Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:44 AM

Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash (15277 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Ombatse Traditionalists: Police Killed Our Members So We Killed 95 Of Them / 33 Feared Dead In Ogun As Coaster Bus Plunges Into River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by brownlord: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
alaoeri:
What u don't know is this muslin ain't fo00ls like others, don't oppress & don't allow anybody to oppress u. Standup for right, they are infasting period why 'll some set of ppl not government 'll now restrict them to their house bcuz of one meaningless festival.

What about in Anambra bro?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by DHeirApparent: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2012
All hands should be on deck to ensure the situation
Doesn't spiral out of control
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Abbycite(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
edoyad:

My friend let me explain something to you, WE LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY. WE ALL OPTED FOR THIS DEMOCRACY.
Have you heard the saying, "one man's rights ends where the other man's begins" ? If you understand that principle, you'll know why no group can just wake in the morning and emplace curfew on a town with a legitimate Government, existing within the entity of sovereign state called Nigeria. We are governed by laws derived from our constitution. These Laws are why you can own land and property anywhere in this country; that is why Military who drive their Vehicles on BRT lanes are sanctioned; that is why you and I can criticize Government fairly and not fear sleeping in a secret Police cell. Which side do you think would win this case in Court ?
It is also disheartening that the LG chairman is giving tacit support to the Cult's actions. It is very unfortunate undecided

You can choose to debate the legality of d situation all u want but the bottomline remains dat in a situation like dis, we can only help d issue by being tolerant with each other and by being tolerant, I mean sacrificing a little for d benefit of peace....we all know dat what is normal in d western world can be abnormal in dis part of dis world and vice versa....if all religions stood their ground on their belief, I wonder what will become of dis world we live in

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Holadokun(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Behave and act like romans when you are in Rome. . . . . It is jst 24hours why can't the muslims concor with the rules perphaps islamic met traditional religion in Nigeria
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by aribisala0(m): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2012
Mosmosis: .and dat why curse ismael dat he shal b wild like lion.go check d bible cause i knw 4 sure it was remove 4 quaran

Well there are at least two versions of the story.For a neutral person like me I see no reason why one should accept the Jewish account as superior to the Arabic account.Both are tales of their histories and nothing to do with "GOD" as they have misled Africans and Europeans to believe.People are more likely to believe whichever tale they grew up with.I have read both books what a lot of people do not know is in the middle east before Islam there were several other groups claiming Abrahamic ancestry. Even the Jewish account tells us that Abraham had other sons and that he was buried by "Ishmael" though detail was very scant and it is clear that Ishamael was "airbrushed" out of the Hebrew story. If we can see these tales as what they are Probably fictitious all round rather than of any godly origin we Africans will unshackle our enslaved minds.

By the way the statement of wild like A5S Genesis 16(not lion) was NOT a curse even in the bible;

"And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer." (Genesis 21:14-21 .

Ishmael,according to the bible was blessed by Jehovah but to a lesser extent than Isaac,
"And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation" (Genesis 17.20. and he buried his father.
Read your bible well

2 Likes

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 1:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
maryjames9: There should be mutual understanding and religious tolerance in this country.If the traditionalists festival clashes with ramadan,i believe the two leaders can come together and plan ahead even before now to avoid violence.The two festival is yearly,so they should sit down and try to be flexible in their stand.For me,if i know that ogun festival wil take a week,i'l order my church members to stay at home for security reasons and do their prayers at home.Banks and other corporate body will not open and even if they do,women wil be barred from work that week. Morever,muslims should prove to other religion that they represent peace cos almost every violence in this country have islam or islamist undertone.Yesterday in anambra,their spokesperson threatened violence and breakage of laws and order.Today it is Ogun.Offcourse boko haram. Islam has a lot to prove to the world that it represent peace like they profess. If not,well other religion must be ready to defend themselves from annihilation both in North,south,east and western Nigeria.
1. You need to read the story
2. The Cultists (not the Muslims) planned to restrict movement
3. Muslims told the government that it would affect them negatively during Ramadan.
4. The government called a meeting and asked people to confine their activities to their own part of town
5. The cultists breached that agreement and attacked muslims

Yet you have not said anything against the people who broke the agreement

Is this the truth that will set us free?

