Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,899 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

Introducing "E-Marriage" - Dating And Meet-up Zone - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating And Meet-up Zone / Introducing "E-Marriage" (3847 Views)

Introducing A Good Looking Young Professional / Introducing Your Boy Friend Or Girl Friend To Your Parents / Introducing One Love Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Introducing "E-Marriage" by oleku(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2005
Don't say am crazy o

The internet as become something else and i decided to ask my self.

1.) Why do people change their personality on Internet?

A lot of people pretend to be some one else, and the rate at which teens abuse the net "No easy at all" make we agree say the life of the adult don almost finish.

2.) There is e-mail, e-card, e-dating, e-sex, e-family, e-banking, e-school , ..... i no fit finish am . don't you think this internet is getting to a stage they will introduce "e-marriage"

3.) e-Dating/e-Marriage and personality? Since people are not real, they are not themselfs, should such be encouraged? We can't say one day one day a crazy prof like me could invent or introduce e-marriage

What do you think?
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 6:31pm On Jul 26, 2005
There's already E-marriage, so i don't think you can introduce it, because it already has been introduced.

People get connected through E-dating, and they do Marry..so kind of like E-marriage thingy.

I think people, that change their personality online are dumb and in-secure people. They feel they can be the people they are really not, and that's sad.

And uhmm, not only teens do that, adults do it more. Do you know the rate at which online predators are dominating the web? Adults that are 50 years old, claiming to be 16 and 18 and getting the address of innocent teens and going to their homes and so many stories of that kind.

Over-all, i think it pays to be your-self. Most of the people, who change their personality always get caught anyways. At least most of them.

Ohh, i won't say you are crazy, because you are just expressing how you feel.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by joftech(m): 6:52pm On Jul 26, 2005
So how do you bring children to the world with your e-marriage? I think the proper name should be 'e-mirage'.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by oleku(m): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2005
Now let me explain what I mean by e-marriage

e-dating: they get to meet online, have something in common, marry offline

e-marriage: meet online, have something in common, marry online

Does Changing your personality make you secure? Why you have to change it when you have an option to disclose or not? Why pretend to be someone else ? why ?

do you get that cool
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2005
You defination of E-marriage is scary. who would join them together online?

yes, most people think changing their personality keeps them secure. Nowadays, too much disclosure of one's identity could cause identity theft. The world is changing, and you can be tracked down with your PC number.. (can't remeber what that $h!t is called).

And uhmm, I get what you mean.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by kazey(m): 11:48pm On Jul 26, 2005
E-marriage concept would be cool, especially when you can apply other technologies such as video live footage of both the bride and the groom all dressed up in their house into the whole process (can be achieved using IP cameras located in different locations of both parties or even simple webcams). But there must still be presence, at least they need to meet up at the end? or everything would be geeky, E love making? , E Children etc? An application of "Sims City" in the real world. My imagination is going wild, O yes !!. Hum that would be crazy though. But I wouldn't be alarmed to see the western world, getting involved in such practice. They are crazy, sometimes !!.

Does it exist now? Hum after doing some research using my Favourite tool "The greatest Google", I found out that, we are totally getting far away from the concept of E marriage.

E-Marriage is an online marriage license application program, which allows you to do all the marriage registration online.

An example is one available at the Clerk's web site at www.ManateeClerk.com. The process begins, When a couple decides to marry, they just have to log on to the web site, at their convenience, and complete the online marriage application. The application then resides in a queue at the Clerk's office for 45 days. Within this 45-day period, the couple must appear together before the Clerk with their proper identification and swear the information they have given is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge-the same steps required of those who fill out a paper application. If the couple does not appear within those 45 days, their application is purged from the system.

"The beauty of our e-Marriage application is that it uses technology to simplify the life of our customers," says R.B. "Chips" Shore, "Getting married is a wonderful event and if e-Marriage can help make the process smoother and more relaxing, it's a service I'm pleased to provide."

Well i guess that is it, it is not a complex system after all.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 3:51am On Jul 27, 2005
whoa... that's sumtin.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by DEKING3(m): 8:08am On Jul 27, 2005
Na waoh sad. Wher is this world going to oo abeg? Almost everything would become e- something. Anyway, inasmuch as hot-angel says it's been introduced already. Would anyone give it a try & give us a feedback. May be Oleku should try it out first. undecided
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by shockreaction(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2005
@hot-angel: It's called the IP number - a unique number assigned to your computer when you connect to the Internet

