Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! - Car Talk (98) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! (384950 Views)

Peugeot Cars Ownership: The Misleading Idea: Location, Cost Of Parts, Etc. / Are There No Auto Peugeot Cars? / American Spec Cars With HEADLAMPS Always On. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by ManAdii: 2:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
Good day everyone. Is naija used 206 a good buy for 700k?
Someone wants to sell for me. And he said the engine was recently changed.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by policy12: 7:28am On Nov 30, 2022
Good mornin every one, my peugeot 407 flashing STOP light, Hand break light and airbag at the dash board.

Mech scam and he said its the ABS. Pls I need help is he on the right path?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2022
policy12:
Good mornin every one, my peugeot 407 flashing STOP light, Hand break light and airbag at the dash board.

Mech scam and he said its the ABS. Pls I need help is he on the right path?

Yes, dats d symptom including speedometer not working in some Peugeot version...but scan with pp2000 it just to be safe.. Sometimes it's just d ABS fuse or one of its sensors on d tires are bad/disconnected or too dirty... Worst case scenario ABS don park up.....

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by policy12: 10:18am On Nov 30, 2022
Elsueno:

Yes, dats d symptom including speedometer not working in some Peugeot version...but scan with pp2000 it just to be safe.. Sometimes it's just d ABS fuse or one of its sensors on d tires are bad/disconnected or too dirty... Worst case scenario ABS don park up.....

Wow thank you so much, the speedometer was not working actually. Thank you for the response.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by tunene: 12:10am On Dec 01, 2022
Proud owner of a Peugeot 508. I have had to change the high pressure pump. That thing pain me sha. Anyway, still enjoying my ride.

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by policy12: 7:20am On Dec 09, 2022
Elsueno:

Good morning Chairman, thank for this response. The sad news is that with all the ABS the mech bought and work the handbrake, air bag and AbS are still showing on the dashboard. In short the problem has not be solved, i am so worried that i have to bring the car home after spending a whole week in the mech shop.

Now the fan is not working and water is pouring out from the radiator. More of like overheating. Pls what do u advised.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 4:38pm On Dec 09, 2022
policy12:

Good morning Chairman, thank for this response. The sad news is that with all the ABS the mech bought and work the handbrake, air bag and AbS are still showing on the dashboard. In short the problem has not be solved, i am so worried that i have to bring the car home after spending a whole week in the mech shop.

Now the fan is not working and water is pouring out from the radiator. More of like overheating. Pls what do u advised.

First check fuse ( did he do dat?)

Second Check all four speed sensors/ABS
sensors ( Each tire has one, if disconnected or d magnets are dirty clean them)

d last thing should be changing d ABS if all of d above fails.

If U guys have a pp2000 U can do an actuation test, it can test all of the devices related to d ABS Individually & show u if any is malfunctioning or not working correctly

On ur last paragraph, for a Peugeot mechanic, d one u are using seems very careless, first check if d radiator cap is damaged, then if any wire going towards d fan is damaged or better yet, Just find a correct Peugeot workshop

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by policy12: 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Elsueno:

If U guys have a pp2000 U can do an actuation test, it can test all of the devices related to d ABS Individually & show u if any is malfunctioning or not working correctly

On ur last paragraph, for a Peugeot mechanic, d one u are using seems very careless, first check if d radiator cap is damaged, then if any wire going towards d fan is damaged or better yet, Just find a correct Peugeot workshop

My oga you are right, i think it has to do with fuse, there was this day mech came to change the pump filter but before then he was touching the fuse board because the car was not starting and later he said it's the pump that we need to change the pump and since then the the handbrake and airbag issue started. Thank you sir for your prompt response, i really appreciate your contribution. Which i am close to ur place of residence.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 12:54pm On Dec 10, 2022
policy12:

My oga you are right, i think it has to do with fuse, there was this day mech came to change the pump filter but before then he was touching the fuse board because the car was not starting and later he said it's the pump that we need to change the pump and since then the the handbrake and airbag issue started. Thank you sir for your prompt response, i really appreciate your contribution. Which i am close to ur place of residence.

No problem bros, just find a good Peugeot workshop near you...Ask people who drive similar cars 307s, 407s etc....There are always experts around especially if u dey north side...Also try and get the PP2000 if U intend to use d car for long, cause U can easily scan & browse related codes & symptoms thereby all there is left is to direct d mechanic on what to fix most of the time(sometimes U can even do it urself)... Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Fremantle: 1:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Hello House, Please how much can I get a double beam headlight for Peugeot 206.

Someone reversed into the driver side headlight yesterday.

Luckily the High and Low beam bulbs are OK, only the Parking bulb broke.

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BigBudi(m): 10:29am On Jan 01, 2023
For sale.
A year old.
Manual transmission
AC
All original parts
1.8m asking

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by sexyto(m): 3:57pm On Jan 01, 2023
BigBudi:
For sale.
A year old.
Manual transmission
AC
All original parts
1.8m asking
What model? Boot picture
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by BigBudi(m): 7:43am On Jan 02, 2023
sexyto:

What model? Boot picture
06 model

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by policy12: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
Elsueno:

No problem bros, just find a good Peugeot workshop near you...Ask people who drive similar cars 307s, 407s etc....There are always experts around especially if u dey north side...Also try and get the PP2000 if U intend to use d car for long, cause U can easily scan & browse related codes & symptoms thereby all there is left is to direct d mechanic on what to fix most of the time(sometimes U can even do it urself)... Goodluck

Good day bruh, complement of the season and I hope all is well with you and your family.

