|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1172889 members, 1482282 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 December 2013 at 01:03 AM
|Religion / How Was The Experience by ogedanny: 7:11am On Dec 07|
Even though I was not there cos of work shedule, I believe some of us would have something to share. Who thrilled you most during praise? Share your experience
|Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Did You Write The ARM Life Test? by ogedanny: 4:26pm On Dec 05|
don't u think its their insurance arm: ARM LIfe
|Jobs/Vacancies / Did You Write The ARM Life Test? by ogedanny: 2:06pm On Dec 05|
i saw a message on my mail from jobberman that av been shortlisted to write a test after which i was invted for an interview this saturday...how real? anybody with thesame message?
|Jobs/Vacancies / Dba/architecture Computer Warehouse Group Plc - Nigeria by ogedanny: 12:49pm On Nov 27|
Work with Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Administer Database by creating roles,users perform backup and restores
Setup tailored clustering enviroment and replication
Desired Skills and Experience
Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2 and 2012
Windows Server Operating System 2003 and 2008 R2
Writing T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Views and SSIS Packages
Backup and Recovery
High Availability & Disaster Recovery
Security, Auditing and Encryption
ITIL Framework - Incident, Change & Problem Management processes
Support in a 365x24x7 environment
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Ability to negotiate effectively across many tiers of an organisation
Strong Problem Solving and Time Management Skills
Attention to Details
Full details on: http://topmanagersjob.com/unclassified-executive-jobs/dbaarchitecture-computer-warehouse-group-plc-nigeria/
|Literature / Ebonylifetv Is Looking For Writers by ogedanny: 9:20am On Nov 26|
EbonyLifeTV is looking for writers for the African version of Desperate Housewives. Send your resume & sample script to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Jobs/Vacancies / Executive Assistant - PA To CEO by ogedanny: 1:30pm On Nov 25|
Responsible for providing general and confidential administrative duties, support the CEO in ensuring smooth daily operations. The EA will be required to deal with very sensitive information and will be expected to have judgment/analytical skills and maturity when handling tasks.
Assist the CEO on various important and sensitive administrative functions.
Arrange and coordinate meetings, conferences and other company related events and activities.
Record and manage all sensitive and important information.
Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
Liaising with clients, contractors and other staff;
Performed other duties as assigned by the CEO .
· First degree in Arts, Business,Administration course with a minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division
· Post Graduate degree in Business or Social Sciences.(added advantage)
· Minimum of 4 years work experience in a similar roles such as Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant , etc.
· Should be a self starter and goal oriented.
· Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Must have good knowledge of MS Office applications
· Must have good telephone manners and etiquette
· Must be able to multi-task
· Must possess good time management and presentational skills
Compensation: Highly competitive
Forward a detailed copy of your resume to email@example.com
Discover new job opportunities & Get hired faster on http://topmanagersjob.com/
|Investment / Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 11:01am On Nov 25|
|Investment / Five Sources Of Start-up Ideas by ogedanny: 11:57am On Nov 23|
Does anyone dispute that 2013 has been the year of the tech company? LinkedIn has surged over 100%. Twitter and Zulily popped more than 70% and 80% respectively on the day of their recent IPOs. Even Facebook’s stock, once completely out of favor, has doubled in value over the past six months.
As prices of internet bellwethers reach stratospheric levels, more people are being enticed to start companies than ever before. Just one example: Roughly 16% of Stanford’s MBA Class of 2011 chose to start their own companies at graduation, eclipsing the previous high of 12% during the dot-com bubble.
That’s great for them. But as I’ve discovered recently, there are still countless more would-be entrepreneurs looking for a lightbulb moment before beginning their quest for fulfilling work, an independent agenda, and the potentially life-changing financial outcome that a start-up promises. In fact, when I interviewed my peers looking to become founders, the number one reason holding people back was the lack of a suitable idea. One remarked, “I have been working all my life, so funding isn’t a problem. I just don’t have any good ideas.” Said another: “I would start my own company tomorrow if I had an idea worth quitting my job for.”
To inspire the idealess, I’ve spent the past month investigating exactly where successful founders got their revelations. I surveyed 50 entrepreneurs at three different stages (pre-funding, growth, and acquired/gone public) and conducted detailed follow-up interviews with 15. Given that 90% of all ideas raised fit into one of the categories below, there’s a pretty good chance your next big thing will appear in the list.
Here are the top five sources of start-up ideas:
1. I experienced a pain point in my life and wanted to solve it. By far the most popular source of ideas among respondents was a frustration that the founder experienced in his or her personal life. Ever wonder how much your own problems might be worth? Ask Kent Plunkett, who founded Salary.com when hiring a secretary and finding himself unsure of what to pay. After building the world’s largest compensation information database, Kent eventually took the company public in 2007 at a valuation of $175M.
