|Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 1173226 members, 1483119 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 December 2013 at 08:18 PM
|Politics / Re: Let's Go To Court - SaharaReporters Dares GEJ by sammyzacks(m): 3:42am On Nov 24|
I wonder o, why must abati respond to sahara in the first place? That was going down too low
|Politics / Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by sammyzacks(m): 7:04am On Nov 11|
My Igbo friends who are mad with Gowon should understand that:
1. The war was truely not about Biafra or the Igbos, but about Ojukwu and his ego.Ojukwu might have been many things but definitely not hero or a good leader of his people.
2. Gowon tried everything to avoid the war. Most of us if in his shoes would do everything possible to make sure Nigeria never disintegrate under our command as head of state.
3.ironsi, kaduna and even zik all believed in Nigeria.
4.Gowon is not evil, he acted as a military commander under the circumstance. His background as a child and as an adult was and is totally Christian. If you listen to his speeches during the war, you will see his good heart.even after the war he started Nigeria on a just path and never stole money for himself.Till today his morality is intact.
|Politics / Re: Gowon - God Took Abacha, Abiola Away To Save Nigeria by sammyzacks(m): 1:35pm On Nov 10|
Gowon is truly a hero.most of you hate him because of the civil war. But Ojukwu gave him No other option. The same Ojukwu ran away leaving his people to suffer. Gowon was sincere and not corrupt as a leader. There is no nigerian leader that match his morality, even Buhari.
|Jobs/Vacancies / Re: NERC Recruitment: What's the update? by sammyzacks(m): 6:42am On Nov 05|
Secretary position were interviewed 4th November in Abuja.
|Politics / Re: News Breaking!! Another Oga On Top Emerge From Anambra State-video by sammyzacks(m): 6:51am On Nov 02|
But whats wrong with his response?
|Politics / Re: Stella Oduah Armoured Car Scandal House Committee Hearing (2) – Live Update by sammyzacks(m): 7:15pm On Oct 31|
Reps have found a soft landing for madam. Its another "farouk".
|Politics / Al-mustapha’s Southern Kaduna Allies And The Verdict Of History by sammyzacks(m): 6:11am On Oct 29|
Center for Development and Rights Advocacy
1. On Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st March 2013, indigenous hilly billy people of Attakar in Kaura Local Government of Kaduna State were assaulted and sacked from their homes by gunmen to Internally Displaced Persons camps in Fadan Attakar and other villages. The world was denied knowledge of this until Center for Development and Rights Advocacy’s visited to the camps on 2nd April 2013. Our visit was followed by Kaduna State Government and its SEMA, NEMA, Members of House of Representatives from Southern Kaduna Senatorial Zone, and other Southern Kaduna based groups.
2. The scale of inhumanity and photos of women and children in camps, forced CEDRA to write the body charged with monitoring of human rights abuses in Nigeria on (Nigeria Human Rights Commission). CEDRA’s report encompassed photos of victims and interviews of emergency camps managers. All members of National Assembly from the zone and Chair of National Assembly on Human Rights were given the same report. National Human Rights Commission and all those copied have acknowledged our report.
3. It will take the sagacity of a Native Authority trained statistician to know the number of subsequent attacks on the surviving villages and persons in Attakar, since the first incidences of 30th and 31st March 2013. However, the victims (represented by ATTAKAR DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION) on 2nd October 2013, told the world the number and dates of assaults and losts by their communities in the following statistics:
(a). 19 & 20 March, 2013 Mafan and Telak: 30 were people killed by “suspected Fulani gunmen”
(b) 21/03/2014 Kirim, Danti, Mayit, Zadian, Dajak, Tinga Mogwai and Dugurag: “This attack left 14 people dead, mostly children. A total if 247 houses were destroyed including 4 churches and 2 schools. Food items and personal proceeds worth over 150 million Naira were destroyed”.
(c). 30/03/2013 Mafan, Muyit & Zilan: 32 people were killed by “gunshots in an attempt to escape the attackers”. All the 3 villages were “completely destroyed with no houses left, including 2 churches and 2 primary schools. 1500 people were displaced…”
(d). 13/95/2013 Zangang District: 13 people were killed, 82 houses destroyed including the District Head’s house, a church and a primary school also burnt. Over 3000 people were displaced.
