Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:06 PM

Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. (8593 Views)

What's D Cost Of Brand New Nokia E7 & C7? / Very Urgent;current Price For Nokia C7 And N8 Please! / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by loyet: 11:19pm On Jul 31, 2012
I WANT TO KNOW THE BEST AMONG THEM AND THERE PRICES
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by walcolm(m): 7:10am On Aug 02, 2012
you can go to Nokia website and compare the 3 phones.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 3:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
Except if your mind is made up, I would advice you to go for Nokia 701 as it possesses alot of advantages over the listed ones above except that it does not have the 4 inch screen of E7. Also its much cheaper. The C7 has amoled screen but I think I prefer the screen on 701 to it.

I don't know any phone called N7 but I think you're referring to N8. The camera on N8 is awesome but thats just about its stand out feature.
For me the best symbian device now is 808 followed by 701
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Kristianmega(m): 11:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
nokia e6
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 1:53am On Aug 09, 2012
jedisco: Except if your mind is made up, I would advice you to go for Nokia 701 as it possesses alot of advantages over the listed ones above except that it does not have the 4 inch screen of E7. Also its much cheaper. The C7 has amoled screen but I think I prefer the screen on 701 to it.

I don't know any phone called N7 but I think you're referring to N8. The camera on N8 is awesome but thats just about its stand out feature.
For me the best symbian device now is 808 followed by 701

Wheeew, bro i neva knew how much u loved your 701 until i saw this post, had to go scroll back up to see who the poster was. Hmmmm. U and 701 sha. Incredible smiley
Seriously u prefer a 701 screen to a C7?? What are u bro lol. u still feel good with a TFT screen in 2012? Why is dat old screen still used on High-End devices anyway..
I know u luv 701 & u ar used 2 it but u need to try out other Nokia belle devices apart from its good looks and its upgraded RAM compared to some old Nokia Belle devices. I sold mine 2wks ago though. I tell u 701 DOESNT POSSESS ANY ADVANTAGE OVER THE OTHER! Mind u the poster never mentioned 701 na...

@OP. It depends on what u really wanna be doing with your device. First, NEVER EVER CONSIDER BUYING AN EXPENSIVE PHONE WITH A TFT SCREEN if you wanna get a good quality of Movies, games and pictures and display generally.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 4:32am On Aug 09, 2012
Now Let me Answer the poster in detail... C7, E7 & N8 (Not N7 i guess)
First i ll list their Main features, then explain so u decide what to go for

**C7**
AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
Gorilla Glass
3.5in Display
130g
8GB internal storage, expandable up to 40GB with a 32GB memory card
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
8Megapixel Camera with a fixed focus + Dual LED flashlight
Secondary/Front camera
Stero FM Radio + FM Transmitter
Dedicated mic for noise cancellation
TV OUT (via AV-3mm Headphone jack)

**E7**
Amoled Capacitive touchscreen
Gorilla Glass
4.0In display
176g
"Clear-Black" technology
16GB internal storage, No memory card slot added
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
8MP cam with fixed focus + Dual LED flashlight
Secondary/Front Cam
Stereo FM Radio only
TV OUT (Via AV-3mm jack + HDMI)
QWERTY Keyboard

**N8**
Gorilla glass
3.5In Display
135g
16GB internal storage, expandable up to 48GB with a 32GB memory card
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
12MP Camera with an Autofocus + Xenon Flashlight and carl Zeiss optics
Secondary/Front Cam
Stereo FM Radio + FM transmitter
Anoidized Alluminium casing

The 3 devices share Much similarities, Like Being a symbian 3 Device than can be upgradded to "Nokia Belle".
An AMOLED or Super AMOLED screen is what you must ensure before getting a smartphone. a smartphone isnt complete without a Very nice View and perfect colour combination for Games and movies. TFT screen on new smartphones are useless and upsetting (what was nokia thinkin when adding dat to 701? Reducing cost i guess, WTF!). i cant imagine watching movie on a TFT TV or playing a PS3 games with a TFT TV set. Even the cheapest laptop will never have that.
The gorilla glass on the devices helps prvent common scratches on the screen + it is strong so your screen wont break at the slightest drop
bluetooth 3.0, USB OTG, Front camera etc
But now lets talk about the differences...

