Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,484 members, 7,781,451 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:37 PM

I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe (12174 Views)

SE APC: We Want Biafra And Not Presidency / APC Will Know I’m An Attack Dog –adamu Mu’azu / Doyin Okupe Blasts Buhari Again On Twitter – Nigerians Fires Back – Read Tweet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by onthefence: 6:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
I Am Not An Attack Dog For The President: Doyin Okupe

[img]http://premiumtimesng.com/thumbnail.php?file=Doyin_Okupe_and_Rueben_Abatti_141030059.jpg&size=article_large[/img]

Newly appointed special assistant to the president on public affairs says he will not be replacing the presidential spokesman, Reuben Abati

Doyin Okupe says his appointment as Senior Special Assistant (SSA) on Public Affairs to President Goodluck Jonathan does not suggest conflict or friction in the Presidency’s information management process.

Mr. Okupe spoke at a joint media briefing with the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, at the State House.

He said his office is saddled with distinct assignments from those of Mr. Abati and the Minister of information, Labaran Maku.

Mr. Okupe refuted the insinuation from some quarters that his appointment by the president was to usurp the functions of Mr. Abati’s office.

He assured that both of them would work in synergy and unity of purpose in interfacing between the Presidency and the public.

“The position of Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Affairs is not in any way conflicting with the job of the Special Adviser to the President. The Special Adviser to the President remains the presidential spokesman.

“All official policies and statements emanating from the president are released through him.

“Anything that is official and has to do with what the president has spoken about will be spoken of by Dr. Reuben Abati.

“My job is public affairs. Later this afternoon, Dr. Abati and the president will be travelling to Trinidad and Tobago, while they are away, issues become current, debates surface and somebody in Trinidad and Tobago cannot be the one at the same time engaging the public.

“So, my department which is not going to be in the Villa is to engage the public on issues that are current and of national importance.

“I am also to monitor development both in the media and the nation and to advise the Presidency and other relevant organisations as to what we are hearing. We are to interface between the Presidency and the public, that is the job,’’ he explained.

Mr. Okupe also argues that he was “not hired as an attack dog” as speculated in the media, but that he was appointed to engage and enlighten the public, and particularly the opposition on the activities of the administration.

“If President Jonathan hires a 60-year-old man as attack dog, then he is employing a weak attack dog. I am not an attack dog. My job basically is public advocacy.

“We need to engage the public; we need to engage opposition to deepen the understanding of the opposition on what government policies are,’’ he said.

Earlier, Mr. Abati who spoke in the same vein said Mr. Okupe is joining the team with a lot of experience which would help in moving the administration forward.

“He comes to this team with a lot of confidence in the Jonathan project.

“One thing we both have in common is that we both have a passion for Jonathan's transformation agenda and we believe in President Jonathan that he deserves the support of all Nigerians,” he said.

Mr. Abati added that the team would wax strong in the dissemination of information about the government’s programmes and activities and the engagement of members of the public on its policies.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/6281-i_am_not_an_attack_dog_for_the_president_okupe_says.html
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by OAM4J: 8:16pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ok, do your job and we shall see.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by wowo2: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2012
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by tunnytox(m): 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2012
OK we don hia, we'll set up a committee to look into that angry angry

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by stolenstone: 8:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
make i hear!!!!!!! 2 months after, your oga go jejely fire Abati, you go come become d chairman! Abati's days are numbered. Na today??
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
Oga ur grammer too much, special adviser n d senior special adviser re d same. Jst do ur wrk!!!
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by YoursGEJ(m): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2012
tunnytox: OK we don hia, we'll set up a committee to look into that angry angry

and I will set up a committee to look into your committee's report grin grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by isquar3d3(m): 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
i laugh. U want 2 engage mallam Rufy Rufy and his twitter political party abi? Them dey wait u. And unlike Abati, u know as e dey go. U'v had ur hands dirty b4 under d Egba overlord so they shld expect fire 4 fire. Hahaha. I dey laugh o!
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by ebamma(m): 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
if you are not the attack dog that means you are the attack lion,the 40 laptops will be the attack dogs.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Elueme: 8:41pm On Jul 31, 2012
I wish them well.....
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 31, 2012
FRESH AIR
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by 2mch(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
Times have changed. Our parents were timid Mr. Okupe. Just look around on NL to see your competition and the people you will be attacking. i dont envy your job. Goodluck. Cheers mate! Congrats on the Job. See you on NL. grin grin grin
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Sunofgod(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2012
“I am also to monitor development both in the media and the nation and to advise the Presidency and other relevant organisations as to what we are hearing. We are to interface between the Presidency and the public, that is the job,’’ he explained

Laptop 41?

11 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by zeal500: 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2012
Presidency pls fire Abati now and stop duplicating responsibility
This administrations greatest weakness is duplication of position and unneccesary numbers in its administration.

