Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,112 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" - Literature (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" (485949 Views)

*~Efemena-xy Voted Literature/Writing Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations / Literature/Writing Complaints Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (725) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:24am On Jan 02, 2017
amicable09:

Hi dear, may I know the name of this poet please?

I love this poem and thanks for sharing cheesy
Thanks colik too.

Its actually an extract from a novel, by Stephen Chbosky. 'The perks of being a wallflower'
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by amicable09(f): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2017
Niyuu:

Its actually an extract from a novel, by Stephen Chbosky. 'The perks of being a wallflower'
By all means I'll get this book this year, this January in fact. Seen the title here on NL but didn't know it's a novel title. Really cool.

Thanks for the Swift reply and help offered.
Regards!
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 02, 2017
amicable09:

By all means I'll get this book this year, this January in fact. Seen the title here on NL but didn't know it's a novel title. Really cool.

Thanks for the Swift reply and help offered.
Regards!
smiley... Yea. Ur welcome.

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 02, 2017
amicable09:

Hi dear, may I know the name of this poet please?

I love this poem and thanks for sharing cheesy
Thanks colik too.

Oh you're welcome..
I guess I should thank Swann for sharing it too. smiley
I saw the poem and it made me want to reread the book.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by YOLOHOMMIE(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2017
Niyuu:

It was non existent. Sleep still refused to show up.I'll prolly fall asleep later though... You slept awesomely yes?

Awww. Not really. . . So cold here.
The duvet wasn't helping at all. embarassed

#YOLO
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2017
Niyuu:

grin... I just love it when I see a fellow fan. Have you by chance read 'The Givers'?

No, I haven't read that but i just googled it now and saw that it'll make for an interesting read. It's plot somehow resembles "1984", if you've read that.

I'll try and look for an e-book of it and read it this month smiley smiley
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by ponti93(m): 7:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
I love those poems... Beautiful
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jayriginal: 7:51pm On Jan 02, 2017
Niyuu:
So, I'm not a poetess, but I love poems. I came across this years ago, but I was going through my phone today and stumbled upon it. Decided to post it here.

Once on a yellow piece of paper with green lines
he wrote a poem
and he called it "chops"
because that was the name of his dog
and thats what it was all about
his teacher gave him an A
and a gold star
and his mother hung it on the kitchen door
and read it to his aunts.
that was the year Father Tracy
took all the kids to the zoo
and he let them sing on the bus
and his little sister was born
with tiny nails and no hair
and his mother and father kissed alot
and the girl around the corner sent him a
Valentine signed with a row of X's
and he had to ask his father what the X's meant
and his father always tucked him in bed at night
and was always there to do it

once on a piece of white paper with blue lines
he wrote a poem
he called it "Autumn"
because that was the name of the season
and that's what it was all about
and his teacher gave him an A
and asked him to write more clearly
and his mother never hung it on the kithcen door
beause of the new paint
and the kids told him
that Father Tracy smoked cigars
and left butts on the pews
and sometime they would burn holes
that was the year his sister got glasses
with thick lenses and black frames
and the girl around the corner laughed
when he asked her to go see santa claus
and the kids told him why
his mother and father kissed alot
and his father never tucked him in bed at night
and his father got mad
when he cried for him to do it

once on a paper torn from his notebook
he wrote a poem
and he called it "Innocence: A Question"
because that was the question about his girl
and thats what it was all about
and his professor gave him an A
and a strange steady look
and his mother never hung it on the kitchen door
because he never showed her
that was the year Father Tracy died
and he forgot how the end
of the Apostles's Creed went
and he caught his sister
making out on the back porch
and his mother and father never kissed
or even talked
and the girl around the corner
wore too much make up
that made him cough when he kissed her
but he kissed her anyway
becuase it was the thing to do
and at 3 am he tucked himself into bed
his father snoring soundly

that's why on the back of a brown paper bag
he tried another poem
and he called it "Absolutely Nothing"
because that's what it was really all about
and he gave himself an A
and a slash on each damned wrist
and he hung it on the bathroom door
because this time he didnt think
he could reach the kitchen----

Wow. Who wrote this and what's the title?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
jayriginal:

Wow. Who wrote this and what's the title?

