Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,140 members, 7,807,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:48 PM

NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers (15709 Views)

Inec To Pay Corpers 32,000 For Elections / Lagos State NYSC Batch B 2014 (Stream I&II) / The Good, The Bad And The Ugly Of NYSC Lagos Camp In Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 9:05pm On Jul 25, 2012
While Rivers State is paying her corpers 120k at the end of their service year, Enugu State pays 10k monthly and a couple of other states too. Lagos State is going to pay 15k monthly to only 610 out of 2,747 batch B corpers which are only those under the ministry of special duties(whatever that is). Ok we don't even know how and when they got selected and I think its just not fair on d rest of us considering the stress we Lagos corpers are going through with transportation and all, and 90% of us were posted to govt. organisations where they don't pay u a dime. Besides we are all serving our fatherland so I wonder why some get the state allowance and others dont. Fashola is supposed to be the best Governor in d country but I was very disappointed hearing this. Sad much!
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Nonywendy(m): 6:30am On Jul 26, 2012
anitank: While Rivers State is paying her corpers 120k at the end of their service year, Enugu State pays 10k monthly and a couple of other states too. Lagos State is going to pay 15k monthly to only 610 out of 2,747 batch B corpers which are only those under the ministry of special duties(whatever that is). Ok we don't even know how and when they got selected and I think its just not fair on d rest of us considering the stress we Lagos corpers are going through with transportation and all, and 90% of us were posted to govt. organisations where they don't pay u a dime. Besides we are all serving our fatherland so I wonder why some get the state allowance and others dont. Fashola is supposed to be the best Governor in d country but I was very disappointed hearing this. Sad much!

wia did u get dis fact from?

1 Like

Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Okoya(f): 8:53am On Jul 26, 2012
Annie, take it easy, I dont think it's true, it's jst a rumor.... Dont worry, u'll definitely be paid!
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 8:54am On Jul 26, 2012
Nonywendy:

wia did u get dis fact from?
We were told in camp by the 1st lady of lagos state bt we didn't want to believe it. It was confirmed yesterday at their secetariat when they refuesed to give us the state allowance form
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Gombs(m): 9:36am On Jul 26, 2012
...Under the sun and in the rain,with dedication and SELFLESSNESS...Lmao..When you were singing this song fa?...Cross river na 5k sha...It's well my dear
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by bukahands(m): 3:56pm On Jul 26, 2012
Annie is right, I am also a Lagos corper only 610 corpers will be paid out of like 2000 corpers posted to govt schools, ministry of special duties and standard basic education (primary schools). The whole thing was conspired right from camp, NYSC officials tell corpers to report striaght to their ppa and tell their own candidated to report straight to Alausa ikeja secertariat so they could be among the first 610 corpers and even in alausa the officials their are hurding the form to give it to whom they favour or who can pay them. I am indeed sorry for Lagos and Nigeria as a whole cos I don't see change anytime soon
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 8:26pm On Jul 26, 2012
Yes. We were mislead buts its alright. Since they want corruption, we'll give it to them.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Godschild2(m): 7:49am On Jul 27, 2012
Nawao!...its wasn't like this before now, I wonder what kind of surprise package awaits batch C!
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by eklassical(m): 11:35am On Jul 27, 2012
Op u r complaining,wot of we in imo state that dont get paid a dime...in which evrybdy assume we get state allowee of 20k.. Rht nw im in one village in imo whr my ppa cant even provide accomodation 4corperz.. u shudnt complain o. Atleast u r in lag,whr theres lite,educated pple,u knw wot is happening nt in my own case whr its d reverse..
Jst endure o...n try n enjoy ur service year.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by dajeb(m): 12:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Just tank God 4 ur own o. Me na sokoto I dey wey dem go owe us 4months and pay 2months for just N4000 with wahala and everything. My ppa na one village wey no get light, na well water we dey go fetch, etc.out of 23 staffs na like 6 or 7 dey come skool, only 3 or 4 fit manage to speak eng talkless of students or villagers. Well I tink its because of the number of copers being deployed to lag and the rate of redeployment back to lagos might have caused it. Lagos is the smallest state, pays high state allow,and also have a lot of corpers being posted there. But all d same dey should have just reduce thepay so as to reach everyone

