Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,595 members, 7,801,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:53 PM

Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (22332 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Anniesalis(f): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Hmmm.. May God help us sha, cos i do most of these things bt hate it wen someone around does same thing

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Tolaaaaannni(f): 7:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk: LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

Marriage is a union mostly within two people from absolutely opposite backgrounds.

Statistics have shown that most problems in married homes are usually very trivial and avoidable acts which if well checked, could have been avoided.

People have gone to court to seek for divorce for the flimsiest of reasons.

Below are some of the acts both men and women need to check to enable a happy and non tensed home front.

* Getting up from the bed without bothering to lay it.

* Leaving items liter around the living room and bed room.

*Not agreeing to if the toilet seat should be kept down or up.

*Refusing to take food from the bottom of pot.

* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

* Chatting or Playing with your phone, laptop, tablet, reading a book or watching tv while your spouse is saying or complaining of something important.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

*Refusing to eat a food if there's no meat, fish or egg decorated on it.

* Refusing to flush the WC after using the rest room.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Piling up dishes in the sink.

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

* Too pompous to use the words "thank you, I am sorry, Please".

* throwing used diapers around instead of disposing them properly.

* Buying luxury items without prior consent of your partner.

* Thinking you don't owe your partner an explanation for coming home late or leaving the house at whatever time you want.

* Going through your partners items (phones, laptops, pockets, hand bags etc) all for the sole aim of catching them cheating.

* Always eavesdropping on your partners phone and physical conversation with family, friends, colleagues, neighbors and strangers.

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

At least one of the above listed is a major cause while a marriage is about to get disolved aside major reasons like infidelity, Finance, and Family interferance.

This shouldn't be enough to end a marriage, that's just absurd. My little sister does most of the things that are listed up here, but i haven't disowned her because of it.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by isalegan2: 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2012
stagger: In my own case, the towel business was such an issue. When I was small, I would drop my wet towel on the bed, dress up, then take the towel out. When I got married, I found out that even allowing a wet towel on the bed became a big issue.

Sometimes I like to just tie wrapper because I like air to get to my unmentionables once in a while. My wife just hates it. She prefers me wearing shorts and boxers to appreciate my legs.

Then she has this habit of leaving the bathroom without properly drying her legs, leaving a trail of water that she most times, does not bother to clean. As a domestic safety freak, that drives me mad! I also don't like it when the last of the pot of soup is served and wait for it... no meat! And I am told that the meat finished because I took more than my allocated two pieces on day 1 of the soup. I recall the same thing with my mum years back so I sometimes forgive that one. I have of course, found a way to always make sure extra meat is available once the soup or stew is finishing so there are no stories.

And then the hair net business. Why would a husband pay for his wife to look good, only for that pleasure to go to outsiders and he be left with hair nets all the time? I hate hair nets. I simply loathe them. . .

LOL grin cheesy

acidtalk: LITTLE ATTITUDES THAT CREATE BIG PROBLMS IN HOMES.

* Leaving items liter around the living room and bed room.

* Refusing to eat the top of a sliced bread even when you tore the wrapper open.

* Walking out on your spouse while he/she is complaining of what is hurting them.

* Refusing to flush the WC after using the rest room.

* Refusing to mop the floor after littering water all over the floor after having a bath.

* Piling up dishes in the sink.

I will beat someone into unconsciousness if they repeatedly did the above. angry cry

* Not turning off the electronics while going to bed or leaving the house.

Let them burn the house down nau; that'll teach 'em. undecided

* Too pompous to use the words "thank you, I am sorry, Please".

You mean there are men people that use all three? shocked lipsrsealed tongue

* Waking your partner from their sleep only to complain about events that happened during the day.

I will be doing this often. undecided wink

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:48pm On Jul 29, 2012
27naira:
Wearing hair nets indiscriminately ( i so much hate it when girls wear hair nets in the morning walking around aimlessly angry )

Guy, are you for real? So you hate it? Wow! I never knew some one like you exist oh.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Guy, are you for real? So you hate it? Wow! I never knew some one like you exist oh.

