Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,501 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384868 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by vickzie(m): 10:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
My 406 just goes off while in motion, might take one or 2 kicks to start again. I've changed fuel pump twice, camshaft sensor, still it persists
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 4:54am On Oct 28, 2021
vickzie:
My 406 just goes off while in motion, might take one or 2 kicks to start again. I've changed fuel pump twice, camshaft sensor, still it persists
Did you run any scan before changing parts? I guess No. You are not doing the right thing.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Praxtech: 4:13am On Oct 29, 2021
gambus007:

Did you run any scan before chang.ing parts? I guess No. You are not doing the right thing.

vickzie:
How much does Peugeot planet software kit cost and can it work on a Windows 7 pc?

Here
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Samadam1(m): 9:03am On Oct 29, 2021
Is 406 1.8 engine good? Is it advisable for use?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BigBudi(m): 9:24am On Oct 29, 2021
Hi people, please can I use 17 rims for 407 saloon? The car is a tad too low. And I'm thinking of getting 17 rims for it. But my mechanic is discouraging me. That rim 17 can burst my tires. How true is this?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kolacoal(m): 12:25pm On Oct 29, 2021
House can someone tell me the price of gear box of peogeot 407sw
It's urgent

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by gambus007(m): 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2021
BigBudi:
Hi people, please can I use 17 rims for 407 saloon? The car is a tad too low. And I'm thinking of getting 17 rims for it. But my mechanic is discouraging me. That rim 17 can burst my tires. How true is this?
It will work fine. Alot of 407 are equipped with 17rims( 205/55/R17…….)and for “The car is tad too low” i don’t know about that.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RZArecta(m): 8:22pm On Oct 29, 2021
gambus007:

It will work fine. Alot of 407 are equipped with 17rims( 205/55/R17…….)and for “The car is tad too low” i don’t know about that.
it's a regular complaint on forums
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kingreign(m): 8:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
RZArecta:
it's a regular complaint on forums

Nigeria sef. Na wa o. grin grin

In other parts of the world, folks drop their ride heights and do all sort of body mods to make the car sit lower to the ground, in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. We are looking for ways to raise the height of our cars to avoid damage from potholes, bumps and others. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 12:33am On Oct 30, 2021
kolacoal:
House can someone tell me the price of gear box of peogeot 407sw
It's urgent

Shouldn't be more than 100k for the auto & around same amount for a proper conversation to manual
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 12:42am On Oct 30, 2021
Samadam1:
Is 406 1.8 engine good? Is it advisable for use?

XU7/EW7 are good engines, 406 in general is a pretty solid car, u have got nothing to worry about as long as d car is clean.

Remember, Peugeots hate abuse
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 12:54am On Oct 30, 2021
vickzie:

Peugeot planet can easily be gotten even on Ali express, just try & get one, it comes with the software & instructions on how to install it. Very handy...They cost less than 30k sef
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RZArecta(m): 1:47am On Oct 30, 2021
kingreign:

In other parts of the world, folks drop their ride heights and do all sort of body mods to make the car sit lower to the ground, in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. We are looking for ways to raise the height of our cars to avoid damage from potholes, bumps and others. angry angry
i personally don't like SUV's but they're the only same sane choice in this country
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Praxtech: 6:02am On Oct 30, 2021
kingreign:

In other parts of the world, folks drop their ride heights and do all sort of body mods to make the car sit lower to the ground, in Nigeria, the reverse is the case. We are looking for ways to raise the height of our .cars to avoid damage from potholes, bumps and others. angry angry
Mikey lemme help you drop your ride height
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kingreign(m): 7:52am On Oct 30, 2021
Praxtech:

Mikey lemme help you drop your ride height
Tenk, I like am like this.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kolacoal(m): 8:03am On Oct 31, 2021
Elsueno:

Shouldn't be more than 100k for the auto & around same amount for a proper conversation to manual
Can you give me someone I can call to ask sir
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
kolacoal:

Can you give me someone I can call to ask sir

Actually, the owner of this thread ikenna can help. His number is on his profile. But remember, he is a little bit "unique" so bear with him a bit grin

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Praxtech: 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Elsueno:

Actually, the owner of this thread ikenna can help. His number is on his pr.ofile. But remember, he is a little bit "unique" so bear with him a bit grin
Queer you mean?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 4:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Praxtech:

Queer you mean?

