Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,617 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384875 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 8:06am On Sep 30, 2012
Gods-Son:
Peugeot 406 rides are quite cheap in the UK...will it be better to buy and ship the ride to Nigeria or its preferable ♈ōϋ buy in nigeria or let's say Cotonou...which is better and more cost efficient? And secondly how much will it take me to clear a 406 with Customs in Nigeria? Your candid response' will be appreciated

The one in my pix is for 1000 Pounds...and that's like 260,000NGN will it be worth it, buying and shipping to Nigeria?
I'm not an expert but from what I know, getting it to Nigeria, your final landing cost should be getting close to 1million Naira. This includes shipping, customs clearance and conversion to lhd
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GodsSon5(m): 8:33am On Sep 30, 2012
jbrodaly: I shipped a Peugeot 406 to naija and the drivers that transported it to the port forgot the keys.Please,does anyone knows a good mechanic who can programe a new key for the car?And please how much does it normally goes for .If any ideals..I am considering doing it here and sending it to niaja.Thanks

Please where did you ship Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я 406 from, I intend shipping one from the UK soon would like to know the shipping cost and also customs clearnace cost.
Tnx
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by GodsSon5(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2012
bigx:
I'm not an expert but from what I know, getting it to Nigeria, your final landing cost should be getting close to 1million Naira.

Thankks for Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я response, if this is so it doubles the amount used in purchasing it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jbrodaly(m): 8:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
Gods-Son:

Please where did you ship Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я 406 from, I intend shipping one from the UK soon would like to know the shipping cost and also customs clearnace cost.
Tnx
Hi,i shipped from Germany.Shipping cost was 550 Euros and clearing(2002) model was 240k.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 6:19pm On Oct 05, 2012
My OBD II Scanner i ordered arrived this morning from UK.

I would advised everyone, Peugeot owners ,to have a personal OBD II scanner. It will save you from Nigerian mechanics and re-wires nightmares.

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ngutor(m): 12:23pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ikenna351: My OBD II Scanner i ordered arrived this morning from UK ( thanks to Siena).

I would advised everyone, Peugeot owners ,to have a personal OBD II scanner. It will save you from Nigerian mechanics and re-wires nightmares.

Ikenna
Ikenna sir. Your knowledge of the lion warms the heart. Grew up with one; 504 GL. Please how much will the scanner cost at landing?
Which 2003 406 will you recommend? Will appreciate your response as usual.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ngutor:
Ikenna sir. Your knowledge of the lion warms the heart. Grew up with one; 504 GL. Please how much will the scanner cost at landing?
Which 2003 406 will you recommend? Will appreciate your response as usual.

I would recommend one with EW10 engine, manual transmission.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BusHouse(m): 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2012
Ikenna351: My OBD II Scanner i ordered arrived this morning from UK ( thanks to Siena).

Ikenna
Thanks Ikenna. Am intrested in acquiring an OBD II scanner, how do i trouble shoot? i.e, diagonise a fault with the gadget without under going any training on it useage?. My 307 salon lion makes a hissing noise when ever i press down the clutch. I was told the problem is with the RELEASE BEARING. It started a week after the engine was washed. Please what do i do? The lions' millage reads 21,309. (i bought it brand new). Thanks.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 2:50am On Oct 07, 2012
BusHouse: Thanks Ikenna. Am intrested in acquiring an OBD II scanner, how do i trouble shoot? i.e, diagonise a fault with the gadget without under going any training on it useage?. My 307 salon lion makes a hissing noise when ever i press down the clutch. I was told the problem is with the RELEASE BEARING. It started a week after the engine was washed. Please what do i do? The lions' millage reads 21,309. (i bought it brand new). Thanks.

Yes,Clutch Throw-out bearing would make such sound when it fails. And if you keep using it in that condition, it will kill Clutch Pressure Plate. I believe water entered bellhousing and damaged the throw-out bearing. See what cleaning engine with high pressured water has cost you.

