Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,885 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384550 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2016
Mariner007:
Hello Ikenna351,

How much does an automatic gearbox of a 2004 206 cost?

Thank you sir.

What transmission? AL4?

Ikenna, Lion King
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2016
mranswer:
please any idea how much I can get those rims for my 407?

Most 407 I have seen comes with 17".

Ikenna, Lion King.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by mranswer: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ikenna351:

Most 407 I have seen comes with 17".

Ikenna, Lion King.
Yes it's 17"
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Mariner007: 12:59pm On Oct 02, 2016
Ikenna351:

What transmission? AL4?

Ikenna, Lion King

Yes sir.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by folarinibi: 11:07pm On Oct 04, 2016
Please I need urgent help. I just got a used 406 2000 France model. It was all good until I took it to the painters to get a new paint job. Fast forward 5days later went back to pick my car the steering got so stiff very difficult to turn while driving and when tryna park, secondly the fuel consumption is now crazy high. Did a half tank before I could get home from the painter's it was almost finished. Now I want to know what could hav cause that. Because my mechanic said I have to get a new steering pump. And said the exhaust system leaking which we later found out it isn't, they now said I have to put a muffler in the exhaust pot to reduce the fuel consumption please I need advice an help with this. Thank you
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2016

I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aAK1(m): 9:19am On Oct 23, 2016
pls i need help with my 206.i just got it some days back. i noticed the car feels very under powered. for example,at a traffic stop i cant move from gear2 it will go off.i have to return to 1st gear all the time. the issue that worries me most now is that after i serviced the car yesterday.i noticed a rattling sound whenever i accelerate hard or when i a climbing a high place. the car is just generally slow. pls your advice will be appreciated.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 10:39pm On Oct 28, 2016
,I, today, 28/06/2020, intentionally edited and deleted some free vital information I provided in the original post (05/11/2019), which I shared here to benefit those who can't afford my private consultancy services, but have now been removed since the free information is not valued and appreciated.

Ikenna351, Lion King - Monk
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Ikenna351(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2016

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Akpohalion: 9:34pm On Dec 13, 2016
Hello Everyone and hello Ikenna, I just got my 407 and it's showing me oil pressure too low. Any idea how I can rectify this. Thanks and God bless you all
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kunlinha: 10:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
@GAZZUZ @IKENNA351
Good day,
I am interested in buying a 406 coupe pininfarina. Tips and suggestions please.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by YoungDaddyB: 7:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
Hi, please a friend of mines 2002 peugot 406
Dashboard panel ( speedometer, tachometer , fuel gauge , temperature ) and all the light not working. Please what do we do or buy, don't want to be scammed by mechanics. Thanks urgent.
They also say the engine is weak but drives normal?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by piratez: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yahoo plus
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by blackbae: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2017
My second hand Peugeot 406 consumes a lot of fuel, the situation is draining my pocket. pls what can I do to stop this.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2017
blackbae:
My second hand Peugeot 406 consumes a lot of fuel, the situation is draining my pocket. pls what can I do to stop this.
Go scan the car
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by blackbae: 9:50am On Feb 03, 2017
gambus007:

Go scan the car
Okay, reside in abuja where can I do that.
Mr. Ikenna pls ur input here.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2017
blackbae:

