Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,796 members, 7,806,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Man Of Steel - Superman! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Man Of Steel - Superman! (6280 Views)

Man Of Steel – Movie Review / Man Of Steel / Man Of Steel: Controversy Story And Sneak View Of Man Of Steel 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 9:10am On Jun 20, 2013
that movie is over hype though. but the best I have watched is smallville
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by cooluser: 11:04am On Jun 20, 2013
The movie disappointed a bit but worthy to watch once.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 11:09am On Jun 20, 2013
Mynd_44:
If someone can say After Earth which I think is the biggest flop ever is better then there is fire on the mountain

Goes to show how the film really is not all that.

yoji: ...

Blanked because the tripe you wrote unfortunately doesn't warrant a response.

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
no doubt this is the best superman movie ever. FORGET THE HYPE

anyone who says this movie isn't interesting is either not a superman fan or is a plain sadist undecided

#IMHO
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Bawss1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
^

Or maybe they haven't eaten. smiley
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by khanivorous(f): 1:43am On Jun 21, 2013
^ taaaaaaaaaa
I love superman and batman more than any other

But this superman suck...jim iyke will act it better than bladdy henry cavill

Na so dey carry the fool go hype immortals finish

Infact, I have FLAGGED him...any movie from him would be scrutinized , quarantined and tagged

Nonsense
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 1:45am On Jun 21, 2013
Make up your mind na. Should I watch or not?

I don't want to have the same experience I had with "after Earth" where I wasted my money ooo
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 12:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mynd_44: Make up your mind na. Should I watch or not?

Did you initially want to watch it? If "Yes" then that is your answer. No matter how good or bad a person says a film is; if I had already wanted to watch it - I will - and then I'll make my own mind up - (You never know why they didn't like it).

Personally I will be seeing this again at a time when the cinema is nearly empty and during the daytime. However, it is still not anywhere near as interesting as the hype!
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by ijebabe: 4:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
As a Superman fan I recommend anyone to watch it. Just once will do grin

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mynd_44: Make up your mind na. Should I watch or not?

I don't want to have the same experience I had with "after Earth" where I wasted my money ooo

Watch it.. you won't regret
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by pasqal09: 5:59pm On Jun 22, 2013
The movie make sense jor
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 6:12pm On Jun 22, 2013
pasqal09: The movie make sense jor
They said the same thing about "after earth"
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by pasqal09: 7:29pm On Jun 22, 2013
This movies is the best as far as 2013 is concerned
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 22, 2013
Don't bother if you are not a superman fan. #NuffSaid
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by chuksi79(m): 6:26am On Jun 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Feel free to sing along.

Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman la, la, la
Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman
Soon and very soon, we are going to see Superman
It's a man of akpu
it's a man of akpu
We are going to see Superman!

Been singing that for a while now, make dem release am joor
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by pasqal09: 12:16pm On Jun 23, 2013
chuksi79:

Been singing that for a while now, make dem release am joor

Dem don release am
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by drizzypat: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2013
Am watching it ryt now...sef..its quite borring i gotta say..nt through yet sha!.....lets see what happens..
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by dBard: 3:26pm On Jun 23, 2013
Saw it yesterday. Not a bad movie i.m.o. luv how they kept it kinda fresh.
fight scenes were a bit disappointing. too much fly fly like someone said. a bit more grounded brutality woulda bin nice.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by yoji: 6:20pm On Jun 24, 2013
Snyder has definitely re-invented superman in d best way possible the future. I loved the way he tackled his identity crises. I also loved how a lot of emphasis was placed on his original name and his earth name with the S on his chest explained in such a brilliant way that stopped it from bein cheesy. Costner and crowe's performances reminded us of hw good actors they were. And the scenes on a dying planet krypton were jus spendid. And in Zod, they gave us a villain u couldn't blame for actions. Unlike loki in avengers that wanted to ruin earth jus for no reason, Zod had had reasons u could relate to as superman was his target, while earth was collateral damage_brilliant.
Also showin us glimpses of custmes worn by kryptonians wen zod was sentenced made it easy to relate to superman's custume. Re-tellin origin stories is a difficult task and snyder nailed it. In henry cavill, we were given a hero who wasn't faced wit the impossible task of impersonating christopher reeves but given d task to b his own man which he nailed. The only minor let down was dat d movie was serious and humour was @ a premium, but one can't b suprised considerin nolan's involvement.
Am definitely gonna see again to appreciate the other details o missed. But all in all, a really good movie.

2 Likes

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Bawss1(m): 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
Man of Steel was definitely worth my time. A superman movie for a modern audience indeed. I think the fight scenes were a little overdone - all that destruction was a tad over the top seeing as thats what Hollywood does on the regular these days but in general it was great movie. It does set the stage for future superman (and Justice League anyone?) movies to come.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
yoji: Snyder has definitely re-invented superman in d best way possible the future. I loved the way he tackled his identity crises. I also loved how a lot of emphasis was placed on his original name and his earth name with the S on his chest explained in such a brilliant way that stopped it from bein cheesy. Costner and crowe's performances reminded us of hw good actors they were. And the scenes on a dying planet krypton were jus spendid. And in Zod, they gave us a villain u couldn't blame for actions. Unlike loki in avengers that wanted to ruin earth jus for no reason, Zod had had reasons u could relate to as superman was his target, while earth was collateral damage_brilliant.
Also showin us glimpses of custmes worn by kryptonians wen zod was sentenced made it easy to relate to superman's custume. Re-tellin origin stories is a difficult task and snyder nailed it. In henry cavill, we were given a hero who wasn't faced wit the impossible task of impersonating christopher reeves but given d task to b his own man which he nailed. The only minor let down was dat d movie was serious and humour was @ a premium, but one can't b suprised considerin nolan's involvement.
Am definitely gonna see again to appreciate the other details o missed. But all in all, a really good movie.

see person wey appreciate good thing.

+1 like bro
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Nobody: 3:17am On Jun 25, 2013
Two words Henry Cavill!!!!!!!!!!
Where have you been all my life? The last time I saw you was in the count of monte cristo. He is so fineeeee, Jeeez.
Henry Cavil is the hottest man in Hollywood right now. cool cool cool cool
I loved Superman.

1 Like

Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Ignatio(m): 10:37am On Jun 26, 2013
Guess I'll just wait for the DVD version to come out.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by VillageBoi(m): 11:47am On Jun 26, 2013
yoji: And the scenes on a dying planet krypton were jus spendid.

Am definitely gonna see again to appreciate the other details o missed.

The scene on Krypton were some of the best.

I'm also seeing it again at a quieter time.
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 12:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
About to watch it
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by pasqal09: 1:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
They really redefined superman in the movie. Atleast they corrected the identity tin that has always been a problem between superman, clark and lois lane. In the previous versions, how can she b datin superman and have clark kent as a partner in the office and still not knw its the same person? But in the movie, they sorted it out quite well.
But there one flaw tho, he did he shave his beard?
Re: Man Of Steel - Superman! by Mynd44: 3:00pm On Jun 26, 2013
Okay seen it..review later cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Home Viedo Soundtrack / Swing And A Miss: Batman V Superman(dawn Of Justice) / What Anime Are You Watching Now?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.