Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,868 members, 7,806,469 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:57 PM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36467 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mavrick2012: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
Omg,i sincerely fink dis is d rongest of time to demolish a mosque in d south.though an atheist,i dnt support dis.it can hav a vicious efect here in d north
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mavrick2012: Omg,i sincerely fink dis is d rongest of time to demolish a mosque in d south.though an atheist,i dnt support dis.it can hav a vicious efect here in d north

If you are not Igbo or from Anambra. . . . Hush it!

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ceejay80s(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Make dem demolish am jor, wetin osama people dey find for my land?

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by asha80(m): 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
funny people will say onitsha bridgehead is an eyesore,dirty etc but when what is needed to be done is about to done what you will see is resistance.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ACM10: 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2012
That mosque should be demolished as fast as possible. It's contributing to filthy outlook of the place. You guys need to be there to understand why it should be demolished. Remember that bridge head is the point of entry to Anambra from the west. How can Moslems inside Igboland give us order on how to beautify a major Igbo city? Mbanu!

4 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Chyz2: 5:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10: That mosque should be demolished as fast as possible. It's contributing to filthy outlook of the place. You guys need to be there to understand why it should be demolished. Remember that bridge head is the point of entry to Anambra from the west. How can Moslems inside Igboland give us order on how to beautify a major Igbo city? Mbanu!

Don't mind them.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by asha80(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
ACM10: That mosque should be demolished as fast as possible. It's contributing to filthy outlook of the place. You guys need to be there to understand why it should be demolished. Remember that bridge head is the point of entry to Anambra from the west. How can Moslems inside Igboland give us order on how to beautify a major Igbo city? Mbanu!
i wish you post a pic of that place people who are ignorant of that place will appreciate the eyesore there.i know say u get some pics of osha.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by revomind(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
Well, if the mosque stands in the way, it has to go. Its not that hard building a mosque and personally, I'm disappointed in the way the muslims are playing victim. Thinly veiled threats of violence will not do them any good in a state where majority are christians and already, arguably, silently detest them ( at least from some of the comments here so far).

You can choose to believe whatever you want to. However, igbo muslims exist. Not liking that fact wouldn't stop it from being what it is, a fact.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by sureboykris(m): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifihearam: I have never seen an igbo man who is a muslim before oooo. Just finking aloud sha
î ve met 3 igbo Muslims. One is actually A̶̲̥̅ friend. So dey do exist

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by economia: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2012
yoji: I jus want to correct d notion by someone on this thread dat yoruba muslims are not real muslims. This propaganda is spread by the hausa fulani in the north to promote their ethnic agenda. because wen they are presented wit d fact that how can they claim a religious war wen other muslims are being killed.
Muslims range from every where. U find them in china, spain, indonesia, usa etc and they all can't be hausa. Bsides the prophet was not hausa. The hausa/fulani are an unxposed domineerin group with an expansionist agenda which has now turned into an embarassement
your good sense of judgment will never fail (amen). I pray again, bails minded person will not judg your case. (amen) Again God will find a place for you in his kingdom. (amen)

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by CLIQBOY(m): 5:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: BOKO HARAM IS WHAT WE DON'T WANT TO SEE BETTER RELOCATE...
THEY WANT TO START TROUBLE ALREADY...
i tink say u get brain before..but u no get small brain..
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by size38: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
They should be glad that the govt wants to demolish the mosque. What if Anambra state govt decides to bomb the mosque like the way northern state governors are bombing churches?

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ballabriggs: 5:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous:
Addressing journalists yesterday during the protest, the leader of the Muslims, Alhaji Habib Faruk, said they have already compiled with the state government’s decision to beautify the Bridgehead and Upper Iweka axis by removing all their shops as directed, adding the said mosque does not fall within the area marked for demolition.

Beautify bridgehead? Rubbing lipstick on a pig
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by blancason: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
Wow..d kind of hate we have for each other in this country makes me so sad. see christian fanatics everywhere looking fotward to th spilling of muslim blood. nna nawao, methinks you guys ar no different to bokoharam....under standard temperature and pressure,ya'l d same...my honest feelings cry

5 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by gramci: 5:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
I can help with the demolition at no cost

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2012
revomind: Well, if the mosque stands in the way, it has to go. Its not that hard building a mosque and personally, I'm disappointed in the way the muslims are playing victim. Thinly veiled threats of violence will not do them any good in a state where majority are christians and already, arguably, silently detest them ( at least from some of the comments here so far).

