Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,412 members, 7,808,465 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts (9192 Views)

Dear PMB, Fighting Corruption Is Not A Fiscal Responsibility, By Tony Osborg / CCT Chairman, Danladi Umar Sued Over Money Laundering, Bribery / Kano Tops 2012-2013 Fiscal Responsibility List In Budget Discipline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

You're very much busy? Isn't that what you're paid to do?

Anyway, it's so obvious that you, or any of your ilk, have nothing sensible to say on this topic.

All of you have only behaved true to type - quick to dish out insults but extremely slow to make sense. This is very sad for those that are being paid from our commonwealth and who really have no other job other than to serve as attack dogs. Or shouldn't dogs even be expected to have some 'dog sense'?
Dude, the point is, you and your likes should not in any position get the attention of logical minds and articulated fellow like us. You suddenly seem to be an amok because i told you i was busy. Oh i'm sorry, if getting down on this topic will put a smile of your face, BRING IT ON!!!

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:42pm On Aug 02, 2012
Beaf:

Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

...Again: Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Sack awaits you, if this is how you will be doing the job. In fact, return the laptop so that we'll know that we're 39. You dey spoil market
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by olivertwist: 6:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
Reporter: How do you react to this allegation your excellency?

GEJ: Me no give a damn man. Me and Patience are enjoying ourselves in the caribbeans man. High rate man. Dem lawyers are bombomclat man grin grin grin

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, the point is, you and your likes should not in any position get the attention of logical minds and articulated fellow like us. You suddenly seem to be an amok because i told you i was busy. Oh i'm sorry, if getting down on this topic will put a smile of your face, BRING IT ON!!!
E be like say market bad for you today o!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

Why not now? You need to engage the services of someone much brighter?

The 'best' and 'brightest' of them have only ended up given the dullest and dumbest of answers.

D-Explorer:

Are you dying of some attention?

Hope it's now clear to you that you have been vanquished on this thread. Unfortunately, there is no one else to come your aid. The biggest masquerade in the House of Deception has appeared but alas, he has only been entertaining us with clowning and jesting.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by muktarmtt(m): 6:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
@ planmaker I feel u o! At least sm ppl ataking it seriously nd take action not jst make mouth 4 nairaland.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 6:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by phildon: 6:50pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Are you dying of some attention?
Return your laptop, you no dey work
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 6:52pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

The 'best' and 'brightest' of them have only ended up given the dullest and dumbest of answers.

Hope it's now clear to you that you have been vanquished on this thread. Unfortunately, there is no one else to come your aid. The biggest masquerade in the House of Deception has appeared but alas, he has only been entertaining us with clowning and jesting.
Stop this hullabaloo and dish out your ignorance dude.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by emsquare(m): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2012
ifihearam: Jobless charge and bail lawyers. Mtchewww. Eedddiioootsss

Cheap publicity dem they find...
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Beaf: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pipo! Pipo!! My pipo!!!
Please, don't be so red-eyed and desperate. When a matter is in court, you let legal experts deal with it, not open up your gobs for Dugbe market style Iya akara discussion.

Imagine a group of yellow-eyed, k-legged, pot-bellied, hairy old NURTW style runts recklessly drinking sepe at an alagbado spot in Owonrosoki, while discussing "legal" matters they are barely litterate enough to read!

Choi! Broda Okon! World done hend!
Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!! grin grin grin

All is allowed under bad belle and desperation sha! Lolzz!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by SSaemoenl(m): 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2012
embarassed tongue undecided
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Kai! shocked shocked What's the meaning of 'seem to be an amok'? This is serious! ..."Articulated fellow' like us!

What a logical mind and articulated fellow!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Gbawe: 7:02pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

Kai! shocked shocked What's the meaning of 'seem to be an amok'? This is serious! ..."Articulated fellow' like us!

grin grin grin grin grin "seem to be an amok" and "articulated" like a lorry. Agberos pretending to be Soyinka or Achebe will always come unstuck horribly grin grin grin grin I dey Laff !!!!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

It's glaring you now lack objectivity and your only means of escape is for you to derail the thread from the matter on ground to word break-down. I'm game in regards and you know that. So you'd better not adopt that measure as a way of justifying your shallow-mindedness.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pataki: 7:15pm On Aug 02, 2012
Pukkah:

Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin grin "seem to be an amok" and "articulated" like a lorry. Agberos pretending to be Soyinka or Achebe will always come unstuck horribly grin grin grin grin I dey Laff !!!!

