UNILAG/MAU: Gunshots Too by moderattor: 11:28am On Jun 01, 2012|
WHat if police gets you shot while protesting for the name change of a school you'll only spend 5 years in?
|Webmasters / Re: Finally Finished Review For Me by moderattor: 4:29pm On May 31, 2012|
The texts are difficult to read .
They make me feel dizzy. I have to zoom closer to my screen before i read them.
You can try someother fonts. Or You just have to change the background away from total black.
You can make it 80% white and 30% black.
|Webmasters / Re: Www.maulag.edu.ng by moderattor: 4:27pm On May 31, 2012|
They will get
However you got it perfect at (Www.maulag.edu.ng) , pray your maga clicks
|This post has been hidden|
|Phones / Re: Rumor: Facebook To Buy Opera Software by moderattor: 2:01pm On May 31, 2012|
|Religion / Re: Pa Enebeli Elebuwa Exposes Pastor Sign Fireman. Says He Is A 419ner by moderattor: 2:01pm On May 31, 2012|
[b]SIGN FIREMAN: [/b]the name make sense die!
|Entertainment / Re: Tiwa Savage WAS A Great Prospect, Until She Joined MAVIN. Backward Step. by moderattor: 2:00pm On May 31, 2012|
|Education / Re: Okonkwo Onyebuchi 300-Level UNN Student Commits Suicide by moderattor: 11:21am On May 31, 2012|
maybe he was pinged from village!
|Politics / Re: Fadeyi Youths At It Again by moderattor: 11:15am On May 31, 2012|
@OP na helicopter u dey take this picture?
Fear no gree u near them go find out the cause of the fight?
|Politics / Re: Fadeyi Youths At It Again by moderattor: 11:14am On May 31, 2012|
@OP people fight in the street u blame government?
Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health