Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,748 members, 7,802,291 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest (36459 Views)

Lagos To Demolish 800 Houses For 4th Mainland Bridge / Troops Demolish Boko Haram Guard Post In Sambisa, Kill Insurgents [PHO / Jonathan’s Approval Needed To Demolish Amigo Supermarket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by DExplorer1: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
y2kaustin: ....I hope you have started calling ur con-men brodas up north to return home b4 ur clueless,daft governor takes action.Cos,u guy are about to be declared,Endangeared specie.
Well, too many people here has given you the reply you deserve but next time, think like a sane mind before making comment on innocent matters.

Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
Onlytruth:

This is why I personally think that Islam will find it VERY HARD to establish in Igboland. This mindset of always threatening violence in the face of slighest grievance.
Churches have been severally demolished in Nigeria in the North, West and East, and no Christian ever threatens violence because of it. I am now beginning to understand why some believe that Islam and peace are like oil and water that can NEVER mix. I don't fear for Onitsha or Anambra state because I know that my people are capable of dealing with any trouble maker.
I wish the governor God's speed as he demolishes everything in the way of beautification of the bridge head. cool
We Anambrarians are SOLIDLY behind you! cool cool cool
“Do not think that I have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
send peace, but a sword. I
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
10:34-35)
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by asha80(m): 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Antivirus92: so there are no other owerre people here? Only you a muslim saw him. Let the owerri people here say it's true and not you a far yoruba or hausa fabricating it
why do you think i am muslim?me yoruba or hausa?nna onwe kwara otu isi eku ume.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jul 28, 2012
Lack of religious tolerance.

Let's say Nigeria splits tomorrow, how peaceful would the ex-SE part of Nigeria be? I really feel sorry for una.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BlackPikiN(m): 6:56pm On Jul 28, 2012
There are Igbo muslims but they are 0.1% of the Igbo population.

Uwana in Afikpo happens to be one part where you will find Igbo muslims even though the concentration of Muslims there are from the north and SW.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2012
Hi
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2012
asha 80: why do you think i am muslim?me yoruba or hausa?nna onwe kwara otu isi eku ume.
then why are talking rubbish? Inuru kai-kai?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by BlackPikiN(m): 6:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Let's say Nigeria splits tomorrow, how peaceful would the ex-SE part of Nigeria be? I really feel sorry for una.

Have you ever heard the Igbo Christains killing the Igbo Muslims?

Why not feel sorry for your area adaka, I will bring up post about religious intolerance in parts of Oyo state.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Why not feel sorry for your area adaka, I will bring up post about religious intolerance in parts of Oyo state.

LOL cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

akthedream: “Do not think that I have
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
am sent to set a man
against his father, a
daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew

You see, it's your type that twist the Bible upside down, you pick one side of the bible and read, while you blind your eyes to the other.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Dawdy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28, 2012
norseman2: boko haram member speaking
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
am sent to set a man
against his father, a daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
This is ur Jesus' statement! See as it resembles that of Boko Harame.
We muslims dont believe Jesus (peace be upon Him) could say this.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Mrchippychappy(m): 7:03pm On Jul 28, 2012
ikennaobi: Antivirus there are igbo muslims o....I mean FORCED igbo muslims in the north grin grin grin

A true igbo man can NEVER be forced to embrace a religion or ideology he doesn't want or like. Any so called "forced igbo muslim" is a fake muslim (because he was forced to embrace the religion) , a fake christian (because he denied the true religion and the one and only GOD) and a fake igboman (for being a coward) . We don't need such type of people in igbo land and we should get rid of such people with IMMEDIATE effect. There is always a choice ! If an igbo man finds himself in a position whereby customers / business partners are hostile to him because of his refusal to embrace a BARBARIC RELIGION then he can always move to a region or location where civilization exists . Ndi anambra must support their government in breaking down that shrine where blood thirsty vampires have their meeting . Babylon MUST fall IGBOLAND cool

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2012
BlackPikiN:

How many people on this thread have confessed to never meeting an Igbo muslim? Judging by thier posts, they wouldn't tolerate one if they ever meet one.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ifechez: 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
ozoebuka1: please dont let me curse u ooo! orlu, where? dumbass.
Afu nsi dika gi. Before you open that gutter you call mouth. I will like you to take a trip to bright street at onitsha main market and ask of Alhaji Tijani. The man sells shoes and hand bags. He is from AMAIFEKE in ORLU.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by phreakabit(m): 7:05pm On Jul 28, 2012
BlackPikiN: There are Igbo muslims but they are 0.1% of the Igbo population.

Uwana in Afikpo happens to be one part where you will find Igbo muslims even though the concentration of Muslims there are from the north and SW.