Okay, reside in abuja where can I do that.
Mr. Ikenna pls ur input here.
Contact me on 08032953192 via whats up for scan...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Sulehady: 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2017
Hello Ikenna lion king the rear exhaust pot of baby blue thats what I call my (Peugeot 206 1.6 16V) keeps opening tearing and I have taken it to panel beater four times now. I had the muffler and net stuffed in it twice now but hasn't solve the peoblem of the exhaust leak could it be I need a new exhaust pot? If so how much will it cost me
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by rudee007(m): 1:57am On Feb 11, 2017
Hi guys, I use a Peugeot 307, 2004. I noticed the engine makes funny sounds and when I shift from the first gear to the second gear it's hard. Went to the mechanic he told me my engine mounts were gone, we changed 2 out of the 3 mounts (they were damn expensive) only to find that it still makes the same sound. Now he's telling me it's probably the gearbox mount. I wanna ask for a second opinion and could this be the reason it's hard to shift from the first to second gear? Thanks guys
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Sulehady: 12:05pm On Feb 11, 2017
Did he check the release bearing? I suggest you visit Ikenna the lion king or give him a call. I had similar issue on Blue (peugeot 206 1.6 16v engine). I was going to Area 10 when it happend and it doesnt even engage gear except when the car is off. When my mechanic checked it was the release bearing. It could also be the cluctch disk

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 26, 2017
Ikenna351 please my Peugeot 406 E10 engine consumes a lot of fuel.. as in it drinks fuel uncontrollably.

My plugs are burning well, so I doubt it's a plug problem. But then again it shows me an anti pollution fault, and then once in a while, catalyst converter fault.

What could be the pro lem please, what should I do?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kunlinha: 11:41pm On Mar 02, 2017
Can you please recommend a good Peugeot mechanic to me in Abuja?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Kunlinha: 11:55pm On Mar 02, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
***Update***

Had the car thoroughly checked a week later. The mechanic insisted my brakepads was very okk and would last me for another 4 months. I wanted to insist he change them but he sounded very convincing.

Then he checked the brake system at the back wheel (pictured) and there lies the problem: What he described as the brake pot was leaking brake fluidl inside the back wheel and that was the cause of the intermittent shortage of brake fluid and the warning signal.

I had it changed for N3,000 (I dont know the price, I am suspecting my kazeem must have bought it cheaper but I let him be, more grateful that we were able to pin-point the issue).

Good day bro,
I am having similar issue and will be grateful if you can give me the contact of your mechanic if you are based in Abuja.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MaziOmenuko: 5:45pm On Mar 04, 2017
Kunlinha:

Good day bro,
I am having similar issue and will be grateful if you can give me the contact of your mechanic if you are based in Abuja.

No bro, I am based in Lagos. I guess ikenna stays at abj. Send him a PM.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Foreignautos: 11:06pm On Mar 06, 2017
Upholstery Cloth, Seat Height Adjustment, Ac, Electric Mirrors, Electric Windows, Excellent bodywork, Interior - Excellent Condition, Tyre condition Excellent, Power Steering, ABS, Multiple Airbags, Remote Central Locking, Alloy wheels, Drives Excellent.if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me on 08084181625

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dr3dd: 2:15pm On Mar 18, 2017
Please how much will it cost me to rewire my 406(I think its a d8, ew10) 98 model
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by searchng4love: 5:42pm On Mar 18, 2017
Dr3dd:
Please how much will it cost me to rewire my 406(I think its a d8, ew10) 98 model
Sell it!
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dr3dd: 11:06pm On Mar 18, 2017
searchng4love:

Sell it!

I wish i could sad But i cant undecided
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aAK1(m): 11:54pm On Mar 18, 2017
Dr3dd:

I wish i could sad But i cant undecided
why?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dr3dd: 1:01pm On Mar 19, 2017
aAK1:
why?
It is an official car, the one my dad retired with smileyso until they decide to change it, we are stuck with it cry
Well after reading so much on this thread I think fixing the lion will be worth it(if it won't cost too much) cool
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aAK1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
Dr3dd:

It is an official car, the one my dad retired with smileyso until they decide to change it, we are stuck with it cry
Well after reading so much on this thread I think fixing the lion will be worth it(if it won't cost too much) cool
if you really want to get that car fix,get it to kaduna
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Dr3dd: 5:49pm On Mar 20, 2017
aAK1:
if you really want to get that car fix,get it to kaduna
Ok but how much will it cost me(currently nothing electrical works)
I just want to know what to budget

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.