Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,599 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs (23893 Views)

El-Rufai Sidelined In Selection Of Kaduna Ministerial Nominee - Sahara Reporters / Elechi Sidelined, Booed As Jonathan’s Campaign Train Visits Ebonyi / Obi Appoints Bob Manuel As SSA. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by dedeike: 2:27pm On Jul 27, 2012
Mahatma Ghandi:

I read that a private company is responsible for providing the cars though I think is some sort of sponsorship or so,I no know sha,about the hiring and firing I tow your line GEJ should just give us good roads,electricity and free education and watch nigerians defend and publicise him,I thought he would have learnt from oshiomole but from what am reading this dude is not gonna give his propaganda of lies anytime soon

Mr Mahatma Ghandi, it is an insult on good governance to compare Oshiomhole with GEJ. GEJ has done extraordinarily well in just one year in office. His reforms are everywhere. His zero tolerance to corruption is remarkable. His achievements in infrastructure development are evident. and I will make bold to recall some of them accordingly.

In roads, GEJ has either started, awarded, undertaking or completed some of these roads projects. , Zaria-Funtua-Gusau expressway covering over 101 km, , Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass, Lafia-Obi-Awe.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by ubandire(m): 2:33pm On Jul 27, 2012
dedeike: I know that so many of you are so obsessed with blackmailing this government so no matter the efforts to tell you the truth, it will not deter you from embracing falsehood.
It has been said time and time again that no cars were bought but some idiots will continue to hold unto the falsehood as marketed by the Sahara SHOPRITE of lies.
It's more ridiculous that otherwise educated men still fall for the dumbest and lamest story being spread around.
I didn't even bother to read further when I saw in that useless publication that 120 other exotic cars including Hinda and Toyota were purchased from coscharis.
Even a toddler knows that coscharis deals more with BMW and German cars. And if govt is to buy exotic Honda or Toyota cars, they will surely go to Honda place or Toyota.
So I wasn't surprised the next day when govt came out with a strong denial. I always knew the report was fake.
dedeike: I know that so many of you are so obsessed with blackmailing this government so no matter the efforts to tell you the truth, it will not deter you from embracing falsehood.
It has been said time and time again that no cars were bought but some idiots will continue to hold unto the falsehood as marketed by the Sahara SHOPRITE of lies.
It's more ridiculous that otherwise educated men still fall for the dumbest and lamest story being spread around.
I didn't even bother to read further when I saw in that useless publication that 120 other exotic cars including Hinda and Toyota were purchased from coscharis.
Even a toddler knows that coscharis deals more with BMW and German cars. And if govt is to buy exotic Honda or Toyota cars, they will surely go to Honda place or Toyota.
So I wasn't surprised the next day when govt came out with a strong denial. I always knew the report was fake.

I don't blame the so called oluwole newspaper. I rather blame those NL members who constantly refer us to their garbage
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by BetaThings: 3:01pm On Jul 27, 2012
ubandire:

I don't blame the so called oluwole newspaper. I rather blame those NL members who constantly refer us to their garbage

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/55383-jonathan-hires-okupe-for-public-affairs.html

Dr. Doyin Okupe resumed yesterday at the Presidential Villa in Abuja as the Senior Special Assistant on Public Affairs to President Goodluck Jonathan.

His main duty will be to act as the liaison between the President and the Public.

Dr. Okupe, a Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chief, was the Special Adviser on Media to President Olusegun Obasanjo at the inception of this Republic in 1999.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by DANILSA(m): 3:04pm On Jul 27, 2012
Anybody he wants he hires,how does it concern the useless sahara reporters and clueless NL commenting trash. badbelles
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by BetaThings: 3:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
DANILSA: Anybody he wants he hires,how does it concern the useless sahara reporters and clueless NL commenting trash. badbelles
Really?
What then is the purpose of his opening a facebook account?
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by DANILSA(m): 3:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
grin grin
dedeike:

Mr Mahatma Ghandi, it is an insult on good governance to compare Oshiomhole with GEJ. GEJ has done extraordinarily well in just one year in office. His reforms are everywhere. His zero tolerance to corruption is remarkable. His achievements in infrastructure development are evident. and I will make bold to recall some of them accordingly.

In roads, GEJ has either started, awarded, undertaking or completed some of these roads projects. , Zaria-Funtua-Gusau expressway covering over 101 km, , Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works,  dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation  of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha,    9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass, Lafia-Obi-Awe.
Thanks man.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by FJCRUISER: 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2012
if dat ll solve our problems fine . but if not i don't gif a hoot
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2012
Sahara reporters leads,while others follow.
They get the news first.
@GEJ,i'm waiting till september.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Pataki: 4:17pm On Jul 27, 2012
This Jonathan family are nothing but thieves! With a wife who is now receiving level 17 monthly salary in absentia for a job undone! A glutton of a president eating one billion naira food yearly. You sure need a media spin doctor to savage the disgrace this useless family have heaped upon themselves.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by TalkingBird: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2012
What is the most commonly used word in nairaland?
could it be the word Retardeen?
A word I believe many eat, sleep, laugh, jump and cry with.
Retardeen
If it were a human, I wonder what it will be doing.
Retardeen

Can any thing human be faster than it should be.

1 Like

Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:53pm On Jul 27, 2012
Same old people still find their way back into the political scene.

Is this not the same person that was sacked by OBJ many years ago.

He was accused by OBJ of being totally dishonest, who next will it be to parade in the corridors of power.