And would christians really stay at home during Easter/Christmas for the Cultists

maryjames9: Morever,muslims should prove to other religion that they represent peace cos almost every violence in this country have islam or islamist undertone.Yesterday in anambra,their spokesperson threatened violence and breakage of laws and order.Today it is Ogun.Offcourse boko haram. Islam has a lot to prove to the world that it represent peace like they profess.
Violence like kidnapping, armed robbery, rape, pipeline vandalisation? piracy
Like the Ife/Modakeke war, Umuleri/Aguleri battles, Tiv/Jukun Crisis?
Ijaw/Itsekiri crisis in Delta
Right?

maryjames9: If not,well other religion must be ready to defend themselves[/b]from annihilation both in North,south,east and western Nigeria.
[b]This is really your destination
All the previous statements were intended to give impression of objectivity
I really suggest that you join the marauding cultists to attack muslims who are going peacefully to mosque
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by gbadexy(m): 1:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
The answer to c.house and other bigots is simple, true muslims don't compromise and are not afraid of fetish and occultic people.
The muslims spoke out , even though both muslims and christians would be affected.
We have confidence because we are serving the true God and aren't scared of any traditional superstition.
Besides, we don't go to these cult groups to look for power to use in performing false miracles.
Our religion doesn't support exploiting of members through tithe, but encourages voluntary contribution for the upkeep of the mosque and LAYS emphasis rather on giving to the needy, so even our leaders aren't desperate for members not to talk of getting scared of ever approaching fetish people when provoked unlike their scared counterparts that go to them for powers.
Discerning people can truly see which religion is true and offers protection to you.
I have read the bible before, I challenge everybody to read the english version of the Quran with an open mind and compare. Its the continuation of the old Testament and not the adulterated, many versioned book.
The problem with Islam is the impression given by the extremists and the corrupt arab leaders, if it is propagated properly and people are patiently encouraged to read the Quran with an open mind, more than half of the world would convert because it appeals to reason and give eloquent answers to all spiritual question, without ambiguity
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 1:16pm On Jul 29, 2012
Holadokun: Behave and act like romans when you are in Rome. . . . . It is jst 24hours why can't the muslims concor with the rules perphaps islamic met traditional religion in Nigeria
Who are the Romans here? The Cultists? This is not a battle between Hausa/Fulani muslims and Ikenne indigenes
The muslims are Ikenne indigenes too

And this is not a story about who met who? It is about stay in your part of town and let others stay in their part of town
Is it 24 hours or 1 week
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by defemz(m): 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2012
Is there no christian in ikenne? muslims and troubles go hand in hand. SMH
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by imotondo(m): 1:24pm On Jul 29, 2012
curtain: THE gods ARE NOT TO BE BLAMED. ATTACK IS THE BEST FORM OF DEFENCE. THE ATTACK BY D CULTIST WAS JUST A WARNING SIGN TO THE MUSLIMS WHO THINK THEY ARE D ONLY ONES DAT KNW VIOLENCE, THE GOVT. HV BEEN GRANTIN SO MANY HOLIDAYS FOR THERE ISLAMIC FESTIVAL AND NO BODY COMPLAINED, NW THEY ARE CLAMOURING FOR A RIGHT AND FREEDOM. UR RIGHT STOPS WHERE ANODA PERSON'S BEGIN. BETWEEN ISLAM AND CULTIST RELIGION, WHICH ONE WAS FIRST PRACTICED IN OGUN STATE . IT IS ONLY A STUBORN FLY THAT EXCORTS DEAD BODY 2 THE GRAVE. COME OUT AND TEST UR POWERS TOO IF U CLAIM U ARE SERVING THE TRUE GOD....Hihihihii.Laughing in swahili
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by gbadexy(m): 1:29pm On Jul 29, 2012
For those that ask why muslims are involved in terrorism, I pasted a response from my previous posts.