Niyuu:

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by jayriginal: 10:34am On Jan 03, 2017
Niyuu:

Thanks Niyuu. Your diary is the first one I've liked by the way and that annoys me. grin
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by LadyJasper: 11:10am On Jan 03, 2017
Good morning, all. Please does anyone have a soft/e - copy of the novel, 'Soza Boy' by Ken Saro - Wiwa? It seems the hard copy is out of print and I really need the book. Please pm me if you have a soft copy of it. Thank you.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 11, 2017
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 12, 2017
[s][/s]
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Bibi294(f): 7:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Owopetusam:
Service Of Creative Writers Is Needed

Hello,
A fast growing company is urgently in search of creative writers, copywriters, to submit their CV for job positions that is currently available.
Payment is scheduled for each single project you complete. Our payment is based on 100 words for #500, 500 words for #2500 , And so on.
Send your CV of 200 words stating your expertise as a copywriter to danielajoyce93@yahoo.com
Is it an online thingy or what?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Brokenwind1(m): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hi everybody,am new here,how u doin?

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by eddie7: 10:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Brokenwind1:
Hi everybody,am new here,how u doin?
Welcome and please don't be a troubleshooter here

1 Like

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by mikesdam: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
Story of a couple that thought marriage was all about feelings.
Though they started well but WHAT WENT WRONG?
Read more by clicking on this link
/p5eqUs-N
Or go to www.elyonjnr.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Brokenwind1(m): 10:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
eddie7:
Welcome and please don't be a troubleshooter here
no,i wont thanks.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Nobody: 11:17am On Jan 18, 2017
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by GoldPencil: 9:03pm On Jan 21, 2017
Hello everyone, from the stables of #BadCreative books, I am pleased to announce the impending arrival of the book Juuro: The Night Key.

I am willing to link you to where you can get a free copy, as soon as it drops.

Feel free to dm me your email addresses if you are interested. The twitter handle is @BadCreativ3
#Juuro #TheNight Key #TNK #BadCreativ3

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by eddie7: 11:47am On Jan 22, 2017
GoldPencil:
Hello everyone, from the stables of #BadCreative books, I am pleased to announce the impending arrival of the book Juuro: The Night Key.

I am willing to link you to where you can get a free copy, as soon as it drops.

Feel free to dm me your email addresses if you are interested. The twitter handle is @BadCreativ3
#Juuro #TheNight Key #TNK #BadCreativ3
Thanks for the info. I'm interested. My addr is eddie4shot@yahoo.com
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by efeski(m): 2:17pm On Jan 23, 2017
hi folks
really needing some motivation to write again.
let's just say after nysc in 2014 life started and realities of surviving in Lagos made me seldom chanced and too tired to write.
last attempt was in 2012 when what started as a short story became a novella & since then I've been trying to figure out a perfect ending to what promises to be a good story by mine and few tested hand trusted folks in our literary sphere.
any active tips for overcoming writers block/ laziness to the craft?
meanwhile where can we post short stories?

and how does one go about patenting one's works?

NB
shout out to all poets in the house.
for a lover of poetry I respect and envy your skills. yours truly can't weave a meaningful rhyme
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by efeski(m): 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2017
hi folks
really needing some motivation to write again.
let's just say after nysc in 2014 life started and realities of surviving in Lagos made me seldom chanced and too tired to write.
last attempt was in 2012 when what started as a short story became a novella & since then I've been trying to figure out a perfect ending to what promises to be a good story by mine and few tested and trusted folks in our literary sphere.
any active tips for overcoming writers block/ laziness to the craft?
meanwhile where can we post short stories?

and how does one go about patenting one's works?

NB
shout out to all poets in the house.
for a lover of poetry I respect and envy your skills. yours truly can't weave a meaningful rhyme
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Fictionfangurl: 4:49pm On Jan 23, 2017
Want to know when the newest fiction novels are dropping, real time? Then visit http://fictionaddictbooks..com.ng/. We've
got the best reviews.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by GoldPencil: 7:50am On Jan 25, 2017
You can read an excerpt from my book here.
https://kindlescout.amazon.com/p/1DC8OMK80D9IW
PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK THE NOMINATE BUTTON IF YOU WANT A FREE COPY

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Halexgos(m): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2017
Okay
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by samyfreshsmooth(m): 7:47pm On Jan 25, 2017

Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by sigmundfreud(m): 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
What did I miss?
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 12:34pm On Jan 31, 2017
sigmundfreud:
What did I miss?

Hello, Sigmund.
Saw your comment and decided to reply you wink.
How have you been? smiley

It's been ages since I've been on here cry.
Re: Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" by Cuddlemii: 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2017
Good afternoon everyone. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (725) (Reply)

Silent Seduction / Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.