Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:43 AM

Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. (11590 Views)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Openly Invites Trustees And Members / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by kasheemawo(m): 11:20pm On Aug 02, 2012
Fellow nairalanders,this man deserves to be applauded for creating job opportunities in our country rather than insulting him.many of these graduate insulting him hav already sent their cvs'.

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by afolayangs(m): 9:50am On Aug 03, 2012
DO YOU NEED HND OR BSC TO DRIVE? PLS GIVE URSELF BRAIN

7 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by kasheemawo(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
What if he is paying good salary? Mind you he may even use driver to scale down the number of applicant.let me ask you question how many ppl can your father employ?

3 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by miteolu(m): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
kasheemawo: What if he is paying good salary? Mind you he may even use driver to scale down the number of applicant.let me ask you question how many ppl can your father employ?

Guy, orietidaru. Why will you insult our fathers. If you tell NLs, they can get you & your fucking failure fool father fishing job

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by mkpologwu(m): 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2012
miteolu:

Guy, orietidaru. Why will you insult our fathers.

Wetin come konsan im papa inside Abi u wan start war and derail d topic? E bi like say u bi derailer abi na delila
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Johnpaul2k2(m): 3:53pm On Aug 03, 2012
WFT?? angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Mrchippychappy(m): 3:57pm On Aug 03, 2012
kasheemawo: Fellow nairalanders,this man deserves to be applauded for creating job opportunities in our country rather than insulting him.many of these graduate insulting him hav already sent their cvs'.

You are missing the point ! Why should we have ONE dangote when we can have 100 "dangotes"? Dangote suppresses competition and wants to monopolize the industrial sector ! Fair enough he has employed lots of people but if dangote can employ say for example 10,000 people then think about how the rate of unemployment would drastically decrease if we had at least 10 more POWERFUL industrialists like Dangote ?

7 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2012
afolayangs: DO YOU NEED HND OR BSC TO DRIVE? PLS GIVE URSELF BRAIN

Actually, the HND and other qualifications he has requested from applicants for the driver position is not because you cant drive without one. I believe that any m'oron thats tall enough to reach the pedals and has hand-eye cordination can drive anything, however, he is looking to bring professionalism and a certian type of discipline that comes with graduates into a profession that has been left to charlatans.

If you feel that you are better off than being a driver, do not apply. However, I am just about to start a haulage company myself and one of the greatest headaches I am facing is finding drivers that can be both professional and technical. A driver that wouldnt act like a riff-raff. A driver that would be able to bring some form of sanity to the profession. I dont need BSc holders, however if there is a BSc holder without a job, I see no reason why they cant build a career as a long haul driver.

Go and see what these Charlatans did to over 500 of his old trucks in Calabar..

This man has a vision for the future of Nigeria, and soon, many people will wish they were amongst the benefactors of this program when a driver would need reference and some certificates to get a job.

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, depending on the distance, the material being hauled and the company, a truck driver makes on the average 400,000 Naira per month!!

23 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by ritux: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Personally, I do not see anything wrong in that. The man must have given it a thought the number of unemployed graduate in the society today. I think it is better he gives this opportunity to graduates that those aboki drivers. Not only that, even if it is 50k per month, there are so many nce, hnd, ond not to talk about bsc holders that are looking for a job that will give them that amout to keep body and soul together. I dont see any insult in it. No university graduate planned of being a truck driver but the way things are in our country, there is no choice. Nowadays, it is not about building a career again but getting a means of living. Let jobless graduate apply and keep doing it while still searching and hoping for their desired kind of job.

Thumbs up Dangote group.

2 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote wants it to be in history dat he employed educated graduates to work 4 him even as drivers. He is operating in another level.chikena!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by miky(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2012
afolayangs: DO YOU NEED HND OR BSC TO DRIVE? PLS GIVE URSELF BRAIN

its his job!! and he can do whatever he pleases.. better yet dont apply.. tired of this third world mentality
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Gospelgirl(f): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2012
kasheemawo: What if he is paying good salary? Mind you he may even use driver to scale down the number of applicant.let me ask you question how many ppl can your father employ?

You have already made your point, but please try and stop this act of insults on NL especially on peoples parents, we are African and well brought up with good morals, let's not throw them away so soon. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by miky(m): 4:04pm On Aug 03, 2012
binger: Dangote wants it to be in history dat he(an uneducated man) employed educated graduates to work 4 him even as drivers. He is operating in another level.chikena!

lol so for you thats his reasoning!! he wants educated peeps to be drivers!! am pretty sure if he wanted the very best trained doctors Nigerian/european to become houseboys he could afford it... think outside the box Mr Pea
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by miteolu(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2012
mkpologwu:

Wetin come konsan im papa inside Abi u wan start war and derail d topic? E bi like say u bi derailer abi na delila

Can you see this guy is nothing but rag.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by joskin: 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
kasheemawo: let me ask you question how many ppl can your father employ?