' I have often read comments on NL about why
it appears that most terrorist organizations are
islamic affiliated and I want to try and give a
reasonable response to those assertions.
Before 1930 during the relocation of the jews
on palestinian land, the arabs were not
aggressive and intolerant to their neighbors.
The change in the attitude appears to be
perceived injustice done to the palestinians by
the americans in settling the jews on their land
and turning them to refugees in their own land
based on some obscure tale of 1500 years ago.
During those early occupation, there were
reports of massive isreali aggression on the
palestinians with killing of even pregnant
women and seizing of their villages. The leader
of the assault was menachem begin, he was
declared a TERRORIST and wanted for war
crime but he later became isreals prime
minister. Here is a link to details of his terror
gang and the initiator of terrorism in the
middle east. www.palestineremembered.com/
Acre/Famous-Zionist-Quotes/Story703.html
He and shamir waged terror on british and
palestinians during world war two and was
wanted by the british authority as a terrorist
while he and his partner were famous for
civilian massacre. Visit DEIR YASSIN for details.
As a result of the perceived injustice done to
the palestinians by the isreali backed by
america, several arab countries attacked isreal
in 1973 but were defeated by the isrealis that
have sophisticated american weapons.
That has being the genesis of the hatred of the
americans by the arab who see them as
oppressors. So what happened was the
emergence of militant organizations fighting
against oppression in palestinia not unlike the
militants in nigeria's niger delta region. Such
groups call themselves freedom fighters while
the opposition calls them terrorist.
The major issue seems to be about land and
not about religion and as the arabs are
predominantly muslims, such terror groups
formed by them would have islamic coloration
while it is purely a poltical radical pressure
group.
Also, religious sentiments are exploited by
these groups and they mislead gullible devoted
muslims into believing their political struggle is
a religious one so as to have willing followers.
History does repeat itself and I read about
great generals both in nigeria and abroad
reading military history.
Such religious manipulation has being in
existence since the medieval era where the
POPE controls the kings in europe by
withdrawing his bishops from a kingdom
leading to revolt by the superstitious populace
who believed they won't go to heaven if they
die and the priests do not perform burial rites
for them. They cannot also wed or christen
their children also, so as the people revolt, the
monarchs defer to the pope and the
excommunication is reversed.
Also, when the pope noticed the rise in the
spread of islam and its territories, fearing for
loss of influence, he called for volunteers to free
God's city ; jerusalem from the muslims and
that those that die are promised automatic
admission into heaven, not unlike what these
terror groups tell simple minded devoted
people.
So my point is that these terror groups have
political ideology which they implement by
using religion which they know people are
sentimental about.
That is the reason why religion was banned in
communist russia and described as the opium
of the people due to the way the religious
leaders were manipulating people with it.
Prophet mohammad that is being insulted by
some ignorant people expressly cautioned
against excesses and preaches moderation in
praying, fasting and everything. He was known
to have cautioned someone reported to pray
and read the the whole Quran every night on
moderation[muslims that disagree should go to
index in Quran and look for
moderation,explanation would be at the foot
notes].
So we as enlightened people should be able to
be objective and enlighten others instead of
preaching hate like the terrorists.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by gists: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2012
BetaThings:
1. You need to read the story
2. The Cultists (not the Muslims) planned to restrict movement
3. Muslims told the government that it would affect them negatively during Ramadan.
4. The government called a meeting and asked people to confine their activities to their own part of town
5. The cultists breached that agreement and attacked muslims

Yet you have not said anything against the people who broke the agreement

Is this the truth that will set us free?

And would christians really stay at home during Easter/Christmas for the Cultists

Violence like kidnapping, armed robbery, rape, pipeline vandalisation? piracy
Like the Ife/Modakeke war, Umuleri/Aguleri battles, Tiv/Jukun Crisis?
Ijaw/Itsekiri crisis in Delta
Right?

This is really your destination
All the previous statements were intended to give impression of objectivity
I really suggest that you join the marauding cultists to attack muslims who are going peacefully to mosque

I really tried to stay out of this thread and let ppl display dia hatred and f00lishness in public. I don't know ur faith and I don't care but after reading ur post I can't help but to say GOD BLESS U.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2012
Abbycite: I don't know why pple cannot reason for a second before commenting on any thread.

If u must know, the oro festival has being in existence since d inception of d town and it always take place every last saturday in July. I can tell u authoritatively dat it is not only a traditional thing but an avenue for cultural/heritage celebration (inidigenes of d town actually come down all over d world to take part).