Still on my 407 Peugeot, the problem persist and i don't know what to do. After the fan was work on and it started working i noticed immediately the ABS, HandBrake and the Airbag flashing lights that show at the dash board stopped.

Recently, I started seeing break light flashing on the dashboard when ever i marched the break pad. I called the mechanic so he can help me to change the bulb, but when he came he noticed that it's not the bulb and he decided to adjust a break stuff and the signal stopped, but before u know it the ABS, HandBrake and Airbag started showing on the dashboard again. I am just tired and i don't like driving car showing any error signal.

I stayed in the north, do u av any u can recommend for me. I am tired of the one i am using, or can u direct ms on what to do.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2023
policy12:

Good day bruh, complement of the season and I hope all is well with you and your family.

Still on my 407 Peugeot, the problem persist and i don't know what to do. After the fan was work on and it started working i noticed immediately the ABS, HandBrake and the Airbag flashing lights that show at the dash board stopped.

Recently, I started seeing break light flashing on the dashboard when ever i marched the break pad. I called the mechanic so he can help me to change the bulb, but when he came he noticed that it's not the bulb and he decided to adjust a break stuff and the signal stopped, but before u know it the ABS, HandBrake and Airbag started showing on the dashboard again. I am just tired and i don't like driving car showing any error signal.

I stayed in the north, do u av any u can recommend for me. I am tired of the one i am using, or can u direct ms on what to do.

Did U try all that I said earlier, like checking & cleaning all four ABS/speed sensors on all four tires?.... if U can't do that personally just ask d mechanic to do it.

If u are in Abuja u can visit ikenna( his contact on his signature), owner of this thread, Though he is bit 'unique'. but he is pretty good.

or

Ask people in ur vicinity who drive Peugeot & look out 4 that expert mechanic way him/her name gets mentioned by different people..
N.B..I am not a mechanic, just DIY person who likes Peugeots

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by RZArecta(m): 11:26pm On Jan 07, 2023
Elsueno:

Did U try all that I said earlier, like checking & cleaning all four ABS/speed sensors on all four tires?.... if U can't do that personally just ask d mechanic to do it.

If u are in Abuja u can visit ikenna( his contact on his signature), owner of this thread, Though he is bit 'unique'. but he is pretty good.

or

Ask people in ur vicinity who drive Peugeot & look out 4 that expert mechanic way him/her name gets mentioned by different people..
N.B..I am not a mechanic, just DIY person who likes Peugeots
how is our 307
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 3:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
RZArecta:
how is our 307
Omoh, ride dey fine, even recently travelled to Gombe with am grin

2 Likes

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by febo15(m): 8:23pm On Apr 05, 2023
Please, what is the full meaning of OEM?
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Yustyle(m): 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2023
febo15:
Please, what is the full meaning of OEM?
original equipment manufacturer
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by febo15(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2023
Yustyle:

original equipment manufacturer
thank you Sir.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nafizzey(m): 1:18pm On May 07, 2023
Elsueno:

please what do you suggest about this, my Peugeot 206 break does not work until I pump the break before it starts breaking, I recently took it to mechanic, he checked my break pad and disk and said they are OK, he then loosen up my car master break cylinder and said it is the culprit that hydraulic fluid has leaked into it and that it needs to be replaced. The price of the Master break cylinder is 9,000. Please I need advice. Thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 4:53pm On May 07, 2023
Nafizzey:
please what do you suggest about this, my Peugeot 206 break does not work until I pump the break before it starts breaking, I recently took it to mechanic, he checked my break pad and disk and said they are OK, he then loosen up my car master break cylinder and said it is the culprit that hydraulic fluid has leaked into it and that it needs to be replaced. The price of the Master break cylinder is 9,000. Please I need advice. Thanks

To be honest, I have never encountered this kind of issue before....what error code is ur pp2000 giving...
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Nafizzey(m): 5:40pm On May 07, 2023
Elsueno:

To be honest, I have never encountered this kind of issue before....what error code is ur pp2000 giving...
I didn't scan it
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Elsueno: 1:19pm On May 08, 2023
Nafizzey:
I didn't scan it

Please try & do, unless ur mechanic is a veteran, them go end up missing road & wasting ur money..... Peugeot is a kind of car, that even a single dead light bulb would be pick up by it's scanner
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Majesty08: 7:53pm On May 13, 2023
My peugeot 206 recently start shorting engine oil and my mechanics suggest for engine replacement or ringing, please advice me on what to do best.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Yustyle(m): 9:50pm On May 13, 2023
Majesty08:
My peugeot 206 recently start shorting engine oil and my mechanics suggest for engine replacement or ringing, please advice me on what to do best.
ring it .... Peugeot mechanics are familiar with doing it .... without after fault
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by Majesty08: 10:19pm On May 13, 2023
Yustyle:

ring it .... Peugeot mechanics are familiar with doing it .... without after fault
ok boss thanks
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by emmancecute(m): 4:51pm On May 28, 2023
Majesty08:
replace engine, engine not expensive, should be about 100k max.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fabulousmann(f): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
I need help (new member of the lion club) the battery of my 206 doesn't hold charge; everything is fine but the battery. I've been told severally that battery is fine but I doubt it.
Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by aieromon(m): 1:37pm On Jun 29, 2023
fabulousmann:
I need help (new member of the lion club) the battery of my 206 doesn't hold charge; everything is fine but the battery. I've been told severally that battery is fine but I doubt it.

Change the battery.

1 Like

Re: Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! by fabulousmann(f): 2:15pm On Jun 29, 2023
What type of battery should I buy and any idea on the price please?
aieromon:

Change the battery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Reply)

The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? / Car Talk Chat Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.