Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga (2750 Views)

N400m Fraud: EFCC To Quiz New Ooni Of Ife / EFCC To Quiz Olisa Metuh Over N1.4billion Balance In Account / GEJ Rejected My Advice To Quiz Buhari - Azazi : Elombah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Mamajama(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2007
ATTORNEY-GENERAL of the Federation and Justice Minister, Chief Michael Aondoakaa (SAN), has accused American officials of covering up Americans involved in the Wilbros scandal while they are desperate to expose the Nigerians connected with it
He also told reporters last night in Abuja that the United Kingdom (UK) had requested Nigeria’s legal assistance in investigating allegations of corruption against the Chairman of Globacom, Otunba Michael Adenuga (Jnr.).

http://www.vanguardngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2535&Itemid=0

BABANGIDA HERE WE GO.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by iykrion(m): 1:55am On Dec 12, 2007
This confused mamajama will never see beyond his nose.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Depilot(m): 2:31am On Dec 12, 2007
i wished Adenugu was from liberia. he would have been a priceless gift that we need badly at the moment.
thank god things seem to be moving smoothly, but with someone like adenugau in liberia, you guys can forget it. even American would be kissing our behind. we call him mighty man mike.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 8:42am On Dec 12, 2007
Depilot:

i wished Adenugu was from liberia. he would have been a priceless gift that we need badly at the moment.
thank god things seem to be moving smoothly, but with someone like adenugau in liberia, you guys can forget it. even American would be kissing our behind. we call him mighty man mike.

What a shallow input. So celebrating dubious people who cannot give a concise statement as to how they made their money is what you long for in Liberia?
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 12, 2007
Depilot:

you shld be proud of Charles Taylor. grin Leave our Adenugas alone. The crooks will soon find themselves behind bars.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Depilot(m): 3:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
hi mrpataki,

i do not want to sound rude, but have you sat down with adenugua for an interview once in your life. what do you know about the man. i hate speculations, just because the man is not entertaining your stupidity doesn't mean he is a  dubious man. if we have half of his accomplishment in liberia things will be much better for us. in liberia, glo will not only be embraced by all, but will also be seen as the star light of my country. i hope one day a liberian will match the same vision and courage of might man mike. every single companies in liberia is controlled by foreigners and we depend on these people for almost everything. you people do not know what you have. i hope africans will wake up one day and unite as one. destroying one another is more or less destroy the future. i think bill gate went through similar situation few years ago but it did not take too long for america to wake up and fully support this man. they knew chinese and japanese were waiting.

this is a cool forum
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Depilot(m): 3:31pm On Dec 12, 2007
hi davidylan,

you can not compare charles taylor to a man who continues to move your country forward through his businesses, great spirit and courageous drive. charles taylor was a leader who is responsible for the death of many. i will take 2million adenugau anytime and anyday. my nigerian clients seem to see things totally different from the way you guys view things. as a matter of fact, few months ago a famous nigerian soccer player admitted to me that if leaders think like mighty man mike nigeria will be a better place for everybody.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by iykrion(m): 4:53pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Depilot,
I thank you very much for your observations. It is true that some Nigerians will always want to run down others. Otunba Adenuga is being witchhunted because he refused to play politics with his business interest

Adenuga is recently laying optic fibre through the Atlantic Ocean to the UK, which is seen in some quaters as a close rival to the NigComSat which the NITEL has a substantial share, in this light therefore, he must be frustrated.

Actually, what the British Home Office asked of the Attorney General is for a permission to qiuz Adenuga for improper documentaion of telecoms equipment he imported from the UK. On the contrary, the management of Glo has denied importing any equipment from the UK. They said that their technical partners is Alcatel of France, and sometimes in the past, Siemens of Germany.

These professional politicians want to frustrate Adenuga because he could not falsely implicate IBB and Atiku. How does OBJ and his co travellers in the journey of wickedness want Adenuga to claim that IBB has substantial shares in Glo, whereas it's not true?

