Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:49 AM

Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? (22840 Views)

Pupils Of A Primary School Climbing Fence / A Primary School Where Pupils Wear Chelsea Jersey As Their Sportswear (Photos) / Photo Of Ebute Meta Primary School, August 2014 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by jmaine: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2012
asha 80: let us be honest,this is quite prevalent in all the states of the country especially the rural areas.let us not blame acn in ogun for this amosun is only about a year old so let us give him sometime or the end of this tenure to judge.

Fair Post . . .Endorsed . . .
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Beaf: 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2012
@oyb

Stop being a fool as usual and watch the video I posted. The words of the Ogun state govt and Ibafon LG officials should convince even those that are indecently dull.

What have special schools in the federal govt colleges got to do with states inabilities to provide for their citizens? Or that the villages use the school as a toilet?
You unfailingly come across as an unrepentant fool just to attack those who are mentally beyond you. Its not a pride, bro.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
mojounited:
Not entirely! It might be under the Federal Ministry of Education but under the UBEC Act 2004, the responsibility lies with the States and Local Governments albeit the FG could intervene with 2% of its Consolidated Revenue Fund, where and when necessary (if the laid down criteria merits such intervention) - Of course we know how naija functions, if a particular region of the country benefits more from the meager 2% fund, other regions will cry fowl. I believe funds are normally released to State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) of each state and the Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) but the problem lies with some state governors and chairmen of these boards who would rather feed fat on these allocations than implement good educational policies and build or renovate school facilities...

http://ubeconline.com/
http://ubeconline.com/about_ubec.html

I am not here absolving the states, what I am saying is the Ministry of Education plays a big role in development of public schools at the state and local levels. This debate has been on for decades, and I believe when Oby Ekwesili was there she shed light on the problem, and tried to invite the public in to help rebuild these schools. According to her, yes, local boards get funds but in many cases these funds are not enough to push development.
Rather than get into the debate again, I would rather we fish up the threads on this from back those years, and continue any improvements since then.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
mojounited:
Not entirely! It might be under the Federal Ministry of Education but under the UBEC Act 2004, the responsibility lies with the States and Local Governments albeit the FG could intervene with 2% of its Consolidated Revenue Fund, where and when necessary (if the laid down criteria merits such intervention) - Of course we know how naija functions, if a particular region of the country benefits more from the meager 2% fund, other regions will cry fowl. I believe funds are normally released to State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) of each state and the Local Government Education Authorities (LGEAs) but the problem lies with some state governors and chairmen of these boards who would rather feed fat on these allocations than implement good educational policies and build or renovate school facilities...

http://ubeconline.com/
http://ubeconline.com/about_ubec.html

I am not here absolving the states, what I am saying is the Ministry of Education plays a big role in development of public schools at the state and local levels. This particular debate has been on for about a decade, and I believe when Oby Ekwesili was there she shed light on the problem, and tried to invite the public in to help rebuild these schools. According to her, yes, local boards get funds but in many cases these funds are not enough to push development.
Rather than get into the debate again, I would rather we fish up the threads on this from back those years, and continue any improvements since then.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by thomason: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf: All hail ACN!
The great provider of wonderful schools!

ACN, party of choice for NURTW.

but Amosun took over from a Killer Governor(Gbenga Daniel) last year. I think the fault is on Gbenga Daniel(PDP) that ruled that state for 8years with nothing to show for it.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by thomason: 7:04pm On Aug 04, 2012
oyb:

beaf is lying again as usual - i never knew that fgc ilorin and all those other federal govt colleges etal were all state schools

wetin we no go hear from this desperate liar

even funnier is the man who blames all gejs problems on the past, is such a desperate hypocrite that he pins the failures of ogd and the pdp on amosun

standing ovation for this liar

i hope we won't find that delta state indigenes are running to these bush schools for free education - i seem to remember a story like that last year

btw what is our twt doing endorsing an SR report? cheesy cheesy

U r right cos Gbenga Daniel(PDP) was in charge for 8years. Amosun is fresh and we should give him time before criticising him.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PointB: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2012
thomason:

U r right cos Gbenga Daniel(PDP) was in charge for 8years. Amosun is fresh and we should give him time before criticising him.

So how long should we give Amosun (the ex-cultist)?
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by thomason: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
PointB:

So how long should we give Amosun (the ex-cultist)?

Ex cultist? Can you prove that bro? OGD was there for 8 good years and you didnt see anything wrong but quick to pass the blame to Amosun who is just a year in power, lets criticize him in 2015.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Sad embarassed embarassed
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PointB: 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2012
thomason:

Ex cultist? Can you prove that bro? OGD was there for 8 good years and you didnt see anything wrong but quick to pass the blame to Amosun who is just a year in power, lets criticize him in 2015.

