Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,660 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim (9529 Views)

APC & PDP Senators Disagree Over 2016 Budget Implementation / Breaking:Defence Headquarters Retracts Statement On Rescue Of Chibok Girls / Okonjo-iweala- 100% Budget Implementation Not Possible By September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Demdem(m): 11:04am On Aug 01, 2012
HNosegbe: Hmmm... I'm really beginning to ask myself whether Aunty Ngozi really has a firm grasp on this job of hers. First she couldn't tell us exactly how much was spent as "subsidy" on petroleum last year; she suddenly made a curious bid for the World Bank presidency; now this.

Anyway, I'll wait for her to respond before making up my mind.

U have excellent memory. She was just misusing her mouth during the subsidy period. After those days, I never trusted her again.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by cutievik: 11:05am On Aug 01, 2012
I humbly wish to use this medium to reteraite here that Ngozi nd her cohorts knw exactly wat they are doing nd i wit unwavin faith belive strongly that it's for our own good,one important point we must all understand frm GEJ's administration is his firm stand on 'NO LONGER BUISNESS AS USUALLY' at least we all dis is d first tym dis informations are made public,because i see no sense in d extravagant releases of funds when at d end of it all nothing wud bi done.beta stil let's take lyf patiently and reap d benefit therein,we must stop dis our Now or Never metality if we must see realistic development.

3 Likes

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 11:07am On Aug 01, 2012
Pukkah: Isn't this embarrasing and insulting to Nigerians?
It's never an embarrasment! The most reliable source for informations like this stood to her ground about the 56% completion of the budget, here is the senate analysing documents in her absence. Are they the Minister of finance? The best option is not to spout fallacies to Nigerians but to wait on her return to defend these claims in the documents. People like you should be weary of false media hype. What's the fuss about this.

You Need To Read These! Why He Hasn't Proposed

After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

16 Regular Mistakes Singles Make in Relationships

25 Warning Signs of a Possible Break up in Your Relationship
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by ANYPEN(m): 11:07am On Aug 01, 2012
Who is loving us now, the minister or the senators? How can Ngozi be hiding our money & lying to us? Is that how to love? Release the money & let's know who we're gonna hold responsible next.

First it was house of Rep. Witch hunting the FG, now it is house of assembly. GEJ should simply be impeached, it is clear he doesn't have the minimum requirement to keep leading this country.

13% implementation is an abysmal result in the 8th month & this is clearly a reflection of of GEJ's person.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by hakanai(m): 11:09am On Aug 01, 2012
Well they said the reps had something or and agenda.Now the senate has even uncovered a more daring lie to the effect that after the reps put up the heat to the get the executive to implement the budget they did a quick fix by telling us another lie that the budget is at 50%.That mean going by the two incidence there is a huge lie meant to keep folks off the FGN.So much for just implementing what you signed for in your own drafted budget.
You can't imagine.Anyway,as much as i don't want to say the Reps and senate are 100% good.I just feel they are waking up from there slumber and checking the executive as they are suppose too!
The two arms need themselves to work efficiently and this is a good start.Not where they are buddies along political line and protect each other regardless of the leadership deeds.gradually we are getting there.For record another talk from Okonja may not solve this as she is hurting her own reputation if she keeps trying to blind the legislators or Nigerians for the FGN lapses.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by ANYPEN(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

It's never an embarrasment! The most reliable source for informations like this stood to her ground about the 56% completion of the budget, here is the senate analysing documents in her absence. Are they the Minister of finance? The best option is not to spout fallacies to Nigerians but to wait on her return to defend these claims in the documents. People like you should be weary of false media hype. What's the fuss about this.

Was the minister of state for finance not there? If he can't correct the senators' false claims on his boss (NOI) then there is a huge problem.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chrisosi: 11:19am On Aug 01, 2012
Ngozi, U can fool some people sometimes, but you can cant fool all the people all the time...... I just just dey laugh
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by adedayo07: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2012
Too much of familiarity brings contempt and failure. Our leaders are much familiar to those that are in their cabinet, as a result of this they find it difficult to succeed.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by dvee2: 11:33am On Aug 01, 2012
I f i am to choose between these legislooters and the Finance Minister,i will go for the later anyday. Believe me their interest in this is not the full budget implementation, their interest is the consituency allowance that will come with it. And we all know what will happen to the consituency allowance when released.
However,13 percent budget implementation by this time is woeful. but we need to hear NOI defence on this.