Adenuga's business interests in the Manufacturing, Banking, Oil & Gas (both down and upstream streams) and Telecommunication sectors employ thousands of Nigerians directly, and give millions of people indirect jobs. This man is investing in our future. How many times will he be accused without any substantiation?

Folks like Mamajama who it's evident that suffer from academic deficiency will quickly publish nonsense. I Challenge him and his co travellers in the world of fantasy to furnish us with facts on Adenuga's corrupt enrichement. Some claim that IBB made him when IBB was the Head of State. I will want them to know that Consolidated Oil & Gas, one of Adenuga's business interests, was incorporated in 1982, IBB was not yet a head of state then.

The Nigerian Attorney General made it known to us that the British Home Office is not accusing Adenuga of corruption but of improper documentation of imported telecoms equipment (which never took place though). I wonder what they want this time from him.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 5:16pm On Dec 12, 2007
@iykrion:
It will be uncivilized for me to even try to match what you've just posted. You've said it all.

Adenuga is not just a regular name; this man has shown not only Africans, but the entire world that when it comes to business, Africans are serious and completely competent.
With all the dirty political games, the man continues to prosper higher and higher; I guess, it is true that when one is blessed with wisdom and great vision, enemies can only try, but they will never succeed; infact, they will fall face down.

I just hope and pray that his great spirit and magnificent drive to take Africa to the next level remain unblemished.

Like mike, I want to be like mike!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 5:28pm On Dec 12, 2007
Depilot:

hi mrpataki,

i do not want to sound rude, but have you sat down with adenugua for an interview once in your life. what do you know about the man. i hate speculations, just because the man is not entertaining your stupidity doesn't mean he is a dubious man. if we have half of his accomplishment in liberia things will be much better for us. in liberia, glo will not only be embraced by all, but will also be seen as the star light of my country. i hope one day a liberian will match the same vision and courage of might man mike. every single companies in liberia is controlled by foreigners and we depend on these people for almost everything. you people do not know what you have. i hope africans will wake up one day and unite as one. destroying one another is more or less destroy the future. i think bill gate went through similar situation few years ago but it did not take too long for america to wake up and fully support this man. they knew chinese and japanese were waiting.

this is a cool forum

Seriously keep to your Liberian issues. In the meanwhile keep on celebrating people who cannot give an exact details of how he got his wealth.

Now that it is the UK that wants to quiz him, does Obasanjo have a hand in it? When this same Obasanjo was interrogated in UK as well, some months back! Is the EFCC responsible for the quizzing of Adenuga in UK?

This african mentality of ''na my brother dey do me'', Lawd have mercy.

Some Nigerians are backward in thinking. What a shame!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 5:39pm On Dec 12, 2007
In the meanwhile keep on celebrating people who cannot give an exact details of how he got his wealth.

@Mrpataki:

Usually you tend to disappear when folks tackle your post.

Questions for you:
Have you personally asked Adenuga to give an exact details of how he got his wealth or have you witnessed him being asked to give the details of his wealth?
Do your folks at home have mobile phones?

I look forward to your answers.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 5:43pm On Dec 12, 2007
Posted by Mrpataki:
Seriously keep to your Liberian issues.
Absolutely not a sensible statement.

This is simply a forum, which is open to everybody to learn, share and connect. It is very important to always comport ourselves as adult and respect one another, regardless of where you may be from.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2007
Big B1:

@Mrpataki:

Usually you tend to disappear when folks tackle your post.

Question for you:
Have you personally asked Adenuga to give an exact details of how he got his wealth or have you witnessed him being asked to give the details of his wealth?
Do your folks at home have mobile phones?

I look forward to your answers.

I can see you derive pleasure in ferreting for baseless points that have no co-ordination to issues being addressed. This is the second time you will direct stupid questions to my person on this forum.

I do not disappear when questions are directed at me, for your information, I have duly addressed the stupid questions you asked me on the Sudan teacher thread.