So what now happen to Dr Abati, after this episode.

Truly shows that no condition is permament.

Please let 2015 come quickly.

1 Like

Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by aduhube: 5:34pm On Jul 27, 2012
This is a good development.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 27, 2012
Dr. Doyin Okupe needs no appointment to defend the course of good governance. If you've be watching Channels Tv, you would have known how he's been doing that. He's a good man the presidency truly needs. Congrat Dr. Doyin Okupe. More grease to your elbow. God bless Goodluck Jonathan. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria. God bless us all.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by dustydee: 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2012
Increasing the size of an over bloated government.

1 Like

Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 27, 2012
Billyonaire: Kilimanjaro Reporters are on the Payroll of the daemons, so they are always there to pass blames. Now Kilimanjaro, whats the issue with you if Abati is sidelined.
^^ One of the 40-man laptop crew??
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by nasty45(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2012
D-Explorer:
Sahara Reporters are getting pathetic each day. News meant to inform the masses shouldn't be controversial and implicative. What has Reuben Abati got to do on this if sidelined or not? Why not pass the news and leave any subject rather than liaising with oppositions for cheap traffic.
GET A LIFE BIATCHEZZ.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by musiwa45: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2012
Doyin Okupe served under abacha.. like I said Goodluck cant win. so we are going on plan B or Plan C.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2012
Guy whether u believe Sahara Reporters or not is immaterial,....they got dir very reliable sources,trust me. Simply wait a few days, u wud get a confirmation frm d Presidency of Okupe's appointment. I vividly remember wen Abati was appointed,....Sahara Reporters broke d news 4 days b4 d Presidency announced it. Infact d Presidency back den,thru Imma Nboro denied it (d poor guy didn't know his head had bin shaved in his absence),....d rest of dt story is history 2day. I remember seeing Okupe on AIT or Channels last month,....and he was talking pro-GEJ,....and in my mind I asked,wats dis guy up to? No I know,....he has simply sold his conscience for a plate of porridge! (...ala Reuben Abati style)
Billyonaire: Sahara or is it Kilimanjaro Reporters. I am fvcking tired of reading cat and bull stories from you.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 28, 2012
Am so so ashamed of u Dedeike. How can any sane Nigerian claim GEJ has done extraordinarily well? ....d only tin GEJ has done well in more 2yrs of his Presidency is make promises. ....did I hear u say Zaria-Funtua-Gusau rd is an express? I bet u don't even know wia Gusau is. An express is a daul carriage road,at least 2 lanes each on both sides of d road,...pls dt Zaria-Gusau rd is not express! Its a single-lane highway,recently rehabilitated (I drive on dt road every 4thnite,Sokt to Abuja). And Ibadan-Ilorin Express? Sure its express,Obj started d work in 1999,....and 13yrs after (13yrs of uninterrupted PDP Federal Govt),d work work is stil not finished,...just abt 130km stretch of road. I left Sokt 8am ystrday (Saturday) for Ibadan (I drove myself),got 2 Ibadan ard 7:45pm,I drove thru dt road,...for yor education d Ogbomoso-Oyo part of dt road has not bin daulised at all at all! Pls get yor facts right b4 posting fallacy online!!!
dedeike:

Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by DExplorer1: 12:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by BetaThings: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2012
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by CHIMSKY(m): 10:47am On Jul 28, 2012
You cant sideline Reuben Abati.He's got class.He is cream.People like im will always rise to the top.People like Doyin Okupe sre career politicians.I not for politics,hungry go kill them.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by Patsey: 12:10pm On Jul 28, 2012
I lost all respect for Abati from the very moment he accepted to serve in GEJ's government. He should go back to his village and bury his face in shame.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by nsiadi: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
S R----
lolz
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by zackjollie: 6:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
I know Oga Madam has "dim patience" - little or no patience.
My biggest surprise had been Abati taking up a job at Aso Rock. This is really rocking his popularity with the progressives! Was it love for money? He is definitely going and ending up the way of Ebino Topsy, Shina Peters and many others, neither here nor there! Zackie.
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by nasty45(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
D-Explorer:

You arent and will never live better than one.
u sickening dude.....MTCHEW
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by ochukoccna: 12:30am On Jul 29, 2012
Even if Gobbels is resurected to spew propaganda 24-7 along with Okupe,Maku,Abati and the 40 lappy dudes,Ebele&his wife's mis-steps will always make it the toughest jobs in sub saharan Africa
Re: Abati Sidelined? : Doyin Okupe Hired As SSA Public Afairs by gnome: 2:39am On Jul 29, 2012
[quote author=nagoma]

Yes, A bad workman blames his tools. The solution is not in changing the damage control outlets. The president and his Royal household have to stop the blunders and serve the people's interest. I have no sympathy for Obati who must have accumulated some personal loot by now. He can actually leave now, richer in monetary terms but much poorer in public image and respect compared to when he went to work for the clueless government.

Abati is the loser in all these. His reputation as one of the finest columnists has been dragged into the mud, and no amount of acquired wealth can wash it clean. If Abati appreciated self-worth, he should have known that he was bigger than that silly appointment of being the spokesman of a clueless president. It's a demotion for his blooming journalistic career because he will come out of it battered and beaten.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rabe Abubakar, Spokesperson Of The Defence Headquarters / Discos Now Distributing Darkness To Nigerians – Senator Sani Blasts Fashola / Farooq Kperogi: Revolt Of “Repentant” Boko Haram Terrorists Proves My Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.