(e). 2/09/2013 Adu village in Zangang District: “This attack was a surprise to the entire community as this village had accommodated most of the settled Fulani in the land and had enjoyed ‘harmonious living” Effect: “a family of four was completely wiped out, a total of 9 including a Zilan woman killed by a fleeing attacker lost their lives and five people were seriously injured, one later died from serious machete cuts…” This attack came after the killing of two Takad men on 1/09/2013 at Mayit.
(g). 12/09/2013 “Killing of an elderly man and a small girl in Mayit who went to harvest yams on her father’s farm, the sister of the girl suffered serious machete cuts….”
(h). 23/09/2013 Attack on Tajak in Tafan district: “… no life was lost but 50 houses were burnt, foodstuffs and personal property estimated at over 20 million naira were lost”.
(i). 28/09/2013 “Barely three weeks after the the attack on Adu, the people woke up with sad news of another attack in Zangang on 28/09/2013. This time, villages not affected in the first attack in the district were targeted and the local bridge linking the community was destroyed to block any possible intervention. In this attack, 15 people lost their lives, mostly youths of the villages, five people were injured and five houses burnt.
4. (a) From the first occasion of 30th and 31st March 2013 to the last one of 29th October 2013 , Kaduna State government made only two pronouncements which were usual appeal for peace and phantom assurances of finding and prosecuting perpetrators. Seven months down the lane, nobody/ persons has/have been arrested and prosecuted as promised by Kaduna State Government.
(b) On one occasion, suspected terrorist were arrested in a road block near Zankan village after an attack in a VECTRA car with cloths stained with bloods and booth full of arsenals used uphills. Amongst the suspects were two Fulani’s living in Attakar. Initial interrogations shows the local compradors served as guide to the combatants. Because of these important revelations,they were taken to Kaura police station. Late in the evening the car and suspects were taken out of Kaura Village to God knows where. As I write, today, 29th October 2013, nothing has been heard, and they have not been seen in any court of law answering charges of their crimes on our people.
5. As we (CEDRA) are still struggling to make a case for Genocide for these people, with little or no support from Core Northern groups like Arewa Consultative Forum (ACF)and Arewa Elders Forum (AEF), on 26th October 2013, Al-Mistapha and his Southern Kaduna comrades appeared on the scene under the guise of donating relief materials to victims of the series of assaults enumerated herein before.
6. After the ritual of donating relief materials to the people, Al-Mustapha and his Southern Kaduna compradoes assembled Attakar Chief and his people and Fulani settlers communities in a hall for what they dissimulatively labeled A PEACE MEEETING. By this, it therefore means; Al-Mustapha, other groups or persons had a hidden agenda they denied the people the knowledge of. And from all sources ,the clearance they had from the security agencies who told the world a while ago that all occasions involving gathering of people must have clearance from them in the state, was certainly violated.
7. Al-Mustapha, and others executed the second agenda perfect! Because for the first time, settlers whose status and presence we never recognised got their first legitimacy as stakeholders in Southern Kaduna soil. That drilled an opening on the wall for them and gave them the audacity to table their 10 POINT AGENDA( though only three were enumerated).
8. (a) Al-Mustapha ,his Southern Kaduna cohorts , and Fulani representatives bamboozled Attakar community into accepting an invitation to Abuja for a second round of “peace talks”( Another version of Camp David and Oslo). The settlers and representatives of uphills-butchers of Attakar promised that they will enumerate their remaining 7 conditions Abuja. The question is: was the environment they want to claim equal right to, too hot to unveil their other requests? To demonstrate brazen arrogance and hyperactive idiotism, the head of the team promised to foot the bill of the ABUJA SUMMIT. And wool headed Southern Kaduna team under his spell are already thanking him for that act of generosity.
(b) Hope those Southern Kaduna people who went and helped Al-Mustapha will connect with Alfred Nobel’s screening committee to nominate Major Hamza Al-Mustapha ( their man in the mirror or Mandela of Southern Kaduna) for 2013 NOBEL PRIZE FOR PEACE.