How many times do you read newspapers, to read interviews done on Mike Adenuga? Has he ever come out to explicitly state how he came about his wealth? He may be using his wealth for development of the nation, but accountability beholds on him to be sincere and honest for once in life.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 5:56pm On Dec 12, 2007
ok mrpataki,
you can now move on; you seem to be smelling yourself too much today.
I truly want to keep things positive as much as possible, but I thank you for your magnificent reply.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 5:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
How many times do you read newspapers, to read interviews done on Mike Adenuga?

You mean, how many times do I read Nigerian newspaper

What a joke!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 6:00pm On Dec 12, 2007
Big B1:

Posted by Mrpataki:Absolutely not a sensible statement.

This is simply a forum, which is open to everybody to learn, share and connect. It is very important to always comport ourselves as adult and respect one another, regardless of where you may be from.

Mr Non sensible statement,

As you rightly stated this is a forum, and the onus is on me to be personally entitled to my opinions not minding whose ox is gored. I am not here to make you happy nor aggravate your stupidity. cool
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:04pm On Dec 12, 2007
Absolutely zero material and definitely not ready.

May be we should call you, Mrpataki alias Nigerian newspaper.

FYI:I don't need Nigerian newspapers to educate me.
Even if you want, I can come up with a nice story totally dedicated to Mrpataki on Nigerian Tribune tomorrow morning.

You're a joke!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:07pm On Dec 12, 2007
@Alias Nigerian newspaper:
By the way, do your folks at home have mobile phone?
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 6:08pm On Dec 12, 2007
Big B1:

Absolutely zero material and definitely not ready.

May be we should call you, Mrpataki alias Nigerian newspaper.

FYI:I don't need Nigerian newspapers to educate me.
Even if you want, I can come up with a nice story totally dedicated to Mrpataki on Nigerian Tribune tomorrow morning.

You're a joke!

And you my dear Nigerian, grin

You are a pratical waste of time!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:13pm On Dec 12, 2007
Pretty soon this same Adenuga will make it possible for you to directly connect to your folks at home from Netherlands.

What a blockhead!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 6:21pm On Dec 12, 2007
Big B1:

Pretty soon this same Adenuga will make it possible for you to directly connect to your folks at home from Netherlands.

What a blockhead!

Assumption on baseless facts is the mother of foolishness in respect to your case.

Regards.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:24pm On Dec 12, 2007
Assumption on baseless facts

Just look straight in the mirror, Mr Nigeriannewspaper!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:28pm On Dec 12, 2007
And say hello to your cousin, MAMAJAMA. I guess it is true that blood is thicker than palmwine, I see a lot of resemblance
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by mrpataki(m): 6:36pm On Dec 12, 2007
If no one has told, I will tell you now tongue

You stink in ignorance. You have got big brains--- Big B1, but with nothing worth intellectual substance to be retained in it.

Afford yourself some time to read articulate writeups from pundits. And there are intellectuals of such within the context of Nigerian newspapers, if it is too expensive to buy, you can easily read it on the internet. wink

Polluting the forum with intellectual jargons worth the price of nothing is an eyesore, and aggravates headaches. grin
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 6:57pm On Dec 12, 2007
Anything else?
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 7:19pm On Dec 12, 2007
am I suppose to be upset by your post?

My friend, why don't you do yourself and your entire village a favor and go somewhere?
Again, I prefer to keep this topic simple and positive.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by iykrion(m): 8:01pm On Dec 12, 2007
mrpataki:

How many times do you read newspapers, to read interviews done on Mike Adenuga? Has he ever come out to explicitly state how he came about his wealth? He may be using his wealth for development of the nation, but accountability beholds on him to be sincere and honest for once in life.

@mrpataki,
Please go through this statement of yours again, and tell me with every sincerity left in you, if you are being sensible at all. I will also advise that you read other versions of the news or better still, read the Attorney General's press statement on this issue, because the source where Mamajama got his story misqouted the Attorney General.