1 Like

Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by CY09: 5:59pm On Jul 27, 2012
I no fit shout!...I wait to see what will happen with Batch C
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Godschild2(m): 7:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
CY09: I no fit shout!...I wait to see what will happen with Batch C
hehehehehheeheehee.....Rotfl....bros!
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by bukahands(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2012
@anitank any news on the payment form, there's been a rumour dat d no will b extended how true is dat
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
bukahands: @anitank any news on the payment form, there's been a rumour dat d no will b extended how true is dat
That's so not true. I was there thruout yesterday and the only people they were attending to are those who came with a complimentary card or letters from a higher office. I had to go to d deputy governor's office looking for who to help me (imagine that). By the time I came back wit my own complimentary card, d commisioner in charge of d allowance forms was already on his way out, that he was tired and needed to rest. Anyway am looking for a job cos no be papa get NYSC
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
eklassical: Op u r complaining,wot of we in imo state that dont get paid a dime...in which evrybdy assume we get state allowee of 20k.. Rht nw im in one village in imo whr my ppa cant even provide accomodation 4corperz.. u shudnt complain o. Atleast u r in lag,whr theres lite,educated pple,u knw wot is happening nt in my own case whr its d reverse..
Jst endure o...n try n enjoy ur service year.
Sori abt all dat stress u're going tru because of this stup!d NYSC. Its honestly not worth it.I won't have a problem if they say they won't pay us because yes, am in lagos and can always find sometin else to make up for it. My problem is why they wld pay some people witout paying others. Its annoying. Isn't it d same work everybody is doing?
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 1:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Gods-child:
Nawao!...its wasn't like this before now, I wonder what kind of surprise package awaits batch C!
Am sure they wld have re-adjusted by then......I hope
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by amos4real(m): 12:10am On Jul 29, 2012
I beleive that before november, governor fashola would hav change the allawi to 20k pa month, because of we batch c.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 01, 2012
You guys should be lucky, Rochas Okorocha of IMO state doesn't pay a kobo. You will only serve your fatherland, while frustration & hunger will serve you. And he will go on TV & lie he's paying 20k.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Godschild2(m): 4:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
melojames: You guys should be lucky, Rochas Okorocha of IMO state doesn't pay a kobo. You will only serve your fatherland, while frustration & hunger will serve you. And he will go on TV & lie he's paying 20k.
Nawao!...are you serious??...And a friend just told me that they pay 5k!...He was trying to convince us that the state is okay!
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by mtim14(m): 4:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
Still......majority still want to serve in Lagos. Nawa o
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by d33jy85: 5:44pm On Aug 10, 2012
Lag beta pass Abj... Only 400 copas will b paid in Abj
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Man51ut(m): 11:37pm On Aug 11, 2012
lol, keep telling yourself it's a lie. i think only 600 people are being paid in batch A.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by moshoodn(m): 7:55pm On Aug 12, 2012
Thats.gross
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by dadicvila(m): 8:03am On Aug 16, 2012
Moderators front page please,the world should know the fraudsters most of our governors have become and intending corp members should also be informed so they wunt rush to to most of these states where the allowee is only but a mirage
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Krest247: 11:50am On Aug 16, 2012
Aside the state govt pay, does the place of deployment pay you also? I will be going with batch c, is serving in lagos expensive?
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by anitank(f): 9:15pm On Aug 17, 2012
Krest247: Aside the state govt pay, does the place of deployment pay you also? I will be going with batch c, is serving in lagos expensive?
Its not very expensive if u have someone stayin in lag. The only challenge u'd have is transportation, especially during registration period. U'd be lucky if u get posted to somewhere close to ur house but if not, u can ask for reposting which they always do
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Man51ut(m): 12:53am On Aug 19, 2012
Krest247: Aside the state govt pay, does the place of deployment pay you also? I will be going with batch c, is serving in lagos expensive?

state allawee and ppa money are the same thing basically. they'll prolly post most of you guys to schools like they did batch us batch As. it will now depend on whether the school/district will have money to pay you. hint: they won't. try and get posted to a private school sha. if you work in the local govts or some ministries, there is a chance you'll get paid. apparently they promised to pay my gf who is serving in ministry of justice.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by lambalamb(m): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2012
Man_51ut:

state allawee and ppa money are the same thing basically. they'll prolly post most of you guys to schools like they did batch us batch As. it will now depend on whether the school/district will have money to pay you. hint: they won't. try and get posted to a private school sha. if you work in the local govts or some ministries, there is a chance you'll get paid. apparently they promised to pay my gf who is serving in ministry of justice.

Bros, is it true that they still post Corpers to private companies in Lagos state?
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by bukahands(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2012
NO PRIVATE companies only PRIVATE school except ur mama na state coordinator
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Nobody: 3:08pm On Sep 09, 2012
Pls mind wat u spell out here all for the sake of mkin a point. Imo state ppl re educated and evn among the 1st educationally developed states in Nigeria. For the fact ur character or how u relate wt d ppl at were u re doin ur ppa does not mean d ppl re timid like were ever u hail from in Nigeria. Go to places like Ahiazu LGA & others u ll see how corpers re enjoying dem slfs. If u tlk abt d govt nt paying stick 2it n dnt ever in ur life say ppl in Imo re nt educated and accommodated. You re warned.

1 Like

Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by Xxpress(m): 12:18pm On May 29, 2013
i hope this not the case again. I want to serve in lagos Batch b 2013.
Re: NYSC Lagos State To Pay Only 610 Corpers by bukahands(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2013
It is still happening, happened to batch C 2012 and A 2013, just make sure u pray and be at d right place at d right time

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why The Rising Cases Of COVID-19 In NYSC Camps? NYSC Reacts / Corper Musa Bello Launches Distress Call Mobile Application In Minna / Shuaibu Ibrahim: I Will Rather Die Than Lose One Corps Member — New NYSC DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.