QUESTIONS FOR MUSTAPHA AND HIS SOUTHERN KADUNA COHORTS
1. How many of these skirmishes are there in Northern Nigeria that needs similar interventions from them?
2. Why was Southern Kaduna singled out and the first of many trouble spots in the north to be visited by Al-Mustapha?
3. Since when did Al-Mustapha starts hating blood, dead bodies and acts of terror?
4. When is he going to provide relief materials and hold peace meeting between Birom and Fulani in Plateau State, and probably invite them to Abuja for a second leg?
5. When is he embarking on a similar mission to Tafawa Belewa Local Government of Bauchi State and invite them to Abuja for a follow-up jaw jaw?
6. When is he going to see Tiv and Jukun in Taraba State and promise to foot their bills in Abuja for a second meeting?
7. When is he going to sit with Baba Alakyo in Nasarawa State and invite him to Abuja for peace talks?
8. When is going to Yobe, Borno and Adamawa and talk to Boko Haram commanders and local communities they are preying on and invite Imam Shekau and his people to Abuja for further talks?
9. Al-Mustapha was jailed for long and his properties confiscated, who gave him the money for such a cash consuming venture and philanthropic misadventure?
OBSERVATIONS AND WORDS TO Al-MUSTAPHA’S SOUTHERN KADUNA ALLIES
1. You have indeed created history that will go down with you, until His second coming. That history is of providing legitimacy to a trans-borders wandering race- whose trademark is vandalism, primitive colonization and usurpation of communities properties and inheritances along their path.
2. Your agreeing to export the so-called peace meeting to Abuja has again eroded our prestige and dignity as a people that acts of terror were committed against and led by the nose by an agent of the perpetrators to a fake peace meeting outside the theatre of the crime.
3. You have dipped your hands into a hive full of stinging bees, walked your fins into the net of the enemy, dragged your legs into his bosom trap, and tightened the noose of repression on your necks. You are surely in, getting out is what we are waiting to see.
4. I prefer you don’t go to Abuja. Not going will only scale down the degree of the damage done on our community and your persons. But will never dust off that gigantic dent from the history of your lives. The Al-Mustapha we know will read the end of meeting communiqué you wouldn’t know the content and how it will be reported to the whole world. CNN, Aljazeera, Fox News, BBC/VOA Hausa and almighty channels are waiting to show your faces embracing agents of representatives of terrorists and messengers of Satan on earth.
5. If you weren’t part of the scheme of Al-Mustapha but victims of his legendary craftiness, you must rush and tell the world your story and distance yourself from him until Christ comes. It is often said silence is golden, on this case, it isn’t. CONCLUSION
It is about time Southern Kaduna people sat down and looked at their very existence in the state and country at large. This living like sheep without a shepherd in a plain full of carnivores must end, if we aspire to preserve this and succeeding generations of Southern Kaduna on earth. We are the only zone which got ample opportunities but squandered them on the altar of wettism, indolence, share wickedness and myopia.
We have just two full moons away from an election year, yet, we still don’t have a political agenda. All we see are opportunistic cream and demented set of political class whose best action is dashing of mandates without extracting any deal from beneficiaries of their action. You don’t read their advertorial when serious issues facing our very existence are up, only when they want to endorse inept or corrupt governments.
The same troop is supported by a strong gerontocratic block- whose only lethal cards is threat of cursing young progressive minds who are resisting their refusal to quit the playing field to the spectators seats. They hate critical thinkers, hate healthy debates, and hate the truth like biblical Pharaohs. This team have successfully recruited youths whose hearts are dead and incited them against people asking for respect and recognition of our interest in the business of the State and the Nation.
These people want to quiet all voices from the Southern Kaduna to continue to perpetuate their inordinate ambitions of picking crumbs from the table of their masters. Unfortunately, their continued shackling under the myths and realities of yesteryear is boomeranging and exposing their lameness by minute. If wishes were horses, they would have filed an amendment to International, regional and national laws of rights to exclude Southern Kaduna youths from those to withdraw from such pool of rights. We shall continue enjoy those rights irrespective of how long that is making their faces look.
