Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... (49349 Views)

10 Reasons Why Serious Minded Guys Look Away From Ladies In Their Early Twenties / The Cry Of A Teenager: Guys In Their Twenties Should Leave Our Girls Alone / What Is Wrong With Dating Or Marrying An African American Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2012
EDITED:
Guys (Male and Female),

If I should refer this to a friend, someone will reply saying I should just paint myself straight...

I need your advice here... I am a single guy in his late twenties and I truly believe in having at least a relationship that will be up to 18 months(I mean a relationship after the first friendship and getting to know stage(s)). Lately, my interests has been in ladies of early twenties... Like 20, 21, 22 and I rarely have taste for the older ones.

I need advice from others that have gone through this about going into it or not. Will they be matured enough to go into a serious relationship despite the fact that they might have finished Higher College / University?

911!

[size=20pt]Continuation...[/size]

I was amazed when last week I saw a post about Ladies worrying over scarcity of Men. I would advice the younger ones still in this age bracket to get serious with their relationships before it gets to their turn. Really, we need to use statistics in this country... If at this age, people are shouting that they are not getting a suitor, what will happen in ten years time?

I was discussing with a friend over the weekend about why ladies cant just walk up to a guy and express how you feel. Is it a must for the guy to come express his feelings to you? It is not about disgracing the lady value, it is about doing the right thing... expressing your feelings is what really matters and please whenever you see a guy that you really like and would love to date, talk to him... he might have been waiting to hear from you or even scared to say anything ... as some guys can't even talk to a lady let alone toast them...

So please, avoid the menace!
______
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Pacify: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
If you must date any lady of such age, be prepared for the good and the bad. One of such bad scenarios will be in the issue of respect, cos at dat age, many of these girls run their mouth without much concern about whether you are older or not.

23 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Sijo01(f): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2012
I dont see the issue here! undecided

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Idowuogbo(f): 3:08pm On Jul 26, 2012
^ Wots d issue? cheesy
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Sijo01(f): 3:14pm On Jul 26, 2012
Idowuogbo: ^ Wots d issue? cheesy

dats wat am tryingna figure out.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by MMM2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
Op

What u need is punnnnies undecided

Relax I will supply u my leftover cool

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by omega25red(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
poster no one and i mean no one can fortell what your experience will be dating someone who is 20,21 or 22.

you can have a good or bad experience dating people of all ages, but it really is up to you to figure out if the person you are talking to meets your standards. if not, NEXT!

4 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 26, 2012
If you can manage it properly and very well,women grow very fast and age will erase with the growth you will experince later.but 25 will be ideal

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by xyloxloto(m): 5:57pm On Jul 26, 2012
at that my guy they are very demanding depends what their demands are , they run their mouth too much , some lack respect,some have danger sign all over them its left to you i you are blind not to see it,there are some nice ones which are very difficult to spot among these young age group.basically when dealing with these young age range of girls CONSIDER THEM HIGH RISK beacuse they are still developing the way the rest of us matured one see things they dont see it that way ,not their fault though they will grow out of it as they get older .

3 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Idowuogbo(f): 5:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sijo01:

dats wat am tryingna figure out.
Stop searching my dear! Deres no issue. cheesy
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Be prepared to deal with immatured and teenage tantrums

7 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by waja(m): 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2012
Then, U have to be matured in your relationship with her. That's your ability to live in peace with those things U cannot change.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Chidex2442(m): 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
i dnt do babe tinz next page please!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by adeniyikassim: 9:27pm On Jul 26, 2012
child abuse!!! but ready to deal with inmature mind.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Rocktation(f): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2012
Do what you have to do. Looking at NL, tell me, can you honestly always tell the difference between the adults and the young'uns?

6 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by bashr8: 9:31pm On Jul 26, 2012
that age group is the worst for a guy hoping to settle, they lack respect, run their mouth a lot and dont understand what commitment is,they dont know what they want yet and cant understand right from left. at that age they are still attracted to yopie yopie, party ,baseball hat wizkid kind of guys thats why most guys either marry their age mate or wait till their 31 ,32 to marry a girl that is at least 25 or 26. its hard to find a cool headed ones that have matured , the worse is if she is still a student or in nysc she will be bleeping her school mates or school boyfriend while your at the side tongue

44 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2012

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by acidtalk: 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2012
*coughs and then sip a glass of water*

18months to settle down you say?
Now let's set your priorities straight and that of the lady in question.

The average Nigerian familt wants their daughter to get married after her first degree. The only two exceptions in this case are; The lady gets pregnant and her people are ashamed of her giving birth to the baby in their home or she is from an almost below average home (poor family background) as such they want her to go so that they can feed (minus one mouth) less mouth.