He isn't the only one that hates it. I think we are many that don't like it one bit.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:32pm On Jul 29, 2012
acidtalk:

He isn't the only one that hates it. I think we are many that don't like it one bit.

Wow! I never knew you people plenty for this category. I only have my hair net on when I'm praying on the go or if I forget to remove it when I get out of bed.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by zaliya(f): 11:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Nobody has said anything about IN-LAWS Coming to live with u like FOREVER!!! They could cause 'WAHALA'.
I had a cousin whose brother- in -law came to visit and then DECIDED to stay for about 15 long years without leaving. It actually took family and village meetings to take him out. He later tagged my cousin that fed him for the whole 15 years a WITCH!

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 11:19pm On Jul 29, 2012
ferhyntorlah:

Wow! I never knew you people plenty for this category. I only have my hair net on when I'm praying on the go or if I forget to remove it when I get out of bed.

If your usual time to get out of bed is 6am please set a seperate alarm for 5:45am. That time is to remind you to pull it off. It isn't sexy one bit seeing that thing on even a beauty queen.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by sashaa(f): 12:00am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

Have a friend that did the exact two yesterday and I was really crossed.

aww, take it easy on us, plz. We dont mean to get u crossed. Am not much of a food person so meat, fish, egg ar like motivators for me. But wen am really famished, i wunt mind eating it plain.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by sashaa(f): 12:04am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk: ^^^
So even those that walk around in hair net at 10am are probably sleep walking as well.

Somenice looking ladies could walk few blocks to go buy something and that isn't just cute one bit.
cant be seen outdoors with hairnets. Not cute like u said. But i wear them at home even when am awake for hair that get in d way. Its for comfort
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by teewai27: 12:23am On Jul 30, 2012
Interesting topic.
My hubby and I have been married for almost 3yrs and we've kinda gotten used to the fact that the other person won't always do things exactly the way we want. BUT I don't think I can ever get used to his snoring!
Its a major problem. I just wish it wasn't so....annoying angry
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by DonJuan1(m): 2:32am On Jul 30, 2012
A couple separated on their wedding night because the wife could not sleep without the light on while the husband preferred the light off. Insults and name calling started and the result was ... undecided
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by MrOldskoolJP(m): 3:30am On Jul 30, 2012
Wat of those of us wey neva marry yet nko?
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 4:48am On Jul 30, 2012
sashaa:
aww, take it easy on us, plz. We dont mean to get u crossed. Am not much of a food person so meat, fish, egg ar like motivators for me. But wen am really famished, i wunt mind eating it plain.

Ole! Mwhy you no buy eja shawa and pomo to be motivating you. Abi you no know how much crate of egg, fish and meat be now for market? Even pomo sef is now expensive.

Woooh! You better start motivating yourself with saliva oh!
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by shilling(f): 5:01am On Jul 30, 2012
Guilty of the wet towel and bread one. But so is the rest of my family.

I'm female and hair nets are def not sexy but I sometimes use them or just tie a scarf. The meat issue also seems to be a huge one and Idk why. I guess it's a Nigerian thing.

1 Like

Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by RuuDie(m): 6:01am On Jul 30, 2012
Having a 'best friend' of the opposite sex!
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by dkc(m): 6:40am On Jul 30, 2012
Billyonaire: Why should we care about all these minor things ? Marriages need not be perfect. Those lil fights here and there are what makes it marriage and not paradise.

what some of these things really sucks and to me its worth giving my partner a break. u wanna fight? then go to a wrestling ring, not me shocked.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by dkc(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2012
Ortis: If spouses truly love demselfs i tink spouses suld device a means of resolvin dis issues instead of fling der p's outside or court......peepz just marry becos *i tink i lyk dat guy* witout waitin 2 study nd knw demselfs.... I dnt even tink all dose trashs count
what happen to those who refuse to change? and even say you can't change them?
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by bendazum: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2012
27naira: Leaving doors open
Leaving lights on at day time (especially my UK folks) grin