2 Likes

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by AjanleKoko: 11:35am On Aug 01, 2012
This Jonathan administration dey fall hand sha. Very hard to defend them
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by jmaine: 11:38am On Aug 01, 2012
No point screaming Iweala lied cos she didn't . . .
Here is a similar post i made in a sister thread

Iweala based her 56 % implementation conclusion on funds released so far and not on the entire budget before quipping that 100% implementation is not feasible anywhere in the world . . . .

In contrast, when the comparison is with what was utilized against the entire budget , then the position of the senate is also correct . . . .

The difference is in the parameters used to arrive at their various conclusion's . .

The Federal Executive Council (FEC) today (Wednesday July 25, 2012), confirmed that the implementation of the 2012 budget has reached 56% from 39% as at the end of May.

Briefing State House Correspondents at the end of the council meeting chaired by President Goodluck Jonathan, the minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala said that the 56% represents 324 billion naira of the 404 billion so far released.

www.nairaland.com/1000446/okonjo-iweala-100-budget-implementation-not

Both parties are correct in their own stead . . .simples . . .

Now let's move away from the " She lied part" cos she did not, and dwell on deeper issues like=== >

The need to speed up more release of funds for more projects . .

The need to actually see what the utilized funds were used for . . .

The rational of releasing more funds to the Legislooters for new constituency projects while we have thousands of abandoned projects littering every where . .e.t.c

3 Likes

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by gomentii(m): 11:44am On Aug 01, 2012
Na wao!!!drama @ d highest level,only in dis country. Without a revolution;d drama continues. Even d French revolution of 1789 dat was considered as d highest in History had less drama compared to d type of drama our government is displayin. My surprise is;whether we r truly in d 21st century compared to d 17th n 18th centuries when ppl were less educated n yet still stood up and fought...... Could it be dat education is a waste of time and resources
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

ANY-PEN :

Was the minister of state for finance not there? If he can't correct the senators' false claims on his boss (NOI) then there is a huge problem.

Dude, check the bolded and do remember that budget issue is a federal matter. Ngozi Okonjo-Iwaela is the Minister of Finance & Coordinating Min. for the Economy and ONLY her has the authority to defend documents alike and am sure Yerima been the Minister of State for Finance was there to clearify issues regarding disbursement and not 56% budget implementation.

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by doctokwus: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2012
Every adult nigerian must share a portion of the blame for allowing d country to av sunk so low.Never in d history of dis country(I hope not) have we bn visited wt such cluelessness,monumental corruption(yes it was very bad during Obasanjo's time,but dat record has bn annihilated by dis govt),deceit& a morally bankcrupt presidency.This is a president dat doesn't "give a damn",a president that literary handed over d reigns of governance to a minister,a president so openly intimidated by d credentials of some pple that he literary worships them.But above all,dis is a govt that has also taken deceit to another level,justwen some pple thought d deceit has peaked wt d oil subsidy lies,we are ever assaulted wt blatant lies frm top to bottom.So whenever anybody makes a comment,he/she shd ask himself/herself:'how did we sink so low that we av allowed dis bunch of grossly out of depth president,clueless in all sense of the word,to b allowed to lead us& choose pple that direct d affairs of our daily lives?'
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by dublinkmy6: 11:45am On Aug 01, 2012
I'm loving this administeration.
Suddenly (D Banj), our legislaTHIEVES have become soooooo concerned aHbout the masses. Heheee! Na Wao!!! Na the same Nigeria of since 1960 be this O ga o!
The only good and most important news in all this Gej vs NASS matter is that both parties are now checkmating themselves- something i've never witnessed all my life in Nigeria. Gej's administeration is definitely doing something right and different.
Carry go Gej!!!
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 11:46am On Aug 01, 2012
cutievik: I humbly wish to use this medium to reteraite here that Ngozi nd her cohorts knw exactly wat they are doing nd i wit unwavin faith belive strongly that it's for our own good,one important point we must all understand frm GEJ's administration is his firm stand on 'NO LONGER BUISNESS AS USUALLY' at least we all dis is d first tym dis informations are made public,because i see no sense in d extravagant releases of funds when at d end of it all nothing wud bi done.beta stil let's take lyf patiently and reap d benefit therein,we must stop dis our Now or Never metality if we must see realistic development.