From now henceforth, when they endorse political office holders without consultation and proper assessment of the running political current, we shall counter and walk on the opposite direction. It shall no longer be easy or smooth for them like knife on butter. We shall hurdle their lanes with mines of reason and logic until they understand that they have converted the house to a political Babel where each is speaking his political language.
All these acts of wickedness against the people shall never last forever. Their winter of blackmails will make way for summer of reality. The poor of Southern Kaduna will surely liberate themselves from internal and external oppressors- peacefully. And surely, we shall back the BABYLONIAN RIVER BANK OF KADUNA STATE, and sing the Negro Spiritual of free at last, free at last, thank God am free at last.
Convener, Center for Development and Rights Advocacy (CEDRA)
Kaduna , 28th October, 2013 www.centerfordevelopmentandrightsadvocacy.org
|Politics / Re: Gowon: Ojukwu Acted In A Cowardly Way, Ran Away And Left His People To Suffer by sammyzacks(m): 6:27am On Oct 28|
Gowon was God-fearing and tried everything to avoid the war but Ojukwu was damn stubborn and made his people suffer unnecessarily. I can see the mixed feelings and the resolve of Gowon to integrate back the Igbos into the fold.
I sincerely believe that Gowon is not the enemy of the Igbos, they should check elsewhere but its definitely not a Gowon.
|Politics / Re: Jonathan Being Prayed For By Ministers In Israel by sammyzacks(m): 11:47am On Oct 26|
Like it or not, this is good
|Politics / Re: Today Is The 79th Birthday Of Yakubu Gowon. What Do You Remember Him Of ? by sammyzacks(m): 4:20pm On Oct 19|
So, the level of highway construction during Gowon’s administration has never been matched by any other regime in this country. If you like or you have the fact, you can contradict me. I found two North-South roads Lagos, Ibadan, Ilorin, Jebba, Kaduna, Zaria. Then, Port Harcourt, Makurdi, Jos and all of that.
All these were under Gen. Gowon. Warri, Benin, Auchi, Kotorn Karfi to Abuja. Calabar-Yola-Maiduguri. Gowon’s idea was to have one from Badagry down to Sokoto, which unfortunately, could not be actualised. We planned Lagos to Warri to Sokoto but unfortunately it is still on paper. When I left the ministry in December 1974, most of these roads we took over from the states with their consent, were either completed, going-on or soon to start. That was most of the major projects. That was where most of the money was spent. It was cheap to say the problem of Nigeria was not money but how to spend it. If he actually said that, am not sure he really meant it.
Most of this money was spent on roads. And I’m sure other ministries also carried out their own projects. Only this morning I was going through the list of achievements Gowon administration recorded, which I believe till today have not been surpassed by any other government.
I challenge Obasanjo to tell me five concrete achievements, which Nigerians can remember him for during his time as Head of state 1976 to 1979 or as President 1999 till 2007. He succeeded me as minister of works for about six months before the coup, albeit he had been in government before then.
Is it Babangida you want to talk about? I am talking about concrete things people can remember. The Universal Primary Education was Gowon’s idea. I was there with him in January 1974, I just returned as Amir Hajj when I was asked to join the tour of Sokoto. Race Course Sokoto that was where Gowon declared the policy of free primary education and I was in his cabinet till December. I was in the committee. Later successive administrations only took it from where he stopped. Gowon alongside Enyadema of Togo established ECOWAS.
|Religion / Re: Pls I Need A True Bornagain Christian To Tell Me What Lev:19:19b Means by sammyzacks(m): 8:58pm On Oct 18|
these verses are shadows of things that were to come, and have come with the appearance of Jesus Christ.
God was trying to teach his people sanctification and purity without mingling with the world's system. He was saying: do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.Since the real purpose has been revealed, the shadow has to go. Jesus has fulfilled it.
dont go about leaving your beards untrimmed, and dont insist that your cloth be made from a single material. What you should do is to sanctify yourself to God, say no to sin and do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers.
|Religion / Re: Should Pastors/ministries Sell Their Books And Messages? by sammyzacks(m): 7:13pm On Oct 18|
very interesting topic I must say. Recently I have been thinking about the issue of men of God extorting money from their sheep in diverse guises. Pastors are not CEO's of business ventures.The church is not a biz venture.The desire to be a pastor should not be borne out of material gains.