Una go kill person for this forum. cheesy Abeg make I go drink my Otuoke cassava juice jare for my bathroom!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 7:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gbawe:

Welcome dude, the more the low-lives and lunkheads the merrier it gets.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Gbawe:

grin grin
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Anaskie(m): 7:23pm On Aug 02, 2012
Its a welcome development. However, i fear that the case may be struck out because of the lack of locus standi on the part of the lawyers. Before one can seek remedies, it has to be shown that he has suffered a detriment. In this case, the lawyers need to prove that the inefficiency on the part of the President has made them to suffer a loss. However, like i earlier said, thumbs up to them.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pataki: 7:24pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Welcome dude, the more the low-lives and lunkheads the merrier it gets.

James 'D-Explorer' Achebe. How market?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 7:29pm On Aug 02, 2012
Beaf: Pipo! Pipo!! My pipo!!!
Please, don't be so red-eyed and desperate. When a matter is in court, you let legal experts deal with it, not open up your gobs for Dugbe market style Iya akara discussion.

Imagine a group of yellow-eyed, k-legged, pot-bellied, hairy old NURTW style runts recklessly drinking sepe at an alagbado spot in Owonrosoki, while discussing "legal" matters they are barely litterate enough to read!

Choi! Broda Okon! World done hend!
Kpuho! Kpuho!! Kpuho!!! grin grin grin

All is allowed under bad belle and desperation sha! Lolzz!

You mean posters have to wait until the Supreme court rules on this before posters can comment and discuss??

Perhaps that is why Americans are waiting until the 'fiscal cliff' event occurs before discussing the constitutionally allowed debt ceiling.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Beaf: 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
See how winshes are derailling their own thread with vigour!

All hail Pataki! All hail ACN!! All hail NURTW!!! grin grin grin
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by wirinet(m): 7:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
fankasibe: Trully dis lawyers av got their rights to sue GEJ but he should be respected as president.

The lawyers should be learned to know that GEJ has immunity and so cannot be sued.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Katsumoto: 7:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

It's glaring you now lack objectivity and your only means of escape is for you to derail the thread from the matter on ground to word break-down. I'm game in regards and you know that. So you'd better not adopt that measure as a way of justifying your shallow-mindedness.

You accuse him of what you are guilty of. You didn't have the time to respond to the topic but you found time to get personal.

What is your opinion about the topic? How should the president respond to the issue of fiscal responsibility?
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 7:38pm On Aug 02, 2012
Beaf: Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Hail Pataki ke? Oh he's an ACN addict like Gbawe LOL. He doesn't deserve my attention. They sponsored a thread they can't handle. Bunch of clowns

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Beaf: 7:39pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

You mean posters have to wait until the Supreme court rules on this before posters can comment and discuss??

Perhaps that is why Americans are waiting until the 'fiscal cliff' event occurs before discussing the constitutionally allowed debt ceiling.

I don't see much of an informed discussion in the first few posts. It was all a rather primitive dig in, like occurs most times on NL these days.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by aletheia(m): 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Two pages of heat without light. Sadly no one so far on this thread has bothered verifying if indeed if the Federal Government is in breach of the Fiscal Responsibility Act before taking up their various predetermined positions. For some anything anti-GEJ is welcome whether true or not, and for others anything anti-GEJ is anathema whether justified or not. This makes for the kind of thread we 've seen here so far.

Apropos, it would appear the lawyers hinge their arguments on this portion of the Act:
42. Limits on consolidated debt of federal, State and Local Governments
1) The President shall within 90 days from the commencement of this Act and with
advise from the Minister of Finance subject to approval of National Assembly, set
overall limits for the amounts of consolidated debt of the federal, State Governments
pursuant to the provisions of items 7 and 50 of Part I of the Second Schedule of the
constitution and the limits and conditions approved by the National Assembly, shall
be consistent with the rules set in this Act and with the fiscal policy objectives in the
Medium term fiscal Framework.