You can choose to believe whatever you want to. However, igbo muslims exist. Not liking that fact wouldn't stop it from being what it is, a fact.
they don't exist,there is no fact there. Its all fabrications to make outsiders view nigeria as a muslim country
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
There is nothing unique or bad in demolishing a mosque or a building etc etc. But everything is bad if the potential victims of the purported action are not carried along. The governor should have known better. Religion is an explosive issue in this country and it's only reasonable to apply caution in dealing with it.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by sammyjay441: 5:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
this muslim folks have started their trouble again
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by revomind(m): 5:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
Antivirus92: they don't exist,there is no fact there. Its all fabrications to make outsiders view nigeria as a muslim country

Keep telling yourself that. Who knows, it may solve the 'problem'. Maybe the igbo muslims some of us have met are just 'fabrications'.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by DExplorer1: 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
The demolition is not a revenge to the happenings in North and good enough, the govt., made it clear that it's for beautification purpose. Why making a mountain out of this? What's the essence of the protest by the Muslims? The same happened in Lagos, so many people were affected yet the intention was made clear. I think it's time we burn our self-centred garmet.

Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by nyabingi(m): 5:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
The bridge is currently being repaired and most of the debris and illegal structures are being demolished, the mosque is also part of the problem at the head bridge because of the way Hausa people usually litters the place so the government is in the right track!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by tchaik(m): 5:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ejiné: I think muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed' undecided
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 5:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
sureboykris: î ve met 3 igbo Muslims. One is actually A̶̲̥̅ friend. So dey do exist
only you (yoruba) muslims always see igbo muslims, we igbo people never see them ourselves. So i wonder if they only exist in ur houses

5 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by tchaik(m): 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
nyabingi: The bridge is currently being repaired and most of the debris and illegal structures are being demolished, the mosque is also part of the problem at the head bridge because of the way Hausa people usually litters the place so the government is in the right track!

Which bridge? The one I that held me (traffic) for 4 hours yesterday?
How u take hear dat one?
Dem no dey repair anything joor!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by mayorteeny: 5:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
ndu_chucks: As they say, "Perception Is Reality". In the Lagos case, the state government proper;y managed the demolition and most residents of Lagos including the muslims perceived that the demolition was the right thing to do.

In this case, the state government has mismanaged the demolition plan as well as the expectations of the muslims. The realities is that, muslims now perceive the planned demolition of their primary place of worship as an act of aggression.

This is the biggest mosque in Onitsha. Their are no more than 2 other places of worship in all of Onisha big enough to hold more than 50 worshipers shocked These state government decision makers should use wisdom to avert escalation of already tense adversarial relationships in the state.

@Onlytruth, as usual you display your foolishness. hapu moslems and their main place of worship. Nigeria is a secular society, olodo
?
Bless you. People like you are the silver lining in this cloudy sky. Shaking my head at all the religious and ethnic jingoists on this thread. To the poster that wants a 'cleansing' of the Igbo muslims (Yes they exist get over it already) this is not the freaking Nazi regime. And before you jaundiced lot start spewing thrash from your behinds and taking it personal put yourselves in their shoes. Is that really too much to ask?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by conyema12(m): 5:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
sureboykris: î ve met 3 igbo Muslims. One is actually A̶̲̥̅ friend. So dey do exist

Igbo muslim indeed.... Unless the ones that joined to get business deals with 'alhaji' .

Why are these ppl always violent. I was waiting to hear them demanding for a new site and they are here treatening a whole the State.... They shld bulldoze off the mosque... O taa k'anyi hu wara hausa na uta.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by vega84(m): 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
The mosque is blocking the govt plans so it should be removed simple , if they like they should go drink acid after all their people in the north are burning churches and that is islam fr them nonsense ,meanwhile who ever that is writing that igbo muslims thin should be careful cos I doubt if there is any ibo that is a muslim ! I mean world wide!

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by economia: 5:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
churches in the northern nig are all locted away fro the main metropolis, in outscertch always close to 'gidian karah' ( a forbiden place for halots and drunkad). but In the case in the eastern and cure southern nigeria there is no restriction. Then who is fronting reprasal action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria / Buhari Will Not Force My Impeachment Illegally - Fayose / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.