@oleku: According to your definition of e-marriage, I personally think that's just utter stupidity. It just won't happen.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by kennyhunnyinn(m): 7:30pm On Jul 28, 2005
Wow u are really funny well we need E-marriage cos it is really goin to be fun but trust we niaja boys we have started da e-marriage wow its fun if u don't knw am married to a gurl i called Demi but she is gettin me crzy dat i don't luv anymore so am doin all dis to show my Blatant Luv 4 her Wat Internet has joined together let No mails, junk n pple put asunder.

holla if u can feel my heartbeat.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by kazey(m): 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2005
hehehe nice one.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 2:45am On Jul 29, 2005
Kenny, u r crazy. lol. Anyways e go better.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by DEKING3(m): 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2005
So kenny, how much time do you spend with your e-wife. Do you also give her e-kisses? grin
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2005
kennyhunnyinn:

Wow you are really funny well we need E-marriage because it is really goin to be fun but trust we niaja boys we have started da e-marriage wow its fun if you don't knw am married to a girl i called Demi but she is gettin me crzy that i don't love anymore so am doin all this to show my Blatant Luv 4 her Wat Internet has joined together let No mails, junk n people put asunder.

holla if you can feel my heartbeat.

hot-angel:

Kenny, you r crazy. lol. Anyways e go better.
DE-KING:

So kenny, how much time do you spend with your e-wife. Do you also give her e-kisses? grin

huh wot?..which one be emarriage self?..ok am lost..some one help!!!!!...and why is my name in all dis? shocked

[move]What da heck is going on?[/move]
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 4:42pm On Jul 29, 2005
you technically your name is in only One post.

But uhmm, Kenny said you are both married through the internet. So that's like e-dating. and then it might turn to e-marriage
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 4:55pm On Jul 29, 2005
huh..married?..ok er kenny, could u pls explain urself sweetie?
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 4:56pm On Jul 29, 2005
yes he will. Let him sign on.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 5:03pm On Jul 29, 2005
yea..cos i need an answer
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by angelak(f): 10:21am On Aug 02, 2005
It concerns those that get involved in such crabby things! rolleyes
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 11:09am On Aug 02, 2005
yea..
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by IAH(f): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2005
Well, kenny and oleku...when you have your e-baby, I'll love to e-attend your e-naming ceremony and we'll e-eat and e-drink. Of course, the e-baby would have an e-name. rolleyes
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2005
haha IAH.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 1:34am On Aug 03, 2005
whos oleku or summin..and wots wit de baby?
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 2:21am On Aug 03, 2005
Oleku made this thread. The whole baby thingy was just a way of explaining e-summin.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 3:17am On Aug 03, 2005
oh..ok
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by oleku(m): 8:13am On Aug 03, 2005
@kazey
Thanks for the info jare.

@shockreaction
Stupidity = A poor ability to understand or to profit from experience
How does stupidity as to do with e-marriage , i think you are the one that don't understand what he world is going to.

@kennyhunnyinn
Now worry , with e_marriage you fit marry 2000 wifes ... na the ony disadvantage be that

@DE-KING
You no no say e kisses dey before

@IAH
No worry , na one by one we go sort everything out, there is no e-baby yet but to you know there is parties and every body go e-attend, and e-name plenty, just kalm down make i dey research that e-Marriage.

@nike4luv
Oleku is a Mad Prof. in Igbekoloji Village, and the only educated one there self.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by oleku(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2005
kazey

e-Marriage can work, I have been developing biometrics applications and that can enforce a unique identification of "one man one woman".

Let me explain how it can work

There would be centers world Wide to join the global database where your fingerprint and retina would be scanned.

After registration you can be given a unique username or identification that you can use to do any legal transaction.

So if you wan to get married with out even seeing each other, go to any e-marriage website and apply with your identification. Some basic biometric autentication would be required again before you can become man & wifeb y the law.

This na just wetin i think ... am still developing the process.

What do you think .... don't say am crazy

just asking what you think ...
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by kazey(m): 10:53am On Aug 03, 2005
Now come to think of it, you said your idea is not crazy?

All ideas are crazy from day 1. That you need to know. Well it is a good idea, you would have people crazy to participate in such sites. White people especially. All the best.

One thing to note is, Authentication processes such as using finger prints concept , in the sense of web application is still yet under development. So that would be a start i suppose.

Your ideas is not crazy o. grin
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 10:58am On Aug 03, 2005
your idea is crazy in a good way. I mean every development is crazy.

More grease to your elbow oleku.. I will marry more than 500000 husbands. Each of them must send me E-money. Yay!!!
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 2:58pm On Aug 03, 2005
hehe..how u get an ebaby?
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by hotangel2(f): 7:11pm On Aug 03, 2005
by having an e-sex.
Re: Introducing "E-Marriage" by nike4luv(f): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2005
How you have e-sex?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Women/men Seeking Love/marriage/advice / Where Is Orton? / New Bbm Sex Chat Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.