*Both C7 & E7 has an 8GB internal memory which is not that bad for some, but u can add a memory card to increase c7 memory while E7 doesnt have this option. On the other Hand, N8 has a 16GB inbuilt memory plus a memory card option so u decide what u want
*Weight.. c7 is d lightest with 130Grams, followed by N8, 135G then the Heavy soldier, E7 with 176G. if u dont mind holding and putting a heavy brick inside pocket, then E7 is ok. but if u do spend lots of time with your phone like i do, then u should go with either c7 or N8, they both have 5grams different so it feels dsame when held
*Display. N8 and c7 both has a 3.5in display, pretty ok for normal usage. but if u do a lot with games and movies, then E7's 4inches screen is something to consider
*Amoled is cool but with E7's Clearblack tech. it is better, your screen are more visible in sunlight cos the dark backround layer of the screen increases. this doesnt mean N8 and C7 doesnt display nicely in sunlight, the light sensor on top of both devices increases the brightness to maximum so u can see whats on screen but the dark background stays the same. so here u should consider, how well do u operate or expose your precious phone screen to sunlights
*Camera and Video. Both E7 & C7 has the same spec of camera, 8mp, fixed focus and LED flashlight, quite basic (though d fixed focus sensor spoils it all). but u can never go wrong with N8 camera. 12mp, Carlzz optics plus a xenon flash. very professional i must say. if u are so creative, u gonna love using that machine, it replaces a real cam if u already hav one. shooting videos are great too cos its built with a good voice cancelation mic at the end. u can google more about N8 cam though
* FM transmitter allows you to listen to the music on your phone through any FM radio around. this is one of my best phone feature. Available both on c7 & N8 but not present in E7.
*TV OUT. this feature allows you to view your phone content on your tv either via plugging a supported AV cord to your phone's headphone Jack or Via HDMI option. All the 3 devices supports AV options but Only E7 & N8 supports HDMI, this is quite the best option to me though (If your TV supports HDMI) cos u get a perfect picture quality on your home theatre + a perfect doulby surround sound. u are even gonna be suprised how any of those 2 small phones could do that.
*KEYBOARD matterzz.. If u do type a whole lot, then i think you will like the physical QWERTY keyboard on E7. for me i still feel a touch Qwerty (c7 & N8) is better, maybe it s because i v gotten used to touch typing and never wanna dream of ever using keys anymore but it s your choice though. u still get both touch and physical keyboard on E7 while u only get Touch keyboard on C7 & N8
*Package and Casing. Both c7 and E7 are made of basic casing, quite cool. but N8 on its own is made of Anodized Aluminium ( Not an iron so it aint heavy) i knda feel this is much better than plastic cases for protection, i remember i once placed an N8 on a table with a drop of super glue, didnt realise until i lifted the phone and the back was like messed up, thanks to the Alluminium body, na my teeth i gently use to peel the thing commot without even a scratch on the phone, u can imagine what would hav happened if the phone was made with plastic casing.

None of them is the best, u just go with what suits your daily needs.
I hope i helped in any little way i could. All the best bro.

5 Likes

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Jeffy1206(m): 9:00am On Aug 09, 2012
temmy.m3:
Now Let me Answer the poster in detail... C7, E7 & N8 (Not N7 i guess)
First i ll list their Main features, then explain so u decide what to go for

**C7**
AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
Gorilla Glass
3.5in Display
130g
8GB internal storage, expandable up to 40GB with a 32GB memory card
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
8Megapixel Camera with a fixed focus + Dual LED flashlight
Secondary/Front camera
Stero FM Radio + FM Transmitter
TV OUT (via AV-3mm Headphone jack)

**E7**
Gorilla Glass
4.0In display
176g
"Clear-Black" technology
16GB internal storage, No memory card slot added
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
8MP cam with fixed focus + Dual LED flashlight
Secondary/Front Cam
Stereo FM Radio only
QWERTY Keyboard

**N8**
Gorilla glass
3.5In Display
135g
16GB internal storage, expandable up to 48GB with a 32GB memory card
Bluetooth 3.0
USB OTG
12MP Camera with an Autofocus + Xenon Flashlight and carl Zeiss optics
Secondary/Front Cam
Stereo FM Radio + FM transmitter
Anoidized Alluminium casing

The 3 devices share Much similarities, Like Being a symbian 3 Device than can be upgradded to "Nokia Belle".
An AMOLED or Super AMOLED screen is what you must ensure before getting a smartphone. a smartphone isnt complete without a Very nice View and perfect colour combination for Games and movies. TFT screen on new smartphones are useless and upsetting (what was nokia thinkin when adding dat to 701? Reducing cost i guess, WTF!). i cant imagine watching movie on a TFT TV or playing a PS3 games with a TFT TV set. Even the cheapest laptop will never have that.
The gorilla glass on the devices helps prvent common scratches on the screen + it is strong so your screen wont break at the slightest drop
bluetooth 3.0, USB OTG, Front camera etc
But now lets talk about the differences...

*Both C7 & E7 has an 8GB internal memory which is not that bad for some, but u can add a memory card to increase c7 memory while E7 doesnt have this option. On the other Hand, N8 has a 16GB inbuilt memory plus a memory card option so u decide what u want
*Weight.. c7 is d lightest with 130Grams, followed by N8, 135G then the Heavy soldier, E7 with 176G. if u dont mind holding and putting a heavy brick inside pocket, then E7 is ok. but if u do spend lots of time with your phone like i do, then u should go with either c7 or N8, they both have 5grams different so it feels dsame when held
*Display. N8 and c7 both has a 3.5in display, pretty ok for normal usage. but if u do a lot with games and movies, then E7's 4inches screen is something to consider
*Amoled is cool but with E7's Clearblack tech. it is better, your screen are more visible in sunlight cos the dark backround layer of the screen increases. this doesnt mean N8 and C7 doesnt display nicely in sunlight, the light sensor on top of both devices increases the brightness to maximum so u can see whats on screen but the dark background stays the same. so here u should consider, how well do u operate or expose your precious phone screen to sunlights
*Camera and Video. Both E7 & C7 has the same spec of camera, 8mp, fixed focus and LED flashlight, quite basic (though d fixed focus sensor spoils it all). but u can never go wrong with N8 camera. 12mp, Carlzz optics plus a xenon flash. very professional i must say. if u are so creative, u gonna love using that machine, it replaces a real cam if u already hav one. shooting videos are great too cos its built with a good voice cancelation mic at the end. u can google more about N8 cam though
* FM transmitter allows you to listen to the music on your phone through any FM radio around. this is one of my best phone feature. Available both on c7 & N8 but not present in E7.
*TV OUT. this feature allows you to view your phone content on your tv either via plugging a supported AV cord to your phone's headphone Jack or Via HDMI option. All the 3 devices supports AV options but Only E7 & N8 supports HDMI, this is quite the best option to me though (If your TV supports HDMI) cos u get a perfect picture quality on your home theatre + a perfect doulby surround sound. u are even gonna be suprised how any of those 2 small phones could do that.
*KEYBOARD matterzz.. If u do type a whole lot, then i think you will like the physical QWERTY keyboard on E7. for me i still feel a touch Qwerty (c7 & N8) is better, maybe it s because i v gotten used to touch typing and never wanna dream of ever using keys anymore but it s your choice though. u still get both touch and physical keyboard on E7 while u only get Touch keyboard on C7 & N8
*Package and Casing. Both c7 and E7 are made of basic casing, quite cool. but N8 on its own is made of Anodized Aluminium ( Not an iron so it aint heavy) i knda feel this is much better than plastic cases for protection, i remember i once placed an N8 on a table with a drop of super glue, didnt realise until i lifted the phone and the back was like messed up, thanks to the Alluminium body, na my teeth i gently use to peel the thing commot without even a scratch on the phone, u can imagine what would hav happened if the phone was made with plastic casing.

