Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,839 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:44 AM

REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. (1925 Views)

Remember Me / Remember Me / Poem : Remember Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

REMEMBER ME{ A poem & others} by. Ben C. Okere. by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 27, 2012
Hi! U r specially welcome. In here, u read my poems and as well as comments and observations are highly welcome so as to pave way for me as the poet to know the areas where I am lagging-behind, inorder to make adequate corrections where and when necessary.... The following poems were written my Ben C Okere.. Add me up on facebook or 2go with Okere17. Thanks.

A DANCE WITH THE WIND.

With a thundering in the cloud, arose a flirting garment, to the tone of invisible drums, it twisted in all corners lustfully.

Vigorously, did it move, as a grass in a savannah, bending like a twisted neck, just as it quaked.

Swinging its arms to and fro, on countless ages, without its feet being hovered, 'cause it danced with the wind.

Sinking with the sounds of the drums, and claps of the wind, it swinged in the air, as it danced with the wind.

GOD BLESS MY EMMA{an elegy}

In my memory, do I still hear her voice, how comforted I felt when I remember her maturity and poise.

Oh! God, bless my Emma, as life with her was fun and exciting as in a drama.

Weep no more Bro.Stephen, I mourn too, even though I got the news in the evenin'

Yes, she's dead. People called it a rumour, then, I remembered one of her qualities of having a sense of humour.

Sleep well My Emma 'cause we love you, As we bid you Adieu.

TONGUES OF FIRE

You that can give elongated verses of manifesto, with a smiling face of innocence, you never for once remembered having a foe, but now, you act with no conscience.

You that once seeked the suffrage, of the entire citizenry, and u let our vicinity to die of old age, but now, we've seen ur act of treachery.

You that promised us monetary liberty, with our abundant resources, and now, we sleep and wake in poverty, as we now knw life is never a bed of roses.

You that once dinned on the same table with us, we laughed and rejoiced without you having a second thought, now we whisper our agreement and you call it false, not minding what fame our suffrage has brought.

DECEMBER TENTH

As a nail to our hearts, have u encrypted an emotional symbol. With fifteen-days to a celebration, we share this pain in our joyous shadow, for I know ur hour is passed with souls.

Ask REDDING for only him could describe ur wrath or, either the sosoliso passengers who passed with you. Yes, you could as well conjure EMMA for the truth, which your hour had always brought to Humanity. For I know your hour is passed with souls.

Unto you will all hearts be poured, for thy wrath had withered the innocent, hopéful of a blissful holiday, Oh! Unto you will all nature beg; please. For I know your hour is passed with souls.

DREAMS OF MY FATHERS

Dreams Oh! Dreams, littered in the shadows of our memories, A remnant of shattered hopes, from the futility of unurtured past

Dreams Oh! Dreams, conceived by the wakening of our thought, 'cause we heard they had had in the midst of their journey.

Dreams Oh! Dreams, coined from their quest for democracy, for in liberty it stood, as in the journey of time.

Dreams Oh! Dreams, dispersed in our hearts, from time immemorial, a heritage of our fathers.

Dreams Oh! Dreams, choking from the ages of our past, leaves from withered political irokos, on the verge of its green vegetation.

Dreams Oh! Dreams, watered in a Nations Nursery, of spanky shrubs, yet it grew and was bullish.

MY LIFE

My life through God has a good set
which God after making, had no regret
As I try to work harder inorder to get to my target
As quick and smart as a magnet.

I tried to live without my past
So, that my pains would not last
As my dreams are as tall as a mast
'cause God gave me a good cast.

My life needs the best
That's why I work without much rest
To avoid being a pest
In the midst of my test.

The Devil had tried for my downfall
But, I remained as strong as a tiled wall
Even when they tried preventing me from achieving all
I still stood tall.

My dream in life is not to acquire costless Gold
which when worn, you still feel cold
But, to have my rest through my books being sold
As this will make me never to fold.

My life is filled with anguish
Yet, I live and not perish
As my works are fast and sluggish
'cause I tried to emulate the British.

Each day I experience the sameday
As it revealled itself the same way
I had nothing to say
But, to watch and pray.

(1) (Reply)

(rated 18+) Midnight Saga Episode 7 / The Crown Pdf The Selection / Check Out Redeeming Love By Franscine Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.