Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan (13395 Views)

Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala / "It's Going To Be A Very Difficult Year," Ngozi Okonji Iweala (CNN) / Rivers Govt Replies Okonji-iweala On Missing $5B From Excess Crude Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by pictures: 5:42pm On Jul 30, 2012
Ngozi Okonjo is doing the right thing but her type of policy is not met
for this wicked generation. This is why i laugh when i hear people
saying they want to change Nigeria. Even God couldn't change the
hard minds of the children of Israel, He allowed all of them
to die in the wilderness except Joshua and Caleb.
All the money that have been released before what were they used for?
Nothing. and they still want more to be released without building
the necessary frame work to ensure accountability. Well, GEJ better
listen to them because this is not military regime otherwise they will gang up and
impeach you. The whole political
structure is already faulty , boys must eat and the vultures are hungry.
GEJ focus on light only, build nuclear plants and leave the rest for another
president. partner with serious people like dangote to do that. See now, it is only Gsm
that obasanjo is remembered for, do the same and retire peacefully.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by tinkinjo: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2012
Again Nigerians argue on the grounds of ignorance. If she says 56 and the reps say 34, who is right?
Who has the statistics?
I think that when it has to do with budget implementation the finance minister is more of an authority than the reps.
However knowing what Nigeria is, for one to make a sound judgement, both have to make available the components of the budget they claim have been implemented for verification.

Speaking based on what is before me I'll say the Minister's claim is based on releases made by her ministry and the reps claim an assumption.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Demdem(m): 7:44pm On Jul 30, 2012
Once again, it seems Ngozi has lied again.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by nimi1: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2012
The Reps are hungry! Remember what Otedola said about them?
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:20pm On Jul 30, 2012
tinkinjo: Again Nigerians argue on the grounds of ignorance. If she says 56 and the reps say 34, who is right?
Who has the statistics?
I think that when it has to do with budget implementation the finance minister is more of an authority than the reps.
However knowing what Nigeria is, for one to make a sound judgement, both have to make available the components of the budget they claim have been implemented for verification.

Speaking based on what is before me I'll say the Minister's claim is based on releases made by her ministry and the reps claim an assumption.

Wasn't that the same assumptions we made until it was revealed during the Subsidy probe that she had no clue what was going on right under her nose?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by gsalvatore: 10:21pm On Jul 30, 2012
Some folks out here think that the NA mean well for the masses,all they are after is their pockets,wallets and ashawo to warm their beds. I believe Gej and NOI mean well for the masses but corruption of over 50yrs can't just disappear jst like that. They see NOI as an obstacle to filling up their bank accounts thats the reason they are trying to discredit her by all means. We folks have to be weary of these Legislooters whenever they come clamoring over some issues cos they really don't care about the masses talkless of the nigerian project...I remember taking a trip with a friend to the national assembly, we were to see the senator representing my friends constituency, I tink that was eshan north fed constutuency or so, when we entered the office every where was smelling drugs/weed and u need to see the honourables attitude due to highness...that's the crop of lawmakers that are fighting for the masses. Abeg bone NASS jor
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by Kobojunkie: 10:28pm On Jul 30, 2012
embason: Between Ngozi Okonjo- Iwela and Hon. Zakari Mohammed, who is deceiving us? Who and what should Nigerians believe? Is it 56% or 36% budget implementation?

These are the questions we ought to ask of these people in Government. Who is lying to us, and why?
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by aribisala0(m): 11:30pm On Jul 30, 2012
Clarification of factual disputes like this is the job of journalists.Unfortunately in Nigeria this tier of our democracy is moribund
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by baysol: 7:27am On Jul 31, 2012
A beg my contri people lef sonting. How una go guide meat with cat? Nobi Igbo Igbo we they yan about here? I beg this people fall my hand no be small. No be the same Dem dem we wan come rule Nija with nothing to show for their stewardship at this level of govenance. Only corruption, deception and disintegration is their language. Yeye people we no know wentin den want in life. A beg contri people we no want bygots in 2015 biko.
Re: Beware Of Okonji-Iweala`s Advice : Reps To Jonathan by future001: 8:13am On Jul 31, 2012
But lets be serious here. How did the NASS come up with their figure. Probably because their over bloated contracts are not approved. And this translates to failure in budget implementation. But of course, NL are always gullible and will always follow the tide as it suits them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Didn’t Withdraw 2016 Budget, Say Presidency / Ibrahim Idris Visits Family Of Late Francis Bolaji Odesanya (Photos) / 2019: Labour Party Pledges 16m Votes For PMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.