The gospel should be free. Word of God in whatever format should be free.
Woe to anyone that sells the word in whatever format.
Pastor should rely on free will offerings of christians to support the ministry, not by trading the word for profit.
this scripture accurately describes them:
But there also arose false prophets among the people, as among you also there will be false teachers, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction. Many will follow their immoral ways, and as a result, the way of the truth will be maligned. In covetousness they will exploit you [KJV- make merchandise of you] with deceptive words: whose sentence now from of old doesn't linger, and their destruction will not slumber. 2 Peter 2:1-3 WEB
|Politics / Re: BREAKING: President Goodluck Jonathan Backs Aviation Minister's Purchase Of Two by sammyzacks(m): 6:18pm On Oct 18|
Bros cool down. If you were there don't you think you might see it differently.Leaders are not ordinary citizens and from time immemorial have enjoyed protection. Lets attack issues not personalities.
Kennyblues: Just thinking: How much would it cost to protect the ordinary Nigerian citizen who daily ekes out a living against disasters and terrorist activity...? Would it be 'too high' a cost, Mr. Barrister...?
|Religion / Re: Is It Good For A Good Christian To Eat Sallah Meat by sammyzacks(m): 5:41pm On Oct 18|
bless it and eat.
|Politics / LATEST NEWSJOBS National Conference Will Set North Against South – Shehu Sani by sammyzacks(m): 11:13am On Oct 16|
He is also of the view that the conference is likely to generate “war of words” that will only overheat the polity without addressing the problems of the country.
In a press statement yesterday, Sani described the proposed dialogue as a blackmail and a mischievous political chess game meant to hang the fate of the nation on the continuity of the Goodluck Jonathan’s regime.
The CRC President added that the ‘Goodluck Conference’ will deliver nothing but reports that will neither see the light of the day nor that of the night.
“It’s self deception for anyone to believe that this government will embrace and implement critical views of Nigerians from its conference when the same government has found it difficult to tolerate dissenting opinion from within it’s party and consistently behaved belligerent to the demands of Our university teachers and resident Doctors.”
The activist noted that those who will take the pain to write and submit their volumes of memoranda to the conference will find their memoranda in the belly of termites and bugs or with Akara sellers in Lugbe (a suburb of Abuja).
According to him, it is technically impossible to organise a meaningful and orderly conference at a time when the President and members of the National Assembly and at the same time states governors are out on re-election campaigns next year.
“President Goodluck Jonathan’s government is a bourgeoisie government with a philosophical base, rooted in the preservation of the iniquitous socio economic system and the sustenance of the existing capitalist master-servant relationship,” he said.
|Politics / Re: ‘boko Haram Killed 143, Burnt Over 200 Houses’...... by sammyzacks(m): 6:55am On Sep 20|
Where were the security agents yo protect life and property.
|Politics / Re: Oritsejafor Worst CAN President In Years, Says El-rufai by sammyzacks(m): 10:38pm On Sep 19|
First of all , elrufai as a muslim is not qualified to appraise a christian leader.Allow christians to Judge that by themselves.
Secondly an insult in the president of CAN is an insult on the Christendom in Nigeria.
Thirdly, you have insulted Jesus before, now indirectly insulting Nigerian Christains. The question now is: elrufai why do you have so much towards Christains?
I can bet you the only reason you hate GEJ with a passion js bacause he is a Christian.
|Politics / Re: Amaechi, Akpabio Clash Again At Reconciliation Meeting by sammyzacks(m): 7:27am On Sep 17|
Is it Amechi that is calling Akpabio corrupt? He is a sinking man, an Agboro that loves fight and running away from the main issues. Does amaechi travel at all to see what states like Akwa Ibom and enugu have done?Akpabio is a saint where amechi is.
|Politics / Re: Borno Government Planned Destruction Of 20 Churches Causes Outrage by sammyzacks(m): 10:53am On Sep 09|
Saul! Saul!! Why do you persecute me! Let God arise and His enemies be scattered.