Secondaly most girls in this age bracket are not in anyway desperate to get married. They still see themselves as beauty queens because they sometimes get as much as 5-10 toasters everyday because of their youthful nature. This will make them assume they will remain 'hot cake' for ever and think there will always be that suitor waiting to get married to them whenever they are ready.

Except for few families which still nuture their female children, its almost common for most ladies within that age range to learn basic home chores in their boyfriend's place.

Though not in all cases, but if you are one who cares a lot about financial management and knowledge, most young ladies in that age bracket might not fit in. The want to get the latest phone, gadget, hand bag and fashion accessories to meet up with their peers. If you are not one of those guys that spend frivolously on a lady when it isn't relevant, she might term you stingy as won't consider settling down with you because she rarely knows what is the difference between necessity and wants.

Above all Intelligence, if you are a serous minded and fast thinker, it might be an hill task finding a lady that will match your intelligence. I am not talking of knowing latest music, movie or celebrity gist. I am talking of beneficial reasoning.

If you don't mind the above, then you can stick with them and groom them with patience. Otherwise maybe you should stick with the law of nature that "the older the wine, the better it taste".

96 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by tEsLim(m): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
You must be prepared to wear tin skin tight jeans and dress like wizkid or iceprince with backpack. well just kidding there are matured ones. Age isn't really maturity know that all women come with individual problems. take your time search. dont be in a rush. you can fidn good ones in that age group too. Depends on the home she comes from. Well you know what it is if you meet a girl at show/rave/club and expect her to change because you wan marry. unless a girl that have decided to step up on her own. Though sometimes if you are good at nuturing.. well you can start grooming a wify from that age. else you wait and date older girls that have seen hell in the hands of other guys and now have cooled down and ready to get things right. the ball is in your court. but women at their prime will usually think they have several options. thats why the youngies will run mouth etc. it takes a mature man to hold it down. young or old babe there is a thin line between them. woman na woman. even your mumsy na just little difference. if you hang out well enough with your dad and you talk to him a lot you will know.

Haven't you heard your dad say "This woman don come with her own again"

21 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2012
HIGH RISK AGE BRACKET. ABORT MISSION

5 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by xyloxloto(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
tosh26: Am presently in a relationship with a 20 year old, am 27.Depending on who she is-you could face challenges but I expect that your maturity will make up for her immaturity.

bros sorry it does not work that way , can you vouch for her as she is now?

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 2sexy(m): 9:43pm On Jul 26, 2012
Sijo01: I dont see the issue here! undecided
there is an issue and infact a lot of issues. Most girls within that age are crazy set off species. Infact, OP just go with mind of catching fun and don't attach much importance in your dealings with such girl. Don't even take it as a serious relationship so that when they start their madeness, you won't get burnt.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by foyeks2001(f): 9:48pm On Jul 26, 2012
M M M: Op

What u need is punnnnies undecided

Relax I will supply u my leftover cool

So women are now left-overs...am sure u have sister,aunties and am sure u r gonna have enuf female children...mtchewww

7 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Michky: 9:51pm On Jul 26, 2012
bashr8: that age group is the worst for a guy hoping to settle, they lack respect, run their mouth a lot and dont understand what commitment is,they dont know what they want yet and cant understand right from left. at that age they are still attracted to yopie yopie, party ,baseball hat wizkid kind of guys thats why most guys either marry their age mate or wait till their 31 ,32 to marry a girl that is at least 25 or 26. its hard to find a cool headed ones that have matured , the worse is if she is still a student or in nysc she will be bleeping her school mates or school boyfriend while your at the side tongue
Chikena!
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by ACM10: 9:54pm On Jul 26, 2012
ledafaze: Guys (Male and Female),

If I should refer this to a friend, someone will reply saying I should just paint myself straight...

I need your advice here... I am a single guy in his late twenties and I truly believe in having at least a relationship that will be up to 18 months. Lately, my interests has been in ladies of early twenties... Like 20, 21, 22 and I rarely have taste for the older ones.

I need advice from others that have gone through this about going into it or not. Will they be matured enough to go into a serious relationship despite the fact that they might have finished Higher College / University?

911!