Guy, you are sick. Fight for your cake on Dangote's table & stop insulting fathers. Solo
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by afolayangs(m): 4:12pm On Aug 03, 2012
smh
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by sleeky8(m): 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dere is a signature on NL i luv so much "peeps u meet here make DUMB comments wit SMART fones".
U r unemployd yet u put dwn a job cus it has 2 do wit bin a truck driver? Hw stupid can u get? Abeg dnt apply kip stayin at hme waitin 4 nepa 2 bring lite and beggin ur mama 4 100naira 2 use 4 NL. Idiat

2 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by konkocious(m): 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2012
How will our rail system work? When Dangote ȋ̝̊̅§ busy buying trucks and employing our graduates as his house boys? Shame my head.

2 Likes

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Siga: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2012
Cant we all have a civil discussion for crying out loud....must we insult one another on every topic....haba.... undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by AjanleKoko: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2012
Which people are crucifying Dangote? Nairaland graduates?
Does he know that they exist?

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by TheShopKeeper(m): 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2012
Okija_juju:

Actually, the HND and other qualifications he has requested from applicants for the driver position is not because you cant drive without one. I believe that any m'oron thats tall enough to reach the pedals and has hand-eye cordination can drive anything, however, he is looking to bring professionalism and a certian type of discipline that comes with graduates into a profession that has been left to charlatans.

If you feel that you are better off than being a driver, do not apply. However, I am just about to start a haulage company myself and one of the greatest headaches I am facing is finding drivers that can be both professional and technical. A driver that wouldnt act like a riff-raff. A driver that would be able to bring some form of sanity to the profession. I dont need BSc holders, however if there is a BSc holder without a job, I see no reason why they cant build a career as a long haul driver.

Go and see what these Charlatans did to over 500 of his old trucks in Calabar..

This man has a vision for the future of Nigeria, and soon, many people will wish they were amongst the benefactors of this program when a driver would need reference and some certificates to get a job.

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, depending on the distance, the material being hauled and the company, a truck driver makes on the average 400,000 Naira per month!!

Very true!!! you have said it all.
Sometimes we need to get out of our closed mentality that certain jobs are not suitable for degree holders.
Let us start to think outside the box and for once in our life embrace change.
Remember no condition is permanent and we have to start from somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2012
Siga: Cant we all have a civil discussion for crying out loud....must we insult one another on every topic....haba.... undecided

How do you have a civil conversation with someone like this that reasons like a fowl;

konkocious: How will our rail system work? When Dangote ȋ̝̊̅§ busy buying trucks and employing our graduates as his house boys? Shame my head.

Doesnt this person deserve to be insulted?!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by kasheemawo(m): 4:34pm On Aug 03, 2012
If you follow the link properly you wil see that the guy mentioned my father b4 i retaliated......sorry dudes.
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by megawax8: 4:38pm On Aug 03, 2012
y pple dnt progress depends solely on pride.......u'l rada kip applyin to oil companies than get a job u tag 'r 4 illiterates'.....where exactly was it stated dat graduates cnt do dat? Dats y u went to skul,to tink educatively!......PRIDE!
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Hemanwel(m): 4:39pm On Aug 03, 2012
Mr.chippychappy:

You are missing the point ! Why should we have ONE dangote when we can have 100 "dangotes"? Dangote suppresses competition and wants to monopolize the industrial sector ! Fair enough he has employed lots of people but if dangote can employ say for example 10,000 people then think about how the rate of unemployment would drastically decrease if we had at least 10 more POWERFUL industrialists like Dangote ?
So,wot's ur point?

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by madumadu(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2012
i wonder ooooooo.ask them ooo
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by emmanial: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
There's notin wrong wit wat Dangote has done. If u kn u r qualify 2 apply apply rather than abusin Dangote. If we've up 2 ten Dangotes', unemployment wil be drastically reduced.

1 Like

Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by k10: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2012
I really don't think anyone goes for hnd or bsc thinking one day "I will be a truck driver working for dangote"!!
think about it
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Okijajuju1(m): 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hemanwel: So,wot's ur point?

That weed induced intelligence isnt all that.
undecided
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by AjanleKoko: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2012
Dangote threads all over Nairaland today. grin
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Mrchippychappy(m): 4:47pm On Aug 03, 2012
Hemanwel: So,wot's ur point?

Read properly and get the point and if you can't well then i can't explain it to you
Re: Why Crucify Dangote For Providing Jobs For Unemployed Graduates. by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2012
Is there any legislation in your locality preventing you from creating jobs or becoming another Dangote? Please did he steal your money before building his conglomerate? Am waiting for you to announce recruitment openings for gatemen and cleaners.......

Mr.chippychappy:

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Urgent Advice/help Needed On Collecting My Salary From My Former Employer / My Bitter, Sad And Regretful Experience At DSSC Officer Cadet Course 23 In Jaji / Tobi Boshoro Joins The Renmoney Team As Ceo, Set Make Great Impact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.