2. I met someone talented, and we started a company together. If you’re interested in starting a company, look at those around you, specifically at your workplace or school. Others have cautioned against starting companies with business school friends as a strategy for eventual success, but the data care to differ. Of the 39 companies started since 2003 and valued at over $1B by private or public market investors, almost half were started by founders who met at school. Close proximity of like-minded individuals seems to be a key catalyst for surfacing new ideas. Cofounders Corey Capasso, Andrew Fereneci, and Dan Reich first met at the University of Wisconsin, starting Spinback together many years later before the company was acquired by Buddy Media in 2011.
3. I have a special skill or passion, and I turned it into a business. Spend an hour conducting a written personal skills and passion inventory, and your next idea might be staring back at you. The founders in this category were intensely self-aware and looked for innovative ways to turn their work experience and hobbies into full-fledged businesses. Alexa von Tobel combined her passion for helping Millennials with her skill of articulating complex financial matters to start and raise more than $40M for LearnVest, an online financial planning company.
4. After working in an industry for a long time, I saw a customer need. Think your years slaving away at a corporate job will amount to nothing but a partially adequate 401(k)? If you use the experience to think hard about your customer’s unmet needs, you might be on the road to riches. The founders in this category worked in or around an industry for many years before starting a company directly related to that industry. Francois de Lame and Jennifer Fitzgerald amassed extensive experience in, and knowledge of, the personal insurance industry before starting KnowItOwl, an innovative online personal insurance navigator.
5. I researched many ideas and eventually narrowed it down to one. Savvy individuals are leveraging new sources of information, such as Quora and Hacker News, to conduct “top-down” research and use a data-driven process of elimination to arrive at a single business idea. Many were also very sophisticated in tracking proven business models and companies, with the goal of identifying breakout hits and applying them to new geographies. Founders Kimball Thomas and Davis Smith saw the value of taking the Diapers.com model to Brazil. Their latest goal? To hit $1B in revenue in the next few years.
So what does this mean for your inner “wantrepreneur” looking to hit it big? If you’re stuck pining to start, stop. Instead, extract start-up ideas from the fertile sources around you, and begin conducting small experiments to validate your hypotheses. Keep your head down and your momentum up, and with a little luck, you might just be onto the next big thing.
|Investment / Re: Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 11:55am On Nov 23|
Please how do i register with them and get started immediately?
|Investment / Have You Invested In Firstbank Money Market Fund? Share Your Experience by ogedanny: 5:32am On Nov 23|
I am interested in dumping my monthly savings in FBN Capital Money Market Fund, pls share your experience and suggestions, is it profitable considering our single-digit inflation rate at 8pcnt.
Do you have 5yrs+ Experience? Discover new opportunities & get hired faster! visit http://www.topmanagersjob.com
|Career / Re: Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers by ogedanny: 5:10pm On Nov 21|
hmmm.....Nice Post and great advice for Job Seekers
|Jobs/Vacancies / Chief Financial Officer Spark.ng - Nigeria by ogedanny: 10:06am On Nov 01|
The Role: to take responsibility for the complete finance function for the businesses operations. As the business continues to expand, the individual will be involved in accurate and timely financial reporting working closely with other members of the senior management team. Automation of the accounting functions will be a key focus in the short term, as well as developing policies and procedures to support the planned expansion. The Position will also play a crucial role in appraisal of new investment and operational projects and will lead any subsequent M&A activities to bring new businesses to the group.
You will be required to:
Ø Assist the COO in the overall financial management of a continuously growing organization by developing appropriate analytical tools to proactively drive business results.
Ø Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities including revenue/expense and balance sheet report as well as tax returns.
Ø Assist the COO in the preparation of all board reports including financial statements and forecasts.
Ø Provide financial advice to other key members of the organisation such as the business development team if required.
Ø Design and manage financial processes, controls and accounting systems to assure accurate and timely financial reporting
Ø Actively manage the company’s’ balance sheet activities ensuring all operational and strategic evaluations are made with careful consideration given to the short, medium and long-term financial health of the business.
Ø Oversee the financial aspects of all significant contract negotiations including but not limited to leases, suppliers, NDA, s, performance agreements and license purchases.
Ø Facilitate timely and efficient audit completion by working closely with our accounting firm on all national and global accounts audits and tax planning matters.
Ø Ensure availability of adequate cash flow to meet the company’s needs.
