Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (52281 Views)

AFCON 2013 Opening Ceremony Live / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 28, 2012
maximum007: The opening ceremony was a mix of interesting and some very boring stuffs. I loved the stunts and tricks though.
u are right. at some point, i became bored after the bean display.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Revolva(m): 9:54am On Jul 28, 2012
London london wat else hey the americans team were so many woow see kobe bryant and lebron james bro wow up U.S.A
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Revolva(m): 10:07am On Jul 28, 2012
Youngsage:
fool dere's nothing like niaja its naija. And who told you we nigerians are not capable of hosting a better opening ceremony than this? Sorry but u deserve life imprisonment for dat comment

And who is rhe fool here saying nigeria can host an olympic for where - abuja ? Or where for your village ridicoulous you think olympic is a football tournament only - ask your self where are the infrastructures , in terms of canoe sport where are the lakes abi na dose dirty lake for island dem wan use - lol I won't vote for olympic to be here oo I beg I beg I beg give it to south africa or egypt or libya
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by cap28: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2012
Here is what some british people thought about the opening ceremony:

[b]For the cost of... Imagine sticking that money into the NHS, education, crime prevention, transport.
Oh no we don't need to as they are all so perfect already.
Posted: 1 hour ago
Report abuseShare
Paul Manning
Reader

Like this comment9Dislike this comment
What a load of contrived PC rubbish. The typical British family is promoted as mixed race?.The music through the decades was a poor imitation of a scene from Austin Powers,except for the lengthy rap segment ( Trying to hard I think Danny don't you).And as for Emili Sande, she sounded like she was being made to sing under duress.The worst rendition of Abide With Me I think I have heard. To say nothing about those ridiculous dancers gyrating in front of her. If you have a unrivaled history to delve into why start with the Ind. revolution. Everybody knows this show could have ran twice as long just reading out the names of great Britons who's ideas have changed history and the world. But I suppose we are British, we have to accept this watered down version of our achievements in case we don't seem suitably humble to the rest of the world. Paul McCartney pulling that strained pouting face to Hey Jude. Enough is enough somebody do the decent thing. And if you actually want the world to think that Her Majesty has a sense of humor. Ref. the ridiculous parachute stunt.Then somebody should have told her to crack a smile for the cameras now and then, so it might appear as if she was having a good time. To be fare she has my sympathy on that one. In conclusion I would have to say apart from 1) The forging of the rings. 2) Sir Tim Berners-Lee and 3)The forming of the torch. I would have to conclude by saying in my opinion they should have given the £27 million to Great Ormond Street as a gift from all us taxpayers who funded it.

Paul Manning.
Posted: 3 hours ago
See Replies1
Report abuseShare
Lisa M B King
Reader
Like this comment21Dislike this comment

I could not believe my eyes as the opening ceremony went from bad to worse. I was cringing with embarrassment. It was a shambolic, amateurish mess from start to finish. Danny Boyle has let all of us down, with his ego ridden "show". I really wanted it to be spectacular, really I did! I have seen better school plays performed by 7 year olds. And by the way, WHY were the performers volunteers? (Which was so toe curlingly obvious) they should have been paid professionals, I think Boyle had a big enough budget from you and me didn't he? Oh dear, I wonder if anyone will have the balls to pan this truly awful shameful opening ceremony?
Posted: 4 hours ago
Report abuseShare
Puff and Pie
Reader

Like this comment-4Dislike this comment

I Follow the London 2012 opening ceremony live with tweets from inside the Olympic Stadium as Danny Boyle's £27 million celebration of all things British marks the start of the Games.

- puffandpie.co.th
Posted: 7 hours ago
Report abuseShare
FreddyJ
Reader

Like this comment3Dislike this comment

Unfortunately London joins Atlanta and Vancouver embarrassing themselves before the entire planet. How can a nation with such great theater choreograph such a pathetic tribute to its rich history?
Posted: 7 hours ago
See Replies1
Report abuseShare
JasonPortman
Reader

Like this comment-10Dislike this comment

I am so glad and greatful to have had such an oppertunity to experiance all the great things, my life as come face to face with. Lets make history or should i say lets keep makin history. C'mon Team GB HAHAHA JAYJAY (N) JODES
Posted: 8 hours ago
Report abuseShare
JasonPortman
Reader

Like this comment-10Dislike this comment
I am so glad and greatful to have had such an oppertunity to experiance all the great things, my life as come face to face with. Lets make history or should i say lets keep makin history. C'mon Team GB HAHAHA JAYJAY (N) JODES
Report abuseShare
StefanJobling
Reader

