Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,153 members, 7,807,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? (52681 Views)

‘I Was Better Than Maldini’ - Taribo West / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by onila(f): 9:01pm On Jul 28, 2012
support team Nigeria!! proud of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTS4l9-Ffo

good 2 Nigerian Americans coming back 2 represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQTwK1UkQE
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by IJILEOduaMan: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2012
c-baba:
LONDON...ARE YOU OU.TTA UR MIND(sorry am actually vexing for one guy like that,but whc kain q be dis?) U know c Mr Bean,Mr Bond and the conductor..Guy that movie would have overshot the charts...I was watching the whole 4 hours..MADD splendor....i hear the chinese guys r beefing
ps: and if u actually chose china,tell us y,dont just write,do tell y!
LONDON 4 d World, BEIJING 4 just Asia... Give It Up 4 d Brits
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by MagnumPI: 9:39pm On Jul 28, 2012
shymmex:

Educating you on how to articulate your points in a precise/concise way, without the other mumbo jumbo crap you posted earlier.

Look at this nigga? You are trying to educate someone? How can you educate someone when you did not finish school? Nigga, educate yourself first!
Razzmatazz mudafuka!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by coogar: 9:45pm On Jul 28, 2012
ROSSIKE:

Oh please shut the hell up. That someone didn't fancy the British show doesn't imply they ''didn't understand it''. What rubbish is that? What is the great complex mystery behind what they were showing? For many people the ceremony was CRAP. Pure and simple. And most definitely inferior to the show put up by Beijing. Don't come in here patrionising anyone with any British nonsense. Many think it was crap. Deal with it.

there are many simpletons in the world(including yourself).....so i accept many would think it was crap - majority didn't think it was crap so deal with it!

ROSSIKE:
The ''whole world'' enjoyed it only if you were watching BBC or some other western mouthpiece HYPE station. When you get your nose out of the asss of western propaganda, you'll realise that ''the whole world'' does not start and end in the BBC news station and the hype they drum down your head.

it was crap and yet your country of birth cannot boast of 24 hrs of uninterrupted power supply - what a twerp! nigerians love to criticise even as they wallow in unending poverty!

I found a lot of the satanic imagery in the ceremony quite frankly disgusting. There were clear subliminal messages in that ceremony that need careful scrutiny as to what exactly they were trying to convey to the world.

satanic imagery? lol....
as opposed to the daylight armed robbery, ritualism, kidnapping, oppression, funds embezzlement, modern day slavery, organised prostitution, advanced fee fraud, human trafficking, etc that your country is a world power in?
you must be a lunkhead! nigerians are the last set of people on the planet that should complain about satanism.....satan's favourite country is nigeria - deal with that

cap28:
you are without a doubt a platinum plated fool.

ARE YOU AWARE THAT THE NHS IS IN THE PROCESS OF BEING DISMANTLED AND PRIVATISED BY THE TORIES??

RUBBING WHAT IN THE FACE OF AMERICA? WE ARE FOLLOWING IN AMERICA'S FOOTSTEPS - A WESTERN NATION WHERE HEALTHCARE IS ONLY AVAILABLE TO THOSE WHO CAN AFFORD TO PAY FOR IT.

You need to spend less time on NL and more time actually learning more about the country you claim to live in.

few words for you.....
when stupidity and dementia had unprotected sex some 35 years ago, you were the product of that union! it's quite unfortunate, don't you think?
cap28 - the field nigga executive that hates britain but won't leave their country! unrepentant asswax!

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by MMM2(m): 9:59pm On Jul 28, 2012
9ja's own Is d best
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Raimond(m): 10:24pm On Jul 28, 2012
Beijing was better!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Onegai(f): 10:38pm On Jul 28, 2012
Both were different.
Chinese culture is very old and perfect, Asian cultures crave perfection in all things. Japanese have a (cherry-blossom) Sakura viewing ceremony and the Chinese invented the Tea Ceremony, events which emphasize spectacle, detail and perfection and balance. So the Beijing opening reflected that.

The British have a culture which is very cutting-edge and groundbreaking, they are usually the first to absorb something new from any place and try and make their own (talk to an American to understand this, a brit will travel to naija and eat naija food, an american will ask for his type of food in Nigeria, they're like nigerians, very unadventurous spirit). The Brits are adventurous, naughty, fun-loving people when they let loose and conservative when they're in trouble. So the London opening reflected wit, humanity and cheekiness.

If you like perfection and a glamorous display, you'll love the Beijing. If you crave wit and a offhand sense of humour, you'll love the London.