None of them is the best, u just go with what suits your daily needs.
I hope i helped in any little way i could. All the best bro.
guy u ve said it all.n8 is cute
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by sniperwolf(m): 3:23pm On Aug 09, 2012
If what you meant was Nokia N8 or Nokia 701. Then either is the best. Comparing N8 (Belle) with 701. N8 is the best
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 4:03am On Aug 10, 2012
temmy.m3:

Wheeew, bro i neva knew how much u loved your 701 until i saw this post, had to go scroll back up to see who the poster was. Hmmmm. U and 701 sha. Incredible smiley
Seriously u prefer a 701 screen to a C7?? What are u bro lol. u still feel good with a TFT screen in 2012? Why is dat old screen still used on High-End devices anyway..
I know u luv 701 & u ar used 2 it but u need to try out other Nokia belle devices apart from its good looks and its upgraded RAM compared to some old Nokia Belle devices. I sold mine 2wks ago though. I tell u 701 DOESNT POSSESS ANY ADVANTAGE OVER THE OTHER! Mind u the poster never mentioned 701 na...

@OP. It depends on what u really wanna be doing with your device. First, NEVER EVER CONSIDER BUYING AN EXPENSIVE PHONE WITH A TFT SCREEN if you wanna get a good quality of Movies, games and pictures and display generally.

This has nothing to do with love for a device I may soon stop using. I just felt like giving some input about my preference and like I remember posting 'except if your mind is made up'. This was me just just saying what my choice would be.

Coming to the screen issue. The last time I checked, the most expensive and successful general phone the iphone which together with the ipad receives over 75% of smartphone profits uses a TFT screen (which obviously has sold better than all of Nokias AMOLEDs put together)
There are several high-end androids that use a TFT screen.
So the issue of TFT being on low end devices is false. And like I keep repeating there are several cheaper AMOLED screen devices.

Moreover, I don't know where you got the idea that a great screen all depends on whether it uses TFT or AMOLED.

Alot of factors are involved like: physical screen materials, screen technologies (LCD versus OLED), pixel layouts (RGB variations), brightness, color accuracy, contrast ratio, reflectance, screen size, and pixel resolution.

Taking the 701 and C7(or N8) for instance most of the above are constant except for brightness (with 701 having the brightest screen on a smartphone) and reflectance which Nokias ClearBlack display more than takes care of.

So all-in-all, I still prefer the screen on 701 to that on C7. As far as symbian is concerned, only E7 and 808 have better screens.

Also a comparison has already been done:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/13649_IPS_TFT_versus_AMOLED_Nokia_70.php
This might also be helpful:
http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57445567-85/hd-super-amoled-versus-retina-display-and-other-screens-smartphones-unlocked/

1 Like

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 5:03am On Aug 10, 2012
temmy.m3:

I tell u 701 DOESNT POSSESS ANY ADVANTAGE OVER THE OTHER! Mind u the poster never mentioned 701 na...

Neither did he mention N8 bro...

The only symbian phone I regard as being better to 701 in all round usability is 808 (with due respect to N8s camera and E7s screen)

I think we're done with this comparison.
Anyway, while surfing a while ago I came across an article comparing the 701 to N8 on points they consider important (which I pretty much think represents older S^3 devices except for some subtle differences)

I think they did a good job (also judging from readers comments) but for the sake of completeness and also bringing C7 and E7 into focus, let me point out some things they missed before posting theirs.

- Price: Its almost 50% cheaper than the others except for C7

- Internal memory: 8GB although lower than that on the N8 and E7, it has a much better allocation between C: and E: so you hardly run out on C: which can't be increased artificially.

-Upgradeability- Symbian has moved on from Belle to Belle FP1 (which is much better than Belle) and is currently awaiting FP2 (which promises more). Out of the devices listed, only 701 uses FP1 and only it would get FP2 and maybe more. The others may get something minor.

-Camera: That of N8 is much better. But 701 has a 2nd gen EDoF camera which is much better than the 1st gen EDoF found on C7 and E7. It also has dual led flash that can be used as a torch.