You don't have to undergo any training to use OBD II scanner. It comes with user manual. Or you google it.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by jamielyve: 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2012
Hi Guys, I have a strange issue with my 406; The engine had been in good condition for the last 1 year plus i have driven the car till last weekend when i was driving along a smooth road and heard a loud bang in the bonnet. Someone started yelling that my oil was flowing out and when i opened the hood, realised that the engine block was shattered, connecting rod was a little bent and the sump tank was broken a bit. This happened without any impact and i'm still in shock what could have resulted in this misfortune. Now the mechanic's advice is to buy half engine for about 150k. I desperately need advice on this issue so i can take a more informed decision. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Amaizu(m): 11:07pm On Oct 07, 2012
Ikenna351:

Yes,Clutch Throw-out bearing would make such sound when it fails. And if you keep using it in that condition, it will kill Clutch Pressure Plate. I believe water entered bellhousing and damaged the throw-out bearing. See what cleaning engine with high pressured water has cost you.

You don't have to undergo any training to use OBD II scanner. It comes with user manual. Or you google it.

Ikenna

On another angle,Ikenna,is anything wrong with using high pressured water to clean engine.i always do it.
Amaizu.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 3:37am On Oct 08, 2012
Amaizu:

On another angle,Ikenna,is anything wrong with using high pressured water to clean engine.i always do it.
Amaizu.

In the manual they say you shouldn't do it, I think Ikenna could expansiate.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2012
Ikenna351: My OBD II Scanner i ordered arrived this morning from UK.

Ikenna

Unfortunately, the scanner has refused to work. I think it's defective. What a waste of money !

Make sure you test before you pay, if you want to buy one from anybody. I have learnt my lessons.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:59am On Oct 13, 2012
Aqva: Ikenna, hope u had a swell day?
My 206 has central lock problem. The BSI seems to be the issue. I fixed a new BSI and d central lock started working but the car won't start because of the immobilizer and it has to be recoded to work with my car's ECU. Did some online research and found out that a BSI cannot be recoded. The only option is to buy a new BSI and ECU from the same car and transfer to my car before it will work. How true is this? Isn't there some guru that can actually program the new BSI to work with my car?

Another unfortunate thing is that the new BSI i put in my car briefly changed my mileage from 44,000 to 145,000. I read that fixing a new BSI changes the reading of the mileage. Imagine my car that is pretty low on mileage now taking on the mileage of an older car. Can i get someone to reprogram the mileage? The new BSi wasn't even used because d car won't start, it was just fixed to test if the central lock would work.

Honestly, this newer model of cars have too much wahala. My central lock controls my boot and d boot has no external opener, therefore my boot no longer opens and i have no access to my spare tire. I really feel like selling the car.

I met someone yesterday that his 406 once had a BSI issue. According to him, he bought another BSI unit, took the car to ASD motors at Area 7 (Peugeot dealership) and they re-coded/reprogrammed the BSI unit to link and work with the engine ECU and key fob. The car has been starting and every other thing working well since then. But of course, it changed the mileage.

So, BSI unit can be recoded in Nigeria. You need to find closest Peugeot dealership to you to get the job done. Hope that helps?

Ikenna

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Amaizu(m): 9:05pm On Oct 13, 2012
Ikenna351:

Unfortunately, the scanner has refused to work. I think it's defective. What a waste of money !

Make sure you test before you pay, if you want to buy one from anybody. I have learnt my lessons.

Ikenna

Try plugging it into the OBDII port of an another OBDII ready vehicle.That way we could check if it is working.Some scanners that work on Asian vehicles may not work on European vehicles or even American Vehicles
Amaizu.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2012
Ikenna351:

I met someone yesterday that his 406 once had a BSI issue. According to him, he bought another BSI unit, took the car to ASD motors at Area 7 (Peugeot dealership) and they re-coded/reprogrammed the BSI unit to link and work with the engine ECU and key fob. The car has been starting and every other thing working well since then. But of course, it changed the mileage.

So, BSI unit can be reprogrammed in Nigeria. You need to find closest Peugeot dealership to you to get the job done. Hope that helps?