However, during d celebration women are restricted from outdoor activities while d men can move freely. It is only a coincidence that it clash with d ramadan period dis year.

Now tell me, which one should go for d other....d one with a fixed date or d one with an unpredictable date.

Pple should learn to tolerate other belief...it wouldn't cost an arm/leg if d muslim women can observe their prayer indoor for dat 24 hours...

Ramadan is predictable to about 3 days
Check the history of the day of breaking of fasting
2008 30th of September
2009 20th of September
2010 9th of September
2011 31st August

And why must they take over the whole town. Where is the compromise?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by seunowokade(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
U talk sense jaare... 24hrs out of the 365day
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 1:38pm On Jul 29, 2012
china muslims against buddhist july 2009, india last week muslim settlers against real owners of the land. Jos for while muslims against christians, Myanmar muslims against buddhist, i can go on listing on and on the list is long. my question why cant muslims tolerate others yet they want to be tolerated, when will muslims sit and ask themselves y only us against other people. i still cant fantom why they feel they are more special than others common guys pls give peace a chance and learn to tolerate othes plsssssssssssss
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by revomind(m): 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2012
Chinom: One question still baffles me. Why are there so many muslims in Yoruba land anyway?. There are just as many mosques in Lagos as there are churches. A certain BH tendencies in SW worries me. I'm just concerned. That's all.

Don't worry about us. We'll be fine.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by KDULAR: 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2012
Oro is not a cult it is a tradition which belongs to each Yoruba community that has been in existence and as I know it while growing up, there had not been a disagreement as I am seeing it now. Adherents of other religions foreign and indigenious knows the time for Oro rites and respects it because it is one of the rites performed for the community. It is disheartening really for some people to want to blackmail the practice now. Intolerance is really gradually growing in Yoruba land to these days and it is because of nothing but mainly coming from both christians and moslems but we all obviously know where the violence will definitely erupt from. More and more intolerant sermon are being spewed out from the each pulpit and brothers are not seeing themselves as one again. May God help us
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2012
maryjames9: You people wil never fail to amaze me. Sometimes i cnt pick out what makes muslims such a violent radicalists. When it comes to religion,any average muslim can become unpredictably deadly. I would rather become an atheist than become a muslim.
I think you should know the law of average before you use it
There are millions of muslims in Nigeria

Statistics tell me that if people who number millions are on the average violent and deadly,
at 25% kill rate, over 250,000 will be dead every year
Is that the reality in Nigeria?
Where is the truth that will set you free?

Let me ask you again, will the Cultists stop Redeemed Camp from holding their event EVERY month?
Will you postpone Christmas because of Cultists

We need honest people in this country. Not only muslims need to tell the truth

maryjames9: I would rather become an atheist than become a muslim.

My christian friends have been asking me to become one
But I would need to first learn how to lie and twist facts to convert. I find that too tedious
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by greall1: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2012
Egun gun festival stopped because of ramadan in lagos state at mushin ojuwoye market
And they promise to continuou after ramadand anyone who know this area should confirm
The fact.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by greall1: 1:52pm On Jul 29, 2012
greall1: Egun gun festival stopped because of ramadan in lagos state at mushin ojuwoye market
And they promise to continuou after ramadan anyone who know this area should confirm
The fact.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 1:58pm On Jul 29, 2012
onojiwizard@gmail.com:
china muslims against buddhist july 2009, india last week muslim settlers against real owners of the land. Jos for while muslims against christians, Myanmar muslims against buddhist, i can go on listing on and on the list is long. my question why cant muslims tolerate others yet they want to be tolerated, when will muslims sit and ask themselves y only us against other people. i still cant fantom why they feel they are more special than others common guys pls give peace a chance and learn to tolerate othes plsssssssssssss
Really? keep listing
The Hausa christians in Jos, where do they belong in the Jos matter? Are they part of the muslims?
On this matter, who is the aggressor? All you need to lengthen your list is to just ask some christians to attack muslims somewhere

I can add Iraq, a predominantly christian state invaded muslim country. No christian tolerates that. We saw that in America, France, Sweden etc
But as soon as muslims resist oppression, you claim that muslims are aggressive
Against who?