Like this comment-1Dislike this comment
I thought it was brilliant but I think it will only be brilliant for certain people. Ill be honest this isn't going to carry well to the american's or to many countries outside of the commonwealth if it at all. To really enjoy it you need to much of an understanding of too much of British culture (middle class culture in particular). It started with the shipping forecast for gods sake. But hell if you have ever listened to Radio 4 Friday night comedy and enjoyed it you probably thought it was a blast and if not you lead a sadder and less British life.
Report abuseShare
RoddStanton-Smith
Reader

Like this comment-8Dislike this comment
Looked more like a closing ceremony than an opening ceremony.... The countries outside of the Commonwealth of Nations, you would be wondering what the hell was it all about..... A poor effort....
Report abuseShare
Tys
Reader

Like this comment-11Dislike this comment
Terrible. Seemed like Disneyland theater. Was expecting something far more modern from the UK (and Boyle).

Report abuseShare
Bob Duffsy
Reader

Like this comment13Dislike this comment
I thought the performance was a bit shaky at the start with the Tempest theme before the Industrial Revolution was a bit messy, but by the end of the Industrial Revolution with that amazing over-head logo of the Olympics it just got better and better. I thought it was amazing in general, very personal and sentimental along with being full of cheeky humour throughout. The Olympic torch at the end was magical and so was the sharing of the Olympic torches between the promising youth athletes who will be in the future Olympics no doubt. Although Paul McCartney wasn't very tuneful, he did get the crowd to sing-along so it worked out well. Over all, an amazing show, well done to the UK!
Report abuseShare
Chauna2
Reader

Like this comment-20Dislike this comment
3 ring circus! totally embarrassing!!!
Report abuseShare
Leon.mm
Reader

Like this comment15Dislike this comment
I can't believe people are being so negative about this. I for one thought it was brilliant. It showed humour and free spirit, not some overworked perfectly choreographed robot like performance. And @roland, stereotypically British? what do you expect, it is suppose to represent our country and what it is and has been about.
Posted: 9 hours ago
Report abuseShare
JasmineLeighWilliams
Reader

Like this comment6Dislike this comment
I thought this was fun. It has purpose throughout, but above all else it represented the energy and spirit of its people. I love my Britt friends b/c they are always the most wild and fun of the bunch. I would expect nothing less of the Britts. I'm glad they stayed true to themselves.
Report abuseShare
John Greenwich
Reader

Like this comment3Dislike this comment
Well I thought that was fantastic - complicated, yes, but we're a complicated nation. Time for Paul McCartney to hang up his tonsils though .....
and celebrating nationhood doesn't make it jingoistic. Just stop whingeing, for god's sake, you bunch of deadbeat losers!
Report abuseShare
KeithBullturn
Reader

Like this comment12Dislike this comment
You are a load of cretins determined to trash your country. This was a triumph and I for one am honoured to be British when I see a spectacle as dramatic and moving as this. It was our money that paid for it - let us indulge ourselves !!!!!!!
Report abuseShare
John Greenwich
Reader

Like this comment2Dislike this comment
Well I thought that was fantastic - complicated, yes, but we're a complicated nation. Time for Paul McCartney to hang up his tonsils though .....
and celebrating nationhood doesn't make it jingoistic. Just stop whingeing, for god's sake, you bunch of deadbeat losers!
Report abuseShare
NonnyMagowan
Reader

Like this comment-30Dislike this comment
London 2012 Olympic opening ceremony:
unbelievably poor, unimaginative,
unpredictably bad piece of like conception... totally inappropriate place for a tribute to the NHS... Bond, Bean, Harry Potter and Mary (freaking) Poppins! I find it difficult to see how this could get any worst; my personal suggestion would have been to consider an 'Ali G & Pipa Middlendon duet, possibly cleaning the Eastenders Irish pub using a Dyson vacum cleaner' in to the revolting mix presented tonight! Danny Boyle's "breathtaking" extravaganza was just a "breathtakingly expensive, embarrassing bull****!". Trust me, we are going to be sectioned by the rest of the world after this! Quoting Kenny Senior: "Wouldn't it have been cheaper to just give each one of those audience members a tab of LSD on entrance?" Yes Kenny, deear... it would have been...
Posted: 10 hours ago
See Replies1
Report abuseShare
angie79
Reader

Like this comment-25Dislike this comment
So utterly boring, tacky and messy. Embarrassing.
Report abuseShare
JamesCB
Reader

Like this comment8Dislike this comment
Did anyone else see the dubious wave from the german official to his team much to the amusement of Boris and horror of Camila....priceless....sorry wrong sponsor :-)
Report abuseShare
roland
Reader

