Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Which Other African Attire Do You Like? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Other African Attire Do You Like? (35664 Views)

Chinese Man Rocking Yoruba Traditional Attire (Photos) / Modern Traditional Attire Of Nigeria / Pictures Of Nigeria Traditional Attire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:41am On Aug 03, 2012
Designed exclusively by Yoruba people. . .With love, lmao grin grin grin grin

[img]http://www./gallery/image.php?mode=medium&album_id=18&image_id=213[/img]
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:44am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

I thought they were sewed together.

Even with that. . . . the design of the cloth and the headtie is very local tongue I wouldn't wear all that tho, but that's just me.

I like the "iro" tho, I no dey feel the buba/gele.

nope it wasnt sewn it was tied.

and now it is design of the cloth and the headtie is very local? but no longer slapshed? lol.. keep looking for what to say.

and you wouldnt wear it because u cant afford it... it is not for broke azz lokitos grin grin do.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:46am On Aug 03, 2012
im taking the pictures down though, because i know the couple and not too comfortable posting their pics on here. wink
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

nope it wasnt sewn it was tied.

and now it is design of the cloth and the headtie is very local? but no longer slapshed? lol.. keep looking for what to say.

and you wouldnt wear it because u cant afford it... it is not for broke azz lokitos grin grin do.

LOL see me see wahala o grin grin

#%&@:
im taking the pictures down though, because i know the couple and not too comfortable posting their pics on here. wink

Sure thing.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:53am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:

LOL see me see wahala o grin grin

grin grin but it is true na, i can tell broke azz lokitos a mile away and even on the internet no matter how sophicated they wanna seem
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 2:56am On Aug 03, 2012
Nigerian ladies are naturally stylish.

quoting that comment for truth. nigerian women are all naturally stylish and can do their own thing without going to ife!! grin grin
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:56am On Aug 03, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
Modern Gele (even if it's has a different name in each region) styles, most of the new modern designs were created by Yorubas mainly for Yoruba owanbe parties. Theory suggest that mass movement to the SW of Nigeria, caused it to spread.

Disprove that if you want. . . . but please, keep your insults out of this. You're a grown woman.

Designed for owanbe my foot. Just like me claiming all those Igbo women groups and parties (Ezinne et al grin)because they tied gele, it now means Igbo people dey dish out designs to all and sundry. It now means the designs were/are created by Igbos mainly for Igbo meetings. Very very stupid if you ask me. Rotflmao!!!

3 Likes

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 3:01am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

quoting that comment for truth. nigerian women are all naturally stylish and can do their own thing without going to ife!! grin grin

Lmao!!!! That's a good one.grin grin grin grin There's nothing I won't hear on Nairaland, just to justify a tribe, so tey e reach gele? Tufiakwa!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 3:02am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:

grin grin but it is true na, i can tell broke azz lokitos a mile away and even on the internet no matter how sophicated they wanna seem

Of course I'm broke. A student aint supposed to be rich o, my bros.

Still wouldn't wear that combination wink
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2012
LOL wear iz everi bodi o. wink
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by member58: 3:10am On Aug 03, 2012
lol..student? u must be an 'adult education' student coz i always pictured u to be a housewife in her mid forties with at least 4 kids! haha.. grin grin

anywayz, nothing serious was just having fun with the topic.. catch u ladies later!
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 3:12am On Aug 03, 2012
#%&@:
lol..student? u must be an 'adult education' student coz i always pictured u to be a housewife in her mid forties with at least 4 kids! haha.. grin grin

anywayz, nothing serious was just having fun with the topic.. catch u ladies later!

lol you could say that grin

Housewife? chaiiii!!!

No problem. catch ya later wink smiley
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Crayola1: 4:27am On Aug 03, 2012
Lol Stillwater, TKO on that one job well done cheesy
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 4:36am On Aug 03, 2012
Crayola1: Lol Stillwater, TKO on that one job well done cheesy

As expected. . . . grin grin grin

Modern Gele (even if it's has a different name in each region) styles, most of the new modern designs were created by Yorubas mainly for Yoruba owanbe parties. Theory suggest that mass movement to the SW of Nigeria, caused it to spread.

Disprove that if you want. . . . but please, keep your insults out of this. You're a grown woman.

Still here o wink
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Fulaman198(m): 4:37am On Aug 03, 2012
onila: Nigerian swag! smiley

Please stop using this word, it makes you sound extremely American
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 4:40am On Aug 03, 2012
I wonder who it's a Nigerian swag when Fulanis don't even wear the same head gear, when hausas don't typically wear the same head gear. . . .

Tell me another story abeg. . . . cool cool
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Crayola1: 5:41am On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

As expected. . . . grin grin grin

Still here o wink

Yawn. Like I said good work Stillwater cool

Anyway there are photos of women from the Eastern part of Nigeria weating head scarves in varioud styles at the turn of the 19th century and the early 20th century. You are welcomed to go look it up.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Crayola1: 5:44am On Aug 03, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
I wonder who it's a Nigerian swag when Fulanis don't even wear the same head gear, when hausas don't typically wear the same head gear. . . .

Tell me another story abeg. . . . cool cool

Yar'dua's daughter was photographed with a head scarf during her wedding (Fulani). And there are a couple of Hausa women weddings on Bella Naija where one of their outfits had a head scarf.

Really get a life. Its just fabric tied in a knot damn.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 5:49am On Aug 03, 2012
Crayola1:

Yar'dua's daughter was photographed with a head scarf during her wedding (Fulani). And there are a couple of Hausa women weddings on Bella Naija where one of their outfits had a head scarf.

Really get a life. Its just fabric tied in a knot damn.

Of course not all Fulanis/Hausa avoid wearing it. Culturally, it's not their "thing".

Head wrapper is not a "Nigerian style" lmao. We have other groups who wear head beads, cap etc.

Anti-Ileke idi army, armors on!! grin

Styles change and typicall it starts from somewhere. My theory ==> Yorubas, spread to other region when ppl start moving to Yorubaland in droves.
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by kandiikane(m): 6:06am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 6:08am On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by anonymous6(f): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2012
pretty pictures
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ethiopian

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Aug 03, 2012
Ethiopia

LOL ayam sure this man is Yoruba. . . . Ethiopian wedding lipsrsealed

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by onila(f): 1:36pm On Aug 03, 2012
I dont like ethiopian trad attire
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 03, 2012
Not getting into specific ethnicity.

Kenya

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Namibia

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2012

1 Like

Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: Which Other African Attire Do You Like? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 03, 2012
Eritrea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NSCDC Special Female Squad Visits Alaafin Of Oyo (Pictures) / Oba Adeyemi Adediran Ordained As Pastor 13 Years After His Coronation (Photos) / Ganduje Vs Sanusi: Emir Sanusi Bars ‘Sokon’ Kano From Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.