Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36471 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Lordave: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2012
Make dem demolish d uselez shrine

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by dragnet: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
One shouldnt be surprised at how and why igbos claim there arent igbo muslims when you remember how they turned the early igbos that accepted christianity to outcasts and the level of maltreatment they were subjected to.

2 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by chimauga(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
Da infamous: There was palpable tension in the commercial city of Onitsha yesterday when the Muslim community comprising Igbos, Hausas and Yorubas resisted alleged plot by the Anambra state government to demolish their Central Mosque located close to the Bridgehead market. Saturday Nation gathered that the Muslims numbering over 1000 and chanting “Allah is the greatest”, maintained that the plan by the state government to destroy their place of worship was a fallout of the cold war against them in the state.
Addressing journalists yesterday during the protest, the leader of the Muslims, Alhaji Habib Faruk, said they have already compiled with the state government’s decision to beautify the Bridgehead and Upper Iweka axis by removing all their shops as directed, adding the said mosque does not fall within the area marked for demolition.
Alhaji Faruk who led the protest, condemned the manner members of the Anambra state task force under the Transition Committee Chairman of Onitsha South descended on the Muslims during their Friday prayer and forced them out of the mosque.
He maintained that the action of the state government might not be unconnected with the current activities of the dreaded Boko Haram in some Northern parts of the country.He pleaded with the Inspector General of Police, Mr. Mohammed Abubakar, to prevail on the state government to approach the issue with caution in view of the security situation in the country.
“We are not resisting the decision of the state government to beautify the Bridgehead but the plan to demolish our place of worship is more political and could result in breakdown of law and order because no Muslim would stand by and watch their place of worship demolished for no just cause”
Meanwhile, the Transition Committee Chairman of Onitsha South, Mr. Okechukwu Ezeani, said the actionof the state government was not politically or religiously influenced, but a measure to clean up the entrance to the state.
He said “we are not targeting any mosque.Even if a cathedral is standing in the place marked out for demolition, it would be pulled down, so, the insinuation that the state government is witch hunting Muslims is unfounded and malicious”
It took the intervention of the Commander of the 302 Artillery Regiment, Onitsha , Col J. T Durowaiye, the Commissioner of Police, Mr. Balla Nasarawa and the Onitsha Area Commander, Mr. B.C. Wordu who drafted detachments of armed security men to the area to bring the situation under control.

http://www.addthis.com/bookmark.php?v=250&pubid=xa-4ebcf1157f12de8d

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/index.1.html

i lives in onitsha there is a central musque onitsha very big at center of main mkt, it occupies 100 by100 land which was renovated by state govt when it was destroyed by fire ,
the musque in question is a small apartment not up to size of 1 room , truely it is now at the center of the road since all the structure arround it have been distroyed . They are just trying to make it look big , just tell govt to relocate them ,..
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by asha80(m): 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: hahahahah. . The name sounds like Fraud to me.
I have heard of Igbos who became muslim just to get by and gain advantage in places like the north and Arab countries. Are those stories realy true or they are just nominal Muslims who in practise are non-existent. . Abeg talk another thing nwa nna.
By the way, did you say Ndu-chucks is a northerner for real? Chineke ekwe la ihe ojo. . Hmmmm, why the need to use an Igbo sounding moniker, is he that insecure?
guy go to nsukka,afikpo and orlu.you will find some igbo muslims there
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2012
y2kaustin: ....I hope you have started calling ur con-men brodas up north to return home b4 ur clueless,daft governor takes action.Cos,u guy are about to be declared,Endangeared specie.

My friend SHUT THE HELL UP mechie onu gi. If you have nothing to contribute, leave the thread.