Like this comment-73Dislike this comment
Having just returned from New York where I lived for a couple of years I was looking forward to watching the Olympic opening ceremony. It was a spectacle all right, but in every negative sense of that word. It was like a (very) bad piece of musical theatre, illustrating the history of Britain. Really crass, jingoistic and backward looking. A complete embarrassment. I couldn't think who could possibly have conceived it - but now I know! I think there was a lost opportunity here to tell the world how forward thinking and capable Britain is but instead we saw every corny historical stereotype pulled out of the bag - just awful! Squirm in your seat awful!!!
Posted: 11 hours ago
See Replies2
Report abuseShare
SelinSahin
Reader

Like this comment-17Dislike this comment

Watch Summer Olympics London 2012 Live Streaming Online

olympicsstreamlive.com/watch/
Posted: 11 hours ago
Report abuseShare
SelinSahin
Reader

Like this comment-13Dislike this comment

Watch Summer Olympics London 2012 Live Streaming Online

olympicsstreamlive.com/watch/
Posted: 12 hours ago
Report abuseShare
CristinaAngel
Reader

Like this comment-16Dislike this comment
WATCH London 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremonies Live Coverage

watcholympics2012live.com/live/ch0/
Report abuseShare
missamarsh1998
Reader

Like this comment-29Dislike this comment
i think its raining
Report abuseShare

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/olympics/906534-olympics-opening-ceremony-london-2012-live-blog#ixzz21uNUn0iF[/b]
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kael: 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
Revolva:

And who is rhe fool here saying nigeria can host an olympic for where - abuja ? Or where for your village ridicoulous you think olympic is a football tournament only - ask your self where are the infrastructures , in terms of canoe sport where are the lakes abi na dose dirty lake for island dem wan use - lol I won't vote for olympic to be here oo I beg I beg I beg give it to south africa or egypt or libya
You are a shame to the nation. Why can't we host the Olympics, u say where are the infrastructure... Gues what you build them, that's why the give you over 8yrs. There's an artificial lake in Abuja that can serve for canoeing, I believe Lagos should bid and integrate the Olympics to Eko Atlantic city
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by cap28: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2012
kael:
You are a shame to the nation. Why can't we host the Olympics, u say where are the infrastructure... Gues what you build them, that's why the give you over 8yrs. There's an artificial lake in Abuja that can serve for canoeing, I believe Lagos should bid and integrate the Olympics to Eko Atlantic city

Don't mind that self hating fool - infrastructure can be built provided corruption within the system is monitored, notice that i didnt say that it can be eradicated because that is an impossibility.

the london olympics is riddled with corruption on a scale that you can't even begin to imagine, but the overall intention of the service providers is to provide a service that does the united kingdom proud.

Nigerians are more than capable of achieving this - we are ostentatious by nature and we love to show off, what better way to show case our natural love for attention than the hosting of such a grandiose event?
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 7:21pm On Jul 28, 2012
toba: its still amounts to frivolities. u may wish to review previous pages especially on that when the Nigerian contingent were being ushered into the scene of the stadium.
Many cheered Nigeria and appreciated the constumes. I wouldnt know when cheering other countries becomes one being enslaved.

Also depending on the channel/medium u watched the games. where i did, the commentaries were fairly balanced. Just as u cant compare Gambia with Nigeria, same way America(Usa) and GB are bigger than Nigeria.

I think everything has been fair so far and not lopsided from my analytical perspective.

Your analytical perspective, ke?

Inserting big words will not make your post true.

You brought in Gambia? Lol, this GB and USA don't give 2cents about Gambia either so what's your point?

Commentaries were fairly balanced? Why won't it be to you? You like hearing negativity towards your own country.
"Nigerian is the most populous black country"
Is that the only thing naija has achieved? Making babies upon babies?
Oh, boy come off it.

As I have written, una go sell una mama for mere akara.

Take your head out of the whiteman's azz. He doesn't care about you neither will he say any positive thing about you.

So why praise them more than your own again?

Why defend them?

1 Like

Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
I'll pieces ur post just for the fun of it and for clarity
kandiikane:

Your analytical perspective, ke?
yes cos what im expressing here are my analysis based on my personal views of the discourse

Inserting big words will not make your post true.
Holy spirit. big words like? once again im only expressing my views with no anticipation of being rewarded

You brought in Gambia? Lol, this GB and USA don't give 2cents about Gambia either so what's your point?
thats what u think. let Gambia get into crises and see whether the super powers u mentioned would give grants

Commentaries were fairly balanced?
like i posited earlier. we might have watched the games on different mediums. where i did, i think it was fairly balanced

Why won't it be to you? You like hearing negativity towards your own country.
what do u mean? have i being negatively critical of Nigeria on this thread? No i havent. but GB and US of A are ahead of Gambia grin But naija is ahead of them all cool

"Nigerian is the most populous black country"
Is that the only thing naija has achieved? Making babies upon babies?
Oh, boy come off it.
once again madam, i haven't criticized Nigeria yet

As I have written, una go sell una mama for mere akara.
why this?