If we can wipe out 0.1% so that peace will reign, I call it fair game.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2012
rash47:

Well said bro, u hit d nail on the head

Southerners should thank mother nature for ecology,sea coast,endowed resources, without all these they are not in anyway better than their haramic cousins upnorth
oh realy, you want to talk about love to Igbo people? Wait until you lose a close relative or family member in the north under the guise of BH to the point they now use them as a threat to everyone. Seriously, people should learn to comment with perspective and in context, echoing redundant point like the one above is the reason there is realy hate amongst us. When people hurt their fellow country men in whatever guise and refuse to admit it that what they have done is wrong but instead expect to be treated with love and friendliness. If Igbo people are angry, my friend it is very justifiable, that we have not rushed to retaliate and avenge our kiths and kins' dwliberate murder in the north shows that we are an understing set of people that love peace and respect people. Take your redundant preachament to the northerners am sure they will need it more.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by str8talk1: 7:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
gists:

Gov. Fashola (a muslim) demolished a mosque in Lagos and absolutely nothing happened because he presented concrete case to justify the action beyond objection to any sensible human. But you'll be looking for trouble to just demolish a mosque (or any building) and the only reason you can give is
Rubbish!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by ACM10: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
asha 80: i wish you post a pic of that place people who are ignorant of that place will appreciate the eyesore there.i know say u get some pics of osha.

I never knew that this issue will ever arise. I was at Bridge Head market exactly one yr ago. It rained on that day and I took shelter at the back of the mosque in a shop where they sells mattress. The place was a muddy mess. The day I visited the market coincided with their prayer day. The place where the mosque was located is supposed to be an open place. Most of the structures there are makeshift structures. The environment is very dirty too. Infact, those areas are in dire need of Upper Iweka styled treatment. I will try to provide photos when next I visits.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by str8talk1: 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ejiné: I think muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed' undecided
Spot on!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 28, 2012
ozoebuka1: please dont let me curse u ooo! orlu, where? dumbass.
dont mind that dude! am from orlu too and i havent set my eyes on any muslim from my place.i have 2 friends who r muslims and they are from anambra.one of dem converted to a muslim after marrying an alhaji and became the 4th wife! d other was born a muslim. SMH for both of dem!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:11pm On Jul 28, 2012
Dawdy:
come to send peace on
earth. I did not come to
am sent to set a man
against his father, a daughter against her
mother, and a daughter-
in-law against her
mother-in-
law” (Matthew
This is ur Jesus' statement! See as it resembles that of Boko Harame.
We muslims dont believe Jesus (peace be upon Him) could say this.

Unlike you qur'an (terrorist training manual), when Jesus made that statement, it was a metaphorical statement. Kinda like the parables, after all, the same Bible said, the words of God is edger and sharper than a two-edged sword. In other words, the sword Jesus meant was NOT violence, rather disagreement. He was talking about those who deny him, he will deny them before his own father, Christ was passing on a message.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jul 28, 2012
Religious intolerance and ignorance:

Ejiné: I think muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed' undecided
This one got 11 likes.

ceejay80s: Make dem demolish am jor, wetin osama people dey find for my land?

sammirano: There is no Igo muslim if there is any it will be an Igbo bastard from maybe hausa or yoruba

illiest:

Dont mind the lie lie people. Igbo man go RATHER DO JUJU than become a muslim

De-Grace01:
Gov. Obi pls go ahead and pull-down the mosque if u r determine to cleanse and beautify bridgehead ok. Those silly extremist cannot do anything, for God's sake d r making mouth forgetin that we r talkin abt amambra state not sokoto or maidugri. Rubbish.

manny4life:

My friend SHUT THE HELL UP mechie onu gi. If you have nothing to contribute, leave the thread.

As for the Igbo's who're muslims - carry go, me think SE would not accomodate you, you better pack your sh/it and move down north angry angry angry

I wonder what would happen if one of their popular Igbos on NL reveals that she's Muslim.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by rhymz(m): 7:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

why U dey always ja bo like person wey no get sense. You see a discussion, just just jump in butt-naked with your brain in a bag and you start writing like a kid suffering from autism. . Na wa o, must you always be BIMBO?
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
Religious intolerance and ignorance:

This one got 11 likes.

I wonder what would happen if one of their popular Igbos on NL reveals that she's Muslim.

Who would that be? YOU?