-TV Out- N8 and E7 both have the 3.5mm A/V and HDMI while C7 and 701 have only the 3.5mm A/V out option. Although this is not a feature I'm keen on.
-Also only E7 has a 4 inch screen and physical keyboard

The remaining important things are covered in the review.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14959_Nokia_701_vs_N8_Torpedo_vs_Gui.php

1 Like

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Murphy7h4: 7:22am On Aug 10, 2012
BUMP
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Damon03(m): 1:56pm On Aug 10, 2012
jedisco:

This has nothing to do with love for a device I may soon stop using. I just felt like giving some input about my preference and like I remember posting 'except if your mind is made up'. This was me just just saying what my choice would be.

Coming to the screen issue. The last time I checked, the most expensive and successful general phone the iphone which together with the ipad receives over 75% of smartphone profits uses a TFT screen (which obviously has sold better than all of Nokias AMOLEDs put together)
There are several high-end androids that use a TFT screen.
So the issue of TFT being on low end devices is false. And like I keep repeating there are several cheaper AMOLED screen devices.

Moreover, I don't know where you got the idea that a great screen all depends on whether it uses TFT or AMOLED.

Alot of factors are involved like: physical screen materials, screen technologies (LCD versus OLED), pixel layouts (RGB variations), brightness, color accuracy, contrast ratio, reflectance, screen size, and pixel resolution.

Taking the 701 and C7(or N8) for instance most of the above are constant except for brightness (with 701 having the brightest screen on a smartphone) and reflectance which Nokias ClearBlack display more than takes care of.

So all-in-all, I still prefer the screen on 701 to that on C7. As far as symbian is concerned, only E7 and 808 have better screens.

Also a comparison has already been done:
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/13649_IPS_TFT_versus_AMOLED_Nokia_70.php
This might also be helpful:
http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57445567-85/hd-super-amoled-versus-retina-display-and-other-screens-smartphones-unlocked/
So true
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 4:19am On Aug 11, 2012
I've been trying to make a post but it gets hidden after sometime.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by ziccoit: 4:34am On Aug 11, 2012
My brother, the one you buy, use and that works for you is the best.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2012
temmy.m3:

I tell u 701 DOESNT POSSESS ANY ADVANTAGE OVER THE OTHER! Mind u the poster never mentioned 701 na...

Neither did he mention N8 bro...

The only symbian phone I regard as being better than 701 in all round usability is 808 (with due
respect to N8s camera and E7s screen)

I think we're done with this comparison.
Anyway, while surfing a while ago I came across
an article comparing the 701 to N8 on points they
consider important (which I pretty much think
represents older S^3 devices except for some
subtle differences) I think they did a good job (also judging from
readers comments) but for the sake of
completeness and also bringing C7 and E7 into
focus, let me point out some things they missed
before posting theirs.

- Price: Its almost 50% cheaper than the others
except for C7 - Internal memory: 8GB although lower than that
on the N8 and E7, it has a much better allocation
between C: and E: so you hardly run out on C:
which can't be increased artificially.

-Upgradeability: Symbian has moved on from
Belle to Belle FP1 (which is much better than
Belle) and is currently awaiting FP2 (which
promises more). Out of the devices listed, only
701 uses FP1 and only it would get FP2 and
maybe more. The others may get something minor.

-Camera: That of N8 is much better. But 701 has a
2nd gen EDoF camera which is much better than
the 1st gen EDoF found on C7 and E7. It also has
dual led flash that can be used as a torch.

-TV Out- N8 and E7 both have the 3.5mm A/V and
HDMI while C7 and 701 have only the 3.5mm A/V
out option. Although this is not a feature I'm keen
on.

-Also only E7 has a 4 inch screen and physical
keyboard.

The remaining important things are covered in
the review which also includes users comments.
http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/features/item/14959_Nokia_701_vs_N8_Torpedo_vs_Gui.php
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 3:42am On Aug 12, 2012
JEDISCO
Bro! I never wanna reply at first knowing fully well that u only had 701 without even trying your hands on any other Symbian^3 devices, just relyin on all the write-ups u get online. But your 2nd post seems to amaze me so i think am gonna start from Top!
1. Sincerely bro, hav u ever own or tried ur hands on a phone with either Amoled or just a LED screen built device after u had your 701?? U neva noticed any difference *Shakes my head*
Honestly bro, did u read and understand what was written on the site u refered me to And u still feel a TFT screen experience is better??

jedisco:
This post shows how much u never took time reading your link and you neva had any opportunity with an Amoled phone. PHYSICAL SCREEN MATERIALS, COLOUR ACCURACY are constant on both TFT and Oled?? *Laughz and fell from a mango Tree grin i once attached pictures of both phones runnin dsame content on our previous thread, i think i ll attach it again below, u should be d judge yourself! SEEING IS BELIEVING BRO!

This your issue of clearblack os quite disturbing o. Maybe i ll hav to upload a pic of an N8 screen in sunlight to see if it is that bad without a ''Clearblack'', I dunno if any N8 user ever complained of squeezin their eyes when operatin
d device outdoors.

jedisco:
Neither did he mention N8 bro
Really? N7?? Can u please tell me where to find one of that U should know better that this bro! He meant N8 and u know it!