Finally, if 40% of wealthy Nigerians invested their wealth in Nigeria like Adenuga did, trust me you won't be in another man's country struggling to make ends meet.

Try to see the truth the way it is, and not the way it should be. There's nothing to suggest that Adenuga stole to become rich. He started very early in life, so let him enjoy the fruits of his labour in tranquility.
Cheers! cool
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by Depilot(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2007
hi mrpataki,

if newspaper is the only source you have as you have stated, then you are in real trouble. you will not survive for more than a week in liberia. action speaks louder than inaccurate and for sale stories in most african newspapers. once again, not to be rude, i expected a lot more from you but you seem to be lacking tangible info to back your baseless assumption. During the war in liberia, newspapers all over africa were all incorrect and i learned from then to not always rely on info from the newspaper. like iykrion stated earlier, stop hating, stop the baseless propaganda and allow the man to enjoy what he has spent his life working for. also as per big1's comment to you, you shouldn't turn this into a fight instead you should be more attentive and realize that the man is making the impossible to happen in africa. remember that africa supposed to be a fruitless jungle and a land of deadly disease. we must understand that we are the only enemy africa has and unity is the only hope for us, africans. mighty man mike will be forever cherished in my country despite of what the politicians say. afterall, it is their job the man is getting done.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by iykrion(m): 1:41am On Dec 13, 2007
Mamajama, you see what your intellectual deficiency is resulting into? Your smartness does not even transcend the lowest level of stupidity.

I can't help wondering if you interact with enlightened people on one-on-one basis at all. Do you? Of a truth I admire your desire to contribute to political discourse, but you see, it is not meant for every body. Please go back to school, by God's grace, in the next 8 - 10 years, you may be fit to contribute academically, depending on how fast you can learn.

I'll keep praying that God gives you a retentive memory.
Good luck!
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by chidichris(m): 6:27am On Dec 13, 2007
Mamajama,
it is not just for talking sake but you are really blind.
your mind is really backward.
the most unfortunate thing here is that people just come in on any name and of any age and start discussing issues.
i think the place section or place for u will be the kiddies avenue.
look at how many posts you have on this forum and all have to do with babangida.
if you believe that babangida was that bad and obj was such a nice man, why did obj probe ibb?
it is a common sense that is either ibb is clean or that obj is a bird of the same feather.
sometimes, i want you to reason like a human being instead of an ape.
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by almondjoy(f): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2007
See yappies! Una get bad mouth ooooooooooooooh! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I don't even know where to start.

mrpataki:

Mr Non sensible statement,

As you rightly stated this is a forum, and the onus is on me to be personally entitled to my opinions not minding whose ox is gored. I am not here to make you happy nor aggravate your stupidity. cool

Who send you message? cheesy
Re: Uk Wants To Quiz Adenuga by BigB11(m): 3:32pm On Dec 13, 2007
Just something to share with you guys:

Nigeria: Outsourcing the Rule of Law?
12 December 2007

One of the favourite sayings of the late Moshood Abiola was "The bigger the head, the bigger the headache".

If there is anyone who is likely to agree with MKO's maxim - assuming that his current travails permit him the luxury of such ruminations, it is Mike Adenuga, the powerhouse behind Globacom.

Adenuga is blessed with one of the biggest heads in the land. He is a big man - literally and figuratively. His massive frame is an apt symbol for Globacom, the most impressive of his many exploits in business. Globacom is the second national carrier (actually it is effectively the only one since the tottering NITEL is in no position to lead any field). It has grown exponentially since it obtained its licence in 2002, with a subscriber base that currently stands at 15 million. In the GSM sector which dominates the telecommunications industry, MTN is the only operator in front of Globacom. It has overtaken Celtel, an operator which is making a strong comeback after its early years were blighted by so many paternity cases that it's a wonder it didn't end up on some corporate version of the psychiatrist's couch.