Wearing hair nets indiscriminately ( i so much hate it when girls wear hair nets in the morning walking around aimlessly angry )
I agree with you on the net issue.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Steveonyekachi: 8:05am On Jul 30, 2012
I quarrel wit my girl friend last nyt cuz of this attitude of not washing up dishes after eating...she ate about 12pm and dump the dish to sleep and movie.. I ignored it...now wake up again by 6:30pm to eat the remianing food in the pot and dump it again...when I told her, she got angry...that I don't suppose to remind her...that she will do it at her convenient time...mean while the sink was filled wit used dishes..thank God for courtship b4 marriage
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Decryptor(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2012
It feels soooo good being a bachelor! noni
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by Decryptor(m): 8:35am On Jul 30, 2012
Steveonyekachi: I quarrel wit my girl friend last nyt cuz of this attitude of not washing up dishes after eating...she ate about 12pm and dump the dish to sleep and movie.. I ignored it...now wake up again by 6:30pm to eat the remianing food in the pot and dump it again...when I told her, she got angry...that I don't suppose to remind her...that she will do it at her convenient time...mean while the sink was filled wit used dishes..thank God for courtship b4 marriage
na wah for her o!
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 8:55am On Jul 30, 2012
Steveonyekachi: I quarrel wit my girl friend last nyt cuz of this attitude of not washing up dishes after eating...she ate about 12pm and dump the dish to sleep and movie.. I ignored it...now wake up again by 6:30pm to eat the remianing food in the pot and dump it again...when I told her, she got angry...that I don't suppose to remind her...that she will do it at her convenient time...mean while the sink was filled wit used dishes..thank God for courtship b4 marriage

I can just imagine how irritated you were.
Like you said, thank God for courtship before marriage.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by tonmandy(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2012
Ejaculating before ur wife reach orgasm.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by sashaa(f): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2012
acidtalk:

Ole! Mwhy you no buy eja shawa and pomo to be motivating you. Abi you no know how much crate of egg, fish and meat be now for market? Even pomo sef is now expensive.

Woooh! You better start motivating yourself with saliva oh!
wat is eja shawa?
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by melodyj(m): 11:38am On Jul 30, 2012
Sumtimes Divorce is a blessing nd not a curse most especially wen a man run into the hands of a deceitful woman nd finds it difficult to pull back, nd once given the opportunity it calls for a divorce. Isn't it a blessing to such a man. My pple if na me, i go throw the biggest bash in town on a Saturday evening and go for a thanksgiving/divorce blessing on Sunday morning. Infact, na me go even first every body come church
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by rosamaris: 12:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
All we need as marriage partners is Love, forbearing with one another and longgggggggggg suffering. All these things are very very trivial. It should not lead to divorce. Gentle correction works.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2012
rosamaris: All we need as marriage partners is Love, forbearing with one another and longgggggggggg suffering. All these things are very very trivial. It should not lead to divorce. Gentle correction works.

Marriage goes way beyond just love.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by ferhyntorlah(f): 11:18pm On Jul 30, 2012

I really don't like this habit of leaving unwashed dishes in the sink. To me, it all boils down to home training and individual traits. You might be advised against doing some things but it is left to you to either take it or ignore it.

When I was much younger, it was a huge task washing my plates after eating; I'll just leave it on the kitchen pavement beside the sink to wash when I'm in the mood but my mom won't hear of it. She would say nobody is your maid here, if you can eat then you must wash your plates before going to bed. Sometimes I obey sometime I don't. But would do it the following day.

As I increased in age and became wiser, I just dropped some habits naturally. Now, after eating I wash ASAP! I hate seeing dirty dishes and pots in the kitchen. I don't put dishes in the sink because doing so will damage the sink in the long run and also prevents one from using the sink for other purposes.

I love cooking in a neat kitchen especially when I wake up in the morning. There is nothing like cooking in an atmosphere of freshness and cleanliness.
Re: Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. by acidtalk: 4:42am On Jul 31, 2012
sashaa:
wat is eja shawa?

It is the most expensive kind of 'meat' on earth. Only Kings and Billionaires eat them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Read Out The “12 Commandments” Every Married Woman Must Obey (vid) / Lagos Housemaid Elopes With Boyfriend, Steals Madam's Money, Underwear / Men That Want Their Women Pregnant Before They Can Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.