I think i said this times without numbers on our previous thread. Nokia aint stupid, u cant compare a price of a device with Aluminium body/16gb memory/AMOLED/12MP carlz optics + xenon flash cam/HDMI to a Plastic/TFT/8gbmemory/8MP fixed focus + LED Flash.. THE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY IS CLEAR! u pay more for good service bro! Why didnt u get an E6 instead of 701, is the price not lower compared to the device u currently own?

jedisco: Internal memory: 8GB although lower than that on the N8 and E7, it has a much better allocation between C: and E: so you hardly run out on C: which can't be increased artificially.
LMAO! Bro, read what u wrote and ask yourself, Does this point really make sense? What is this?? Lol. Why should anyone run out of C: memory when all your installations and files should be stored on Mass memory E: drive (except for Antivirus & other preloaded nokia apps)? Kk i get it, u hav an 8gb phone, unfortunately the same 8gb was shared with other partition ( C: D: Zsmiley of your phone which makes the Mass memory itself insifficient for you so the only option you had was to use your C: memory. Quite upsetting i must say. lol. Bro, N8 has 16GB on board memory so why should i be bothered about C: , i wonder how many users stores contents on C: though, except for the newbies and OUT OF MEMORY guys grin

UPGRADEABILITY: Seems you have not been following Most thread relating to S^3, even our previous Thread.. "NOKIA BELLE IS HERE"! Cos if u do, u should know there is a leaked version of belle Fp1 for N8 from Nokia. (Just like Anna and Belle was leaked for the same phone in previous yrs) Guess what? It was even better cos i was able to modify the original firmware to my own taste and even gave it a name. Tell me, whatz more?? smiley

CAMERA: we all know N8 is the best among its siblings, ...forget 1st 2nd or 5th gen EDoF or whateva, the fact remains 701 has an 8MP fixed focus du*bsh*t with a LED Flashlight. LED is for touchlights, not for good pictures kk bro grin

TV OUT. I said this times without number, just because u dont use a feauture doesnt mean others are following your foot steps. There is nothing as cool as turning your small device into either your home DVD Player or Video game. Using the AVI Cable is sweet, but HDMI things ehn, its sweeter, Makes u take a second look at your phone and say...Oh mehhnn wink

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 4:54am On Aug 12, 2012
Jedisco, The picture above is a 701 (above) and N8 (below)displaying the same content with both set at maximum brightness, The 1st pic is a Disney walt cartoon (video) and d 2nd was a random picture from Belle presets, can u spot the differences in screen colour accuracy and contrast ratio between both? which will u prefer Dont forget dsame screen run your games o.
Having a smartphone aint just about... EH! I HAVE THE BIGGEST RAM AND THE FASTEST CPU + The Brightest smartphone eva produced .. Seriously if i should use that as my main reason of choosing a device, then am gonna keep changing phones every week. There are other main things you enjoy when u own a device apart from basic smartphone stuff, like how much contents is the in-built memory willin to contain, how good is the production ( Camera & Video) and cosumption as well ( Amoled or TFT), i do love getting the best out of gadget i own. Take for example FM TRANSMITTER, i noticed i get good transmission with the N8 in d car when i place the aluminium casing on any metal surface like the rear speakers? Also recording videos, there is another mic placed just below the loudspeaker to allow a professional recording of videos in stereo mode and voice cancelation. I also made a snapshot of a spinning standing fan on our previous thread to show how far an N8 camera could go, no matter how fast the object is. The phone has replaced my room's DVD player cos i plug my flashdrive via OTG Cable then connect to TV via HDMI and i enjoy a perfect picture quality + a good dolby sorround sound, i hav even uploaded my gaming moments on TV with the phone if u still remember. I v even made my own versions of Belle for N8. What more do i really want for a phone? Tell me, if i should hav 701 as my main device, will i really enjoy 50% of all this. Why should i go stand inside the sun cos i wanna feel the power of clearblack in sunlight? Or go for the sexiest phone (like a candy, as u always quote.lol) when i knew d plastic casin is really gonna start getting old before a year?
We all have our different reasons for choosing devices anyway smiley but as i v always said, all recent Nokia devices have their specific purposes, at least to me and consodering the lil' experiences i had with them
N8- Multimedia production
X7-Multimedia consumption
E7-Keyboard satisfaction
701-screen Brightness
808- The mother of them all, for now
It s your choice, but choose wisely!
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by 4peace(m): 8:01am On Aug 12, 2012
i pray to God this morning for you guys temmy & jedisco to get awof money and move on to another platform OS

Make una leave us nokia user alone we are tired of augument everytime symbian is mention on this forum.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by Damon03(m): 10:02am On Aug 12, 2012
First of all, there is nokia N7, the poster may mean N8 (cos its more popular) but there is N7(a simple google search will do justice to my claim). Now to really help the poster, buying the 701 is better than buying nokia C7 and buying N8 is better than buying N7. Now to compare 701 to N8 is really tedious cos of the pros and cons of each of these devices. Comparing the camera and multimedia as a whole the N8 is a winner: N8 vs 701; 12mp vs 8mp. HDMI VS AV-out. In simple language its the best for a multimedia person. Now to the processor, RAM and general speed and flexibility of a device, the 701 is awesome: 701 vs N8; 1.3GHz(after FP1 Update) vs 680mHz i.e in simple language the 701 is more than 90% faster than the N8. RAM: 512 MB vs 256 MB. The 701 has 2x more RAM, More RAM means better multitasking. Now to the screen, n8 has amoled which is good for multimedia, deep black for nice picture display and videos( thats no suprise), the 701 as TFT-LCD which is better for browsing( yes, I said that. A simple google search will prove me right). Apart from the 808 pureview, these are the best symbian devices available. If you are not a camera freak I'll advice you get the 701.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by sniperwolf(m): 12:10pm On Aug 12, 2012
I really hate this argument between N8 and 701. The poster did not mention either of the phones. I own N8 and my cousin owns 701. I can tell that the only advantage (for an ordinary man) the 701 has over the N8 is the price.
Just like no 2 clock can have the same time, it may be applicable to colours.
The N8 runs smoothly, the N8 can run the same number of applications the 701 can run the same time. Maybe you should ask yourself how many applications do I need at the same time? At most 5.
N8 enjoys a powerful 12 MP and bigger memory.
How many smart device supports NFC? Not so many, so it's too early to be important
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 12:38pm On Aug 12, 2012
4peace: i pray to God this morning for you guys temmy & jedisco to get awof money and move on to another platform OS

