Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:49 PM

What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? (10136 Views)

Wow! Greatest Response To A Man Who Said He Doesn't Believe There Is A God! / Do You Believe There's Curse Of The First Born / Two Reasons I Believe There Is A God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by DeepSight(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2012
musKeeto:
And Satan?

Ol boy I don't know. I was just suggesting that the story could be symbolic. I personally dont believe in any such thing as Satan.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
Deep Sight:

Ol boy I don't know. I was just suggesting that the story could be symbolic. I personally dont believe in any such thing as Satan.
The whole thing tire me o.. Na y i still dey for my small agnosticism(sitting on the fence)....
[s]Nb:suspect you got that story from one of m_nwankwo's posts..[/s]
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
musKeeto:
The whole thing tire me o.. Na y i still dey for my small agnosticism(sitting on the fence)....
[s]Nb:suspect you got that story from one of m_nwankwo's posts..[/s]

I can't recall where I first saw that explanation, but it was definitely related to the Grail Message/ Grail Movement.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by truthislight: 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
musKeeto:
So did Adam die?

Can you rephrase this?

I'm not an atheist....

Death kills us?

Your obsession with death is beginning to bother me. Hope you're not suicidal...

So you hold onto the Bible, till maybe scientists find a way to cure death? Good choice..

Great to know that your fear of death is what keeps you close to God.. May you never die...

the aspect you ask that i rephrase had a typo error and has been corrected.

U asked if Adam died?
Yes he died, after 900 and some years. And his children inherited his dying gens.

And if you must know, it is not just my fear of dead that keep me close to God, But it helps me to know how vulnerable human really are.
Additionnally, a closer look at his laws reveal that they are fail proof.
As a rational being, i have decided to adopt his laws and the effects are tremendous. I cant imagine having the fear of acquiring Hiv, most of all my decisions and choices guided by the bible are fantastic since wrong moves in a wicked system are neglgible. Makes life smooth, give reason to life and why we are hear, and many more.
Peace
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by ijawkid(m): 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
Area_boy: @ Ijawkid

Mate, take a hike. The catholic church accepts evolution, although modified to suit them a little, it still hovers around the same general idea.

Your style of Christianity come from Catholicism. you should listen when they speak. They gave u the bible u use. undecided

You are a dreamer.......

So because the catholics accept evolution so I shuld accept it.........

The same people who slaughtered many during d crusade and burnt up persons on stakes for possessing d same bible u claim they own......

Sorry bro....

The catholics aint my yard stick for accepting truths or repudiating lies.....

Ur alluding that d catholics do not believe in the creation account........
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by mrmayor(m): 8:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
Deep Sight: @ Area boy. . . .

The Bible may be altered, and certainly contains truth as well as falsehood and myth. However one should still try and discern deeply when looking at some of its legends. They could be symbols.

About the garden of eden which you mentioned, look deeper into the story - - - >

Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.

@Deepsight,

Finally, the learned Ex Anglican/Eckist/Grail Message lawyer arrives to the thread to give us his usual "Ambiguous, Could Have, Sort Of" neither here or there opinion.

I would love to know which parts of the Bible are blatant Falsehood, Myths and where it has been altered.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by LordBabs(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Because your god doesn't have an email address nor a phone contact. On the incredible note, he's not on facebook, twitter and my ever-loving nairaland. I contacted my associate in the FBI, and she said your god's name was not found on their data base. It beats me hard why some cretins still believe in ghost-like-fairy-tales!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by joe4christ(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Jamji:

What your proof that God made man?

Why was'nt your private part placed on your forehead position maybe that would've made it more private or dont u think so? Fool!

[size=15pt] For only a fool would conclude withen himself that there is no God! [/size]

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2012
joe4christ:

Why was'nt your private part placed on your forehead position maybe that would've made it more private or dont u think so? Fool!

[size=15pt] For only a fool would conclude withen himself that there is no God! [/size]

weak!

learn your biology properly man before quoting your useless psalms 14. human beings are very poor designs. If an engineer designed u and me, we'll be sent back to the factory with design flaws

- we eat and breathe from the same place. easily choking
- sewage disposal and amusement park are next door neighbours. what the hell is that?
- we convert only a fraction of wat we eat to energy and toss the rest away
- we have odd designs. Eg: the recurrent laryngeal nerve goes from the left of your throat down to your stomach then back up to the right side of your throat instead of taking the shortest route possible. terrible design
- we can survive very very short periods in water when 70% of the world we know is covered in the damn thing

this list can go on and on. so dont tell me we are perfectly engineered and hence its god's doing. that's just utter nonesense
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 10:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
joe4christ:

For only a fool would conclude withen himself that there is no God!