Please stop dis and channel these monies into better areas

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Epalos: 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Well, you don't look like pit bull, g-sheppard or rottweiler, but a fall guy, just don't take a note from Abati who lost the little credibility he had before joining the sinking ship.
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by tunnytox(m): 8:46pm On Jul 31, 2012
Yours GEJ,:

and I will set up a committee to look into your committee's report grin grin grin grin

Carry go now grin grin grin just like someone posted earlier its govt of committees by committees for committees..... cool

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by str8talk1: 8:50pm On Jul 31, 2012
Unfortunely,Dr. Okupe had read my post of him being Mr. President's new Attack Dog. But,my advice 2 him is dat he shld tread wt caution on social media 'cos no matter how hard he tries to paint a good pic about d Presidency,dia r million of Nigerians who can do his job a million times beta dan him at no cost 2 Mr. President.

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Soulcaine(m): 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2012
zeal500: Presidency pls fire Abati now and stop duplicating responsibility
This administrations greatest weakness is duplication of position and unneccesary numbers in its administration.

Please stop dis and channel these monies into better areas

no nah
if u no recognise awon boys, 2015 go clear ur eye oo!
Better get dem boys ready now.
Concerning duplication of responsibilities all d ministries in nigeria can be classified into 5 d restt turn dem to depts.
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by ifihearam: 8:52pm On Jul 31, 2012
Mr Doyin Okube you are welcome to the team that passionately believes on GEJ transformation agenda like me but I still don't understand the difference between you,abati and the information minister sha. I see duplication of efforts here ni.

Anyways I know GEJ knows what he is doing

FRESH air

1 Like

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 31, 2012
The media will always say what they want...meanwhile,attack dog ni.I dont understand the phrase oh
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by occam(m): 8:57pm On Jul 31, 2012
all the best Okupe! na your time to go chop. all these "engaging public" an turenchi
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2012
lots of talking,no action. sad
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by mikeywise(m): 9:03pm On Jul 31, 2012
ifihearam: Mr Doyin Okube you are welcome to the team that passionately believes on GEJ transformation agenda like me but I still don't understand the difference between you,abati and the information minister sha. I see duplication of efforts here ni.

Anyways I know GEJ knows what he is doing

FRESH air
U won't understand because u know that very soon, ur boss RA will be out of job and u know what dat means.
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by chucky234(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
GEJ employed Bullmastiff (Abati) only for him to realised that bullmastiff hardly bark or bite he decided to employ a pitbull but ended up employing a yorkshire (Doyin Okupe) who is worse than bullmastiff.
Unecessary waste of public funds if you ask me,only in Nigeria you will find every elected official with then Special advisers each.
DRAMA......POLLUTED AIR

2 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
You dont need to be another attack dog, You have beaf, Billyonaire, ifihearam, mandelagay, jmaine, wesley80, wereleleyi(werepeleri), dedeikeworking in that capacity

4 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jul 31, 2012
It doesnt matter if the job is duplicated or if 100 persons do the same job, It will only do more good to the image making of our C-in-C; I do not know the real meaning of attack dog, cos I dont see why a dog should attack. GEJ is a soft spoken and transparent man that is loved by all his friends, envied by his haters and feared by his enemies. We of the FRESH AIR dynasty, are winning more souls daily and we have been great Liahona to the ignorant minds. Love him or hate him. GEJ is our President and its better to be constructive in our criticisms and not destructive.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by jamace(m): 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2012
Ok. Welcome on board, Senior Basket-mouth to Mr President. cheesy
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by EmmyBoy2(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2012
[quote author=isquar3d3]i laugh. U want 2 engage mallam Rufy Rufy and his twitter political party abi? Them dey wait u. And unlike Abati, u know as e dey go. U'v had ur hands dirty b4 under d Egba overlord so they shld expect fire 4 fire. Hahaha. I dey laugh. Lol @ Malam Rufy. Which one be Rufy again? Very imaginative.
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by slick1(m): 9:29pm On Jul 31, 2012
Doyin Okupe- senior special assitant to the presido on media and publicity
Rueben Abati-special adviser to the presido on media and publicity
there is no difference in their duties . . Dats y there's a clash between both offices . . . .wat a waste of resources . . . .Jonah is dis d fresh air u promisd?
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by ifihearam: 9:32pm On Jul 31, 2012
mikeywise:
U won't understand because u know that very soon, ur boss RA will be out of job and u know what dat means.

My loyalty lies with the president not Reuben Abati. Get that punk
Re: I Am Not Presidency's Attack Dog - Doyin-Okupe by ifihearam: 9:33pm On Jul 31, 2012
slick1: Doyin Okupe- senior special assitant to the presido on media and publicity
Rueben Abati-special adviser to the presido on media and publicity
there is no difference in their duties . . Dats y there's a clash between both offices . . . .wat a waste of resources . . . .Jonah is dis d fresh air u promisd?

If you don't have anything useful to say go and watch cartoon jorr. Mugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ojogbane Adegbe Sues EFCC For N100m / Ikpeazu Is An Unrepentant Liar, IPOB Reacts To Abia Gov's ‘attack’ On Kanu / FG Appoints Consultant To Trace, Recover Looted Funds (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.