2) Outstanding judgement debts not paid shall be considered part of the
consolidated debts for the purpose of application of the respective limits set in
pursuance of this section.
3) For the purpose of verifying compliance with the limits specified pursuant to this
section, the Commission shall at the end of each quarter, determine the amount of
the Consolidated debt of each tier of government.
4) The Commission shall publish, on a quarterly basis, a list of the Governments in
the federation that have exceeded the limits of consolidated debt, indicating the
amount by which the limit was exceeded.
5) Where at the end of any quarter, the consolidated debt of the Federal, State or
Local Government exceeds the respective limits, it shall be brought within the limit,
not later than the end of the three subsequent quarters with a minimum of 25 per
cent reduction in the first quarter.
6) Violators of the limits specified pursuant to this section shall:
a. Be prohibited from borrowing from internal or external sources, except for
the refinancing of existing debts; and
b. Bring the debt within the established limited by restricting funding
commitments accordingly.
7) Where non-compliance with the limit specified pursuant to this section persist
after the time limited by subsection (5) of this section, the affected tier of
Government shall also be prohibited from receiving grants from any other
Government in the Federation.
cool Whenever the fundamentals of the proposals referred to in this section are
changed due to economic instability or change in monetary or exchange policies, the
President shall submit to the National Assembly a request for a review of the current
limits.

Of interest is the part that states "the limits and conditions approved by the National Assembly, shall be consistent with the rules set in this Act and with the fiscal policy objectives in the Medium term fiscal Framework."

Part II of the Act which describes the Medium term fiscal Framework states:
12. Aggregate expenditure ceiling
The estimates of:
1. Aggregate expenditure and the aggregate amount appropriated by the
National Assembly for each financial year shall not be more than the
estimated aggregate revenue plus a deficit, not exceeding three per cent of
the estimated Gross Domestic Product or any sustainable percentage as may
be determined by the national Assembly for each financial year.

2. Aggregate expenditure for the financial tear may exceed the ceiling imposed
by the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, if in the opinion of the
president there is a clear and present threat to national security or
sovereignty of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Looking at this we see that there are loop-holes large enough to drive a lorry through in the Act. . .that it is doubtful if the lawyers can get anything in court.

Attached is a copy of the Act for those interested in reading for themselves.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pataki: 7:45pm On Aug 02, 2012
Beaf: Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Is President Retardeen oblivious of the Fiscal Responsibility Act?

Why is our President so scared of being prudent? Please attend to the topic at hand, and stop deviating to your usual foolishness and pettiness.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Htown64(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02, 2012
fankasibe: Trully dis lawyers av got their rights to sue GEJ but he should be respected as president.
Was the Italian president (Berlusconi) not sued? Wake up from your slumber abi na coma sef!
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Pukkah: 7:47pm On Aug 02, 2012
D-Explorer:

Yes oh! I know you are 'game in regards' oh!

You're only 'game' for me when it comes to thrashing, walloping, and vanquishing you for fun.
Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by DExplorer1: 7:48pm On Aug 02, 2012
Katsumoto:

You accuse him of what you are guilty of. You didn't have the time to respond to the topic but you found time to get personal.

What is your opinion about the topic? How should the president respond to the issue of fiscal responsibility?
Maybe you need to read my posts. I told PUKKAH to "BRING IT ON" if that will make him smile. Read up dude. He can't take on me, not pukkah. It's not once or twice. He will only varnish into the air because I'll always treat his ignorance anyday, anytime and the best he would do is to go the path of cheap accusations or play word break-down. LOL. I wonder if he got a pass in Eng.

Re: GEJ Sued Over Fiscal Responsibility Act, Rising Debts by Htown64(m): 7:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
[quote author=fankasibe]Trully dis lawyers av got their rights to sue GEJ but he should be respected as president.] Was the Italian president (Berlusconi) not sued? Wake up from your slumber abi na coma sef!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians Lament During The 2017 Xmas Holiday Due To Fuel Scarcity & More / Wike Withdraws Threat To Quit As PDP South-South Coordinator / Kibiyan Kabi Kebbi: Orji Kalu Face Of Nigeria's Unity - Haruna Ahmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.