Ø Investigate cost effective benefit plans which the company may offer existing and potential employees with the goal of attracting and retaining qualified individuals
Ø Oversee the accounts payable and receivables activities and ensure a disaster recovery plan is
Ø Be an energetic and pragmatic target orientated team player with strong communication and people management skills.
Ø Self-motivated and able to work independently
Ø Have strong interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
Ø Target orientated and solutions driven
Full details on:
|Business / Re: Nairaland Forum And Linda Ikeji's Blog Merger by ogedanny: 5:42pm On Oct 28|
no correlation at all
|Adverts / Baba Ijebu Winning Numbers - FREE Betting Forum by ogedanny: 5:35pm On Oct 28|
We have created a social forum for you to share your bankers and see what numbers Nigerians are betting on!
visit www.pinbok.com to Register for FREE!
|Business / Football & Babe Ijebu Betting Forum In Nigeria - Share Picks & Make Money - FREE by ogedanny: 5:22pm On Oct 28|
First Football Betting Sites in Nigeria
Baba Ijebu Winning Numbers.
Welcome to http://www.PinBok.com, Nigeria First Football & Lotto Betting Discussion Forum. Sign in with your FACEBOOK & TWITTER. It's FREE to Join, share bet picks, meet other football lovers and learn how they make money!
|Sports / Football & Babe Ijebu Betting Forum In Nigeria - Share Picks & Make Money - FREE by ogedanny: 5:08pm On Oct 28|
Welcome to http://www.PinBok.com, Nigeria First Football & Lotto Betting Discussion Forum. Sign in with your FACEBOOK & TWITTER. It's FREE to Join, share bet picks and make money!
|Sports / Re: Vincent Enyeama - I Can Be The Best In The World by ogedanny: 4:21pm On Oct 28|
Join Nigeria First Football and Lotto betting Forum on http://www.pinbok.com
|Phones / Re: Warning To All (Used) iPhone Buyers by ogedanny: 5:14pm On Oct 25|
|Violent/Disgusting Non-Celebrity Crimes / Re: Teenage Driver Kills Toddler In Lagos by ogedanny: 4:10pm On Oct 25|
hmmm...RIP...So so unfortunate!
Do you have 5yrs+ Experience? Visit http://www.topmanagersjob.com
|Career / Re: Quickbooks Training For Job Seekers With FREE Laptop For Guide by ogedanny: 3:57pm On Oct 11|
Registration is still on!
|Career / Quickbooks Training For Job Seekers With FREE Laptop For Guide by ogedanny: 5:58pm On Oct 08|
Call 08084219399 for more information.
|Career / Re: Accounting Software Training & Certificate Class For Job Seekers by ogedanny: 9:32am On Oct 08|
you dnt think like that...its a certificate class geared towards job seekers - just 7k5 with free laptop to learn with.
|Career / Accounting Software Training & Certificate Class For Job Seekers by ogedanny: 8:34am On Oct 08|
Get are overview of learning QuickBooks in our Training courses and Certificate classes here in Lagos, Nigeria.
Introduction to QuickBooks Accounting
QuickBooks Accounting is a complete business solution accounting software that makes it easy for business to record daily transactions, track its finance, manage cash flow and generate financial report instantly.
Here are the benefits of QuickBooks Certificate Training with Magnet Consulting Associates Limited:
Our Training leads a direct path to QuickBooks Accounting Certification.
QuickBooks is an International Accounting Software Package used across the Globe in all the major sectors of an economy. You will get the skill in QuickBooks and effectively work in any sector.
You will pass the huge requirement to become a Technology Accountant.
QuickBooks Accounting Software being a SME and business focus product and an affordable package has increased business profits by over 200% year on year and driven the need of more technology driven accounting staff. You will stand on the successes of QuickBooks in developed and developing economy and gain global acceptance as a skilled accounting officer.
QuickBooks Accounting targets Industries in all verticals, which makes you to be acceptable or sought-after in all industries- from Financial Service, Manufacturing, Real Estate, and Telecommunication among others.
Career Option for Participants
QuickBooks Functional Consultant: Responsible for Accounting software solution implementation in industries as well as responsible for customization in accounting solution according to the industry need
QuickBooks Technical Consultant: Responsible for customization QuickBooks solution according to the industry need.
QuickBooks Sales Consultant: Responsible to suggest QuickBooks to industries.
QuickBooks Support Consultant: Responsible to take care of entire QuickBooks system in industry after implementation.
Career Advantage for Participant
You will join the league of most sort- after and highly employable Accounting graduates in Nigeria
If you have more questions on how we can help you become a QuickBooks professional, send your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 08084219399
|Politics / Re: Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate by ogedanny: 11:08am On Oct 03|
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio writing webmasters programming techmarket