I love wit and humanity, also, the chinese replaced a girl for having crooked teeth and used her voice with a better-looking child. And their volunteers were grim and unsmiling (probably not volunteers). The London volunteers, well, I saw a young black male volunteer hug an elderly white female volunteer at the end of the games, everyone was cheering each other.

Make what you will of that.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Tczar(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
I thnk i cn rem aw d openin ceremony in Beijing was,it was like magic,london really tried bt it's nt as interestin & cool as beijing.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by swizz01(m): 10:49pm On Jul 28, 2012
Pls hu eva says beijing Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ beta dan london shd beta clean his/her eyez very well cz London ceremony wz NATURAL while Beijing wz full of TECHNOLOGY..ђã†̥ we want Iƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇ somtin NATURAL aπϑ dts ђã†̥ London gave τ̅☺ us...imagine †ђξ film concept ow JAMES Bond picked up †ђξ Queen of England,Mr Bean,etc....D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ were on point....I giv it τ̅☺ LONDON

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by MrGlobe(m): 10:55pm On Jul 28, 2012
^
stfu illiterate 90% of the world today has gone tech. you can remain in the 70s with your primitive azz. smh
@coogar are you queen Elizabeth cuz even her can't be more British than you. unfortunately you are Nigerian. smh
Beijing is light years better than conservative London. Beijing was futuristic.. Nice show. people just suffer from dementia
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by savcy(m): 11:07pm On Jul 28, 2012
Apparently The Brit were overwhelmed by d euphoria of hosting d Olympics,evident from dia bemusing dancesteps. Lots of d displays nd performances, evidently,were under-rehearsed. The Brits are basicaly witout comprehensible Culture,dats y pro-Brits say d ceremony wil b 'hard' 2 comprehend.

The One thing I enjoyed were my Naija boiz on Dark shades at night.. Naija no dey carry last..#Efizy# grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2012
onila: obviously China! they spent hundreds of millions, millions of dollars while London just spent 40 million dollars!

London own was good but china one was the best!
it dsnt matter hw much spent
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2012
onila: support team Nigeria!! proud of them!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDTS4l9-Ffo

good 2 Nigerian Americans coming back 2 represent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hQTwK1UkQE
ur so nigerian...frm ur post to ur profile. i love it...keep it on...
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Tolaaaaannni(f): 12:03am On Jul 29, 2012
Beijing was absolutely better by a long shot... London's was so boring, i changed the channel after 10 mins of watching children and adults jump around in a make believe garden.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by searay(m): 12:15am On Jul 29, 2012
China China China
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by folahann(m): 12:45am On Jul 29, 2012
Well, it all depends on personal interests.

I know these days most people listen to music not for the lyrics. They want it to be 'sweet' so they can just dance and hear curses and sexually offensive words. These songs make it even if the artist is saying complete rubbish.

Some people watch movies just to see fight or to laugh.. Nothing concern them about story line. Only when it is nollywood story about love.

Some people prefer to watch picture and chat on facebook all day rather than create\read important blogs or news articles online.

Some people just dey drink coke and chop sugary and fatty foods. They know nothing about Coffee and think lettuce is meant for goats.

Instead of reading a novel for less than a week, they will watch the movie series for up to a year.

On Dstv, na Africa Magic from am to pm whereas there are great channels that show documentary, news, history and other educative programs.

I'm sure the Beinjin peers know the category they fall. The London concept was exceptional but I don't expect everybody to be able to comprehend.

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by iykak47: 1:37am On Jul 29, 2012
Beijing all the way.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by bubyuguy: 2:08am On Jul 29, 2012
England might say : You wouldn't know except you're a part of us, the ceremony was telling so much about the history..
then I'll say :
Come on guys, the show not just FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY..it was for every part of the world which are absolutely doesn't know well about your details..
The whole world waitin for an awesome and spectacular show to represent how spectacular the event is..

Yeah you're good on telling us the detail of your history, but totally failed to telling us about how great the opening ceremony in the eyes of the world.
#Two thumbs up for Beijing-2008 Opening Ceremony