Now list the major wars started by christians and list casualties
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Konsult07(m): 2:00pm On Jul 29, 2012
phildon: The first sign of civilization is respect for other people's feelings. Why will a cult group restrict movement of people during Ramadan and the muslims lodge their complains to the govt, and you are talking like this? I'm a xtiain, I beg you to be civilized even for once.

You pple don't seen to get it rit, dis cultist activities hv been on 4 many yrs whr as d so call muslims do participate in there activities if not 4 d ramadan dat come's up. Now tell me how can dey stop dem now al because of ur holy month.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2012
Konsult07:

You pple don't seen to get it rit, dis cultist activities hv been on 4 many yrs whr as d so call muslims do participate in there activities if not 4 d ramadan dat come's up. Now tell me how can dey stop dem now al because of ur holy month.

Nobody is asking them to stop. They are being asked to confine it to a certain part of town. Or are they the only citizens?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2012
stevenosa: When you are in the Northern part of this country, called Nigeria, you must do and obey the tradition of the inhabitant of that part. Now, they are here in the South complaining of ORO disturbing their movement. Are they the only people that were affected by the restriction? Those who knows the tradition in that part of the State have all moved to nearby towns, while should a stranger now be the one to go to the government and report. Time is running out my people. The earlier we stand our ground, the better.

Are the muslims in Ikenne not inhabitants?
Nobody said that the muslims were Igbos or Hausas.
Will christians keep quiet if this happened at Christmas and they said people could not move about
Be honest, I know it is hard though!
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by DHeirApparent: 2:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
We should very vigilant o. Its imperative
We don't loose focus
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Smart04(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2012
The muslims reported the cult does not mean they are formenting trouble.How could a cult member impose curfew on people just because of ORO festival or what did they call it during ramadan,is it not unheard of?Since we all have right to speech,there should be no course for alarm.Can you people(xtains) endorse it if the curfew was on xmas day?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by CHouse: 2:34pm On Jul 29, 2012
Funny how y'all emphasising on religious freedom and equity now. Logically what the Oro people did was made a pronouncement which isn't meant to be enforced by coercion in real sense thus you may choose to ignore it and go about your normal activities if you feel the supremacy of your own belief would ensure spiritual security for you. The constitution doesn't recognize black magic but it does identify with African traditional religion which structures by the way has been in place before the introduction of other religions in Nigeria. Infact i believe the traditionalist are the most tolerating religious sect in Naija. If Christians and Muslims can have 365 days to observe anything they wanna, why can't any peace-loving individual spare just this 24hrs for this sect for the sake of peace?

If you are going to pose as someone championing religious freedom, please make sure your deeds are exemplary too but i seem to have lost count on the numbers of killings, lynching and burning of churches in these past decades. Were those victims not entitled to freedom of worship and association?

In february 2002 for instance, muslims in ilorin turned violent while celebrating Eid-el-kabir and began attacking and killing Christians, burning the houses and businesses. How about the German Evangelist Reinhand Bonnke's crusade which was meant to hold in the state stadium initially but was forced outside the city. A programme scheduled for 5days was aborted on its second due to pressure on the government from your brothers and sisters in Islam. Are these things to be seen in a system that truly desire religious tolerance, freedom, and justice? Please!!!
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 29, 2012
al-ahamad:
I think the solution is to report those nitwits to BokoHaram nd let see if their juju can stand the fearless IED gadgets.....for every bad thing, theirs an advantage, now dis is an anvantage of bh....

Useless setanic people....

To the Muslims there....May Allah be with you all....aii
you want yoruba muslims in sw to report yoruba traditionalist also in sw to boko haram in the north;your plan is definately working.
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by Abbycite(m): 2:54pm On Jul 29, 2012
CHouse: Funny how y'all emphasising on religious freedom and equity now. Logically what the Oro people did was made a pronouncement which isn't meant to be enforced by coercion in real sense thus you may choose to ignore it and go about your normal activities if you feel the supremacy of your own belief would ensure spiritual security for you. The constitution doesn't recognize black magic but it does identify with African traditional religion which structures by the way has been in place before the introduction of other religions in Nigeria. Infact i believe the traditionalist are the most tolerating religious sect in Naija. If Christians and Muslims can have 365 days to observe anything they wanna, why can't any peace-loving individual spare just this 24hrs for this sect for the sake of peace?

