Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,400 members, 7,781,156 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:01 AM

Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy (2495 Views)

*help* How Can I Retrieve My Locked Account From Godaddy / Please Someone Should Help Me Get A Domain Name From Godaddy / I Want To Register Domain From Godaddy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by channel801(f): 6:46am On Jul 26, 2012
Hi everyone, I got really bad news! Both my domain names FamousBloggers.net and ThesisAwesome.com has been stolen today 25th July 2012. These domains was under my GoDaddy.com account, and I can not longer find them. That wasn’t really a good moment!

How I knew about this?

I fist knew about this when the person who stolen my domain names emailed me offering to sell them back to me! (can you believe that?)

At the beginning -when I first open that email- I thought it’s a spam or some crazy guy emailing me, but nope! That was the domain thief offering me to pay him to get my domain names back, here is what he said in his email (at 06:33 pm – 25th July 2012):

Subject: FAMOUSBLOGGERS.NET and THESISAWESOME.COM are for sale

Hello,

I recently purchased FAMOUSBLOGGERS.NET and THESISAWESOME.COM
That seems you was the old owner of those names.
I want to sell those names, and I just want to check it you want to buy them.
About the payment method and price add me in yahoo messenger (bb.admanager) or get back to this email
Transaction can be done very fast.

Regards

I was shocked when I didn’t find both domains in my GoDaddy.com, I also didn’t get any email notification from GoDaddy about domain transfer.

So, I called GoDaddy support (4805058877) at 06:38 pm – 25th July 2012. They couldn’t help me on phone that much, but they support guy checked my account and told me that a person hacked my account, logged in and made a 24 quick domain transfer to another account (of course, he didn’t tell me more details), and basically he can’t solve it (and no body else can solve it on phone) and he gave me a link to a web form to fill a Request for Dispute on Transfer Away.

So, I filled that form, and now I am waiting for their respond, they say expect respond in 2 business days.

The interesting thing is the guy emailed me again with this (at 6:49 pm – 25th July 2012):

Subject: reasonable price

999 USD for both.
This is you very reasonable price and if decide to buy them right now you experience minimum down time.
make your decision and get back to me.

What should I say?! (I really don’t have words)

The domains are not registered under my name anymore, you can see by yourself if you make a WHOIS search. It will retrieve the registrant name as “Anri Tepelikyan”, here is a link for more details.

I can see that the registration service provided by Active-Domain LLC, So I’ve contacted them and explained all what happened, and still didn’t get respond.

How can you help me out?

I just want all my friend and fellow bloggers to know this is happening right now, and I won’t let go these domain names, I will get them back no matter what… It’s just a matter of time.

I need everyone to know so they simply save their time and money and don’t buy these domain names and get involved in a painful situation.

Please, help me spread the word out…

http://zebida.com/main/domains-stolen/
Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by utimatedes(m): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2012
I haven't encountered this kind of problem and I really feel for you. I will do some research and see how I can help.

You will get the best help if you use www.webhostingtalk.com Just post the same post there and you will get quick replies.

Your registrar should be the one to really help.

Godaddy suck! They should sent you message to confirm that you are the one transferring the domain and also click on a link before it can be transferred.
Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by Nobody: 8:19am On Jul 26, 2012
OP are you sure the domain name`s tenure hasn`t expired.
Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by qasim2000: 9:04am On Jul 26, 2012
exact same thing happened with us. can't disclose the domain name publicly, as we are a pretty big site and exploring legal options, but this bb.admanager guy is asking us for $1800.

godaddy is too slow to respond. other registrar can't act until godaddy raises a complaint. we also have a trademark, so we will try other options. keep us posted.
Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by Widow(m): 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2012
Thats one of the reasons I prefer a local registrars and hosts.

If this happened to me, I will be at my registrars gate early in
the morning with my shotgun and battle axe.

He will have to call his oyinbo partners and resolve it immediately
or else one of us will be saying 'Good morning Jesus' grin

1 Like

Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by lagoshost(m): 10:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
You will need to contact godaddy. If they refused to help, contact ICCAN.

I have had this issue before and I got it resolved and they returned my domain name.
Re: Unbelievable: Famousbloggers.net Stolen From @godaddy by rufaai(m): 4:32am On Jul 27, 2012
OMG! This is critical shocked

I think GoDaddy should be able to resolve it for you. Keep this board posted, i'm really curious about this.

Cuz GigaLayer.com verifies every domain transfer request via phone. Unauthorized transfers are rejected with an authorization_key reset too.

Follow up with GoDaddy please... Sorry about this.

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Website Template? / Affordable! Get Your Business Online 4just N49,999 With 1yr Free Domain/hosting / How To Post New Topics And Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.