Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,909 members, 7,799,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (21085 Views)

Is Early Marriage Really Advantageous? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Agimor(m): 8:55am On Aug 04, 2012
This topic seem to be very vast as different folks hold diverse opinion about it and also have a lot to do with the individual male or female is said to have the right to take or make decisions that pertains to how he or she wants to live his or her life.some desire to marry early to build their lives together,while others want to meet up with life demands before getting another person involved in their life's affairs.whether you marry early or not,you both need all it takes to make the marriage workout.and this open the podium for my question which do you prefer nairalanders share your views.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MMM2(m): 9:34am On Aug 04, 2012
None angry

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by engrtee(f): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2012
In Late mariage, the patner is xprience and maturd

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Agimor(m): 10:55am On Aug 04, 2012
M M M: None angry
Why none?
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by bendazum: 11:25am On Aug 04, 2012
EARLY MARRIAGE LIKE THE GUY BEING 24/25 and THE GIRL 20-22 PROVIDED BOTH ARE MATURE PHYSICALLY,MENTALLY,EMOTIONALLY,INTELLECTUALLY,FINANCIALLY ETC

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by eunisam: 12:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
Early. It wil enable u to enjoy your children for a long time.

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by merge(f): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
What is consider late and early? I think its best not too early or too late. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by chelseabmw(m): 12:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
I like both
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MrsChima(f): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2012
There is no such thing as early nor late marriages. There is no time frame when a person should marry and each marriage is tailor to the couple not the spectators.

16 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by StarrMatthieu: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2012
BUMPS
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Kaylee1: 1:53pm On Aug 04, 2012
^ Your view is very Non-Nigerian (western).

@OP, Definitely early marriage (girl should be between 22-25, the guy should be between 27-32).
All things being equal, it gives the couple ample time to be with/enjoy their children. You don't wanna be old and senile when you give birth to your first child. etc.

7 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tunisque(m): 1:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
i think we should define at what age is marriage early or late before sending in our comments.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There is no such thing as early nor late marriages.
I agree to an extent. I married at 28 and that was late to me. I planned to do by 26-27. Some other person would consider 28 early.

From a combination of my religious and cutural orientation, anything above 30 is late (27 for a lady). But there is still an acceptable exception to that: lack of basic financial means.

2 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Lordave: 2:01pm On Aug 04, 2012
engrtee: In Late mariage, the patner is xprience and maturd
then wait until you are 65.

4 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sizzlers(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
wat if u neva had a car? Wil the girl agree?
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
A friend of mine who got married at the age of 19 has a 13yrs old daughter, though she is from the north.she is 32 now and maybe in the next 7yrs she should be ready to be a grandma! undecided.marriage I think depends on when the suitor comes knocking whether its at the early age or late age.

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 2:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
M M M: None angry
Are you a monk or a nun?
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Jay007th(m): 2:09pm On Aug 04, 2012
d scale shuld b of a balance ie 50-50...
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Jay007th(m): 2:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
dependin on d persons choice
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by ebamma(m): 2:14pm On Aug 04, 2012
early marriage or late marriage doesn't matter,what matters is love and understanding between the man and the woman

3 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2012
Early for ladies and Late for Gents.....

1 Like

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by chucky234(m): 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
Early marriage is no doubt the best as they will afford you enough time to support your children and watch them grow into the adult you want them to be.
I got married at 32 and was just too late for me but I only realised how late it was when I saw my younger sister's daughter who is 13 this year while my first child is just 3 years age,few years from now my younger sister will probably be nursing her first grandchild while my daughter is still in primary school.
I sincerely advice people to marry early if you are able to find that special one early enough,don't think twice oooo

6 Likes

Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by DMainMan: 2:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
Mrs.Chima:
There is no such thing as early nor late marriages. There is no time frame when a person should marry and each marriage is tailor to the couple not the spectators.

from ur response, i infer dat u married late. Eeya, sori o.
Marrying early will help protecting fornication. Being young does not literally mean u are immature. Dat is y my fiance and I will be married soonest. Odunnu, i no go marry u o; go look for your husband elsewhere. Stop disturbing me with PM tongue
Mrs.Chima:

from ur response, i infer dat u married late. Eeya, sori o.
Marrying early will help protecting fornication. Being young does not literally mean u are immature. Dat is y my fiance and I will be married soonest. Odunnu, i no go marry u o; go look for your husband elsewhere. Stop disturbing me with PM. :p
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Thank God I'm a guy, there's no pressure guys, unlike the female folks, as soon they are above 25yrs of age, the whole of their mind set would be on marriage. Another disadvantage for em is that, traditionally they won't propose unless their man decides. Well as for me, I prefer early marriage.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Clemzy16(m): 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
I don't seems to believe There's anything like early or late marriage. It depends on when You're aged, ready and balanced financially.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by akinwaleok: 2:20pm On Aug 04, 2012
am 31yrs but need some basic things b4 getin married,though i av my wife to be
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Aug 04, 2012
emmysenior: Thank God I'm a guy, there's no pressure guys, unlike the female folks, as soon they are above 25yrs of age, the whole of their mind set would be on marriage. Another disadvantage for em is that, traditionally they won't propose unless their man decides. Well as for me, I prefer early marriage.
huh! What did u just say? undecided
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Enlightened1: 2:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
No comment!! Whatsoever!!
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by wholexy009(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2012
Pls should age difference matters when choosing a partner, I mean won't people see it as child abuse if a 28yrs old guy decide to date a girl of 18 with the hope of marrying her in few yrs from now say 3 or 4
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by freecocoa(f): 2:30pm On Aug 04, 2012
I'd rather marry early than late.
Re: Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by blackbeau1(f): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
I think the age you marry should depend on your level of maturity

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Much Will Take You Through The Week? / Consequences Of Having Many Children In A Bad Economy? / Impending Child Custody Battle: Baby Mama Preventing Access To My Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.