Adenuga has been very smart in positioning his company as the most Nigerian of the GSM operators. Globacom has worked hard to cultivate this image, playing up its "son of the soil" image through its advertising and sponsorship initiatives. Adenuga and Globacom will need every bit of the positive qualities usually associated with the Nigerian resilience, creativity and courage in their latest face-off with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and, by extension, the British Home Office. Just a few days after Adenuga arrived Nigeria from a forced exile which lasted several months, the Attorney-General and Minister of Justice, Mr Michael Aondooka announced that the Home Office had contacted his office with a request for permission to interrogate Adenuga over issues that have to do with importation of equipment by Globacom.

Personally, in a country where many big men have nothing to show for their overblown reputations, I am definitely biased in favour of anyone whose exertions have produced genuine jobs and helped to put food on the tables of thousands of families. For good reason, many Nigerians believe that the raid of Adenuga's home by the EFCC in the run up to the governorship and presidential elections of last April had more to do with politics than anything else. But it was public knowledge that Adenuga was in the bad books of the last administration because of his perceived business ties to ex-VP Atiku Abubakar. In the poisoned political atmosphere of the pre-election season, Adenuga was considered an ingrate by the government. The idea that a beneficiary of the generosity of the government, someone whom the administration had "dashed" the licence for the second national carrier could be consorting with Atiku was unthinkable.

Even if this theory was wrong, EFCC's uncharacteristic silence after the raid on Adenuga's house and his subsequent escape into exile only strengthened the perception that Adenuga was a victim of political intrigues that had nothing to do with the rule of law. The logical conclusion was that Adenuga was left alone because the objective of stopping him from boosting Atiku's electoral war chest had been achieved. Small wonder Adenuga is a hero to many Nigerians. To the goodwill which he earned for being the Nigerian David taking on the South African Goliath (MTN) has been added a lot of public sympathy over the troubles that dogged his steps during the just ended Obasanjo government.

However, beyond the natural sympathy that one feels for a beleaguered compatriot who is also one of the pre-eminent wealth creators in the land, the unfriendly invitation from Britain has thrown up the issue of sovereignty. If there are any grounds for believing that Adenuga and Globacom have flouted any laws then by all means he should be made to face the relevant regulations here in Nigeria. Why didn't the British pass the information they have on to Nigerian law enforcement agencies for the purpose of determining if enough grounds exist to consider further investigation and prosecution? Would the British have cooperated if the situation were reversed?

The smell of racism, subtle but unmistakable, is in the air. By requesting Nigeria to grant access to a citizen who only a few days ago was under the protection of Her Majesty's Government, the overriding impression is that Nigeria cannot be trusted to do the right thing in law enforcement. Some Nigerians would retort that the British are right; after all our incompetence in these and other matters is self evident. That may be true, but the answer to that failure should not be to tell other countries that our citizens are fair game, that Nigerians in their country can be summoned at any time for grilling by the security officials of foreign governments. We might as well throw up our hands, renounce our independence and invite other countries to take over because we have not been able to fix NEPA, run our schools or deliver to our people any of the basic services which citizens of other countries take for granted. Ultimately, we cannot improve our institutions by out sourcing the rule of law to other countries.

Not too long ago, President Thabo Mbeki of South Africa sent an impassioned letter to the Nigerian national assembly in defence of MTN. International conventions notwithstanding, serious countries continue to define and pursue their national interests and priorities. Americans are subsidising wheat and impoverishing Third World farmers in the process, the Chinese are collaborating with the Sudanese government in spite of the genocide in Dafur and the Russians have told the West to keep its nose out of their elections. Breaches of the law should not be condoned but the spirit behind the Mbeki example is definitely worth looking at.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200712120607.html

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Governorship / State Assembly Election Results 2011 / Efcc Declares Ex-gombe Gov, Danjuma Goje, Wanted / My Oga @ The Top Takes Another Turn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.