A woeful attempt at objectivity. If as Finance Minister and "Coordinating" Minister of the Economy", you tell us that your government has implemented 56% of the budget, it should never be the case that your subordinates and other senior officials in the same government provide documents that completely rubbish that putting actual budget implementation at less than 15% a few days later!

At the very least, NOI doesn't have proper control of her ministry and the finances of Nigeria. We also note that something similar happened during the fuel subsidy probe.

Let's be factual here. This government is disjointed without clear leadership and focus. Even GEJ refers questions about the economy to Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and she is proving not to be in control.

This "He is our son and brother, let us protect him no matter what" mentality is going to kill this country if you people continue to speak and act like this.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by RURIE: 11:49am On Aug 01, 2012
This is great news! That the money has not been stolen, but has simply not been spent! Haba! That means it can be spent next year when the project plans are better in place. NASS simply need the budget implemented quick quick so they can share the contracts among themselves. Stop kidding yourselves!

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Elueme: 11:54am On Aug 01, 2012
The senate is much more reasonable in their argument than the lower thieves.. The deputy senate president from his speech is showing understanding hence calling for dialogue to reconcile various positions. The difficulty in making releases is anchored on the strict measures to avoid wrecklessness in budget execution . The verifications of claims and expenditure will only delay implementation but for a little while. However, this process will give us a better framework for the future. . We should only rant if there are overwhelming evidence that the executive arm are circumventing these funds.. We all love the country and want a smooth execution of the budget however, reasoning and understanding could solve a lot.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Elueme: 11:59am On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

A woeful attempt at objectivity. If as Finance Minister and "Coordinating" Minister of the Economy", you tell us that your government has implemented 56% of the budget, it should never be the case that your subordinates and other senior officials in the same government provide documents that completely rubbish that putting actual budget implementation at less than 15% a few days later!

At the very least, NOI doesn't have proper control of her ministry and the finances of Nigeria. We also note that something similar happened during the fuel subsidy probe.

Let's be factual here. This government is disjointed without clear leadership and focus. Even GEJ refers questions about the economy to Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and she is proving not to be in control.

This "He is our son and brother, let us protect him no matter what" mentality is going to kill this country if you people continue to speak and act like this.
My bro I ll be soft with you. I thought you should know what the 56% meant, probably you have been following previous threads on this budget.. The 56% are for projects implemented with the released money not the percentage of the entire budget
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2012
Elueme: The senate is much more reasonable in their argument than the lower thieves.. The deputy senate president from his speech is showing understanding hence calling for dialogue to reconcile various positions. The difficulty in making releases is anchored on the strict measures to avoid wrecklessness in budget execution . The verifications of claims and expenditure will only delay implementation but for a little while. However, this process will give us a better framework for the future. . We should only rant if there are overwhelming evidence that the executive arm are circumventing these funds.. We all love the country and want a smooth execution of the budget however, reasoning and understanding could solve a lot.

The same thing was said during Obasanjo's tenure with this same Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Oby Ezekwesili making noise about "Due Process".

Maybe countries that have over 90% budget implementation are governed by angels. Some people are trying to defend the indefensible!
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by AdeniyiA(m): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2012
a country making too much hype about 2020 is dilly-dallying on its first budget implementation.is d money not available?are they planning to misappropriate d unused funds? are they piling it up to prosecute their future ambitions? is high time we rose up to ask questions from these clueless and unempathic government . am sure they would have spent their N1bn food fund jamboree TO A CONSIDERABLE LEVEL, but the one that affect ordinary citizens is difficult for them to implement. mtcheeew
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Elueme: 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

The same thing was said during Obasanjo's tenure with this same Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala and Oby Ezekwesili making noise about "Due Process".