[size=17pt]and only a bigger fool will not engage his brain for once to examine his religion before commenting and type big letters to shout as if everyone he is shouting at is a dumb a$$ like him[/size]
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by wiegraf: 10:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lord Babs: Because your god doesn't have an email address nor a phone contact. On the incredible note, he's not on facebook, twitter and my ever-loving nairaland. I contacted my associate in the FBI, and she said your god's name was not found on their data base. It beats me hard why some cretins still believe in ghost-like-fairy-tales!

You couldn't be wrongest. His on facebooks

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 2:35am On Aug 03, 2012
omg.. best chat i've ever seen!! "God" Pwned the b1tch! hahahahhahaha grin
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by joe4christ(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2012
Area_boy:

weak!

learn your biology properly man before quoting your useless psalms 14. human beings are very poor designs. If an engineer designed u and me, we'll be sent back to the factory with design flaws

- sewage disposal and amusement park are next door neighbours. what the hell is that?
- we have odd designs. Eg: the recurrent laryngeal nerve goes from the left of your throat down to your stomach then back up to the right side of your throat instead of taking the shortest route possible. terrible design
[size=15pt]- we can survive very very short periods in water when 70% of the world we know is covered in the damn thing
[/size]

this list can go on and on. so dont tell me we are perfectly engineered and hence its god's doing. that's just utter nonesense

[size=15pt]And you wonder why we have'nt been consumed by that large volume of water covering the earth?
Well not too worry i guess it's a miracle. Ooops! Sorry, i almost forgot u dont believe in miracles, then i guess it's the god of the 'big b@ng' at work. Lol! - Bunch of dumb retardeens![/size]
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by LoveKing(m): 5:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
joe4christ:

[size=15pt]And you wonder why we have'nt been consumed by that large volume of water covering the earth?
Well not too worry i guess it's a miracle. Ooops! Sorry, i almost forgot u dont believe in miracles, then i guess it's the god of the 'big b@ng' at work. Lol! - Bunch of dumb retardeens![/size]
why the anger? If them give you gun you go shoot person. Whats the point of this busybody for a God whos logicaly in your head and you can only imagine him. Pls get lost.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 5:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
joe4christ:

And you wonder why we have'nt been consumed by that large volume of water covering the earth?
Well not too worry i guess it's a miracle. Ooops! Sorry, i almost forgot u dont believe in miracles, then i guess it's the god of the 'big b@ng' at work. Lol! - Bunch of dumb retardeens!

[size=15pt]see this ignoramus who just popped from nowhere and spew bullshit of out his ignorant and dumb retar.ded brainwashed mind.[/size]
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by inereunwa1(m): 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
Repent Jesus christ is lord!!!!!!
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 7:10pm On Aug 03, 2012
joe4christ:

first of all, is that the only thing you can pick out?

Secondly, try and understand the subject of my post. Dont go about rambling nonsense to validate your stance.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by jmoore(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2012
Area_boy:

weak!

- we can survive very very short periods in water when 70% of the world we know is covered in the damn thing

Please create an insect let me see.... Your post affirms David's statement that anyone who doesn't believe in God is a fool.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Purist(m): 7:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
Lord Babs: Because your god doesn't have an email address nor a phone contact. On the incredible note, he's not on facebook, twitter and my ever-loving nairaland. I contacted my associate in the FBI, and she said your god's name was not found on their data base. It beats me hard why some cretins still believe in ghost-like-fairy-tales!

wiegraf beat me to it. . .lol. God is on Facebook and Twitter, and guess what? He has an incredible sense of humour too! cheesy

You should Like and Follow him as I do! wink
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
jmoore:

Please create an insect let me see.... Your post affirms David's statement that anyone who doesn't believe in God is a fool.

who told you that your god created the insects. insects have been existing and evolving for millions of years before those Jews came up with the idea of their deity who they believed created insects.

your post just affirms that you are the greatest fool for believing the fairy tales from an ancient book handed to you from ancient people who knows less than a science student today about biology and entomology.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 8:06pm On Aug 03, 2012
jmoore:

huh?

you see the difference between you religious folks and us?

I hope you can figure this out for yourself. or do you want me to spell it out too?

lazy minds undecided
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Mobinga: 8:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
cyrexx:

even your religion, which gave you your idea of God, cant do that. Your religion only promise you an[b] imaginative fantasy of blissful unproveable second life[/b]. Anybody can promise anything. It doesnt stop death or old age that happens to everybody. Religion only offers an imaginative consolation. Nothing more.

But let me not discourage you, keep believing your God. Since that is what give you comfort and meaning in life.
Best wishes.

You must be an ldiot. How does one prove something in a second life in the present life?

Atheists and their silly flaws.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 9:14pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mobinga:

You must be an ldiot. How does one prove something in a second life in the present life?

see the greatest of all idiots who has been totally brainwashed to believe he will live forever.

where were you before you were born? that is where you will go when you die. QED.

your religion has swindled you and messed with your brain. it promises you second life while collecting your intellect. the bad thing is that you, and your silly head with flawed brain, cant get a refund from this swindler when you realise that you had been swindled.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 9:16pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mobinga:

are you joking? how is that a flaw??

