Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice (1611 Views)

Look At What Girl I Have Being Chasing For 6 Months Sent Me / My Babe Is Pregnant And Am Unemployed; Should I Keep The Baby? / Can A Lady Be Pregnant And Still Ovulate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by TeeBaba2: 4:15pm On Dec 14, 2007
Hi; One of my close friend has asked for my advice on this matter; The Situation is him and fiancee has been together for over 8 years, since college been engaged for 2 years; both are now University graduates and have good jobs for over two years. They did their traditional wedding in Nigeria May 2007, and had fixed their wedding for May 2008 here in the US; Venue ; Wedding Gown Etc have been booked. His Fiancee recently discovered that she is two months pregnant. Now he needs advice on what to do; as this is unexpected and all plans for the wedding is at risk of being in jeoipardy; The girls parent are not yet aware but he has a good relationship with them and is afraid that this might jeopardise it also. I think he wants to keep the pregnancy; but not too sure about the fiancee. I have initially advised he to keep it and worst case scenario postpone the wedding; but i want other peoples opinion as i am not too sure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by omega25red(m): 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2007
Tell your friends to have a city hall wedding here because it seems like they are worried about having a child out of wed Lock and they can tell their parents that they are officially married and they can have the ceremony later. This should save face for everyone since they are here in the US and the parents are in naija i assume
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by CrazyMan(m): 8:19pm On Dec 15, 2007
Well since they want to get married there’s nothing to be worried about; I mean even if the get married, won’t they have children?

If they didn’t want children out of wedlock; why did they have un protected sex in the first place?

My advice is that they extend the date of their wedding; and begin to plan toward their unborn child
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by OyinboNo1(m): 8:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
two months is still quite early in pregnancy - they wouldn't normally announce it for another month anyway - maybe don't invest any more money in venues, etc, and keep still for a month?
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by Iyanlax: 10:06pm On Dec 15, 2007
I dont understand what the couple are fretting about. You said they done the traditional engagment in Naija this year am I mistaken by thinking they are already Husband and Wife in the laws of Nigeria? Please enlighten me if I have it wrong.

If the issue is the parents - Are they really going to consider terminating their first child on this basis? Haba cry I'm sure their folks would understand, they have been together for 8 years for goodness sake.

If the issue is the woman not wanting to walk down the aisle heavily pregnant, I understand, why dont they consider pushing the wedding forward?

But to even contemplate termination (imo) would be a grave mistake. Please ask them to consider their options wisley. Please I urge you.
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by AOYEGBESANYAHOOCOM(m): 10:34pm On Dec 15, 2007
If they are already married traditionally, wots the f cuking problem except that the woman would be heavily pregnant at the time of civil wedding. push the date forward. why hiding from parents. its a good news, why tinking of termination, why still calling each oder finance e
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by cita(f): 10:56pm On Dec 15, 2007
They should have thot about this before now,since they are getting
married why postpone the wedding,they should hurry up and get
the whole thing done be4 people go kno wetin them cook wey house
take burn.
Re: 2 Months Pregnant And 6 Months To Fixed Wedding Date? Advice by Jezzy(f): 6:49am On Dec 16, 2007
They should go ahead and get married.If she is 2 months in now,she'll be 8 months by May 2008 which leaves her a month before she puts to bed.If she is 'ashamed' of walking down the aisle with a big belly, they can bring the wedding forward or push it back till after she has had the baby.Do your best to discourage them from any thoughts of abortion as that would be foolish.The deed is done already,there is no undoing it.

(1) (Reply)

Refusal / Girls Tell The Truth: How Many Boyfriends Do You Have? / Is The Cliche "Time Heals" Really True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.