Make una leave us nokia user alone we are tired of augument everytime symbian is mention on this forum.
lol. I never wanted to reply any arguement o. Was trying to give a detailed explanation to the OP, decided to reply uncle Jedisco when his 2nd post was hillarious. I dont have a 701 as a 2nd phone no more anyway, got an HTC Desire S. Not the best android device but at least it is another platform right smiley
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 12:49pm On Aug 12, 2012
Damon03: First of all, there is nokia N7, the poster may mean N8 (cos its more popular) but there is N7(a simple google search will do justice to my claim)

lol. Bro there is no nokia device with the model N7 yet o. The only site with that error was "letsgomobile" and failed to provide a picture for the said phone. Please dont get it twisted . "No N7" yet or at least that i know of. Please provide links if u are sure bro.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 1:09pm On Aug 12, 2012
Please guys dont get me wrong, when i argue on any technology in the forum, it is just to share ideas together & probably gain more, if u do check my posts out so well on Nokia threads, i always say,Apart from flagship devices, Every nokia device is built for a specific purpose... Multimedia creation, multimedia consumption etc . I dont work with Nokia so there is nothing to gain from me winning or losing an arguement! That's childish. i like guys who knows their stuffs, sharing ideas with them are always great. Be it arguement or whatever. Thats just me though smiley smiley
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:15am On Aug 13, 2012
@temmy
I think I'm done with this and it makes no sense repeating stuff over and over again.

1. FYI I've used an AMOLED device before (N86) which I regretted ever buying. And for the screen, that of 701 is much better. After using this phone, and trying out a friends C7 which was unconvincing with Anna, I decided to move to android. But later changed when 701 was out with belle.

And like I've always said, I prefer the screen of 701 to C7. Any advantage oled has over TFT is overtaken by the presence of CBD, a bright screen and much longer battery life while using it on bright pages- a very good feature for me since I do alot of browsing on my phone.

Moreover, I don't know where you got that trash from that I have to use every symbian device to have an opinion of them. You should remember that symbian has little or no fragmentation. I can give you a detailed explanation of any S^3 device without even using it

2. I'm still looking for where the op mentioned N8. Please show me when you see it.
Build- plastic is mainly used on the curved edges while the back is mainly steel and the front mainly the screen. Now compare this to the punched out ugly design on N8.
If you want to list every hardware feature, I have no problem with that but how did you forget these: smaller more beautiful design, lighter, double ram, bright CBD screen, double processor speed, better GPU, NFC, hardware hang up and call keys, dual led flash which can be used as a torch, 600mb memory on C:, much better battery backup, better upgradeability.

3. Unless you are trying to cover facts, its no secret that the drive C: which is 256mb (with about 120mb free) on N8 is grossly inadequate and can't be increased. Now compare that with over 600mb (over 400 free) on 701.
The whole net is littered with requests of N8 users asking how to increase their C: memory.

And please don't come up with any trash of not installing multiple apps on C which is exactly what I do. Mind you I have about 110mb left on C: can't imagine what it would have been on N8.
Maybe you should look at this link and find out how so hard it is for n8 users to free out just 45mb (and please don't say use the hacked version cos it still uses 20mb not everybody is interested in that)
http://mynokiablog.com/2012/06/19/update-for-nokia-n8-microsoft-apps-v2-01-at-nokia-suite/

4. Upgradeability- you must be joking right? Its just like a galaxy s user porting jb over and expecting thesame experience as that on SIII (when released). I've never used a cfw on my phone as it just makes it unstable. The only time I tried, I regretted it and had to reflash it with the original firmware.
Moreover, how many people even bother to hack their phones talkless of downloading very large files just to flash it?
So your attempt concerning leaked fp1 does not count for me.

