Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,052 members, 7,807,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

I Want To Do My Masters Abroad - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Do My Masters Abroad (10006 Views)

Confused About My Masters Program / Nigerian Government Scholarship For Masters Abroad / Can I Get Admission For Masters Abroad With A 2nd Class Lower 1st Degree Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by chucksbadt(m): 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2012
Goodday nairalanders, i am currently in my final year studying Electronics And Communication Engineering, and i plan to do my masters in communication abroad. Please can anyone recommend me to any school abroad (possibly UK or USA) which is not too expensive; at least within $10000. I am trying to work ahead of time because i know how difficult it is to get visa these days. Please drop your comments....
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2012
I dunno about US schools. Don't even try UK 'cause your money will dry up. And there's no more oppourtunity for post-study work experience. Try Canada, they're simply great! Search for the Travelling to Canada thread in the Travel section (it's got part's one two and three). I recommend Carleton University, University of Saskatchewan, University of Regina, University of Ottawa. Go to www.aucc.ca
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by chucksbadt(m): 9:49pm On Aug 02, 2012
Thanks for the post; but do you know the strength of the certificates of these schools, are they well recognized in Nigeria?
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2012
Dude, it's Canada!
I might sound unpatriotic by saying this, but any certificate gotten outside Nigeria (especially from North America, Europe and Oceania), are recognised in Nigeria. Even more so than those gotten in Nigeria.
I mean they're really strong. And the schools rank waaaaaaay higher than all Nigerian schools put together, eh!
Dude, google!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by ednut1(m): 8:30am On Aug 03, 2012
For dat amount u can only get 2nd rate universities in uk and us, which translates to wastin ur ur money, a standard uni masters cost 14000 to 19000 pound in uk plus 8000 pounds u will need to survive in a year , don't attempt phoney forieign universities dat r nt recognized
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by chucksbadt(m): 10:52am On Aug 03, 2012
@ ednut.. Are you saying i can't get a decent school in Europe or USA for that amount?
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by ednut1(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2012
Yeah, wat u will get are small colleges run program affiliated to oda big skuls, u can get standard skul for dat amt in turkey russia cyprus, bt nt UK
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by chucksbadt(m): 12:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
@ edmund.....how about Canada, do you know anything about schools over there?
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by francdec4(m): 12:43pm On Aug 03, 2012
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
U of S is great. And cheap! $7k to $8k. One of the cheapest schools for international students. Others charge like $12k to $24k
*The above figures are a year's fees for a masters programme.
And I recommend you go to their website. Or to aucc.ca
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by chucksbadt(m): 1:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
I've browsed about the school. It seems really good, but i stil can't find out how much they charge for the two years
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by francdec4(m): 2:45pm On Aug 06, 2012
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 06, 2012
Did you go to the school's website?
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by francdec4(m): 3:12pm On Aug 07, 2012
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 07, 2012
I'm afraid you're gonna have to ask whatever you want to ask here, as I don't do good in one-on-one settings. See, I can be terribly shy, yea though LCDs and microwaves seperate us. grin
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by kessygirl(f): 12:49pm On Aug 23, 2012
I'd advice you get a university that has link and I mean direct link to some universities over there in london. For more info, write me: degirl4ril@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by DisGuy: 1:44pm On Aug 23, 2012
Masters in Communication? (corporate communication, communication engineering/technology?

Where are you doing your BEng, your course sound really innovative; thumbs up for your uni

You should also look into Germany,Holland heard their international fees aint too bad but cost of living is somewhat steep

is your $10,000 budget for tuiton only or includes living expenses
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by GLOBALINF: 10:36am On Oct 20, 2014
BENEFITS FOR STUDYING IN CYPRUS

• No need of external exams such as SAT, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
• Affordable tuition fee (part payment is accepted)
• Free Transportation around the city for students 24/7
• Job Opportunity for student with work permits
• Affordable Accommodation for Students
• Discount card for students to purchase goods at a very cheap rates
• Scholarship Opportunity for outstanding students
• Cyprus is a crime-free country
• Free internet facility is available in almost everywhere (inside buses, parks, relaxation gardens, public buildings, supermarkets, schools, hospitals etc)

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

• O-Level Results
• Transcript or Statement of Result.
• International Passport
• Birth Certificate
• Application forms
• University Degree Certificate/Transcripts. (Masters Only).

WHY NORTH CYPRUS

North Cyprus offers; favourable, extraordinary, enjoyable, mystic, spiritual and peaceful environment for you any season of the year. Cyprus, third biggest island of the Mediterranean is always desired in every period of history for strategic, political, commercial and religious reasons, and does not lose its charm at any time...

North Cyprus location is at the crossroads of Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Closest neighbouring locations are Turkey, South Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Syria. Its coasts are approximately 396 km long with a unique blend of beaches, plains and mountains. Moreover, with its historical past and location, Northern Cyprus is in many ways a surprising synthesis between eastern and western cultures; and with its rich multicultural heritage, in every part of the country you will find ancient monuments and sites that belongs to more than 11 thousand years of civilization and history makes the country exceptionally beautiful.