Ikenna

AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY 406 ,THE CENTRAL LOCK IS NOT WORKING AND I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER BSI AND WITH 2 NEW KEYS, PLS HOW MUCH IS NEW BSI?,AND IS THERE ANY WAY THAT IT CANNOT CHANGE THE MILEAGE COS I DONT WANT THE MILEAGE TO CHANGE
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by karaye: 12:39pm On Oct 14, 2012
@IKENNA, PLS WICH IS THE BEST LUBRICANT TO USE IN MY 406 AS ITS ON WAY NOW. AND I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON OTHER MAINTENANCE ISSUES THAT I MAY NOT KNOW.THANKS
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2012
karaye:

AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUE WITH MY 406 ,THE CENTRAL LOCK IS NOT WORKING AND I WAS TOLD I HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER BSI AND WITH 2 NEW KEYS, PLS HOW MUCH IS NEW BSI?,AND IS THERE ANY WAY THAT IT CANNOT CHANGE THE MILEAGE COS I DONT WANT THE MILEAGE TO CHANGE

I dont know how much a used or new BSI unit cost.

Once you remove the BSI unit in that car and put another, the mileage will change and can't be returned to the original mileage, i garthered. So, it's upto to you to choose between loosing the mileage and unfunctional central lock system.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:55pm On Oct 14, 2012
karaye: @IKENNA, PLS WICH IS THE BEST LUBRICANT TO USE IN MY 406 AS ITS ON WAY NOW. AND I NEED YOUR ADVISE ON OTHER MAINTENANCE ISSUES THAT I MAY NOT KNOW.THANKS

It depends on the mileage and if its still the original engine.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by abdulkadir(m): 5:02pm On Oct 14, 2012
[quote author=jamielyve]Hi Guys, I have a strange issue with my 406; The engine had been in good condition for the last 1 year plus i have driven the car till last weekend when i was driving along a smooth road and heard a loud bang in the bonnet. Someone started yelling that my oil was flowing out and when i opened the hood, realised that the engine block was shattered, connecting rod was a little bent and the sump tank was broken a bit. This happened without any impact and i'm still in shock what could h
so sorry u lost your engine.
i had a friend whose mechanic advised to buy half engine nd eversince the engine was having one problem or the other.
my advice is get a complete engine its shouldnt be more than 150k if urs is an ew10 or V6. It doesnt make economic sense to buy half engine for 150k wen you can get d complete one @ same price
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2012
BSI MANUAL:
How to code BSI unit, Battery Disconnet/Reconnect Precautions in BSI Peugeot cars, How not to damage your car BSI unit, etc.

http://spidometrs.ru/s2/download/peugeot_manual.pdf

It's a must read for BSI Peugeot car owners.

Download the manual, print and keep.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tdie: 9:01am On Oct 16, 2012
Ikenna351:

Ikenna

@Ikenna, What is the model of scanner that you got? Is it the Diagbox version? Did you carry out the offline updates? I got my scanner from a dealer on NL and initially it refused to work at all. After a few tweaks however its working now. And mine only can be used on Windows XP.
Why not tell us the issues you have with your scanner-maybe I could be of help... smiley
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:15am On Oct 16, 2012
t-die:

@Ikenna, What is the model of scanner that you got? Is it the Diagbox version? Did you carry out the offline updates? I got my scanner from a dealer on NL and initially it refused to work at all. After a few tweaks however its working now. And mine only can be used on Windows XP.
Why not tell us the issues you have with your scanner-maybe I could be of help... smiley

I believe you were referring to Peugeot Planet 2000 (lexia). Mine is hand-held. The brand name is ProScan.

I tried it on Peugeot and Toyota cars, it refused to link or connect. It kept displaying LINKING ERROR. Even tried to update it via computer system and it wouldn't connect too.

I didn't want to bother anyone with the details because the person i bought it from has promised to send me a replacement. So, am still waiting.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2012
My 505 V6 A/C compressor has finally given up. Sad face.

I saw it coming though, when they flushed the system with an unknown harsh gas, which first damaged the compressor seal. Finally, the entire compressor is dead.

