Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,815 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 PM

What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? (15775 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Pastor In Terms Of Message Delivering? / What Is Your Favourite Bible Verse. / Your Favourite Bible Verse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:40am On Aug 06, 2012
francis247: "And I say onto you, make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; so that when we fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitation". LUKE 16:9
i still try to understand that verse. Who gat the rhyma of that verse? And one dt said "the children of the world seems to be wise than the children of light
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by anonimi: 7:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Jeremiah 9: 23-24

23 Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise [size=13pt]lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness,[/size] in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by patrick45(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2012
Joshua 1:8,
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by dober(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strenghth;they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Barayeks(m): 8:05am On Aug 06, 2012
God hasn't finished with me yet.... Dunno where in d bible tho
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by oluseg2: 8:16am On Aug 06, 2012
I will have mercy on whoever I chose to have mercy on.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Emmyk(m): 8:20am On Aug 06, 2012
I shall tread on lion and scorpion and nothing will hurt me...
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Akintoso: 8:40am On Aug 06, 2012
He that beliveth in the Son (JESUS) has life and he that does not belive in the Son has not life and the anger of GOD abideth upon him. John 3: 36
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by belovedbabs(m): 9:01am On Aug 06, 2012
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] ROMANS:8 vs 15 'for yea have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but yea have received THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION WHEREBY WE CRY ABBA FATHER FOR THE SPIRIT ITSELF BEARETH WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT THAT /WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF GOD/.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Enigma(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2012
^^^ That is a fabulous one and I follow it with the last two verses of the same chapter

Romans 8:38-39
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by sniperwolf(m): 9:18am On Aug 06, 2012
Psalm 5 and Psalm 24
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2012
PSALM 91:1-5... smiley smiley
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Kinterez(m): 9:46am On Aug 06, 2012
Mine is..Eph 3:20b...God wil do more than superabundantly beyond al d things we ask or thought of..
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by jovie50: 9:50am On Aug 06, 2012
Proverb 10:22
"THE BLESSINGS OF THE LORD, MAKETH ONE RICH AND ADDS NO SORROWS WITH IT"
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Ozichim(m): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2012
Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

Other relegions should note this quotation!
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by iheanyi4u(m): 10:05am On Aug 06, 2012
2cor 4:13
"We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;"
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by davidzfarm(m): 10:13am On Aug 06, 2012
ISH 60:1 ARISE, SHINE FOR YOUR LIGHT HAS COME
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by SacharlesEgwu: 10:18am On Aug 06, 2012
1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 10:41am On Aug 06, 2012
I love the entire Bible!!!
Matthew Chapter 5 through Chapter 7 for me though is the Ultimate Guide to successfully lead and live a christian Life.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by hamjaf: 10:44am On Aug 06, 2012
Matthew 22:14 "For many are invited, but few are chosen"
Proverb 23:18 "For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall not be cut off"
Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert"

WONDERFULL SCRIPTURES
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2012
Proverbs 15 Vs 2 :... " The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of the fools poureth out foolishness."
I particularly love the Yoruba translation of this which is.... "Enu ologbon a maa yara si ipa ogbon: SUGBON ENU ASIWERE A MAA GUFEE WERE."
Bishop Samuel Ajayi Crowther sure did a great job translating the Bible from English to Yoruba.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 10:52am On Aug 06, 2012
Jeremiah 10 Vs 23.... " O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps."
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 06, 2012
Ps 114 ; When Isreal went out from Egypt, the house of Jacob from a people of strange languages.....
3; the sea looked and fled, Jordan turned back.
4; The mountains skipped like rams, the hills like lambs
5; What ails you, O sea, that you flee? O jordan, that you turn your back?......
7; Tremble, O earth, at the presence of the Lord, at the presence of the God of Jacob....

Nothing scares me with these words running in my head.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 10:57am On Aug 06, 2012
John 3 Vs 16..... " For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life."
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by admajorem: 11:00am On Aug 06, 2012
John 1:14 Which teads- And The Word was made flesh and dwelt among us. So perful dat its d summery of my life.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 11:05am On Aug 06, 2012
John 16 Vs 1 through 4......1) " These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended."
2) "THEY SHALL PUT YOU OUT OF THE SYNAGOGUES: YEA, THE TIME COMETH, THAT WHOSEVER KILLETH YOU WILL THINKETH THAT HE DOETH GOD SERVICE."
3) "And these things will they do unto you, because thay have not known the father or me."................
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 11:09am On Aug 06, 2012
John 20Vs 31.... "For these are written, that ye may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through His Name."
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by nitlad: 11:14am On Aug 06, 2012
Matthew Chapter 5 to the end of Chapter 7;
The Gospels;
The Epistles of Apostle Paul;
The book of Revelation;
The whole Psalms ( Chapter 1 - 150);
The book of Proverbs;
And the ENTIRE BIBLE!!!
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Moralistli(m): 11:16am On Aug 06, 2012
Psalm 118:17
I shall not die, but live and declare/proclaim the good deeds of the lord.

Romans 10;10
With the heart a man believe unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Hebrews 4:12
Indeed, the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edge sword, piercing until it divides soul from spirits, joints from marrow, it is able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by deathmen12: 11:28am On Aug 06, 2012
1 Samuel 2 vs 6: The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by Audukaya: 12:00pm On Aug 06, 2012
Mine is"jesus wept".
Re: What's Your Favourite Bible Scripture Verse? by efe22(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2012
These are a few of thousands
Ecclesiates 12:13 - 14, fear God and keep His commandments. For this is the whole duty of man.
John 5:28-29, Matthew 8:17.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Bible Character Will You Want To Spend A Day With / The Day That Heaven, Earth, And Hell Stood Still / Atheists Who Believe In Reincarnation , Spirits , Voodoo Share Their Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.