OGD? The less said the better.

As for Amosun:

X-factoria:
I don't know why people are surprised about the character of Amosun. I blame the Nigerian media for not shinning light properly on the character of this man.

Amosun was a cultist when he was in Ojere i.e. Ogun State Polytechnic now Moshood Abiola Polytechnic. In the days preceding the 2007 governorship election in Ogun State in which Amosun contestd against OGD under the umbrella of ANPP, Amosun was shown on Gateway TV in the midst of youths raising machets and cutlasses and chanting "O n f'iku sere o, o n f'iku sere, OGD o n f'iku sere" meaning "he is toying with death, he is toying with death, OGD he is toying with death". The point I am making is that, this guy is not different from OGD in terms of malevolence and all. They are birds of like feathers only seperated by ambition.

https://www.nairaland.com/720869/amosun-leads-squad-demolish-babalakin#8790500

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 8:10pm On Aug 04, 2012
It is really sad when I look at the faces of those cute children. They did not ask to be brought into this wicked world by parents who cannot afford them a decent life. We like to born pickin full everywhere like chicken in Nigeria and in Africa generally but are often times not in a position to give the child a decent life. See poverty in 2012. See the hopeless and sad expressions on the faces of those children. It makes my heart bleed.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by seedord247(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
I cant cry. Chaiiii. This is the same school our so call politicians paassed thru and they tremendously forget about it. sad
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Toks2008(m): 9:03pm On Aug 04, 2012
Too bad. But ironically, children from this type of school are usually very successful in life and i wonder why.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 9:05pm On Aug 04, 2012
Primary school Education is 100% under the State /local government in Nigeria except maybe Abuja. No ifs no buts.

If you did not know just do a quick MEA CULPA and let us move on.

I do not see how this is OBJ's responsibility directly but indirectly he has a lot to answer for he rigged OGD into office twice and so he and PDP surely have some indirect responsibility

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 9:06pm On Aug 04, 2012
Toks2008: Too bad. But ironically, children from this type of school are usually very successful in life and i wonder why.

A few,most or all ?
I wonder.
I rather suspect it is institutions like these that churn out the likes of Tokyo and Eleweomo grin
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by sheyguy: 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2012
PointB: @Op,
I'll take that dilapidated structure as a 'massive' improvement over the 'hut and shack' school in the second picture. ACN's government public standard is truly amazing! grin grin grin
if the picture you endorsed over the OP's own first appeared on NL last year, then it goes to show that the blame should go the the past govt of the state. It also proves that developement in any region is not by the president being a son of that region as speculated by our so called ''marginalized'' regions.
What i will rather blame the current administration for, is planning to construct an air-conditioned overhead bridge when schools like these are still in Ogun state.
Most negative comments here are targetted at the ACN govt of the state.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by duni04(m): 9:08pm On Aug 04, 2012
I've actually seen worse! Was watching a documentary about trafficking in women, on Al jazeera and a retired Ho took the Al jazeera crew to the school she attended in Edo state. That school has to be the worst in Nigeria. Definitely not this one.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by GboyegaD(m): 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

This is rich! Ignorance at its limits.
Primary and secondary school education are firmly in the domain of LG's and states. Any politics commentator should be conversant with constitutional roles so they don't repeatedly make fools of themselves in public.
Very soon, you'll call the FG to clean your arse too.

I always preach that we should learn to queation our LG bosses and state governors, but obviously many of us think they were elected for the sole purpose of collecting monthly awuf. That awuf is only further shovelled into their personal accounts, only for the like of kobojunkie to scream at the FG. Its mass buffoonery at its peak.

You are more ignorant in your own case. The Local Government and the Federal Government shares responsibility in the maintenance and funding of primary education. You are just a loser who loves twisting obvious truth.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PGON(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2012
Sick country!!!

This kind of learning environment can kill the future of these great kids
Future leaders are seriously marginalized.