No weapon fashioned the church shall prosper in Jesus Name.
|Religion / Big Church Vs Small Church by sammyzacks(m): 1:05am On Sep 08|
I want us to share this. In terms of impact to the individual and the family, is a big church better or a small church? Some prefer to attend large churches where nobody gets to know them and might never even get
to know the pastor in person. What's your thought?
|Politics / Boko Haram Kills 15 In Borno. by sammyzacks(m): 10:17pm On Sep 05|
Men suspected to be members of Boko Haram storm town of Gajiran in Borno state, killing at least 15, residents say.
Gunmen suspected to be members of the armed Boko Haram group have stormed the northeast Nigerian town of Gajiran, opening fire in a market and killing 15 people, the AFP news agency reported.
Borno state in the northeast, where the latest violence occurred, is a Boko Haram stronghold and has seen a spate of similar attacks on locals in recent weeks.
Residents of Gajiran, speaking to journalists in the state capital Maiduguri, said the gunmen involved in Thursday's attack pretended to be traders attending a local market.
"Some of them came aboard trucks while others came on foot to beat the security checks at the entrance of the town," resident Ibrahim Bulama said.
They then "blended among traders conducting business", before opening fire in the market, killing 15 people, he told reporters.
They also set fire to a local government building and a police post, he said.
Aisami Yusuf, another local speaking to journalists in Maiduguri, also put the death toll at 15 and provided a similar account.
Gajiran is roughly 85km from the state capital
|Politics / Re: 2015 Elections: Jonathan’ll Win Re-election, Says Primate Ayodele by sammyzacks(m): 7:43pm On Sep 05|
Some sense here.
|Politics / Re: PDP Crisis: Jonathan Rejects Obasanjo’s Peace Mission by sammyzacks(m): 6:15am On Sep 05|
Who says Jonathan is not a man?
|Politics / Re: 26 Senators Back Baraje-led PDP Faction by sammyzacks(m): 6:56am On Sep 03|
The only odd people in the list are Judases from Rivers State.
|Politics / Chris Uba Rough Handled At PDP Convention by sammyzacks(m): 2:32pm On Aug 31|
Fighting has broken out at the Anambra state pavilion as some delegates prevents Chris Ubah from taking his seat. He is rough handled in the fight, and security agents are rushing to the pavilion to help calm the situation.
Some delegates said Chris Ubah been suspended and must leave. His supporters on the other hand said he must stay, blows have actually been exchanged here in the Anambra pavilion and shouts of Tony Nwoye is in the air.
|Politics / Re: Suntai Is Incapable Of Administering The State-taraba State House Of Assembly by sammyzacks(m): 3:55pm On Aug 30|
Let the house do the right thing. Their action shows they don't know what they are doing. Are they forensic experts to know that it was not the governor that signed the letter? Or are the medical doctors to say he is not medically fit?
|Politics / Re: ASUU Has Been Politically Infiltrated : federal Government by sammyzacks(m): 7:12am On Aug 27|
I also suspect APC using ASUU as a puppet.
|Politics / Re: Unrest In Bodija Market: Hausa Traders Stock Arms In Mosque ,ready For Showdown by sammyzacks(m): 7:06am On Aug 27|
This is a big blow to the Tinubu-Buhari Alliance.
|Politics / Re: Killing Is Going On In Jos Now by sammyzacks(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26|
|Religion / Re: Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation by sammyzacks(m): 4:06pm On Aug 25|
spicy v:spicy v, its obvious you know Ese one on one.I am sure a person nominated to be on PCU must have been screened by the pastoratre.Why do you think she is unstable? tell me more about this Ese please.
|Religion / Re: Another Revelation By A Female Member Of COZA. by sammyzacks(m): 3:40pm On Aug 25|
C'est moi:and you were a child of God, a church worker? how did you get the mind to do all that as a Christian with a pure heart.or were you sent by Satan to destroy the poor man of God?
|Religion / Re: Pastor Biodun/Coza Replies Ese Walter's Sex Scandal Accusation by sammyzacks(m): 1:11pm On Aug 25|
as long as you ever hope to be great in life, things like this will definitely happen to you. lets learn from the Pastor and never try to join others to condemn him
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio writing webmasters programming techmarket