Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,736 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State - Properties (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State (202732 Views)

Building A 2 Bedroom Flat / Parapet Roofing Support Building In Ebonyi State / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (55) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2012
We are still working at this site despite the weather posing some challenges, but we are winning. The rains has stopped us from making new blocks on Thursday, but we made so much blocks yesterday as the sunshine was bright enough. Up to six block makers combined to produce around 700 blocks that are drying out now. The rain is still falling this morning, I love the effect it will have on the stregnth of the blocks made yesterday.

We have brought in most of the rods needed to form the columns and beams for this house. The iron bender is working on them and it will be ready on schedule as we plan to apply it to the building on Teusday-Wednesday so the carpenter can start framing the lintels, ready for pouring.

Meanwhile we had been using the small quantity of blocks on site to raise some portions of the walls as we wait for the new ones to dry. I kept a single brick layer on site to be using the few number of blocks, (about 300) for the past two days. I dont like vacuums or stoppagescheesy

More pictures will follow this evening after the network acted funny again last night. Full work continues on Monday.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2012
The mark of a creative builder is to note the plans of a house, and put yourself in the shoes of your client. You will be able to visualize things you like and make suggestions and recomendations to your client as to the small changes needed, or in this case, the new additions required. I always do this in all the houses I build. A home should be made to be most convenient for the future occupants.

This house plan does not include a frontal sit-out or car port but I feel this house should need one. Supposing the rains are pouring and you drive home and maybe your voice cannot be heard over the rain, if you need to stand in the front door and wait out the rains (assuming you dont have the front door keys with you) you will see how needful a frontal sit-out is to a modern house.

I am suggesting to create a fitting car port in front of this house. When I am able to post pictures, I will show the frontal drawing for this house and also show pictures of houses with similar designs but with a car port. Meetings could also be held in this space or the house occupants could stay out and enjoy some natural breeze there.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:11pm On Sep 16, 2012
The way it looks now

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:24pm On Sep 16, 2012
more....

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:40pm On Sep 16, 2012
more still

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:53pm On Sep 16, 2012
enough blocks

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Sep 16, 2012
even till after lintels

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:00pm On Sep 16, 2012
I saw this on the way to Afikpo, a giant fish caught by a local fisherman.

1 Like

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2012
very hefty fish-meat

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is the way the front of this house should look, according to the plans.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2012
This is what I intend to add, looks rough now but I was making this adjustment on the back of a moving car.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2012
or this, a higher version of the last?

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:23pm On Sep 16, 2012
When it is finished, we can add frontal tiles like this, also this column type could be better than the normal pillars.

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:26pm On Sep 16, 2012
or something like this

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 11:33pm On Sep 16, 2012
prince_onx: I know it's pictures but this house kind of look small to me abi Na my eyes? How many bedrooms dup is this again?

@ my man Prince, how weekend? I remembered you comment today as I was going through the files on the Owerri job, and it seems like the size of the Owerri duplex was smaller than this at this stage, watch this, same stage as this Ebonyi house in Owerri. cheesy

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2012
spyder880: I saw this on the way to Afikpo, a giant fish caught by a local fisherman.

That is what i call fish, but not sure i will eat such oh . . . Lol, How come you no buy am now?
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by princeonx: 6:04am On Sep 17, 2012
spyder880:

@ my man Prince, how weekend? I remembered you comment today as I was going through the files on the Owerri job, and it seems like the size of the Owerri duplex was smaller than this at this stage, watch this, same stage as this Ebonyi house in Owerri. cheesy
You're right chief! Guess it's the pictures! Keep up the good work.
By the way, my weekend is going good! Hope yours going well too
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:16am On Sep 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

That is what i call fish, but not sure i will eat such oh . . . Lol, How come you no buy am now?

The fish is frightening. I tried to ask for the price and the man said N12k last, and my name is not Fhemmmy so I had to swallow saliva and walk awaycheesy
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2012
prince_onx:
You're right chief! Guess it's the pictures! Keep up the good work.
By the way, my weekend is going good! Hope yours going well too

The weekend was so chilled down here. Too much rains and cold everywhere. I hope we get some respite to work this week.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2012
spyder880:

The fish is frightening. I tried to ask for the price and the man said N12k last, and my name is not Fhemmmy so I had to swallow saliva and walk awaycheesy

Chief, God forgive you oh.
That is a good price now, you could paid the man for his labour and buy it to fry for your workers oh . . .
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Sep 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

Chief, God forgive you oh.
That is a good price now, you could paid the man for his labour and buy it to fry for your workers oh . . .

Oga mi, I would have loved that, only that it was not listed on the budget cheesy
I will remember to add small extras for the boys in my next project. Keeps the boys happy and commited.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
spyder880:

Oga mi, I would have loved that, only that it was not listed on the budget cheesy
I will remember to add small extras for the boys in my next project. Keeps the boys happy and commited.

You need it oh . . . And since you no dey show us more details anymore and and stuff, i come run away oh
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 5:24pm On Sep 17, 2012
Fhemmmy:

You need it oh . . . And since you no dey show us more details anymore and and stuff, i come run away oh

Which details Oga? just give me some feedback and I will adjust accordingly.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2012
Chief, i think it was the first thread that changed how Property section on NL was . . . It was built to some stage and no more information and pix and anything so we became half baked students so i run oh cool
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2012
Fhemmmy: Chief, i think it was the first thread that changed how Property section on NL was . . . It was built to some stage and no more information and pix and anything so we became half baked students so i run oh cool

Ok, about my house? Nothing much has changed on the exterior situation so I thought it wise to shield it from view till I will have something good to show. But work is going on slowly internally. Dont worry as I will make up for it when I eventually return to work on the outside. We are living inside the house now, thats good news on its own? cheesy no more landlord fears grin
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by Fhemmmy: 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2012
spyder880:

Ok, about my house? Nothing much has changed on the exterior situation so I thought it wise to shield it from view till I will have something good to show. But work is going on slowly internally. Dont worry as I will make up for it when I eventually return to work on the outside. We are living inside the house now, thats good news on its own? cheesy no more landlord fears grin

That is a great news, and happy for you and your family . . . Was just worried that we will never know the exact cost and the real final look of the house.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by striveandreward: 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2012
Hello Spyder,
Greetings. I am new on the trend and will love to have your personal email address.
God will reward your efforts.
josiahketu@yahoo.com.
God bless.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 8:35pm On Sep 17, 2012
striveandreward: Hello Spyder,
Greetings. I am new on the trend and will love to have your personal email address.
God will reward your efforts.
josiahketu@yahoo.com.
God bless.

You can reach me on 08033350750 or ckenneths@yahoo.co.uk
Thank you.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:34am On Sep 20, 2012
again

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:45am On Sep 20, 2012
sdjhs

Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 9:51am On Sep 20, 2012
The rains has been very heavy of late, making it difficult to deliver materials, but we are still doing so, at a very high cost for transporters brave enough to try the roads.

Today, we are going to continue the plumbing works in this house while the iron benders and carpenters continue to work in this site. More pictures later this evening.
Re: Building A 5 Bedroom Duplex In Ebonyi State by spyder880(m): 4:59pm On Sep 20, 2012
The plumbing works we did today will be shown later, the rains gave some hours break and work has been going on in full. I am expecting more supplies and work is progressing according to plan. I have started negotiating prices for some decking materials like bamboo. Better to plan in time to avoid rushing. More pictures later today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (55) (Reply)

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence / Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.