2 Likes

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Nobody: 2:18am On Jul 29, 2012
muffins99:

waka!!!... hows that for a quick post.
Hahahahahahahaha. Laughing My arse out. Quick One Indeed. Lolz
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by DinhoMVP: 4:45am On Jul 29, 2012
Rhino.5dm:
Beijing . London is just overly hyped.
guy did u watch d opening ceremony? Did u folo d storyline? dat ws nt jst a computerised show it ws a well written script articulately interpreted with finese frm medieval times 2present day...takin natn away frm d chinese dough, i givd it 2 d brits dat ws da bomb!!!!!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by TerryCarr(m): 4:59am On Jul 29, 2012
Beijing screams we are the next superpower grin
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by fasmut(m): 6:52am On Jul 29, 2012
Iyfe Namikaze: hey make i hear word jor! Do u knw hw many times i fell asleep last nite? 3 gud times. The only thing that woke me up was wen nija was parading..popsy woke me up to see it.
Omo this british no get culture oo! The only thing that made sense there was the rural display to the indusrial period.. And that was the END! Everyother thing that follows were disorganosed! Utter rubbish. They just showed up sum gurela daville,mary popins etc... So james bond is nw part of british culture? And a boy wit his ipad... O come on! They culd hav done better.
Go back and watch that china opening..
I actually agree with dis also. Chinko was colourful. The main prob dis british av is dat they don't av culture, so what do u expect? Abeg nija fit do betta
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by naptu2: 7:33am On Jul 29, 2012

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Emilord(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2012
London opening ceremony was just a crap,not even better than Abuja COJA GAMES 2003 opening ceremony.Anyway,d british are conservatives by nature,so what do u expect 4rm them?
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Skmoda360(m): 7:45am On Jul 29, 2012
mawojuuche: definately Beijing. it was more colourful n fun
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Skmoda360(m): 7:46am On Jul 29, 2012
mawojuuche: definately Beijing. it was more colourful n fun
i'l go with you
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by justwise(m): 8:39am On Jul 29, 2012
olasquare: the Brits av it....it was not only a spledour: it recorded one or two 1st' in d history of d olympics

You are absolutely right! A record 40.7 million Americans watched NBC television's coverage, 6 million more than for the opening ceremonies from Beijing in 2008, and also beat the 39.8 million audience for the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996.

This is actually recorded one still that number of people tuned in to watch it.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/28/entertainment-us-olympics-nbc-idUSBRE86R0MZ20120728

Most summer gamed watched in 50yrs.

http://uk.eonline.com/news/333849/danny-boyle-s-london-2012-opening-ceremony-most-watched-in-50-years-breaks-record?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Henries: 8:56am On Jul 29, 2012
Give it 2 london 2012,it ws a pure class,d fun is second 2 non mayb 1 of d best dt hs eva happend in d history of olympic.i ws glued 2 my tv cs its nt gonna b rite missin anytin nt for a sec.i lov it
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Rhino5dm: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2012
No need quoting me, state your opinion or bounce.

we are different and as such, don't expect our views to be thesame. that said.

I was bored to the bone by the sham and display of near-sleeping crap exhibited by the brits. A mockery of opening ceremonies of all times. Even my dog knows that it was an outright bullchit.

*spits and walks away*

DinhoMVP:
guy did u watch d opening ceremony? Did u folo d storyline? dat ws nt jst a computerised show it ws a well written script articulately interpreted with finese frm medieval times 2present day...takin natn away frm d chinese dough, i givd it 2 d brits dat ws da bomb!!!!!
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by safeLove(f): 9:11am On Jul 29, 2012
Sentiments aside. Boyle did a good job with his script/idea as displayed at the opening ceremony of London 2012 olympics. But, let's be honest,if he translates the same script to a motion picture movie,how many of you would spend your hard earned cash to watch some boring british history movie. I'd rather watch titanic again,at least I'll shed some tears and get my money's worth.
Many of those saying the Brit did a good job have some sentimental attachment to UK. I don't have any attachment (or weave on) to either UK or China,but I give it to Beijin any day. And yes,I know Naija can't do any better but I still love my country even with all its drama.

1 Like

Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by Aifey(m): 9:22am On Jul 29, 2012
Both can nt b compared 4any 1 tht realy watched it. Beijin was spectacular n intrestin. I even slept off wtchin london clueless movie.
Re: London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? by justwise(m): 9:24am On Jul 29, 2012
safeLove: Sentiments aside. Boyle did a good job with his script/idea as displayed at the opening ceremony of London 2012 olympics. But, let's be honest,if he translates the same script to a motion picture movie,how many of you would spend your hard earned cash to watch some boring british history movie. I'd rather watch titanic again,at least I'll shed some tears and get my money's worth.
Many of those saying the Brit did a good job have some sentimental attachment to UK. I don't have any attachment (or weave on) to either UK or China,but I give it to Beijin any day. And yes,I know Naija can't do any better but I still love my country even with all its drama.

. . .and many saying Beijin is better don't have sentiment attached to China and a proven ant-west squad?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

OOU student dies in a stampede during Barca vs Liverpool match (photos) / Ifeanyi Uba Slaps Ebele Obi For Punching A Referee(video / Asamoah Gyan Goes Broke, Has Just £600?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.