Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,254 members, 7,780,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:14 PM

Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. (29321 Views)

7 Sentences You Shouldn't Say To Your Boss - EVER / When Your Boss Is Younger Than You / When Your Boss Refuses To Pay Your Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by acidtalk: 6:31pm On Aug 01, 2012
Every man's greatest fear is the day he wakes up, gets prepared for work only to get to his office and realize he has no more job. Reason being his boss just FIRED him.

While employment comes with a process, Dismissal, Sack or Retrenchment also comes with its own process.

Every Employee gets a sign of him going to lose his job but the problem is most people tend to ignore those signs.

Below are some of the signs EVERY employee should take note and start preparing for another job before he is given a sack letter.

* Transfer - More often than not, most transfers made to other Department, Locations, or Regions are always not in the best interest of the employee.

While some transfers are made to carry out financial and management investigation of your present portfolio, others are done to make room for someone considered to be more professional and efficient than you to take over your present seat.

* Shift Of Duties - If without no genuine reason(s) your current duties are being withdrawn from you then I believe it is high time to watch out for the red flag as all doesn't seem to be okay.

* Seclusion - whenever your boss or colleague start secluding from important office discussions and decision making, there's is no other major sign you need to know that there is danger right ahead.

A situation where you no longer get office mail alerts of meetings, Conference, Trainings and Bonuses, there is something wary ahead.

* Withdrawal - While seclusion might down like withdrawal, it is always good to note that friends (colleagues) might come and give you feedback on the decisions made in those enclosed meetings, withdrawal on the other hand points to the fact that your ones nice boss is now easily irritated at you actions in the office and fellow colleagues who where once your very goon friends have all abandoned you as they are scared to lose the Bosses favour.

* Accumulated workload - when your Boss that's dumping pile upon pile of office work on your table and gives you impossible deadline to complete it, then you know your days in that office is numbered.

* Blaming you for other people's flaws - oh no! Don't think there's a miracle that will make your colleagues start accepting responsibility for their crims and flaws once the Boss put the blame on you.

* Long Over Due For Promotion - when you are left on one level over again and your former subordinates and colleagues all keep getting promoted, the sins are obvious.

* Compulsory Leave - Not everyone who is placed on a compulsory leave ends up having their portfolio back. Inshort most people end up never returning.

* Slash in Salary and Allowances - If for no specific reasons your salary and allowances are being slashed while your fellow colleagues weren't affected, you have a whole lot to be scared about.

Feel Free To Drop Your Own Signs To Look Out For To Know You Are About To Be Fired.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by acidtalk: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2012
More signs

* He Tell only you to come to the office on weekends and public holidays to complete a work uncompleted.
* You are made to work over time when others have gone home and yet don't get paid.

1 Like

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by acidtalk: 5:07am On Aug 02, 2012
Sharing the signs you noted before you got lay offed from your previous job will certainly help a whole deal.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by ezstino: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2012
this is like a revelation to me. just within one month, my colleague in d office got a transfer to another region and 50% slash from her salary for flimsy reasons. let me go and warm her immediately before it gets too late.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by acidtalk: 10:27am On Aug 02, 2012
ezstino: this is like a revelation to me. just within one month, my colleague in d office got a transfer to another region and 50% slash from her salary for flimsy reasons. let me go and warm her immediately before it gets too late.

Tell her 'acidtalk' said the earlier she starts networking to get a better job, the better for her.

A transfer is bad enough not to now compound it with a 50% deduction in her salary. The certainly what to frustrate her before giving her the white envelope.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by ifeware: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2012
i concur
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Emylexray(m): 11:32am On Aug 02, 2012
nice piece of info man!...all these signs you listed are warning signs to make the employee sit up. Sometimes bosses get irritated at one's work even though it is perfectly done. Just looking for a pin to pick.

1 Like

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Emylexray(m): 11:34am On Aug 02, 2012
ezstino: this is like a revelation to me. just within one month, my colleague in d office got a transfer to another region and 50% slash from her salary for flimsy reasons. let me go and warm her immediately before it gets too late.
the earlier, the better.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by miteolu(m): 11:35am On Aug 02, 2012
WHEN YOU CANT SATISFY YOUR BOSS ON LOVE ISSUES
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 02, 2012
My colleague in the office gets query letters anytime he comes late to work. Am really scared the dude might get sacked soon! SMH! undecided
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Dimples316(f): 11:43am On Aug 02, 2012
This is so true, it happened to me some time ago I saw some of the signs i.e being excluded from important mails and notices of meetings, being blamed for things that weren't my fault.

I read the handwriting on the wall, I was getting ready to bounce and making moves towards it but they struck before I could. grin

I think I sat on my butt for too long with what I knew, the next time I smell a rat I will be out of the door so fast the employer in question would be wondering what hit them.

3 Likes

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Sijo01(f): 11:46am On Aug 02, 2012
Indefinate suspension
compulsory sick leave
picking on any little mistake you made.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by obi123: 11:54am On Aug 02, 2012
i remember when i was the mgr of a gambling place in the UK, just to make my staff sit up , as soon as i arrive work,with the most serious face i will tell one of the staff to put up the vacancy sign at the window and to go and make copies of the store application form and job description.
Then all through the day i will call them one by one into the office for nothing in particular, because i know when they get to the shop floor they will ask each other what it was about and when they say nothing really , they will think the person is hiding something unknowingly, there really is nothing.
And like a charm , the store will be immaculate , customer service will improve immediately. GOOD TIMES

10 Likes

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by megxo(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
obi123: i remember when i was the mgr of a gambling place in the UK, just to make my staff sit up , as soon as i arrive work,with the most serious face i will tell one of the staff to put up the vacancy sign at the window and to go and make copies of the store application form and job description.
Then all through the day i will call them one by one into the office for nothing in particular, because i know when they get to the shop floor they will ask each other what it was about and when they say nothing really , they will think the person is hiding something unknowingly, there really is nothing.
And like a charm , the store will be immaculate , customer service will improve immediately. GOOD TIMES
badt guyz strategy,,,,,,,, hope de dont get 2 find out
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by uncleb(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
He tells you something, and you hear a different story from someone else.... not been truthful with you.