505 brand new compressor is 20k, while tokunbo is 10k. Unfortunately, they don't rebuild ac compressor in Abuja, unlike Enugu and Onitsha, where they are been rebuilt and work like new after the rebuilt. Am missing East.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigspif(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2012
Hello to the house and kudos to Ikenna, you keep our hopes high on having confidence on Peugeout brand. Pls can you suggest where i can scan my 406 in abuja, do you know any reliable mechanic? im having issues with my 406 to the extent of thinking of abandoning it for another brand. Ive been to several mechanics but they dont seem to know the problem and keep telling me to change this change that. I will appreciate if we can meet cos im in abuja. Mine is an imported 406 phase II from UK. Thanks and keep up the good work.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by bigx(m): 3:05pm On Oct 18, 2012
My 307 ignition (abi kickstarter) fuse keeps getting burnt, when I turn the key to ignition position then try to start, it doesn't respond at all, yesterday I changed it thrice, I'm scared of going to mechanics for electrical issues before they butcher my car, anyone knows what the issue might be? The last time a fuse was burning incessantly it was one of the wires to the fuel pump that had eroded so it was touching the car chassis and making the fuel pump fuse burn.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:23pm On Oct 18, 2012
bigx: My 307 ignition (abi kickstarter) fuse keeps getting burnt, when I turn the key to ignition position then try to start, it doesn't respond at all, yesterday I changed it thrice, I'm scared of going to mechanics for electrical issues before they butcher my car, anyone knows what the issue might be? The last time a fuse was burning incessantly it was one of the wires to the fuel pump that had eroded so it was touching the car chassis and making the fuel pump fuse burn.

The name is starter, not kickstarter.

You guessed right. A wire connected to that fuse is touching ground somewhere. Thats why the fuse keeps blowing up.

You will need test light or Digital Multimeter to trace and find the wire that is causing the problem. Once you know the wire that is the culprit, finding the spot where its touching the ground wont be a problem. Worst case, you bypass and run another fresh wire, from the fuse to the component it feeds or supplies volts. Its an easy fix.

All you need is test light or DMM to get the job done.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 3:49pm On Oct 18, 2012
big spif: Hello to the house and kudos to Ikenna, you keep our hopes high on having confidence on Peugeout brand. Pls can you suggest where i can scan my 406 in abuja, do you know any reliable mechanic? im having issues with my 406 to the extent of thinking of abandoning it for another brand. Ive been to several mechanics but they dont seem to know the problem and keep telling me to change this change that. I will appreciate if we can meet cos im in abuja. Mine is an imported 406 phase II from UK. Thanks and keep up the good work.

The only place i can suggest you scan your 406 BSI controlled is in any of the Peugeot dealerships scattered in Abuja city. ASD motors at Area 7, Okocha motors at Garki II, etc. But of course, they will cost fortune. The best tool to scan phase II 406 or any Peugeot with BSI system is Peugeot Planet 2000 (pp2000).

I would have asked you to bring your car for me to scan for you ad possibly fix the issues with the car for you. Unfortunately, my recently purchased scanner doesn't work. And a case like yours was why i even purchased the scanner, since my Lion is not OBD II compliant. I didn't buy to use in my car, but for others.

Am not yet conversant with BSI system, like i know the older Peugeot EFI systems which i can troubleshoot and fix without touching any damn scanner. Which is why am working on getting a 406 V6 (D9), to tear the car electrics apart and study that system, like i have done with my 505 V6.

But we can still meet, in case you still need me to check the car and offer some suggestions with the little i know. Call or send me SMS. I will tell you how we can meet. My contact is on my signature or profile.

What are the issues with the car anyway? It could be general issues that are not peculiar to BSI.

Ikenna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lecturerdabo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just want to say a very big thank you and God bless to you Ikenna cos to say I'm surprised we still ve people like you in Nigeria who can bring out their time to help others at no cost will be an understatement, once again GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD!

Pls I saw one 304 MODL 2000 on NL which am considering to buy. I was using volvo b4 things got too "easy" that made me sell the ride and now want to switch to Peugeot.
What can you tell me about this make as i ve not used the lion b4 though I am a big fan of the lion from childhood.

THANKS
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 7:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
lecturerdabo: I just want to say a very big thank you and God bless to you Ikenna cos to say I'm surprised we still ve people like you in Nigeria who can bring out their time to help others at no cost will be an understatement, once again GOD BLESS YOU REAL GOOD!

Pls I saw one 304 MODL 2000 on NL which am considering to buy. I was using volvo b4 things got too "easy" that made me sell the ride and now want to switch to Peugeot.
What can you tell me about this make as i ve not used the lion b4 though I am a big fan of the lion from childhood.

THANKS

Peugeot 304? 2004 model??

Am confused here. Or is it typo? Clarify please.

Ikenna.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by lecturerdabo(m): 10:29pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ikenna351:

Peugeot 304? 2004 model??

Am confused here. Or is it typo? Clarify please.

Ikenna.

2000 model
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.