As for the Igbo's who're muslims - carry go, me think SE would not accomodate you, you better pack your sh/it and move down north angry angry angry
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ifechez: 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
solgee: My honest opinion is this. If the location of the mosque is trully affecting the beautification process of the area then it has to go, but the government should provide an alternative site for them. However, it is very very bad for people who dont have correct information about the whole thing to start ranting rubbish about christians or Anambra government. The christians too knows how to kill. But are only acting in accordance to the word of God Almighty. Christians love their neighbours and the religion is of peace both in act and deed

Did you say provide an alternative site for them? Did the govt provide any site for Michmerah Motors before it was sacked from it's previous site at upper iweka? They shld go and buy land for their mosque site. Dat if anybody sells to them with this their kind of aggression.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 6:35pm On Jul 28, 2012
You muslims can lie to prove ur facts. Why do these igbo muslims use to show themselves only to you hausa and yoruba muslims and hide themselves from we (their brothers)?. Or do you muslims know us more than we know ourselves? THERE ARE NO IGBO MUSLIMS!

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
sureboykris: î ve met 3 igbo Muslims. One is actually A̶̲̥̅ friend. So dey do exist

I'm sure you always see this fantasy "igbo muslim friends" of yours right after you finishing taking d0pe .

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 6:36pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dawdy: If u saw an igbo Muslim, you people would kill him or what?

[size=18pt]Lets not ask questions with obvious answers. . . . [/size]
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

I'm sure you always see this fantasy "igbo muslim friends" of yours right after you finishing taking d0pe .

You mean after he finishes sniffing latrines. The guy is a lowlife junkie and should not be taken seriously.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ismhab(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
abdurrazaq: To those who believe that (we) the Yorubas are not “real muslims“, there is a sentence we recite during salat - Semi‘a LLAHU limon hamidaHU - meaning ‘Only GOD knows HIS true worshipper‘. (We) the Yorubas are the pride of Islam in Nigeria and Africa.
To the affected worshippers in Onitsha, if the government wants the mosque demolished so be it, just make sure any other site for a new mosque should be approved by the planning authorities to avoid future demolition. Letting the government have their way on the issue doesn‘t mean they failed as muslims rather, it is an act of belief on their part.
May GOD bless us with peace in NIGERIA. AMYN
That is not the translation of what u wrote, be careful in translating what u don't know.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ozoebuka1(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
ifechez: There are Igbo muslims. My father's immediate younger brother is a muslim, as well as his oga(the man he serve).you will likely see more of them in nsukka and amaifeka in orlu.
please dont let me curse u ooo! orlu, where? dumbass.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by asha80(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

grin
Mr.chippychappy:

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Chudi99(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
Na wa oh! Imagine this malo people 4 their mind boko haram iz now the 4th arm of government that every positive step the government tries to take is being threatend with BH i think its high time we do away with sentiment and give government d opotunity to work for us
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by emmaduks(m): 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2012
All i gat to say is let onitshe be clean..............
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by revomind(m): 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2012
rhymz: Do you know of any Igbo man person that is a muslim since you are so convinced that they exist? Am not talking about alja haram posing as Alhaji Uche and his many bigoted monikers, give us concrete proof of an Igbo muslim.

How do you give concrete evidence on an anonymous forum?

Just how?

I met TWO Igbo muslims while in the university. Its left to you to believe or do otherwise. I'm christian myself and I have got nothing to gain or lose if Igbo muslims exist or not.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2012
ismhab:
That is not the translation of what u wrote, be careful in translating what u don't know.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2012
The igbos should learn a thing or two from the days of the Spanish inquisition . I personally think we need our own IGBO INQUISITION where by we annihilate those who try to bring STRANGE AND EVIL religions to our region . We don't need any so called "religion of peace" in IGBO LAND . We are good with worshipping the most high . It has always been our way and it should remain so !!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by DeGrace01(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
Gov. Obi pls go ahead and pull-down the mosque if u r determine to cleanse and beautify bridgehead ok. Those silly extremist cannot do anything, for God's sake d r making mouth forgetin that we r talkin abt amambra state not sokoto or maidugri. Rubbish.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
ikennaobi: Antivirus there are igbo muslims o....I mean FORCED igbo muslims in the north grin grin grin
what do you mean by forced Igbo muslims in the north? I am presently in Sokoto, this is arguably the seat of Nigeria's islamic power yet there are churches and many Igbo people living here in Peace. Which one again be forced muslim for this we era? Guy relax biko and say things as they are. Can somebody show us one Igbo muslim, all these long epistles will not do anything, any desperate Igbo person trying to curry favour from rich and influential muslims can claim to be muslim and even change his name to some funny muslim name, it still does not make him an Igbo muslim. Show us proof of a practising Igbo muslim that all and sundry knows.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 6:46pm On Jul 28, 2012
asha 80: why do you say he is no more a moslem?i saw him on tv last two months with RO in govt house owerri still wearing that muslim outfit and his name identified as well
so there are no other owerre people here? Only you a muslim saw him. Let the owerri people here say it's true and not you a far yoruba or hausa fabricating it
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rash47(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2012
blancason: Wow..d kind of hate we have for each other in this country makes me so sad. see christian fanatics everywhere looking fotward to th spilling of muslim blood. nna nawao, methinks you guys ar no different to bokoharam....under standard temperature and pressure,ya'l d same...my honest feelings cry
blancason: Wow..d kind of hate we have for each other in this country makes me so sad. see christian fanatics everywhere looking fotward to th spilling of muslim blood. nna nawao, methinks you guys ar no different to bokoharam....under standard temperature and pressure,ya'l d same...my honest feelings cry