Very simple 50-50 probability logic here. Either there is a second life or there inst. Dont be arrogant enough to asset your confidence in a certainty that cannot be confirmed.

But then again, your second sentence gives you away pretty cheaply. How can you prove a second life in a present life? Answer: You cant
yet you are certain it is there because a book says so. undecided
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Mobinga: 9:20pm On Aug 03, 2012
cyrexx:

see the greatest of all idiots who has been totally brainwashed to believe he will live forever.

where were you before you were born? that is where you will go when you die. QED.

your religion has swindled you and messed with your brain. it promises you second life while collecting your intellect. the bad thing is that you, and your silly head with flawed brain, cant get a refund from this swindler when you realise that you had been swindled.

Bitterness = Loss

Did religion rape your mother?

Get the flying Bleep out of here you ninny.

Another delusional atheist with an infinitely-limited knowledge thinking otherwise.
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Mobinga: 9:23pm On Aug 03, 2012
Area_boy:

are you joking? how is that a flaw??

Very simple 50-50 probability logic here. Either there is a second life or there inst. Dont be arrogant enough to asset your confidence in a certainty that cannot be confirmed.

But then again, your second sentence gives you away pretty cheaply. How can you prove a second life in a present life? Answer: You cant
yet you are certain it is there because a book says so. undecided

Yet another cheap flaw.

Can you ascertain where I said there is a second life?
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Areaboy2(m): 9:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mobinga:

Yet another cheap flaw.

Can you ascertain where I said there is a second life?

if your're not a Christian then stfu and gtfo angry
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mobinga:

Bitterness = Loss

[quote author=Mobinga]

Bitterness = Loss

Get the flying Bleep out of here you ninny.

Another delusional atheist with an infinitely-limited knowledge thinking otherwise.

your bitterness = your loss

get the f4ck out of here, miserable troll, you are polluting the air

religion not only ra.ped your mother but messed up your thinking faculties

you are just one of the many delusional religionists with boxed infinitely-limited knowledge due to their religious superstition. yet you think you are still a christian going to your imaginary heaven. pathetic
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by Soulcaine(m): 10:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Nothing can ever make me think or even doubt the existence of my GOD. Maybe i am dogmatic, biased, uneducated,foolish,old school, a freak etc. It doesn't matter to me a bit because i have something that does who dont believe in GOD lack: i have faith!

Faith is the difference between a homo sapiens and an animal because faith involves thinking and believing animals dont do that. Not calling pple who dont believe animals, no far frm it; jst expressing d singular character that makes for d excercising of faith.

1 Like

Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by cyrexx: 10:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
^^^

i have no problem with faith. its only when religionists call atheists fools that i cant keep silent.

faith can be comforting, and hard cold reality may be harsh. i understand, no problem.

i will rather seek for true scientific provable truth than believe by faith that there is an imaginary friend up there.

thats my choice and i respect your choice too.

peace
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by wiegraf: 6:09am On Aug 04, 2012
Soul_caine: Nothing can ever make me think or even doubt the existence of my GOD. Maybe i am dogmatic, biased, uneducated,foolish,old school, a freak etc. It doesn't matter to me a bit because i have something that does who dont believe in GOD lack: i have faith!

Faith is the difference between a homo sapiens and an animal because faith involves thinking and believing animals dont do that. Not calling pple who dont believe animals, no far frm it; jst expressing d singular character that makes for d excercising of faith.

Animals can't have faith because they can't reason. It requires reason - reason fails - use faith as last resort. Generally most atheists are still in the 'this can be reasoned' camp while the religious are in the 'oh my god were gonna dai, @deity help oz plz' camp. (Not so sure about the animals can't reason bit)

Anyways that's not my main reason for jumping in. It's that I'm fairly impressed that you're admitting your belief is based on faith. This is fantastic. You concede that there is no actual proof, but choose to have faith. Seriously that is wonderful (no troll, really) and you can as much faith in whatever you wish to (you should see some of the things I trust..). However, a crucial bit, do you believe in separation of church and state? Do you think authorities/society are justified in prosecuting victimless crimes, personal freedoms etc? I'm curious, really.

I'm guessing.... No.

Edit: we r animals actually, my bad, other animals
Re: What Would Make You Believe There Is No God? by truthislight: 12:15pm On Aug 04, 2012
Deep Sight: @ Area boy. . . .

The Bible may be altered, and certainly contains truth as well as falsehood and myth. However one should still try and discern deeply when looking at some of its legends. They could be symbols.

About the garden of eden which you mentioned, look deeper into the story - - - >

Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.

what is this? "the gods must be crazy"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reachout Nigeria 2013: Celebrating Our Possibilities / The Power Of God’s Word – W.F. Kumuyi / Why God Didn't Help Leah Sharibu!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.