TV out- yes I don't use it but its still got it. (Although its not HDMI)
http://m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWeOBADcs4p0&v=WeOBADcs4p0&gl=NG

It Seems as though you don't want to read this review and the comments

I always give links so you would see I'm not making stories up but backing them with facts.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:17am On Aug 13, 2012
temmy.m3:
Jedisco, The picture above is a 701 (above) and N8 (below)displaying the same content with both set at maximum brightness, The 1st pic is a Disney walt cartoon (video) and d 2nd was a random picture from Belle presets, can u spot the differences in screen colour accuracy and contrast ratio between both? which will u prefer Dont forget dsame screen run your games o.
Having a smartphone aint just about... EH! I HAVE THE BIGGEST RAM AND THE FASTEST CPU + The Brightest smartphone eva produced .. Seriously if i should use that as my main reason of choosing a device, then am gonna keep changing phones every week. There are other main things you enjoy when u own a device apart from basic smartphone stuff, like how much contents is the in-built memory willin to contain, how good is the production ( Camera & Video) and cosumption as well ( Amoled or TFT), i do love getting the best out of gadget i own. Take for example FM TRANSMITTER, i noticed i get good transmission with the N8 in d car when i place the aluminium casing on any metal surface like the rear speakers? Also recording videos, there is another mic placed just below the loudspeaker to allow a professional recording of videos in stereo mode and voice cancelation. I also made a snapshot of a spinning standing fan on our previous thread to show how far an N8 camera could go, no matter how fast the object is. The phone has replaced my room's DVD player cos i plug my flashdrive via OTG Cable then connect to TV via HDMI and i enjoy a perfect picture quality + a good dolby sorround sound, i hav even uploaded my gaming moments on TV with the phone if u still remember. I v even made my own versions of Belle for N8. What more do i really want for a phone? Tell me, if i should hav 701 as my main device, will i really enjoy 50% of all this. Why should i go stand inside the sun cos i wanna feel the power of clearblack in sunlight? Or go for the sexiest phone (like a candy, as u always quote.lol) when i knew d plastic casin is really gonna start getting old before a year?
We all have our different reasons for choosing devices anyway smiley but as i v always said, all recent Nokia devices have their specific purposes, at least to me and consodering the lil' experiences i had with them
N8- Multimedia production
X7-Multimedia consumption
E7-Keyboard satisfaction
701-screen Brightness
808- The mother of them all, for now
It s your choice, but choose wisely!

You don't need to post any picture (which is hardly authentic considering your bias) when there are loads of them online. I even provided a link.
Not all games man or have you forgotten about the 1GB tintin.

I take important things into perspective when making a decision and hardware which I'm never going to use is never an option.
Take for example the fm radio which I hardly use now compare this to the very bright dual led flash which I use as a torch multiple times every single day. So if you ask me to forfeit one, it would definitely be the radio.

Same goes to the smoothness of the device. The iphone is the most successful device today mainly because its smooth, fast and easy to use.
N8 may have a good camera but that is only noticed when taking pics (which it lags heavily at) compare that to the processors of 701 which is evident in every single activity.
Take a look at a quote from allaboutsymbian
'Whereas the N8 will be picked for its
camera, the 701 is a monster by Symbian
standards. To put it into perspective, the clunky
WRT-based Nokia Social loads from scratch in 3
seconds, Web loads in one second and All About Symbian loads in under ten seconds (c.f. 18
seconds on the N8). Effectively, everything on the
701 is almost twice as fast. Moving around the UI,
you get the feeling that if you could turn theme
effects off (you can't!) then everything would just
be 'instant'.

FYI the TV out on 701 can be used for that stuff (I attached the link above)

So if its down to the excellent camera and slow phone on N8 or good camera and fast phone on 701, my choice will be 701.

I can do without most of the hardware features on 701 But one thing I can't do is using a 256mb ram and 687MHz phone in 2012.

Forget all this trash about phones meant for different purposes that helped in killing Nokia. Even Nokia has stopped that and now release COMPLETE PHONES that that reflect their price range (not niche stuff).

In summary, the only symbian phones worth the money spent on buying them and which I can use my money to buy are 701 and 808.

1 Like

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2012
4peace: i pray to God this morning for you guys temmy & jedisco to get awof money and move on to another platform OS

The only other platform I'm willing to buy now is windows phone which is still awaiting wp8 and not fully available locally.

Android is too similar to symbian and the only advantage I see are the currently released HD games.

iphone is overpriced but lovely. I once had an apple device and I loved it but I feel like its a rip off for its price.

Seriously considering it cos of the data plans but its still quite limited in functionality for now.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:23am On Aug 13, 2012

Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:33am On Aug 13, 2012
sniperwolf: I really hate this argument between N8 and 701. The poster did not mention either of the phones. I own N8 and my cousin owns 701. I can tell that the only advantage (for an ordinary man) the 701 has over the N8 is the price.
The N8 runs smoothly, the N8 can run the same number of applications the 701 can run the same time. Maybe you should ask yourself how many applications do I need at the same time? At most 5.
How many smart device supports NFC? Not so many, so it's too early to be important

Man open your eyes to the beautiful horizon out there.
Go back and read my reply to temmy and see the things I listed.

I used to think 7010 was fast enough until it got the fp1 update which increased the processor speed from 1 to 1.3GHz. The first and most important feature I noticed was that it was so much smoother and faster. It got me asking myself so this is what just 300MHz can do.

And please never mention it anywhere again that a 256mb ram and 687MHz symbian device runs smoothly. Even out of the box, its laggy.

The best independent review you can get on symbian fp1 on 808 is that its UI can compete with other current OSes although it still has some glitches in performance here and there.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by jedisco(m): 11:34am On Aug 13, 2012
sniperwolf: I really hate this argument between N8 and 701. The poster did not mention either of the phones. I own N8 and my cousin owns 701. I can tell that the only advantage (for an ordinary man) the 701 has over the N8 is the price.

Man open your eyes to the beautiful horizon out there.
Go back and read my reply to temmy and see the things I listed.

I used to think 7010 was fast enough until it got the fp1 update which increased the processor speed from 1 to 1.3GHz. The first and most important feature I noticed was that it was so much smoother and faster. It got me asking myself so this is what just 300MHz can do.

