Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,984 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? (20726 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Bishop David Oyedepo And His Family / Why Is Church Politics Worse Than Nigerian Politics / Ghanaian Pastors Are Proving Worse Than Nigeria’s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by gst101: 11:12pm On Jul 30, 2012
the bible says 'THE ONE WHO cannot provide for his family IS WORSE than an infidel'. I want your take on the verse. This verse is so common among christ embassy members so i believe they can tell us more. I also want to hear from ladies. Its really important. Do you, as a lady, prefer your man to cheat on you to your man not to able to provide for you? If yes, would you have thought other wise if it weren't written in the bible?
Re: Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by gst101: 12:08am On Jul 31, 2012
say something! dont just view and go
Re: Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by MrAnony1(m): 12:33am On Jul 31, 2012
First of all, I think you've misquoted that verse. The verse you seek is 1 Tim 5:8

If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.(NIV)

But those who won't care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers.
(NLT)

But if any provide not for his own, and especially for those of his own house, he has denied the faith, and is worse than an unbeliever.
(KJV)

It is not referring to those who are not able to provide but to those who refuse to provide for their families. I hope it is clear to you now.

2 Likes

Re: Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by gst101: 7:11am On Jul 31, 2012
ok. I understand now. The infidel i was thinking is the one who cheats on his wife. Its just the way CEC members quote it that got me thinking the way i thought.
Re: Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by MrAnony1(m): 10:37am On Jul 31, 2012
Ok cool
Re: Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? by OmoAlata(f): 5:41pm On Aug 05, 2012
1 Timoty 5:8

Hawai‘i Pidgin (HWP)

8 If get somebody dat no take care his ohana, an even mo his own mudda an fadda, wife, kids, dass jalike he bag an say he donno God. He mo worse den da guy dat no trus God notting.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Ogoh Welcomes Twins In Owerri After 24 Years Of Marriage - Photo / 2017 National Marian Congress Holds In Benin(pictures) / 5 Most Important Things You Need To Know About Speaking In Tongue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.