If an Igbo person reveals they're Muslim, that's their own headache, I will accept them, but it doesn't mean I will entertain them. There's a clear difference between both. I think we give a fair hand when we accept them amongst our midst, but wanting more, is highly unacceptable. You know the adage, "if you give someone an inch, they'll want a mile".
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jul 28, 2012
abdurrazaq: To those who believe that (we) the Yorubas are not “real muslims“, there is a sentence we recite during salat - Semi‘a LLAHU limon hamidaHU - meaning ‘Only GOD knows HIS true worshipper‘. (We) the Yorubas are the pride of Islam in Nigeria and Africa.
To the affected worshippers in Onitsha, if the government wants the mosque demolished so be it, just make sure any other site for a new mosque should be approved by the planning authorities to avoid future demolition. Letting the government have their way on the issue doesn‘t mean they failed as muslims rather, it is an act of belief on their part.
May GOD bless us with peace in NIGERIA. AMYN
You are the kind of Muslim friends I have.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

Who would that be? YOU?

If an Igbo person reveals they're Muslim, that's their own headache, I will accept them, but it doesn't mean I will entertain them. There's a clear difference between both. I think we give a fair hand when we accept them amongst our midst, but wanting more, is highly unacceptable. You know the adage, "if you give someone an inch, they'll want a mile".

How exactly do they want more?

You're taking away their sanctuary, their place of worship and you call it "wanting more"?

Is this the lame excuse you're using to justify this demolition? I'm not even concerned about that, what's more appaling is the display of religion intolerance and ignorance on this thread. i.e "muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed'

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by crackhouse(m): 7:17pm On Jul 28, 2012
Igbos? Muslims? Did they join muslims to get contracts from them or what?. Just asking b/cos i know an Enugu state guy that joined muslims in Abj and go to mosque all the time just to get connections.

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Antivirus92(m): 7:18pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sweetnecta: you ignorant people think islam is not part of igbo, ever.
i am sure the animists used to be this ignorant about christianity entering indigbo.

i am sure that igbo men and women are fast becoming muslims.
i know many and indeed, i am married to one of them.

now swallow this better pill.

InshaAllah islam will wax stronger, bigger and prominent in the igbo ethnic group. Amin.
i am not surprise, it runs in ur islamic lineage;LIES!. Islam will, i repeat will never come nearer to igboland. Remove the hausa/yoruba muslims in igboland and islam is no more there!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

How exactly do they want more?

You're taking away their sanctuary, their place of worship and you call it "wanting more"?

They want more by erecting Mosque and their random place of worship. Sooner or later, the house will pass a bill that all states MUST accommodate them. If you're a Muslim, STAY IN YOUR HOUSE. No one wants you outside, because their religion is NOT of peace but WAR and VIOLENCE. I'll rather have a Buddhist, Jewish, than have an Islmaist...tufia.

Yes we're taking away their sanctuary, they can erect another if they choose, after all we're not taking away their right to worship. Worship isn't about the place people gather but the sincerity of the practice. So they can go to the bush and still build their sanctuary...

1 Like

Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 28, 2012
Sweetnecta: you ignorant people think islam is not part of igbo, ever.
i am sure the animists used to be this ignorant about christianity entering indigbo.

i am sure that igbo men and women are fast becoming muslims.
i know many and indeed, i am married to one of them.

now swallow this better pill.

InshaAllah islam will wax stronger, bigger and prominent in the igbo ethnic group. Amin.

Jazakallah. smiley
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by str8talk1: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
I hate 2 sound like an extremist,but i'll b objective.
d bottomline is dat most mosques location dont hv C of O neither do dey hv building plan. So if dat mosque hv none,then it has 2 give way. Shikana!
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
manny4life:

They want more by erecting Mosque and their random place of worship. Sooner or later, the house will pass a bill that all states MUST accommodate them. If you're a Muslim, STAY IN YOUR HOUSE. No one wants you outside, because their religion is NOT of peace but WAR and VIOLENCE. I'll rather have a Buddhist, Jewish, than have an Islmaist...tufia.

Yes we're taking away their sanctuary, they can erect another if they choose, after all we're not taking away their right to worship. Worship isn't about the place people gather but the sincerity of the practice. So they can go to the bush and still build their sanctuary...

And then you guys get mad when Eko-Ile starts saying the same thing about Igbos in Lagos.

I see.
Re: Plan To Demolish Mosque In Onitsha: Muslims Protest by manny4life(m): 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

Is this the lame excuse you're using to justify this demolition? I'm not even concerned about that, what's more appaling is the display of religion intolerance and ignorance on this thread. i.e "muslims of Igbo extraction should be 'cleansed'

Did you say religious intolerance? Have you been smoking again?

Tell that those Islamist bigots who have killed scores of Christians around Northern Nigeria, Africa and even globally. Abeg, leave that story, how can you speak of religious intolerance when Islam brought the fire upon itself?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo / Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.