Hold on little ones, liberation is coming!!!
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by KINGwax(m): 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2012
Beaf:

Dude, those schools are not even the FG's business. That is 100% percent an ACN failure.
Ogun state primary schools are an eyesore.
i was actually waiting for u to display your utter foolishness. The same way for paymasters alwys shoot themselves in the foot. U won't disappoint. Ogun state is jes a year old under ACN, and i can tell u dt massive renovation of both primary schools and secondary schools have been undergoing. School materials like bags, exercise books and the lots were distributed for free to the students and i can vouch dt by d end of ACN's first tenure, testimonies will be said.
But concernin your foolishness u displayed, do u knw dt for good 8yrs, ogun state has been under d rule of the oppressive PDP govt? What have your people been looking at? You fuckin self-catcher, foolish foot-shooter!
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Mrchippychappy(m): 9:22pm On Aug 04, 2012
ACN ! BREEZE DON BLOW FOWL YANSH DON OPEN
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by naptu2: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Public secondary schools are run by state governments (except unity schools and armed forces schools). Primary schools are run by local governments (except Home Science and armed forces schools). Dr Ezekwesili's idea was to contract out the management of the schools. This was to be done in conjunction with state governments, local governments, PTA and NUT (because the schools are owned and run by state and local governments, while the other groups are stakeholders).

In her own words, we have a Ministry of Defence and a Federal Ministry of Education because education is the responsibility of all. So we also have state ministries of education. See the exclusive, concurrent and residual lists in the constitution.

Aunty Ayo Girls Comprehensive Secondary School, Keffi Street, South-West Ikoyi, Lagos.

Picture taken October 2009. The school P.T.A wrote the state government a letter complaining about the situation, but they only got a specification of what type of furniture to provide, and with what material.

Thankfully, by February 2010, some parents were able to provide desks & chairs for their kids. Since the desks/chairs are designed for 2 kids each, about 80% of the kids now have desks & chairs.

Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PaulJohn1: 9:24pm On Aug 04, 2012
Some people are just so funny with their post. Imagine a government who ruled a state every since 1999-2011 close to twelve years and did virtually nothing tangible. And some one open his mouth to criticize an administration who took over not up to two years for the former administrations default. SMH
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PaulJohn1: 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
KINGwax: i was actually waiting for u to display your utter foolishness. The same way for paymasters alwys shoot themselves in the foot. U won't disappoint. Ogun state is jes a year old under ACN, and i can tell u dt massive renovation of both primary schools and secondary schools have been undergoing. School materials like bags, exercise books and the lots were distributed for free to the students and i can vouch dt by d end of ACN's first tenure, testimonies will be said.
But concernin your foolishness u displayed, do u knw dt for good 8yrs, ogun state has been under d rule of the oppressive PDP govt? What have your people been looking at? You fuckin self-catcher, foolish foot-shooter!

No mind am
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by kunzel(m): 9:26pm On Aug 04, 2012
Those pictures are not from Obafemi Owode Primary School. I know the school cus it's close to where I stay. Their uniform is green & white and not blue. Stop spreading lies.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by Lordave: 9:31pm On Aug 04, 2012
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PaulJohn1: 9:32pm On Aug 04, 2012
kunzel: Those pictures are not from Obafemi Owode Primary School. I know the school cus it's close to where I stay. Their uniform is green & white and not blue. Stop spreading lies.

Mind taking a pix, may be on Monday when the pupils are in school to justify your post. Pix speak louder. It'll be well appreciated.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by samkoro: 9:38pm On Aug 04, 2012
Let them keep blaiming Jonathan.If local govt do their job Nigeria will change
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by adino(m): 9:39pm On Aug 04, 2012
UP ACN! UP ACN! UP ACN
My annoyance is that why is acn trying so desperately to breed more Tokyo's and Eleweomo's.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by CeaserB: 9:41pm On Aug 04, 2012
The only time I stepped into a public primary school was to work for the government (Service Things). It was in Lagos and I couldn't believe in Lagos State "MegaCity" there could be such worse places than KiriKiri Maximum Prison.
The environment was worse the effect could be seen in the pupils. Every sector of the government from the Local to the Federal is to be blamed for the poor state of Education in Nigeria.
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by PaulJohn1: 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
adino: UP ACN! UP ACN! UP ACN
My annoyance is that why is acn trying so desperately to breed more Tokyo's and Eleweomo's.
Paul John: Some people are just so funny with their post. Imagine a government who ruled a state every since 1999-2011 close to twelve years and did virtually nothing tangible. And some one open his mouth to criticize an administration who took over not up to two years for the former administrations default. SMH
Re: Obafemi Owode LG Primary School In Abeokuta: Worst Primary School In Nigeria? by preselect(m): 9:43pm On Aug 04, 2012
UBLANKATASHA!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

O'BOY see school oooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
just when you think you've seen the worst, nigeria gives you a new shocker grin grin grin grin grin grin. abeokuta lol grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

NANS Presents Award To Koko Zaria, Second In Command To MC Oluomo / A Teacher In Lagos Injures A Child At Home (Disturbing Photos) / Army Rescues 6 Kidnapped Students Of Federal University Of Gusau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.