Bros go ahead! You are on the right track. There is nothing wrong in dating girls that are in their early 20s. You will be amazed by how matured they are, and how experienced they are. The danger is in dating girls that are 20 and below. Girls below 20 are so immature in their judgement. The most annoying thing about them is that they hold on to their ignorance and warped view stubbornly. Girls below 20s need a lot of grooming which you might not have time to do. But girls in their early 20s has been groomed to an extent. Besides, they are not as desperate for marriage as girls in their late 20s. Though all girls tends to take decisions based on their emotions, but I can tell u that it is much reduced in the girls in their early 20.
On the other hand, those early 20 girls tends to be real. Therefore you will have greater visibilty of her real self, while girls in their late 20s tends to obscure their real self with pretense. This will enable you to judge her suitability in marriage.
Girls in their early 20s are fun to date. I can assure you that you will enjoy every bit of it. You can easily take her to the alter when your juice take the unplanned route.
One thing I noticed is that women age faster than men. Since u are in your late 20s, go for girls in their early 20s. They are the suitable candidates for marriage when u are ready.
I will sincerely advise u not to go for women of your age.
Finally, they are the candidates that has the least chances of giving u im.beciles grin Girls in their 30s has a higher chances of delivering imbeciles. Girls lie a lot about their age. So a girl that u presumed to be in her late 20s might actually be in her early 30s(how u will find out is by asking her when she finished secondary school - most finish between 16-17yrs). Girls below 20s are frought with a lot of birth complications. So I strongly advise that u should go for girls between 21-23yrs. They are fun to date.

7 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by pendo89(f): 9:59pm On Jul 26, 2012
I don't see any probs here except the deadline. Up to 18 months is being rigid
You don't just meet a 21 year old and hit it right away.A good relationship starts with friendship and the friendship takes time to build.
Now if u choose to speed cz of the deadline,you will skip some crucial steps and ul only have urself to blame.
From friendship you graduate to lovers. This is another stage where you will encounter 2 types of love.
Puppy and dog love. Puppy is simply immature love and dog love is mature.(just terms)
Lastly,after uv become stable and mature,u become engaged.(if u want to). Now that may take a while as u prepare for marriage.

Now why do u assume that all these stages of a relationship must be accomodated within the 18 month period?
We have not even considered the fact that the girl could be in school. And do u know that at 20 a girl is not only thinking about love,but career,future etc.
Space must be given for each of her desires to mature fully or else ul find urself with a halfbaked grumbling and regreting lady.
That deadline is unrealistic,but don't be to hard on urself.
Find that young girl and live freely.A good relationship doesn't run on deadlines.

8 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2012
bashr8: that age group is the worst for a guy hoping to settle, they lack respect, run their mouth a lot and dont understand what commitment is,they dont know what they want yet and cant understand right from left. at that age they are still attracted to yopie yopie, party ,baseball hat wizkid kind of guys thats why most guys either marry their age mate or wait till their 31 ,32 to marry a girl that is at least 25 or 26. its hard to find a cool headed ones that have matured , the worse is if she is still a student or in nysc she will be bleeping her school mates or school boyfriend while your at the side tongue
Sorry to say...Some idowuogbo and the rest will yap me. But dude SPOT ON.....U're 1000% right

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by xyloxloto(m): 10:10pm On Jul 26, 2012
[quote author=ACM10]

Bros go ahead! You are on the right track. There is nothing wrong in dating girls that are in their early 20s. You will be amazed by how matured they are, and how experienced they are. The danger is in dating girls that are 20 and below. Girls below 20 are so immature in their judgement. The most annoying thing about them is that they hold on to their ignorance and warped view stubbornly. Girls below 20s need a lot of grooming which you might not have time to do. But girls in their early 20s has been groomed to an extent. Besides, they are not as desperate for marriage as girls in their late 20s. Though all girls tends to take decisions based on their emotions, but I can tell u that it is much reduced in the girls in their early 20s

like someone said about girls in their late 20s most have had their heart broken,most of them have been used and dumped by their different guys and their fingers burnt but look on the bright side they tend to seem calm and more wiser and then they reflect back on their youthul days when the going was good thats life , life has stages no matter how young any girl is today its just a matter of time before she joins the rest of the old school babes you cant eat your cake and have it.

1 Like

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by 190: 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2012
most girls of that age dont have respect
they cheat
they dont have focus
dey are lead by material tins

always interested in ashawo don get uniform oooooh kinda clothes
THE MOST CAPABLE ONES ARE THOSE DONE WITH NYSC and more focused in life and
seem to know what they want!!

12 Likes

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by strangest(m): 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
@ OP Most of them are the black berry girls, you take them out.. They will be chatting on the phone with another person ... There are still some good ones though but majority of them are high demanding. Smh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 26, 2012
Pacify: If you must date any lady of such age, be prepared for the good and the bad. One of such bad scenarios will be in the issue of respect, cos at dat age, many of these girls run their mouth without much concern about whether you are older or not.
You've said it all. Girls like wine get better with age. At that age range, they are more volatile than FX market.
Re: Issues With Dating Ladies In Early Twenties... by Gudsyd(f): 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2012
Wat is d issue here? U shuld ve askd us 2 hlp u find solution 2 probs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Guys, Can You Take A Bullet For Your Girlfriend? See Funny Reaction / When your bae says "I love you" / Twitter User Claims He Had Sex With A Lady Who Did Her Wedding 3 Months Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.