Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,254 members, 7,807,874 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (202837 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:22pm On Aug 15, 2012
At the site, the blocks were stood up and watered the more, in readiness for use as from tomorrow.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Aug 15, 2012
some of the blocks has been piled up to clear more space for more blocks to be made.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:25pm On Aug 15, 2012
The site, with the blocks in front.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:38pm On Aug 15, 2012
No blocks were made today, there was no supply of sand owing to the break down of the supplier's trucks. Since we now have about 900 blocks on site, I will move a few workers into site tomorrow to commence block setting instead of wasting more time, we have lost 4 days now.

In some sites it is better to buy blocks instead of molding, molding could be a little cheaper and a little stronger, (sometimes) but whatever benefit you get from those two advantages will be lost when you consider time wasted, cost of packing the blocks up and down, cost of watering it and cost of chasing sand and cement suppliers, plus the block molders themselves who could skip work at the flimsiest of reasons.

More reports tomorrow.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 9:10am On Aug 16, 2012
spyder880: Although we are working in Ebonyi, I went to the Kenyatta market in Enugu to pick all these items and transported them to Ebonyi. Quality on my mind.

If indeed the project is based in Ohaozara axis of the State, then it's nearer to Enugu (less than 60km) than Abakaliki. Besides, there should be good access road to/from Enugu. Say, where exactly is the project based? The problem you are having accessing sand should be explained away by the heavy rains and floods that have limited sand supply to only come from Isu. Else, sand is usually the least of problem(s) encountered when building in that part of the world.

Good job though you are doing. Jisie ike
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2012
Oga Spyder880, do you use rubber band to ensure that there's no leak in the pipes for conduit laying? See attached photo to understand what I mean

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
chidexy: Oga Spyder880, do you use rubber band to ensure that there's no leak in the pipes for conduit laying? See attached photo to understand what I mean

Many of my accesories are fitted with lipped sealing to prevent leaks. Some are sealed with a special gum that is almost air tight during installation. We think of every possible thing that may go wrong before we commence fittings. Thanks for pointing it out anyway. I will show us where I went searching for sand with a canoe today. More pictures after I chop cheesy just came back from the site.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2012
spyder880:

Many of my accesories are fitted with lipped sealing to prevent leaks. Some are sealed with a special gum that is almost air tight during installation. We think of every possible thing that may go wrong before we commence fittings. Thanks for pointing it out anyway. I will show us where I went searching for sand with a canoe today. More pictures after I chop cheesy just came back from the site.

hmm, interesting! Using canoe to go looking for sand to buy. Hasn't the flood receded yet?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:43pm On Aug 16, 2012
we worked in this site today,

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:46pm On Aug 16, 2012
more works

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:49pm On Aug 16, 2012
pictures of column rods casted down with concrete

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:54pm On Aug 16, 2012
now, this is how we placed the column baskets and stood the pillar rods on top of it, then we covered the column base with concrete. These column rods are very important in its function to the overall house, handle it with care.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:56pm On Aug 16, 2012
more column rods

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:59pm On Aug 16, 2012
more works

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Aug 16, 2012
still working

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Aug 16, 2012
we brought in many trips of sand today in readiness for the next stage of work

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:04pm On Aug 16, 2012
these blocks were made today

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:07pm On Aug 16, 2012
please note that this is only the foundation, and we are making it as tall as 5 coaches high, we don't want any story of flooding or dampness in the future, better to spend money than to tell stories cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:10pm On Aug 16, 2012
the blocks are coming up

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Aug 16, 2012
a corner of the house

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2012
okay

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:15pm On Aug 16, 2012
closer on the blocks

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Aug 16, 2012
more sands

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:19pm On Aug 16, 2012
more work will continue tomorrow as more of my guys move into this site.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:30pm On Aug 16, 2012
Many fishermen go out with canoes and catch their fish, but these guys use the same canoe to fish for sand. They paddle the boat to areas where the sands are much in the stream

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:32pm On Aug 16, 2012
more canoe

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:34pm On Aug 16, 2012
when the canoe is full, they come to land and empty the sand, and we load sand from there. I still intend to visit the place they get their gravel from.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 11:40pm On Aug 16, 2012
spyder880: when the canoe is full, they come to land and empty the sand, and we load sand from there. I still intend to visit the place they get their gravel from.

do you by chance know the name of this river? Esu?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:47pm On Aug 16, 2012
chidexy:

do you by chance know the name of this river? Esu?

Sure this is Esu cheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2012
spyder880:

Sure this is Esu cheesy

Thanks, it certainly looks like the Esu in my village, on the way to Amasiri/Afikpo. The last I heard, the river was supposed to be overflooding, unless of course it's receding
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by chidexy(m): 11:52pm On Aug 16, 2012
And by the way, we have the best fine sand for moulding blocks and concretes - quite unlike the corny, coarse grained white sand from Afikpo hahahahahaha
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 12:17am On Aug 17, 2012
chidexy:

Thanks, it certainly looks like the Esu in my village, on the way to Amasiri/Afikpo. The last I heard, the river was supposed to be overflooding, unless of course it's receding

Definitely overflowing last time I went there, swallowing rice farms and flooding compounds, but the waters have receded some days ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.