Maybe countries that have over 90% budget implementation are governed by angels. Some people are trying to defend the indefensible!
With all fairness will you say the duo you mentioned did not help our economy.. They gave the frame work which this administration is trying to consolidate on.. When a technocrat deals with politicians who are used to an old way of doing things it slows you back, making them look stupid... We should be discern full to read the handwriting.. Give her a free hand to operate and see what happens in few years.. On countries with 90% ( wch I doubt but I am aware that USA has got over 80% in d past) budget implementation, check out their profile and see if falsehood and corruption thrives so rampantly in those countries.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by logica(m): 12:12pm On Aug 01, 2012
jmaine: No point screaming Iweala lied cos she didn't . . .
Here is a similar post i made in a sister thread

Iweala based her 56 % implementation conclusion on funds released so far and not on the entire budget before quipping that 100% implementation is not feasible anywhere in the world . . . .

In contrast, when the comparison is with what was utilized against the entire budget , then the position of the senate is also correct . . . .

The difference is in the parameters used to arrive at their various conclusion's . .

www.nairaland.com/1000446/okonjo-iweala-100-budget-implementation-not

Both parties are correct in their own stead . . .simples . . .

Now let's move away from the " She lied part" cos she did not, and dwell on deeper issues like=== >

The need to speed up more release of funds for more projects . .

The need to actually see what the utilized funds were used for . . .

The rational of releasing more funds to the Legislooters for new constituency projects while we have thousands of abandoned projects littering every where . .e.t.c

Guy, there's something they call misrepresentation of facts and obfuscation. She tried to deflect from the poor budget implementation rate by using a figure that appears to be reasonable (56%). Even in your quote, you must have seen this:

confirmed that the implementation of the 2012 budget has reached 56% from 39% as at the end of May

This was the first line; then the addendum explaining:

the 56% represents 324 billion naira of the 404 billion so far released

Anybody well versed in the kind of deception attempted here knows most people will not even see the second part; they hear the first part and are satisfied.

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by ifihearam: 12:15pm On Aug 01, 2012
These senators abi legislooters shoulf just shut up jare,since when are they interested in the interest of nigeriansduring the slow pace of implementation during obj's governemnt did they complain??iofcourse not becaause it favoured them,now that ngozi has come to block their chop they are all crying wolf in a bid to gain support from nigerians to paint the presidency bad.
They are the cause of this slow or poor implementation in the first place,how do you expect 100% implementation of an appropriation bill that was passed in march or april of the fiscal year?? Is GEJ a magician
The best way out is for early approval by the house say january then we can have full reasons to fault the administartion if poorly implementation is carried out but at the moment I don't blame the executive.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DeepSight(m): 12:18pm On Aug 01, 2012
aribisala0: but no amount of detergent and scrubbing can change a pig to a goat.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by akin23(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
WE AT IT AGAIN THAT WHAT GEJ AND IS CRONIES ALWAYS SCORE 100% IS TELLING LIES TO NIGERIANS, I THINK OUR DEAR GEJ AND ANUTY OKONJO IS BUSY OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY LOOKING FOR FOREIGN INVESTOR WHILE THE MAIN CAPITAL PROJECT IS LEFT IN THE FALLOW LAND? ARE DEY LAUGH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WITH THIS TOLOTOLO ECONOMY THAT IS NOT TAKING US ANYWHERE. 56% BUDGET IMPLEMENTATION NOW 13% WE ALL CAN SEE BETTER NOW. GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by DExplorer1: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2012
maclatunji:

Dude, 90% budget implementation is possible and those countries aren't governed by angels but be aware that the same upper and lower chamber are part of the delay. It took them 3months to pass this bill and after disbursement each ministry MUST undergo due-process in the name of procurement which involves SEC and other federal agencies, that will runs between 2 - 3months plus and all these happened in THE SAME year that same budget MUST be implemented. Already 5 - 6months is gone, so how many months do we have left to implement the budget? Nigerians needs to understand the reasons budget implementation is often delayed and why the offenders are always the first to cry foul. Now, the executives are talking about 2013 budget in 2012 to avert the same fate in 2013 even as they continue 2012 budget implementation but Nigerians like you call it a means to loot. I believe one day GEJ will be vindicated.