Well said bro, u hit d nail on the head

Southerners should thank mother nature for ecology,sea coast,endowed resources, without all these they are not in anyway better than their haramic cousins upnorth
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by alaoeri: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
conyema12:

Igbo muslim indeed.... Unless the ones that joined to get business deals with 'alhaji' .

Why are these ppl always violent. I was waiting to hear them demanding for a new site and they are here treatening a whole the State.... They shld bulldoze off the mosque... O taa k'anyi hu wara hausa na uta.
Sorry oh, u talking base on your exposure there are igbo muslims but very minute. December period muslims do IVC (islamic vacation course) in port harcourt, lagos-ibadan express & some do there own in the north. I happen to encounter some few igbo muslims i was even shock.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
Am yet to see an igbo man who is a muslim. IF them protest we bomb the mosque for them. at least dem don try to bomb churches
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dawdy(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
All I can gather her is that "some Igbo christian guys are worse than Boko Haram"

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ozoebuka1(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
if these guys ever try anything stupid, they will lose their stay in onitsha.. i promise them dat with all ma heart.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by GMacbeth: 6:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
One i know for sure is that Nigeria is long overdue for division if not how would Hausa's come all the way frm the north to have us do their bidings
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28, 2012
alaoeri:
Sorry oh, u talking base on your exposure there are igbo muslims but very minute. December period muslims do IVC (islamic vacation course) in port harcourt, lagos-ibadan express & some do there own in the north. I happen to encounter some few igbo muslims i was even shock.

Well let them pray I don't happen to encounter them in future. . . . I might end up in the ICC at The Hague. Not joking!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
ismhab:
o boy see warning o. . What are you goina do next? Draw out your dagger and prolly slit his throat open if he goes further to interprete the Koran contrary to your own understanding abi?

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by sultangem: 6:51pm On Jul 28, 2012
DOES THE FACT THAT A CERTAIN MAN GET DRAWN INSIDE WATER MAKE ALL OTHER MEN NOT TO SWIM OR DRINK INSIDE WATER AGAIN?IN REAL LIFE,DO WILL ISOLATE MEN FR0M WOMEN SIMPLY B/COS A FEW MEN & WOMEN MISBEHAVE ?NO! THEN HOW CAN ANY GOVT.DENIED SOME PPLE THEIR RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF WORSHIP JUST B/COS SOME GROUP OF PPLE CLAIM TO BE BOKO HARAM.PETER OBI SHOULD RESPECT HUMAN RIGHT.A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Sweetnecta: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
you ignorant people think islam is not part of igbo, ever.
i am sure the animists used to be this ignorant about christianity entering indigbo.

i am sure that igbo men and women are fast becoming muslims.
i know many and indeed, i am married to one of them.

now swallow this better pill.

InshaAllah islam will wax stronger, bigger and prominent in the igbo ethnic group. Amin.

3 Likes

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by GMacbeth: 6:52pm On Jul 28, 2012
Protesters make una try am first una know d scores line

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Saraki's Meeting With Oyegun And APC Leaders Cancelled Abruptly / Missing Soldiers Return, Join U‎nits - Army (Daily Trust) / 2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.