Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes (6814 Views)

Is It Bad To Wear Mens Sandals To Job Interview? They Laughed At Me [pics] / Funke Adesiyan In A Very Tight Dress. / Tight Jeans Are Bad For Guys' Testicles - TV Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by dot2002(m): 5:17pm On Dec 16, 2007
One of my friend is size 20.when discussing what she was wearing to a party, she described a long, tight top with hot pants and leggings. How do I tell her nicely she is far too fat for tight clothes, or do I not?
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Seun(m): 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2007
How do I tell her nicely she is far too fat for tight clothes
"Don't you think something loose and elegant will flatter your figure better?"
(you don't need to call her "too fat". That would be an unnecessary insult)
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by tollu: 5:46pm On Dec 16, 2007
A size twenty must know she's too big for tight clothes perhaps she just wants to liberate herself (though this kind of liberation she can do without).

There's no nice way to say such a thing, so just tell her what you think, IF you have to.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Seun(m): 6:18pm On Dec 16, 2007
There's no nice way to say such a thing, so just tell her what you think, IF you have to.
It's kinda unsmart for you to say this after I had already suggested one nice way to say it: "don't you think something loose and elegant will flatter your figure better?" I don't understand why people don't put more effort into saying things the right way. It costs you nothing to think for a while before you open your mouth to criticize.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by dot2002(m): 8:08pm On Dec 16, 2007
Seun your suggestion is very good but it has that touch of poshness, i really don't think she will appreciate it, she might considere it a little patronising or maybe i'm being a little too critical
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by tollu: 11:55pm On Dec 16, 2007
@ Seun -
1. Do we have any issues? 'cos i dont think my post deserved to be called 'unsmart'

2.I didn't open my mouth to do anything, helloooooooo, i'm using a computer here.

3. Seems your brain is filled with so much criticism, ur brain naturally thinks any post criticises.

4. There's ABSOLUTELY NO nice way to tell a fat person he/she's fat. So you think ur suggestion was a nice one? News flash- She's Size twenty, she'll know why the suggestion came up.

5. YOU are unsmart and don't think. Stuck up, arrogant 'sillyramus'.

@dot2002- right on!
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Nobody: 1:26am On Dec 17, 2007
Hot pants and leggings? Is that a good combination even on a skinny person? undecided undecided Maybe I don't know what hot pants and leggings are anymore.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Dreloaded(f): 1:32am On Dec 17, 2007
Tell her to wear a long kinda loose top then tights, that's usually how bigger girls do it so they dont look gross.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by iice(f): 2:00am On Dec 17, 2007
stillwater:

Hot pants and leggings? Is that a good combination even on a skinny person? undecided undecided Maybe I don't know what hot pants and leggings are anymore.

I tell you ooo. . .
If she ain't bothered. . .you shouldn't be.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by zigbo(f): 11:53pm On Dec 17, 2007
@iice xactly. . at poster wats ur own,its like mind ur bizz. ur description of ur friend was rily horrible,ur saying she is size 20 was enuf description, i bet u are slim pfit nd all but then if u aint confident well too bad ,she's supposed to be allowed to wear watever she wants, shudnt she? its her body

@seun i kinda agree with you on the unsmart theory
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by ifyalways(f): 12:05am On Dec 18, 2007
seuns reply seems cool but it might go sour along the line.
she might take it to mean that you are simply jealous so

say NOTHING.
let her dress anyhow she wants. cool
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by inki(f): 9:10am On Dec 18, 2007
if she's truly ur friend, it shld cost u nothing to tell her dat 'a long, tight top with hot pants and leggings' would look bad on her undecided
just do it
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by suze(f): 11:46am On Dec 18, 2007
Just tell her that it will be better if one combines a loose top and a very fitted leggings . That it normally has more fiting that way
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by dot2002(m): 4:37pm On Dec 18, 2007
stillwater and zigbo its easy to know hot-pants and leggings when you see one because they are piping hot! and at the same time very cool on the feminine skin. suze & D-reloaded, fanks what you wrote was top notch, personally i won't take offense to your suggestions.

Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 18, 2007
Pardon my ignorance.  I thought hotpants were very short shorts undecided. I've only seen skirts on leggings.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by dot2002(m): 6:53pm On Dec 18, 2007
stillwater:

Pardon my ignorance. I thought hotpants were very short shorts undecided. I've only seen skirts on leggings.

i 'thought rightly' you have only just seen skirts on leggings so i will leave it to you to find the hot pants from these pics or perhaps as you rightly wrote, they are not hot, you don't have to ask for forgiveness due to the pressure of ignorance, that’s your prerogative. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by zigbo(f): 1:12am On Dec 19, 2007
babes i know what hot pants are. my point is,if she doesnt see anything wrong with the style then u should let her be + the designers who make this clothes  in sizes that can pass through those size 20 tighs know what they do, don't they undecided
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by suze(f): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2007
@ dot2002,

You said your friend wants to wear a long tight top

2.Hot pants

3. leggings

If the top is long i.e below the bum, how will the hot pants show?

It will cover the hotpants and only the leggins will show under

What then is d point of wearing the hotpants?
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by dot2002(m): 10:53am On Dec 19, 2007
it a case of what you consider long, shot top would barely contain my udders cheesy
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by whiteroses(f): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2007
aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh size 20 wants to wear tights is that even legal? tell her to try other options trust me she'll look hotter than everybody if she wears a cute black dressy top and tailored three quater
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by kingsikaz(m): 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2008
may she wan be like robborti K or MAMA SARO!
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by pahtahkee: 12:27am On Feb 22, 2008
Tight tops on a fat woman, not too good a dress sense. grin
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Gamine(f): 1:20am On Feb 22, 2008
Size 20 shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

tight cloths she must be kolomental!
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by smurf1(f): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2008
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats a no no pls restrain the fashion conscious friend, grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by OgidiBoy(m): 11:24pm On Dec 09, 2008
What is wrong with fat chicks these days ehh!! angry Tell your friend to E-mail me and I'll put her in her place.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by smurf1(f): 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2008
Ogidi Bwoi, how u dey na, hope u de kmape, kiss
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by OgidiBoy(m): 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
~smurf:

Ogidi Bwoi, how u dey na, hope u de kmape, kiss

My dear I just dey, na only hunger dey hammer your bros, how una side sef
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by Nobody: 11:36pm On Dec 09, 2008
Tufiakwa  angry
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by MrCrackles(m): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2008
your friend is a fat buffoon! cheesy
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by smurf1(f): 11:40pm On Dec 09, 2008
OgidiBoy:

My dear I just dey, na only hunger dey hammer your bros, how una side sef
Good to hear that, I'll pra'li order u some food too if i could, eya pele baby bwoi, kiss
Im chilling too oh dearie cool
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by OgidiBoy(m): 11:49pm On Dec 09, 2008
~smurf:

Good to hear that, I'll pra'li order u some food too if i could, eya pele baby bwoi, kiss
I'm chilling too oh dearie cool

Na wa oh girl if only I knew where you dey I for come take pic with you and introduce you to my boys as my sister. Your fineness is still blowing we away.

@Post

Fat chicks look at ~smurf's picture and weep, that is what a lady is supposed to look like.
Re: My Fat Friend Wants To Wear Tight Clothes by smurf1(f): 11:52pm On Dec 09, 2008
Awwww Ogidi baby, u are far too kind, thanks for the compliment, I'm sure u are good looking as well, kiss kiss kiss

@ Topic

My big bones ladies hold ur head up high and strut y'alls stuff nothing do una, much love too, wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Guys That Love Using Starch On Their Cloth / Africa's Next Top Model Finalist / Wholesalers Needed For Butt Lifter And Latex Waist Trainer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.