2 Likes

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by maclatunji: 12:26pm On Aug 01, 2012
Elueme: My bro I ll be soft with you. I thought you should know what the 56% meant, probably you have been following previous threads on this budget.. The 56% are for projects implemented the released money not the percentage of the entire budget

In your "brilliance", you fail to realise that the budget is actually an Act of the National Assembly, a law in effect. It is not to be turned to the personal "pocket money" of any government official who determines what percentage of it is to be spent and then scores herself high on the percentage of the budget she spends. Do you guys think you are talking to children or nitwits?

Let me give you an analogy: Ngo is a brilliant student, she wrote English in WEC and this subject is to be written in 3 parts:

1. Objective (30%) 30 marks

2. Theory (40%) 40 marks

3. Oral English (30%) 30 marks.

After writing the 3 papers, Ngo scores the following.

1. Objective- 5marks

2. Theory- 5 marks

3. Oral - 18 marks.

Ngo keeps telling everybody that she passed Oral English with 18/30= 60% of the score in that paper. According to Ngo, this means her pronunciation and English is above average and no one should say she cannnot speak English.

It didn't take Eve a very average classmate of Ngo's much thinking to realise that with only 28% of the total score in three English papers, Ngo has failed English at WEC.

Sycophants, yes-men and apologists, tell us something else- Please!

1 Like

Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by TalkingBird: 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2012
Who do we believe here?
Which ever way, one thing is sure:
(Ecclesiastes 8:9) 9 this have I seen, and there was the applying of my heart to every work that has been done under the sun, [during] the time that man has dominated man to his injury.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by chucky234(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2012
dvee2:
I f i am to choose between these legislooters and the Finance Minister,i will go for the later anyday. Believe me their interest in this is not the full budget implementation, their interest is the consituency allowance that will come with it. And we all know what will happen to the consituency allowance when released.
However,13 percent budget implementation by this time is woeful. but we need to hear NOI defence on this.
Well you got it all wrong because Ngozi's minister of state was in attendance and would have defending NOI had the legislooters lied,that woman is incompetent with finance management simple.
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by Jambsupport(f): 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2012
D-Explorer:

Dude, 90% budget implementation is possible and those countries aren't governed by angels but be aware that the same upper and lower chamber are part of the delay. It took them 3months to pass this bill and after disbursement each ministry MUST undergo due-process in the name of procurement which involves SEC and other federal agencies, that will runs between 2 - 3months plus and all these happened in THE SAME year that same budget MUST be implemented. Already 5 - 6months is gone, so how many months do we have left to implement the budget? Nigerians needs to understand the reasons budget implementation is often delayed and why the offenders are always the first to cry foul. Now, the executives are talking about 2013 budget in 2012 to avert the same fate in 2013 even as they continue 2012 budget implementation but Nigerians like you call it a means to loot. I believe one day GEJ will be vindicated.
u made sense 4 1c buh dat wont change u frm Gej paid laptop guy he he he
Re: FG Retracts 56% Budget Implementation Claim by banki(m): 12:40pm On Aug 01, 2012
some months ago they started telling us of their achievements in the last 1year, they went on nta at about 11 till 2 in the afternoon when the real nigerians would either be at work or in school to talk about every minsters achievement, the cool part was that the international conference center was blocked due to security reasons and only selected people were allowed to watch the minsters conference.....they waste 2 weeks of our time lieing to us telling us about remarkable achievments that you and i cannot see, i remember that they gave us subsidy busess after we went to ojota, till today i never see the bus na only fo abuja i dey see am,so people died and protested, then they said the reason why they removed the subsidy was because the government was paying too much for subsidizing pms, we argued we asked them questions, they finaly agreed to probe and they turned into a comedy, were still asking questions we know that thier lieing but someday they would answer us,they cant provide security they cant provide roads, they cant tackle coruption they cant provide jobs they cant create wealth, they cant provide water what can they do?.......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ministry Of Foreign Affairs Website Hacked By Pakistanis / EFCC Arrests Francis Ayade Over Contract Scam / Bye-Election: Kwara PDP Accuses APC Of 'Importing Thugs'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.