North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 100-250 USD per month.

Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend less than 50 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items as well as services are also very affordable in North Cyprus. Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 3 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal
costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordable living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.

DO YOU KNOW THOSE FACTS?
• A Breakdown of student members in Cyprus International University
• There are students from 64 countries
• 50% of the students have scholarships
• 70% of the students live on campus
• There are 30 different student clubs
• While CIU had 3,545 students in 2006, the number rose to 7,948 in 2014.
• Over five year period, the number of students has risen by 97.47%

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLS CALL: 08064934353 BB: 24EA4865
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by adesbaba: 8:00pm On Jan 08, 2016
pls am 2016 batch a corper and wanna have my masters in canada in jan entry...pls wen shud i begin my processin...i dnt even av passport yet....thanks all.
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by saintkeppy(m): 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
GLOBALINF:
BENEFITS FOR STUDYING IN CYPRUS

• No need of external exams such as SAT, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
• Affordable tuition fee (part payment is accepted)
• Free Transportation around the city for students 24/7
• Job Opportunity for student with work permits
• Affordable Accommodation for Students
• Discount card for students to purchase goods at a very cheap rates
• Scholarship Opportunity for outstanding students
• Cyprus is a crime-free country
• Free internet facility is available in almost everywhere (inside buses, parks, relaxation gardens, public buildings, supermarkets, schools, hospitals etc)

ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS

• O-Level Results
• Transcript or Statement of Result.
• International Passport
• Birth Certificate
• Application forms
• University Degree Certificate/Transcripts. (Masters Only).

WHY NORTH CYPRUS

North Cyprus offers; favourable, extraordinary, enjoyable, mystic, spiritual and peaceful environment for you any season of the year. Cyprus, third biggest island of the Mediterranean is always desired in every period of history for strategic, political, commercial and religious reasons, and does not lose its charm at any time...

North Cyprus location is at the crossroads of Europe, Middle East, Asia and Africa. Closest neighbouring locations are Turkey, South Cyprus, Lebanon, Greece, Egypt, Israel and Syria. Its coasts are approximately 396 km long with a unique blend of beaches, plains and mountains. Moreover, with its historical past and location, Northern Cyprus is in many ways a surprising synthesis between eastern and western cultures; and with its rich multicultural heritage, in every part of the country you will find ancient monuments and sites that belongs to more than 11 thousand years of civilization and history makes the country exceptionally beautiful.

North Cyprus Universities offer affordable tuition and fees as well as accommodation charges, whilst North Cyprus offers moderate living expenses. Estimated average living expenses for international students are 100-250 USD per month.

Food and drinks bought from shops instead of eating out in restaurants can significantly be cheaper. An individual gets to spend less than 50 USD every week for grocery items and beverages. All other shopping items as well as services are also very affordable in North Cyprus. Just to give you a broad idea, a haircut costs around 3 USD for men and 10 USD for women; a can of coke costs less than 1 USD and a Burger King meal
costs around 5 USD. All in all, North Cyprus offer very affordable living conditions for students and this is among the top reasons why Cyprus is fast becoming a student hub for students from many different countries and cultures.

DO YOU KNOW THOSE FACTS?
• A Breakdown of student members in Cyprus International University
• There are students from 64 countries
• 50% of the students have scholarships
• 70% of the students live on campus
• There are 30 different student clubs
• While CIU had 3,545 students in 2006, the number rose to 7,948 in 2014.
• Over five year period, the number of students has risen by 97.47%

FOR MORE INFORMATION PLS CALL: 08064934353 BB: 24EA4865
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

. Hello, just came across this post. Though i have made my own research on universities &studying in Cyprus but there are indepth vital info i need to get from you so i can start preparing for my sister. Pls i want to know how much is required to study. i.e School fees, living expenses in Naira for 3 semesters.
Then if 50% fees is accepted. Can she work &study for real?

The courses are:
1.) Master's in Shipping and Logistics Management at University of Nicosia, Cyprus.

2.) Master's in International Trade and Shipping Administration at Fredrick University, Cyprus, cos it seems they have a well articulate and comprehensive course outline in line with jobs descriptions in the Maritime industry.

Then how much will you charge for the whole process?
Thank you!
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by dimabortsov: 4:15pm On Apr 01, 2018
same questiom here! Thanks for sharing guys
Re: I Want To Do My Masters Abroad by suelamar: 6:54pm On Apr 01, 2018
I started searching for universities and business schools through the Access Masters https://www.accessmasterstour.com/
I hope this helps some of you like it helped me!

(1) (Reply)

Waec Timetable For 2019 Ssce - Download Pdf / Pay-slip In Nigeria / Creepiest Ancient Egyptian Curses Unleashed By Archaeologists(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.