Take your head out of the whiteman's azz. He doesn't care about you neither will he say any positive thing about you.
Thank God u ve seen my head in real life and u know how big it is. can it enter oyinbo azz?

So why praise them more than your own again?

Why defend them?
Im only trying to be objective ma
cheesy

lmao
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by onila(f): 9:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
support team Nigeria!! proud of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTS4l9-Ffo

good 2 Nigerian Americans coming back 2 represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQTwK1UkQE
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 9:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
toba: I'll pieces ur post just for the fun of it and for clarity yes cos what im expressing here are my analysis based on my personal views of the discourse
Holy spirit. big words like? once again im only expressing my views with no anticipation of being rewarded

thats what u think. let Gambia get into crises and see whether the super powers u mentioned would give grants

like i posited earlier. we might have watched the games on different mediums. where i did, i think it was fairly balanced

what do u mean? have i being negatively critical of Nigeria on this thread? No i havent. but GB and US of A are ahead of Gambia grin But naija is ahead of them all cool
once again madam, i haven't criticized Nigeria yet
why this?
Thank God u ve seen my head in real life and u know how big it is. can it enter oyinbo azz?

Im only trying to be objective ma
cheesy

lmao

It's ok toba. There IS shame in being a lost cat at home but it's ok, I don't blame you.

You wey dey all the way in naija you know the british anthem? Lool

Well done.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by mystikal(m): 10:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
Some people in here dont even know whether they liked the opening show or not. One minute, they are criticizing, the next they like how they are enough blacks in it.
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
kandiikane:

It's ok toba. There IS shame in being a lost cat at home but it's ok, I don't blame you.

You wey dey all the way in naija you know the british anthem? Lool

Well done.
haha my oyinbo girl friend.

Im not 100% naija. Im a German citizen by birth thats why i love Germany more than any country on planet earth. Im a bayern munich fan in and out cool
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
mystikal: Some people in here dont even know whether they liked the opening show or not. One minute, they are criticizing, the next they like how they are enough blacks in it.
thats Nigerians/Nlanders for u. they're like weather. change intermittently
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by kandiikane(m): 11:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
toba: haha my oyinbo girl friend.

Im not 100% naija. Im a German citizen by birth thats why i love Germany more than any country on planet earth. Im a bayern munich fan in and out cool

Lmfaooo@I'm not 100% naija because I'm german by birth.

Smh!
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by gallivant: 11:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Revolva(m): 9:13am On Jul 29, 2012
kael:
Look which eko atlantic city lmfao am sure you don't even know lagos well you only hear about it ,eko atlantic -everyday and they have not done anything -slow project and by the way its also a very big task for them -see bro am not being pressmistic about ma country but please and please there are lots of thing to consider before hosting the biggest event in the world -security first of all - won't mention the rest-if its money the nation has it but am sure during the bidding there will be heavy corruption -nigeria middle name is that- which lake ?? Hahaha talk about golf course cycling- horse racing,many outdoor games look there are many sports you don't see in olympic ,you fink its just track and field or football, basketball , gymnastic-
Hands down we won't even be looked upon if we bid to host
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by martinosi: 9:44pm On Aug 08, 2012
cap28:

To make it look as if they are a fair and equal society when nothing could be further from the truth.

In the carribean and south american countries the closer you are to pure black african the lower down you are on the socio economic ladder this is even the case in countries where blacks are in the majority like Jamaica.

TRUE TALK...What made me shake my head was the South African Olympic team...
One so called black girl carrying the flag and a swarm of white south-africans behind her lol

ermmm can anyone help me..its been 18 years since south africa droped its racist banta..
and still black people there cant get into the olympic team lol!!!

[img]http://trendingsouthafrica.files./2012/07/south-african-olympic-team-entrance.jpg?w=670[/img]
Re: London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 01, 2012
okwanuzo3: ..

miss u. cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa And 25-Year-Old Abdullahi Musa, Kano Pillars Teammate Strike A Pose / Throwback Photos Of Alexander Arnold, Osimhen And Pulisic At FIFA U-17 World Cup / Helicopter Crash: Leicester City Owner Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha And 4 Others Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.