Nah..am talking about his passion for what he does,...But u can be rest assured, he is good when it comes to Peugeot
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Praxtech: 4:26pm On Oct 31, 2021
Elsueno:

Nah..am talking about his. passion for what he does,...But u can be rest assured, he is good when it comes to Peugeot
He is too emotional.... and psychopathic

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 6:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Praxtech:

He is too emotional.... and psychopathic

It appears u do not like mr monk sha....it's alright though, if everybody likes u in this world, it means u are doing something wrong grin
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Praxtech: 7:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
Elsueno:

It appears u do not like mr monk sha....it's alright though, if everybody l.ikes u in this world, it means u are doing something wrong grin
I don't hate him either.... At least he's a good friend of gazzuzz
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Donsco(m): 9:47am On Nov 11, 2021
Please help me choose, Peugeot 406 or 408.
Better driving experience/ride quality.
More reliable and overall ruggedness.

Note: I had 406 auto transmission before which never gave me any issues.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MBA34390734: 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2021
Please I need help on my lion 406 year of manufacture is 2000 with ew10 engine. (automatic transmission).
1. The car used to flash snow and sport and it jump to limp mode on motion, when I took the car to gear box mech he opened valve body washed and closed it, it didn't stop, he took the car for scanning it appears to be solenoid valve so after changing the solenoid valve, the problem is gone. So I had a long journey about 600km, after moving about 30km the first gear started slipping, as if I put the car on neutral (N), when I press the gas pedal the engine rev suddenly the gear get engaged again with loud bang ( just like engaging gear in manual without pressing the clutch). This happens at bumb or when slow down, it happens at interval some time at every bumb). It started raining heavily and the slipping stops completely for the rest of the journey as the rain keep on until I came back home. The folIowimg morning I took the car to same guy, on narrating what happened he said the ATF ( AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FLUID) got overheated, because It is old, he said. We changed it with new one. After two days it happens once at a bumb at normal town driving.
I am beginning to have second though about the problem "if really it is the ATF", cos I have new ATF in the gearbox but it happens again. Please I need help on what to check or do next.
2. Second thing, shifting from first to second is gear is banging (just like something is heating beneath the car floor) which he also said when we change the solenoid valve it will stop, but it didn't, though not as loud as it was before changing the solenoid valve.
I don't want to take the car to him until I hear from you guys. I need your help fellow lion owners.
Thank you
Mr moh. From Taraba

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by kingvicking(m): 6:12pm On Nov 17, 2021
Good evening peeps,

Please who has an idea of the cost of a Belgium engine for Peugeot 206 (skeleton TU3)
The car is a manual gear drive

I anticipate your feedback

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chuxmgc: 10:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
Please house I noticed that most Peugeot cars comes with factory tinted glass, how can one get tinted glass permit and the process please?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 7:02pm On Dec 06, 2021
MBA34390734 have u cleared the error codes after the repairs?

Did u scan the gear box b4 fixing all those things?

I know the Al4 usually needs a bit of time to normalize after the ATF has being refilled

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 7:11pm On Dec 06, 2021
chuxmgc:
Please house I noticed that most Peugeot cars comes with factory tinted glass, how can one get tinted glass permit and the process please?

Nop, people just tint the car, cause majority are paramilitary or govt officials...well, if yours is factory tinted u don't need a permit legally speaking...it isn't even that dark anyways
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by MBA34390734: 8:42pm On Dec 06, 2021
Elsueno:
MBA34390734 have u cleared the error codes after the repairs?

Did u scan the gear box b4 fixing all those things?

I know the Al4 usually needs a bit of time to normalize after the ATF has being refilled

Thanks for your reply.

No, I'd didn't clear the errors up to now
The scan was done before changing the two solenoid valves. Since then there is no scan done up to now and the problem is still up.
Should I scan and clear the errors?
What should I do after that?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2021
MBA34390734:

Thanks for your reply.

No, I'd didn't clear the errors up to now
The scan was done before changing the two solenoid valves. Since then there is no scan done up to now and the problem is still up.
Should I scan and clear the errors?
What should I do after that?

You should clear, drive a bit & rescan.

Or better yet, check the compatibility of the solenoid with the software version on the ecu..it's easy to do, it's on the app

P.s, There are two types of solenoid for theAL4
the old solenoid has a white top
The new has black top( latest).
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chuxmgc: 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2021
Elsueno:

Nop, people just tint the car, cause majority are paramilitary or govt officials...well, if yours is factory tinted u don't need a permit legally speaking...it isn't even that dark anyways

So hope the police don't keep harassing me on the road?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by chuxmgc: 2:34pm On Dec 07, 2021
Please house can someone help with the price of Peugeot 307sw windscreen it's urgent please

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.