If you are going to pose as someone championing religious freedom, please make sure your deeds are exemplary too but i seem to have lost count on the numbers of killings, lynching and burning of churches in these past decades. Were those victims not entitled to freedom of worship and association?

In february 2002 for instance, muslims in ilorin turned violent while celebrating Eid-el-kabir and began attacking and killing Christians, burning the houses and businesses. How about the German Evangelist Reinhand Bonnke's crusade which was meant to hold in the state stadium initially but was forced outside the city. A programme scheduled for 5days was aborted on its second due to pressure on the government from your brothers and sisters in Islam. Are these things to be seen in a system that truly desire religious tolerance, freedom, and justice? Please!!!

Thank u...and by d way am beginning to think seriously what dis world would have being without d Islamic religion.....a better place or what?
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 2:59pm On Jul 29, 2012
CHouse: Funny how y'all emphasising on religious freedom and equity now. Logically what the Oro people did was made a pronouncement which isn't meant to be enforced by coercion in real sense thus you may choose to ignore it and go about your normal activities if you feel the supremacy of your own belief would ensure spiritual security for you. The constitution doesn't recognize black magic but it does identify with African traditional religion which structures by the way has been in place before the introduction of other religions in Nigeria. Infact i believe the traditionalist are the most tolerating religious sect in Naija. If Christians and Muslims can have 365 days to observe anything they wanna, why can't any peace-loving individual spare just this 24hrs for this sect for the sake of peace?
Peace loving by declaring curfew?
I am not a christian. But I have not seen where Muslims have declared a curfew for one day before
So your 365 day thing is untrue

CHouse:

If you are going to pose as an objective commentator, please make sure that your posts are exemplary in regards to facts
"killings, lynching and burning of churches" in Ikenne?
Please pray tell when these unspeakable crimes happened in Ikenne

CHouse:

Burning and killing is never justified in Islam. We can prove it
Muslims also have its Rev King. But to judge muslims you meet in school, at work, etc based on activities of people who don't really know Islam is
to judge yourself as a Nigerian by the activities of yahoo-yahoo people

I speak for myself and practise Islam based on what I know about Islam. No christian who has ever interacted with me will say I am violent

1 Like

Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by jimmylexy: 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2012
There will always be problm btw muslims nd christians cos the muslims wont agree or listen dats d koko
Re: Tension In Ogun As Muslims, Traditionalists Clash by BetaThings: 3:12pm On Jul 29, 2012
Abbycite:

Thank u...and by d way am beginning to think seriously what dis world would have being without d Islamic religion.....a better place or what?

Without Islam,
World Wars I & II would not have happened
Nigeria would not have been colonised
King Jaja of Opobo would have reigned peacefully all his life
Bakassi would have remained part of Nigeria
Ife/Modakeke, Tiv/Jukun, Umuleri/Aguleri crises, yahoo-yahoo, rap.ing, kidnapping, piracy, armed robbery would have been avoided
Queen Isabella would not have fleeced South America of its riches
The American Indians would have been the dominant group in America
Britain would not have landed its convicts in Australia to overrun it
The Jewish holocaust would not have occurred
Millions would not have perished on account of American activities in Vietnam, Cuba, Grenada, Mexico, Nicaragua, Japan etc
Saint Bartholomews Day Massacre and the Gunpowder Plot would not have happened
The Wars of Religion would have been avoided
Indira Gandhi and Ranjiv Gandhi would not have died violently
ETA and IRA would not have come into existence
America would not have experimented with injecting innocent people with syphilis virus in Guatemala
Hutaree, Lord Resistance Army would not have been created
Infact, the world would be perfect with Russia and China as bosom friends
The USS Liberty incident and Lavon Affair would not have been necessary
And yes, this black couple would have had their wedding without incident
http://news.yahoo.com/mississppi-church-refuses-marry-black-couple-205218322--abc-news-topstories.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Olisa Metuh Resigns As PDP Spokesman / Today's FCT Council Election: Things You Should Know / Kaduna, Chinese Firm Sign Pact For New Kaduna Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.