Personal experinece
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by excondido(m): 12:01pm On Aug 02, 2012
when ur kpali is being called to question
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Clemzy16(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02, 2012
Are those listed above necessary these days before one get fired in Nigeria.. I DON'T THINK SO!
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by chyseth(m): 12:11pm On Aug 02, 2012
am due for confirmation for the past 5 months now, my boss have done my appraisal which was good and sent to the head office, my technical line manager in the head office, did her own which i suspect was not too good as she didn't copy me in her own mail. i have expressed my worry to my boss over my not being confirmed for months now. she keep assuring me that i will be. that i should not worry, since my salary is coming and that my salary was increased when other people's own was increased also.

i have had opportunities to leave here. in fact, in one occasion, my boss literally begged me not to accept an offer, that she will help me secure my confirmation.

i have tried to forget this confirmation thing as it was really affecting my work. now that i read this article, am beginning to be worried again.

guys what do u thing
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by felifeli: 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2012
obi123: i remember when i was the mgr of a gambling place in the UK, just to make my staff sit up , as soon as i arrive work,with the most serious face i will tell one of the staff to put up the vacancy sign at the window and to go and make copies of the store application form and job description.

So how did you get fired smiley
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:19pm On Aug 02, 2012
A boss yelling over a tin dat dsn't worth it is what I hate. I can't stand it.
Buh in present day 9ja, u can b sacked in a dream. 4real!
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2012
@Op
You're right.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by obi123: 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
felifeli:

So how did you get fired smiley

i didn't get fired, got a better job
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by pembisco(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2012
Point of corectn posta! Bein fired defnately ai'nt evri man's greatest fear as u put in ur 1st paragraph

1 Like

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Dimples316(f): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2012
chyseth: am due for confirmation for the past 5 months now, my boss have done my appraisal which was good and sent to the head office, my technical line manager in the head office, did her own which i suspect was not too good as she didn't copy me in her own mail. i have expressed my worry to my boss over my not being confirmed for months now. she keep assuring me that i will be. that i should not worry, since my salary is coming and that my salary was increased when other people's own was increased also.

i have had opportunities to leave here. in fact, in one occasion, my boss literally begged me not to accept an offer, that she will help me secure my confirmation.

i have tried to forget this confirmation thing as it was really affecting my work. now that i read this article, am beginning to be worried again.

guys what do u thing

What do I think? I think you need to bounce and make it snappy, call one of those companies who made you an offer and see if its still available.Your immediate boss who wants you to stay, is not the only one who has a say in the matter and I doubt if she will be the final authority.

Go with your instincts,instincts are never wrong at least mine haven't failed me yet.

2 Likes

Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by Nobody: 12:37pm On Aug 02, 2012
Believe me, sacking is a difficult job.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by soma042(m): 12:40pm On Aug 02, 2012
men these transfer lol, 2 of our ex branch maneger has been disengaged through these so call transfer.
the last one was through 3 month leave, and guess what "he never come back" .the present i pity him he was presently transferred to enugu branch where so many of them has met their Waterloo .

the topic is interesting i think undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by chyseth(m): 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2012
Thanks my dear, to get another job is not really a problem for me. i will plan towards it soonext.
Dimples 316:

What do I think? I think you need to bounce and make it snappy, call one of those companies who made you an offer and see if its still available.Your immediate boss who wants you to stay, is not the only one who has a say in the matter and I doubt if she will be the final authority.

Go with your instincts,instincts are never wrong at least mine haven't failed me yet.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by soma042(m): 12:44pm On Aug 02, 2012
pembisco: Point of corectn posta! Bein fired defnately ai'nt evri man's greatest fear as u put in ur 1st paragraph

bros me with are same here.
iv been due for confermation for past 6 month but never had anything from my employers im also worried
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by blasterman(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2012
If your boss tells you that you can get a higher salary with another company. He is trying to fire u but in a nice way. If he starts comparing your work with your colleague or you give him chance to correct mistake in your work all the time. One day he will have a bad day and could terminate you easily. Transfer is also a sign that your services could be done without although it usually is to give the person another chance. if they transfer you from Lagos to maiduguri meanwhile Lagos is where the action is happening. Lastly if u are asked to go on leave ur end is near.
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by pembisco(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02, 2012
[quote author=soma042]

bros me with are same here.
iv been due for confermation for past 6 month but never had anything from my employers im also worried
[/quote) pray abt it,God wl surely do smtin,jst belv dt ol gud tins coms frm him! I wish u d best!
Re: Clear Signs To Know Your Boss Is About To Fire You. by blasterman(m): 1:08pm On Aug 02, 2012
Also if ur boss starts to avoid you in the same office. If you have been given 2 or more warnings during meetings for mistakes such as lateness or you are not achieving your target be very careful. If during your performance review the final comment was improvement needed if you do not have a patient boss u might be o. y.o in a couple of days. And finally if your boss babe/ wife is making eye at you and inviting you with sexual lures and proceed you be fired or killed. If you also refuse to proceed and acknowledge her sexual lures by turning her down you will be fired.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Shares How A Lady Preferred N5k To A N45k Job Within Her Area / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? / Difference Between Blue Collar And White Collar Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.