And please never mention it anywhere again that a 256mb ram and 687MHz symbian device runs smoothly. Even out of the box, it can't be described as smooth.

The best independent review you can get on symbian fp1 on 808 is that its UI can compete with other current OSes although it still has some glitches in performance here and there.
Re: Nokia C7, E7 And N7 Which One Is The Best. by temmym4(m): 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2012
@JEDISCO
hmmm, dunno what you really gain from repeatin yourself almost at every post. I Think i what i was explainin in detail concerning those 3 phones the poster requested, just because i mentioned Amoled's uniqueness to a TFT, u got upset, starting a fresh competition between N8 & 701. Can u give me one reason why this kinda arguement really needs to resurface? Nah Wah o!
U dont have to get yourself worked up man, ur latest posts really was more funnier than the first & here i could see u dont seem to understand some stuffs too. Don't worry i ll explain,

* dunno abt N86 & U have your reasons for regretting ever Using it, but surely it's not because of the screen so don't blame ur loss over an innocent screen.lol. Anyone has his/her choice of moving from different phones so ur moving from android, c7, 701, whateva is ur choice & none of my biz grin

*"ANY ADVANTAGE OLED has over TFT is taken care of by CBD lol. Are u kidding? Or u dont know what ClearBlack Display means? surely ur friend never has any C7 as u claimed.. That is why u dont know the visual difference between TFT & OLed. grin

* Dont get me wrong when i said u need to Test out some phones in order to know how far they could go. U can't judge how much u know a gadget with just reading blogs & Theories online without some real practical aspects. thats why u dont know the differences between screens & claiming CBD takes care of TFT's flaws grin

*The User Mentioned C7,E7 & N7 right? Tell me, what is N7 any smart individual should know what the user meant by N7.. Dnt cover it up bro, or hav u forgotten what u posted above at first? check it out...

jedisco:
I don't know any phone called N7 but I think you're referring to N8.

*I dunno why u keep sayin N8 is ugly. if it looks that bad, then why do people keeps buying it without hiddin their ugly device in public.just because u dont fancy the design, does it really mean others don't? this is really senseless. haba grin

*Bro, Seems u dont really understand this Memory thin isuue. Let me try & Explain.
C: & E: are both phone memory, just a partition. 701 has 8gb on board memory, this 8gb is partitioned/Divided into 4 drives, C: (UDA) D: (RAM/Data management) E: (Mass Memory) ( Z: (ROFS/Flash Memory) . each of these drive partitions shares the same 8GB on the circuit board, C: & E: are the 2 user available storage partition, On 701, C: has 400mb disk space & E: has 6.3GB... while N8 has 250mb & 14.7GB on C: & E: respectively. Now use ur intelligence, Why should an N8 user who has 14.7GB space on E: worry about 250MB on C:? Unlike u, a 701 user who isnt so Happy using up ur 6.3GB and decided to impose anger on C: memory grin.
And again, only a Novice asks how to increase a C: memory, If u have really used a CFW, then u should know ALL NOKIA PREINSTALLED APPS GOES TO "C:" That is why u normally have almost half of the C: memory used up. This is why A new N8 originally has 125Mb free of 250mb memory on C: .. This only applies to Original Nokia firmwares cos on Custom Firmwares, U have about 210MB+ free space on N8 cos all preinstalled apps like (Maps, Social etc) have been moved to Z: which leaves more space on C:.. about 210+ Mb or more free space ! I believe CFW users can testify to that (CFW users where una dey, come testify o abeg.
I have nothing really on C: except for my antivirus, i only decided to put the leaked Nokia maps suite of 808 (about 53MB) on my C: so it wont just be useless, that drops my C: to 147MB from previous 201MB free (I ll gladly provide u screenshots if u want one ). This post really shows how much u really know nothing about CFWs as well as Memory divisions, at least now that u know why N8 default C: is 125Mb & How to get it up to 210MB, u can go reply those answering questions regarding how to increase their C: grin

UPGRADEABILITY.. As a matter of fact uncle, i dont joke, i cant remember the last time I used an Original firmware from Nokia except when i just wanna see its changelogs. Anna, Belle, Belle Fp1.. it has always been appearing on Navifirm, Google that if u dont know what it means. Spend 1 week with a cool CFW & tell me if u wanna go back to the original. I cant believe u, of all people could say CFW are unstable, with your rate of reading blogs.lol. this is why i say, Try Some Practical aspects of this stuffs beore u argue. there are so many makers of CFW, these guys makes this stuffs just for their own taste, u might use it & dislike it and say Hey! It is unstable, but why not make one urself to suit ur taste (at least a lil bit of software programmin and codin could help). U dont Use a CFW & u wanna compete with Android users.. Interesting smiley

*Now how does the picture looks Fake? Or is that not an N8 & your so called 701 screen with its maximum brightness abi u tie cloth for face? grin .. Which is more convincing? The comments people wrote on a blog or the Picture taken to indicate what is on discussion? Dont't fight it bro, u sound funnier when trying to argue with the picture. lol. not your first time though, i remember our discussion previously when i pasted A pic concernin N8 camera and Spiinin Fans and u refused to believe, not until some users testified with their own screenshots...so am not surprised. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Audio Media Player For Android / Playstation 1 Emulator For Symbian / Mtn Bis Works On Android.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.